The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Murkmire; What do we know?

Cazzy
Cazzy
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
I've not been able to find much information other than "#soon".

Is it DLC similar to CWC or is it an expansion much akin to Summerset?

Are there datamined images?

How big is the landmass?
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at CWC, Hew's Bane and Gold Coast and you ll see how huge it will be. Also we know that Murkmire will include purses of all colors.
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • LMar
    LMar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know that the river has finally brought us home!

It's a Q4 DLC akin to Clockwork, hopefully a bit bigger. It also has an arena for more than 1 person and less than 12 people
    Edited by LMar on July 2, 2018 5:00PM
    "If a stick of fish is a fish stick, it will stick like other fish sticks stick"
    "Taller races now sit in chairs correctly"
  • RaddlemanNumber7
    RaddlemanNumber7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mud and lizards. Some of them will be undead lizards.

A central story line like CWC but with the Hist instead of Sotha Sil. No indication of who the antagonist is, as far as I know.

Guar on acid.

It looks like a lot of the scenery assets have already been used for DB and Shadows of the Hist.

More wonderful Argonian voice acting :)
    Edited by RaddlemanNumber7 on June 30, 2018 7:25PM
    PC EU
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    considering the game performance issues related to other recent content - yeah...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    i know nothing...

keen to go there though. quite like those lizard chaps, very polite.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know that it will become a good source of leather
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    We know that the river has finally brought us home!

It's a Q4 DLC akin to Clockwork, hopefully a bit bigger.

They started Murkmire years ago, then shelved it. Now they are reheating it. Hopefully, it is at least Craglorn in size, since it hails from an earlier era when zones were still good sized without having to be Chapters.

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Take a look at CWC, Hew's Bane and Gold Coast and you ll see how huge it will be. Also we know that Murkmire will include purses of all colors.

I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit bigger considering the zone has been in development since like 2014 and was almost done then. I imagine it might be closer in size to upper/lower Craglorn (since that's what it was originally designed to be).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on June 30, 2018 9:45PM
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will have the lizards. And will be swampy. It will also have a new arena. Probably slavers to get them filthy lizards.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Going to be smaller than cwc, new crap proc sets for PvP folks to get up in arms over, some stupid arena or a mini mini trial (Yes a mini mini one), screw stam sorcs over more yet, make longer loading screens yet, more crap in crown store, half of murkmire will be gliched out and when they finally release a patch to fix it the servers will blow up causing a tear in the fabric of reality and we'll all die a slow and horrible death.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a concept art map floating around... *digs* Here:
    latest?cb=20151025041827
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    I've not been able to find much information other than "#soon".

Is it DLC similar to CWC or is it an expansion much akin to Summerset?

Are there datamined images?

How big is the landmass?

It's south of Shadowfen.

Near the western edge of the southern border of the map there is already a road leading south off map, likely will be the land route to murkmire.
  • Koronach
    Koronach
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    We know that it will become a good source of leather
    Froil wrote: »
    It will have the lizards. And will be swampy. It will also have a new arena. Probably slavers to get them filthy lizards.

I love the ignore feature so I don't have to see more posts from these bait posting scrub-lords.
    On topic all I've heard is speculation on the size of the zone. I haven't really heard anything about what the plot will be.
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    My sources tell me that it's located in Tamriel.
  • Ohtimbar
    Ohtimbar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know I'd prefer a Murkmire chapter.
    forever stuck in combat
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There will be argonians
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Froggmann5
    Froggmann5
    ✭✭✭
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone.jpg
    Here's the Zone map from 2014.

New race of NPC's called the "Naga"s:
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-4.jpg

New Dreugh:
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-5.jpg

Some Miscellaneous concept art for loading screens:
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-9.jpg
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-8.jpg
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-11.jpg
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-10.jpg
    eso-murkmire-adventure-zone-12.jpg

This is all from 2014, so I'm assuming a massive truck load of changes has happened since then. So take it all with a grain of salt.

Couple of Extra tidbits:

* Dominant creature is the Argonian (obviously)
    * It's swampy in the north, upland area in the middle, bog in the south.
    * At the time, it was confirmed to have a 12 man trial. We also know now it also has a 4 man trial.
    * Was originally intended to be an "Adventure Zone" much like Craglorn before One Tamriel. I assume this means there's a possibility of more group events than your average zone.
    Edited by Froggmann5 on June 30, 2018 10:20PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BigBadVolk wrote: »
    There will be argonians

Baseless rumors! :smile:
  • Inklings
    Inklings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So Lizard, much moist. #moistmire

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Froggmann5 wrote: »
    * Was originally intended to be an "Adventure Zone" much like Craglorn before One Tamriel. I assume this means there's a possibility of more group events than your average zone.

I will hazard a guess and say that pretty much everything from the "adventure zone" concept has been tossed out, burned, and the ground salted. :smile: If we are lucky, the basic zone map remains largely the same, but there will be all new ... well ... everything else.
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    Going to be smaller than cwc, new crap proc sets for PvP folks to get up in arms over, some stupid arena or a mini mini trial (Yes a mini mini one), screw stam sorcs over more yet, make longer loading screens yet, more crap in crown store, half of murkmire will be gliched out and when they finally release a patch to fix it the servers will blow up causing a tear in the fabric of reality and we'll all die a slow and horrible death.

stay positive, dude.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The art we have seen suggests that it will be quite beautiful. I'm hopeful they'll have those toxic storms from the lore.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Ohtimbar wrote: »

How about a 'Year of the Argonian'.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭

i think it has been the year of the argonian for a long time!

however if an argonian sorc kills me.....i might just rage!!! :-)
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

nah, one chapter for argonians is good enough
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Aliyavana on June 30, 2018 11:28PM
  • Robo_Hobo
    Robo_Hobo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From old datamined Murkmire books I remember reading, the story seems like it will be about an Argonian hero who helped to get the Argonians to help the Dunmer and Nords against the Akaviri, and also whom helped in the Three Banners War, will be returning to Black Marsh, specifically Murkmire, in the hopes that she intends to research some of the old Argonian technology her people's ancestors once had, to bring it into the modern day to bring the Argonians into a bigger part of the world than just the Marsh. The end of the book series about her mentions that she's hoping to invite other adventurers to Murkmire to help in this endeavor.
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen v2.0
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    From old datamined Murkmire books I remember reading, the story seems like it will be about an Argonian hero who helped to get the Argonians to help the Dunmer and Nords against the Akaviri, and also whom helped in the Three Banners War, will be returning to Black Marsh, specifically Murkmire, in the hopes that she intends to research some of the old Argonian technology her people's ancestors once had, to bring it into the modern day to bring the Argonians into a bigger part of the world than just the Marsh. The end of the book series about her mentions that she's hoping to invite other adventurers to Murkmire to help in this endeavor.

that argonian is naive to help other people because her people will be enslaved by their former and future slavers after the pact falls.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »

that argonian is naive to help other people because her people will be enslaved by their former and future slavers after the pact falls.

Perhaps she has insights from the Hist that others do not know.
    <And plenty more>