Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Are the new Daily Rewards a day off? Edit: They're working; get today's quick

• Spacegato
    Spacegato
    ✭✭✭
    Same here :(
  • ShainaOtori
    ShainaOtori
    ✭✭
    Second month in and it's already broken, I'd laugh if it wasn't so disappointing. Logged in yesterday evening from Italy, it said 11 hours left, now it says 10 hours =__=
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Quick update: We've identified the issue that's causing this, and are currently in discussion about when we can roll out a fix. Stand by for more information...
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WIZZARD2K wrote: »
    Shouldn't they have started on July 1st, 0:00 GMT?
    For me at least, they reset, but aren't available.
    pWtDpGI.png

Edit: They're extra broken for everybody: Day 1 is perpetually on a 24h countdown timer, unavailable.

Yep. Can confirm. I had next reward in: 1h 30 min yesterday at 23:30.... Now I logged in and it says next reward in 10h... ? ? :o:#:*:/
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 2, 2018 2:14PM
  • dimensional
    dimensional
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update: We've identified the issue that's causing this, and are currently in discussion about when we can roll out a fix. Stand by for more information...

Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you make a statement or confirmation that everyone who has been trying to get these rewards will be retroactively given them when fixed?
  • Kiralyn2000
    Kiralyn2000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

can you make a statement or confirmation that everyone who has been trying to get these rewards will be retroactively given them when fixed?

Eh, given that there's more days in a month than rewards, unless it takes several more days for the fix, this seems like a low priority. (think about it - trying to add in some temporary 'mark off as completed & send first two rewards' function into the already-buggy system just seems like asking for more errors to happen.)
  • d3adkid
    d3adkid
    ✭✭
    This happened yesterday as well the daily rewards screen did not popup for me.
    I aspire to become a thin yet fat tank.
  • Gythral
    Gythral
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

can you make a statement or confirmation that everyone who has been trying to get these rewards will be retroactively given them when fixed?

Eh, given that there's more days in a month than rewards, unless it takes several more days for the fix, this seems like a low priority. (think about it - trying to add in some temporary 'mark off as completed & send first two rewards' function into the already-buggy system just seems like asking for more errors to happen.)

Just change the table to compact it by n+1 days, where n is the date the patch actually works on
    “Be as a tower, that, firmly set,
    Shakes not its top for any blast that blows!”
    Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom can you make a statement or confirmation that everyone who has been trying to get these rewards will be retroactively given them when fixed?

I see your point, these 1 or 2 missing days can make a difference for some people that ar away later this month.

But seeing how the simple reward claiming is already causing trouble I don't want to know what they would break while trying to add the rewards to some char inventory or send them per mail and mark them as claimed manually...
    Edited by Cruxanero on July 2, 2018 2:33PM
  • Altairien
    Altairien
    ✭✭✭
    Cruxanero wrote: »

I see your point, these 1 or 2 missing days can make a difference for some people that ar away later this month.

But seeing how the simple reward claiming is already causing trouble I don't want to know what they would break while trying to add the rewards to some char inventory or send them per mail and mark them as claimed manually...
    ZOS would just need to compress the rewards schedule, e.g. combine/double up missed rewards, so that it still ends on the same day. This shouldn't be an issue since nobody has received anything as yet.
  • HankJohnson
    HankJohnson
    ✭✭
    Maintenance is complete, yet I still can’t take my login rewards. When it will be fixed and how can I get all rewards of this month if it’s two days of this bug?
  • Cruxanero
    Cruxanero
    ✭✭✭✭
    Altairien wrote: »
    ZOS would just need to compress the rewards schedule, e.g. combine/double up missed rewards, so that it still ends on the same day. This shouldn't be an issue since nobody has received anything as yet.

In theory there's also no problem with the simple code of "make one reward claimable per day", and yet it's not working.
    Whatever they would implement as a solution to the retroactivity will be a step more complicated, and to make it worser, they'd only need this code this one time (well, optimistically at least).

The simplest working solution would maybe to switch out the july reward table (what is already implemented, I guess) to a cropped version minus two of the first days (so two days of potions less for instance). That way only the potions would be lost now and not the crates at the end of the month, and it should be relatively easy to do.

I mean, sure, if they can make it work to grant everyone the first two rewards now, I wouldn't be complaining. And sure there are ways to do it, it's just the question if it''s worth the effort.
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

K7iZXNT.gif
    signing off
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

We don't know yet, but it's definitely one of the things being discussed.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

We don't know yet, but it's definitely one of the things being discussed.

And this is one of the main reasons why I cancelled my ESO + sub. I'm not quitting, it's just that I'm not paying for this game in it's current state anymore. I've seen mmo's in full on maintenance mode run better then ESO does now.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • MrBlack23
    MrBlack23
    ✭✭
    Yesterday before the maintenance it said 5 hrs left and that would of been right before servers went down. Now almost 9hrs after the start of the maintenance I now have an 8 hr cool down on my first reward.... awesome....
  • xan4silkb14_ESO
    xan4silkb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's not technically "daily" rewards since you won't get a new reward every single day even if you log in every single day of the year at the exact same time. They are only daily in the sense that you can't claim the X reward until you've claimed the 1st through X-1 rewards in order once per day at a time. For July, I believe there are 23 rewards to be claimed. So you can not login for an entire week and not miss all of the rewards this month. I like it. It encourages players to log in a little more often, but not become a daily chore if you really can't or don't want to. Also, I have claimed 2 rewards in a single "day" before. Log in a few minutes before the cutoff of 12 AM UTC and claim that "day", and then claim the 2nd "day" shortly afterwards. This uses up your "daily" rewards for 48 hours. 12 AM UTC to 12 AM UTC on 1 day, 12 AM UTC to 12 AM UTC on 2nd day, so you won't be able to claim a third reward until 12 AM UTC on the 3rd day.
    Edited by xan4silkb14_ESO on July 2, 2018 4:13PM
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sad thing is I am not surprised they couldn't even get this right :D

Maybe pull a few guys off the crowncrate department and over to qualitycontrol ;)
    Edited by Agobi on July 2, 2018 4:28PM
  • Willem 1982
    Agobi wrote: »
    sad thing is I am not surprised they couldn't even get this right :D

Maybe pull a few guys off the crowncrate department and over to qualitycontrol ;)

They better hire an "army" for quality control... never seen a MMO with so many bugs as this one...
    Recruiter & Sergeant - Tamriel Outcasts
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I wonder if the problem had to do with the June rewards not actually starting until June 5. So, the counter was working but it kept resetting and not giving the reward because it wasn't July 5 yet.

Regardless of the reason why it's not working, I do hope that they either remove a few of the minor rewards so that folks who are vacationing, etc. still have the same amount of days that they can miss without losing out on the big reward at the end or give us all the first few rewards retroactively.
  • Malakor
    Malakor
    ✭✭✭
    LOL, yeah, I thought I was having a senior moment last night, I was playing, checked the rewards around 1930 my local time, it said 30 minutes, I checked it again at 2001 and it said 24 hours.

Blasted time travelers :lol:
  • TatouFilou
    I got a free crate out of nowhere while I was in game, maybe an apology gift?
    Edited by TatouFilou on July 2, 2018 6:05PM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TatouFilou wrote: »

That's for the Steam issues.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • ithlia
    ithlia
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update Gina.
  • Mahabahabtha
    Mahabahabtha
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No, There weren´t any FREE Crates as an apology, they just gave the Steam Users a crate because 99% had no chance to login and claim a free Box this Black Sunday...

NO apology
    NO explanaition
    NO Gift
    NO 40 hour extra eso+ for those who had ESO+ at that particular days

Just the hint, it may happen again and they have their fingers double-crossed for us.... :*
    "In fact, I’ve met more PVEers that are worse at PvE than PvPers."
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    I logged in just to be sure I have a login on record for today in case they do a retroactive fix, and to confirm that the issue persists (as of right now, it does). I do hope it's retroactive. A week's grace period makes getting through the reward set eminently doable, but start shaving off days and suddenly forgetting just one day can make all the difference.
  • TatouFilou

oh ok
    Edited by TatouFilou on July 2, 2018 6:49PM
  • JamuThatsWho
    JamuThatsWho
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in earlier today and clicked the reward just to see if it was a display issue.
    No joy.
    I hope players don't get penalised a day for this and miss out on later rewards.
    @JamuThatsWho - PC EU - CP2000

Main:
    Vasiir-jo - Khajiit Necromancer, AD

Alts:
    Sul-Mael Hlarothran - Dunmer Sorcerer, EP

Ushaar-Ixaht - Argonian Nightblade, DC

Rorbakh gro-Khraag - Orc Templar, AD

Anduuroon - Altmer Warden, EP

Travanius Braelia - Imperial Dragonknight, DC
  • Easily_Lost
    Easily_Lost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not read all of the posts, but it seems that a lot of people are complaining about not getting free stuff.
    It is amazing what people will complain about!! :D
    PC - NA - AD
    started April 2015
    PVE & Solo only

Meet the LOST family: CP 1250+
    Easily Lost Crafter - lvl 50 - Sorcerer Orc ( knows all traits and most styles )
    Easily Lost-W - lvl 50 - Warden Imperial
    Forever Lost - lvl 50 Sorcerer

CROWN CRATES: It doesn't affect gameplay, it's not mandatory, it's cosmetic only. If it helps to support the game and ZOS, I support it! Say YES to crown crates.
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I did not read all of the posts, but it seems that a lot of people are complaining about not getting free stuff.
    It is amazing what people will complain about!! :D

Indeed.

We're complaining that ZOS's reward program for daily free stuff doesn't work properly.

I mean, I don't recall the players asking ZOS to implement this program, but if ZOS is going to have a program that gives out daily free stuff and that puts the good stuff at the end, and has a limited number of days you can miss to claim the good free stuff...

Yeah, people are going to want the program to get the free stuff to work properly. Especially after last month saw technical issues prevent people from logging in.

I would have been perfectly happy if ZOS had never implemented this free daily stuff program int he first place. But now that they have, and now that they'd like me to log in daily to get it, I'd appreciate it working properly.