The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Loud Bell sound when entering combat

Vaoh
Vaoh
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Many times when entering combat against simple enemies in Overworld content (mudcrabs, random “insert Delve name” NPCs, etc) there is a loud “Ding” sound like a bell that immediately plays. It wasn’t noticeable at first, but after having it happen so much it has become annoying to hear..... a few friends I’ve talked to have said the same thing as well so it’s not at all just me either. Please look into this!

Also I’m pretty sure it was reported and fixed on PC....
If so, was it entirely fixed or only reduced in annoyance? Was this fix deployed to consoles as well?

Right now playing on console (in its most current state) the sound of the bell is definitely there and annoying to hear whereas prior to Summerset there was no bell sound at all - should get looked in to!
Edited by Vaoh on June 30, 2018 9:17PM
  • Tholian1
    Tholian1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it the same bell that plays when entering a voice channel?
    PS4 Pro NA
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vaoh I think its part of the combat music.
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a thread on this a while ago, can't remember if it turned out to be combat music or a particular armor set making the noise. The sound dev chimed in with some posts in the thread so might be worth searching for the thread.

Edit: You replied in the thread but this is the one. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/414186/did-anyone-else-notice-the-new-combat-sound-effect/p1
    Edited by Zorgon_The_Revenged on June 30, 2018 10:36PM
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Is there a video record of that sound?
    It might be one particular combat music cue which starts with something that can be described as "ding" sound - but I don't think that one is annoying, I heard such sounds in many different soundtracks. Very interesting to confirm if it's the same sound.

I haven't found this exact combat music and I can't make a video myself, but here the next second you can hear the "ding" sound at 8:45. The music I'm talking about starts with the same "ding" - just a bit louder one.
    Edited by Fischblut on July 1, 2018 9:09AM
  • BaneOfBattler
    BaneOfBattler
    ✭✭✭
    a bell? lol
  • Nerdrage9000
    Nerdrage9000
    ✭✭✭
    TRIGGERED DING
  • Tsukiino
    Tsukiino
    ✭✭✭
    I think it's you joining a voice channel
  • Swifigames
    Swifigames
    ✭✭✭
    Wouldn't have sounded like a....cowbell perhaps?
    Crown potion chime?
    "We don't want other worlds, we want mirrors." - Gibarian
    --
    Nightblade (Bosmer) - Kremlok
    Templar (Khajiit) - Drops-the-Ball
    Templar (Altmer) - Lyranil of Alinor
    Necromancer (Altmer) - Kalomyr
    Sorcerer (Dunmer) - Lord Eldruin
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I get like a loud clicking sound or crunching sound randomly like something is taking snapshots while i'm playing overland.. Very odd noise and its super random..

I'm on PCNA
  • Zorgon_The_Revenged
    Zorgon_The_Revenged
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's someone throwing some coins at those invisible bards.....