The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
The maintenance is complete, and the PTS is now back online and patch 10.0.1 is available.
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Infinite CC immunity to Rune Cage/Petrify - bug, needs fixing!

Subversus
Subversus
✭✭✭✭✭
https://imgur.com/a/Syi25SQ

As op as Rune Cage is on the pts, this bug still needs to be fixed. I don’t know what causes it, but logging out/reloading zones fixes it usually.

No, the buff isn’t a UI error.
Yes, it gives infinite CC immunity.
No, it doesn’t affect all CCs, it only affects rune cage/petrify.
  • tyr509
    tyr509
    ✭✭
    Just to add some for information for ZOS:

I have encountered this on the Live server as well when dueling with my friends (so we were able to test it).
    When the player with infinite CC immunity is targeted, rune cage/petrify gets grayed out and you are unable to cast it on them (since it won't let you cast it on a CC immune target). When you cast some other CC that can be cast on anyone (i.e leap, or shock clench) you CAN still CC them. When that true cc immunity runs out, the infinite CC immunity still remains. Only reliable way I have found to get rid of it is by relogging.

Also, I'm fairly certain that this is getting exploited in Cyrodiil, I just don't know how people are forcing the bugged infinite CC immunity on themselves.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    tyr509 wrote: »

I have encountered this on the Live server as well when dueling with my friends (so we were able to test it).
    When the player with infinite CC immunity is targeted, rune cage/petrify gets grayed out and you are unable to cast it on them (since it won't let you cast it on a CC immune target). When you cast some other CC that can be cast on anyone (i.e leap, or shock clench) you CAN still CC them. When that true cc immunity runs out, the infinite CC immunity still remains. Only reliable way I have found to get rid of it is by relogging.

Also, I'm fairly certain that this is getting exploited in Cyrodiil, I just don't know how people are forcing the bugged infinite CC immunity on themselves.

It occurs fairly often to me/my EU friends on the pts. If it also occurs on live, it leads me to believe that lag plays a big part in it as most EU players have like 300 ping over there.

It usually occurs mid duel, so that must mean it’s related to breaking or somehow dealing with rune cage. Maybe a double cc from rune cage and another ability that stuns? Though the sorcs I’ve fought only used cage as a Cc, so idk.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably this same bug: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/382162/fossilize-bugged

I recorded a short video back then to show how it looks like, I don't think the bug ever got fixed.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep most likely @DDuke

I’ve consistently encountered it on the pts after doing sorc v sorc duels, usually within 10 minutes tops. I strongly believe that it’s tied to lag, we shall see once the pts comes over to EU.
  • sluice
    sluice
    ✭✭✭✭

Happened to me twice on live also with Fossilize while dueling.

I'm not sure what causes this. Both time it happened when dueling the same target multiple time.

I think it might be because I killed the target while fossilized.
    PSN: sluiceqc (NA-PS4) CP: 551+
    I strictly play on Daggerfall Covenant for when it comes to PvP
    Daggerfall Covenant
    sluice - Orc Sorcerer (50)
    Anýa - Bosmer Nightblade (0..50)

Aldmeri Dominion (PvE only)
    Arýä - Altmer Sorcerer (50)
    Marksar - Breton Templar (50)
    Maksar - Bosmer Nightblade (50)
    sluice - Imperial Dragonknight (0..50) R.I.P.

Ebonheart Pact
    Can't-Heal-Stupid - Argonian Templar (0..50)

#VMATOKENSYSTEM #TRAITCHANGE
    (vMA) drop table and probability
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. The killed part might actually be true now that I think of it.
  • TheYKcid
    TheYKcid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Bumping, because this bug made it into live. I'm filing a report in the bug subforum, and will link to this thread.
    PC/NA — Daggerfall Covenant — BGs, Kaalgrontiid
    Kalazar ChalhoubRedguard Nord Stamplar
    Kalaron Caemor — Altmer Magsorc
    Kalahad Cirith — Dunmer Magden
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭

They get their cross-faction guildmate to do it. I was wondering what I ran into last week but now I know. Thanks for this post OP.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    https://imgur.com/a/Syi25SQ

As op as Rune Cage is on the pts, this bug still needs to be fixed. I don’t know what causes it, but logging out/reloading zones fixes it usually.

No, the buff isn’t a UI error.
    Yes, it gives infinite CC immunity.
    No, it doesn’t affect all CCs, it only affects rune cage/petrify.

I mentioned this literally months ago. Not even suprised that its not fixed.