The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Are the new Daily Rewards a day off? Edit: They're working; get today's quick

• ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Update: While we continue to work on fixing this, we're going to turn off the Daily Rewards system in just a few minutes. It will remain off until we have a fix - we'll keep you updated. Also, we are working to ensure that everyone will still be able to obtain the milestone rewards within the same amount of days this month. We'll provide another update sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, everyone.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update: While we continue to work on fixing this, we're going to turn off the Daily Rewards system in just a few minutes. It will remain off until we have a fix - we'll keep you updated. Also, we are working to ensure that everyone will still be able to obtain the milestone rewards within the same amount of days this month. We'll provide another update sometime tomorrow. Thanks for your patience, everyone.

So I'm guessing that means you'll be trimming down on the number of filler rewards? That way there will still be the same amount of days for milestones?

Darn, I was so looking forward to those poisons and repair kits.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Soleya
    Soleya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not read all of the posts, but it seems that a lot of people are complaining about not getting free stuff.
    It is amazing what people will complain about!! :D

Technically, since I pay for a sub, nothing in the game is free.

People are complaining about a feature that's not working. If they didn't complain no one at ZOS would know, and the bug wouldn't get fixed.
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »
    I did not read all of the posts, but it seems that a lot of people are complaining about not getting free stuff.

People are complaining about a feature that's not working. If they didn't complain no one at ZOS would know, and the bug wouldn't get fixed.

Agreed. Stuff you can only get after you have already paid is not free stuff.
    PC EU
  • yurimodin
    yurimodin
    ✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

.....I was up for an experience scroll :(

• Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To clarify, rewards are claimed at 12:00am UTC (so 8pm EDT).
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Still waitin' for that sweet 1 lockpick log-in reward.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So I'm guessing that means you'll be trimming down on the number of filler rewards? That way there will still be the same amount of days for milestones?

Thanks to ZOS, all my progress learning to spell DILETE is going to waste... :sweat_smile:
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The description of the scroll is very apt. "For whom time is relative" xD
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • ibervangb16_ESO

You seriously think they added this feature, out of the kindness of their hearts. It is to get people to log in, and hopefully play the game, and spend money on it. Perhaps get new people to buy the game. etc
  • Vararrand
    Vararrand
    ✭✭

People are so ungrateful nowadays. You get crown stuff for free (which was never part of the initial contract when we bought the game) and still demand it when it got put down for maintenance a day. You are probably those same guys complaining at the reception on vacation that the towel wasn't changed while not changing it at home for weeks....

You seriously think they added this feature, out of the kindness of their hearts. It is to get people to log in, and hopefully play the game, and spend money on it. Perhaps get new people to buy the game. etc

You are right, they are a profit oriented service [/surprise!] and as such try to keep paying customers. The fact that they try to fight fire by praying to Sheogorath, or in this case off moving gamers with even more plunder, won't pretty much work, but it nevertheless is free crown stuff. And people complaining to get a day to wait for these 'gifts' is just ridiculous. [imho]

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they aren't after you. (Joseph Heller)
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭

Thanks for the update. Quick question: Should we still log in to bank credit, as it were, or will it just be a fresh start at whatever point this is fixed? I have a lot of other stuff going on right now so I'm not logging in to ESO as much except to move the reward track along; I'll find the time to do that much over the next few days if it's needed, but otherwise don't mind waiting until the fix is released and working.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vararrand wrote: »
    People are so ungrateful nowadays. You get crown stuff for free (which was never part of the initial contract when we bought the game) and still demand it when it got put down for maintenance a day. You are probably those same guys complaining at the reception on vacation that the towel wasn't changed while not changing it at home for weeks....

Wow, way to assume a truckton of things that I didn't say.

You are probably one of those same guys that assumes a bunch of stuff and then writes a paragraph about it.

That's not an assumption, just an observation.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People are so ungrateful nowadays. You are probably those same guys complaining at the reception on vacation that the towel wasn't changed while not changing it at home for weeks....

It is not required to be grateful at the receipt of unwanted, repeatedly offered, unsolicited gifts. If you like it, so be it. Be grateful. If you don't like it, and don't want it, you get pestered at every single login until you relent and take it. It cannot be turned off and it requires an add-on to silence it. If you take it but don't want the stuff, you have to delete it. If you stash it away some where, you quickly discover that same named items don't always stack.

So, no, I am under no obligation to be grateful for being pestered every day to take stuff that I will end up deleting so that it does not clutter up my inventory.

Edited by Elsonso on July 2, 2018 10:48PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is not required to be grateful at the receipt of unwanted, repeatedly offered, unsolicited gifts. If you like it, so be it. Be grateful. If you don't like it, and don't want it, you get pestered at every single login until you relent and take it. It cannot be turned off and it requires an add-on to silence it. If you take it but don't want the stuff, you have to delete it. If you stash it away some where, you quickly discover that same named items don't always stack.

So, no, I am under no obligation to be grateful for being pestered every day to take stuff that I will end up deleting so that it does not clutter up my inventory.

Ha, I also delete every poison, potion, repair kit, soul gem, etc.

Useless consumables all. Be grateful for what? Garbage?
    PC-NA Goat
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Broken game is broken. Are the devs stoned, hungover, hallucinating, suffering from diseases that affect cognition?
  • Iluvrien
    Iluvrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Wait... so you pulled the daily rewards, but kept the huge advertising window that the rewards were the reasoning for?

Both on, or both off please.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Iluvrien wrote: »

Wait... so you pulled the daily rewards, but kept the huge advertising window that the rewards were the reasoning for?

Both on, or both off please.

Yes, this is quite unprofessional at the moment.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • LordLomax
    LordLomax
    ✭✭✭✭
    Touch wood this will be fixed tommoz :)
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soleya wrote: »

Agreed. Stuff you can only get after you have already paid is not free stuff.

Stuff your sub. People who log in daily whether they're paying or not are getting the rewards. Hence. Free stuff!
    Edited by SteveCampsOut on July 2, 2018 11:19PM
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    Broken game is broken. Are the devs stoned, hungover, hallucinating, suffering from diseases that affect cognition?

errmm...

Sure !

Everything of this at the same time !
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • ookami007
    ookami007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still borked?
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    Don't delete the stuff you don't want - exchange for Gems and save up for something you DO want. That's what I'm doing...
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • DawnsLight65
    DawnsLight65
    ✭✭✭
    ookami007 wrote: »
    Still borked?

as of 8:30 est, yes
    Ra'avi Ahjonihr Khajit Stamblade, Level 1500Master ThiefCrafter and ExplorerHero of the Dominion, Pact, and CovenantMember of the DragonguardFriend to Razum-darFavored of Azura
    'It does not matter to M'aiq how strong or smart one is. It only matters what one can do.' -M'aiq the Liar
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭

People are so ungrateful nowadays. You are probably those same guys complaining at the reception on vacation that the towel wasn't changed while not changing it at home for weeks....

Some folk will always complain even for free stuff, this is so sad. I have a joyful life, i enjoy every bit of it, when i log in and see free stuff it's also joy, put some joy in your life.
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Some folk will always complain even for free stuff, this is so sad. I have a joyful life, i enjoy every bit of it, when i log in and see free stuff it's also joy, put some joy in your life.

Again, what are we supposed to be grateful for? It's useless garbage consumables.

Do you get joyful when someone in real life hands you garbage?
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't delete the stuff you don't want - exchange for Gems and save up for something you DO want. That's what I'm doing...

We're discussing drops from login rewards, not crates. Login rewards can't be exchanged for anything.
    PC-NA Goat
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i will get my stuff from every day this stuffs down right??
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

Probably not. "We are working to ensure that everyone will still be able to obtain the milestone rewards within the same amount of days this month" tells me that they are more likely to skip over those days so that the rest of the month stays on track.

If you really are broken up about missing those Crown poisons, pots and repair kits, I can always mail you the equivalent and superior in-game versions.
    PC-NA Goat
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Probably not. "We are working to ensure that everyone will still be able to obtain the milestone rewards within the same amount of days this month" tells me that they are more likely to skip over those days so that the rest of the month stays on track.

If you really are broken up about missing those Crown poisons, pots and repair kits, I can always mail you the equivalent and superior in-game versions.

repair kits are repair kits for free period poisons some of them are good ones. pots are meh. what im really wanting are the crates and in particular the guar
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

repair kits are repair kits for free period poisons some of them are good ones. pots are meh. what im really wanting are the crates and in particular the guar

Don't worry about missing out on the crates and the pet. Like Gina said, they're working to make sure that you can still get the milestone rewards.
    PC-NA Goat