Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Murkmire; What do we know?

• James-Wayne
    James-Wayne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A lot of the early artwork and assets for Murkmire were used in The Dark Brotherhood storyline, I imagine they have developed more for the new zone.

Hoping for more group content in this zone like Craglorn is, I expect we should get some along with perhaps a 4 or 6 player Arena.

This is the datamined map from Imperial City update, obviously still designing the zone:

z4ibtdnhcq801.png

And you can also see this matches the outline for the ESO Launch map, this zone is bigger then the other potential DLC zones:
    800?cb=20171002023113
    Edited by James-Wayne on July 1, 2018 1:34AM
    PERTH, AUSTRALIA | PC | NA | @Aussie-Elders

TENTH ANNIVERSARY - Thanks for sticking with us for 10 years.
    James-Wayne you earned this badge 9:56AM on 4th of February 2024.
    529 people have also earned this badge.
  • Urvoth
    Urvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know if there will be any new gameplay features? CwC had transmuting, Dragon bones had outfits, Summerset had jewelry crafting, etc, so any news of a new gameplay feature like these in Murkmire? Spell crafting wasn't in Summerset so maybe it will be in the werewolf dlc?
  • NewbieOKS
    NewbieOKS
    ✭✭✭
    Urvoth wrote: »
    Anyone know if there will be any new gameplay features? CwC had transmuting, Dragon bones had outfits, Summerset had jewelry crafting, etc, so any news of a new gameplay feature like these in Murkmire? Spell crafting wasn't in Summerset so maybe it will be in the werewolf dlc?

Wasn’t spellcrafting datamined as well?

https://signatur.eso-database.com/17868970/signatur.jpg
    ESO-Database provides statistics for Elder Scrolls Online characters and guilds. This information is collected by the ESO-Database Client and ESO Database AddOn https://www.eso-database.com/en/ Huge thanks to @Keldor for this amazing add-on
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Short of Spell Crafting and maybe a way of changing Armor Weight Class (Changing a Heavy Armor set to Light Armor), I can't think of much else to add to ESO that Murkmire can add.
    Argonian forever
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So more swamp.. so exciting.. I couldn't think of a more horrible place to play an online mmorpg than a swamp map..

Shadowfen was bad enough imo.
    Edited by DanteYoda on July 1, 2018 3:00AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NewbieOKS wrote: »
    Urvoth wrote: »

Wasn’t spellcrafting datamined as well?

Spellcrafting was datamined ages ago, but most likely cancelled (for obvious balance reasons).
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    So more swamp.. so exciting.. I couldn't think of a more horrible place to play an online mmorpg than a swamp map..

I'm sorry you feel that way. For the rest of us, we like to stay moist. BLACK MARSH COMING!!! =D
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • The_Protagonist
    The_Protagonist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably more proc sets and strange mounts... don't get your hopes up. Shadows of the Hist gave us Velidreth and Widowmaker, what is going to come with Murkmire will hopefully not be another oblivion damage set.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Swamps and lizards. :|
  • Zhaedri
    Zhaedri
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really looking forward to it, is what I know.

I wonder what the zone housing will be...
    @Zhaedri PC NA

• Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All we currently know are some out-dated information about Murkmire - since it was originally planned as a 4 - man content (similar to Craglorn) but it was scrapped and the works on this DLC where cancelled. Only recently we had info that it will be a story DLC.
    We also know that some of the assets that were planned for Murkmire where used in Shadows of the Hist DLC and Dark Brotherhood DLC.
    We also know that it was planned for long time since if you go to bottom of Shadowfen you will see that there is a path & gate that currently leads to nowhere:
    O1tltrF.jpg
    jFoYCYL.jpg

links to wiki:
    http://en.uesp.net/wiki/Online:Murkmire
    http://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Murkmire

Official Murkmire DLC announcement:
    https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/news/post/26417

Original screenshot of "Alpha" version of Murkmire (sorry for small img but I was unable to find larger):
    350?cb=20150519022301
    And the one from the recent announcement:
    0cdbdc9ff6c86d4a34dc6b91b5bd2ff6.jpg
    As you can see the building in the background looks almost identical so I would assume that this will be new architecture & furnishing style.
    As for the rest I think it will be a "standard" stuff that we get with new story DLC (using Clockwork City as a reference we will probably get):
    - 2 New Style Motives
    - 1 New Furnishing style
    - 1 New Murkmire / Argonian themed style House
    - 3 New gear sets
    - 3 New crafted sets
    - 3 New sets that will drop on Arena (Yes - Murkmire will have new group arena
    "Similar to previous DLC zones, Murkmire will feature a brand new area to explore, an exciting story line, new World Bosses and Delves, and a brand-new group arena (with its own leaderboard)." )
    - Since it has an arena we will probably get a new set of special altering skills weapons (Similar to Master Weapons) - I just hope those will not be too OP....
    - It is also possible that we will have even more motives since some cool motives can drop on Arena.
    Edited by Tommy_The_Gun on July 1, 2018 9:30AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm excited to see how ZOS does a jungle zone in 2018. Zones like Summerset and Vvardenfell had a lot more foliage density than base game zones. Valenwood and Black Marsh had only a few giant trees and no sense of density.
  • Chrysa1is
    Chrysa1is
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm all set for the dungeons. My poisons are ready!
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    We know that the river has finally brought us home!

It's a Q4 DLC akin to Clockwork, hopefully a bit bigger.

They started Murkmire years ago, then shelved it. Now they are reheating it. Hopefully, it is at least Craglorn in size, since it hails from an earlier era when zones were still good sized without having to be Chapters.

You don't believe they'll give you a Craglorn sized zone as a ESO+ DLC, do you?
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its hot, and damp.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

They started Murkmire years ago, then shelved it. Now they are reheating it. Hopefully, it is at least Craglorn in size, since it hails from an earlier era when zones were still good sized without having to be Chapters.

Craglorn came in two parts though. Murkmire would be the same size as upper OR lower Craglorn in that case. That would make it slightly larger than other DLC zones but not the size of a full zone.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 1, 2018 10:08AM
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it a new ChaptexpanLC? Must be bought with cashcrowncredits from the walletbankstore.....o.O

Disclaimer: many ,if not all new names and/or designations may be made up and possibly not correct at time of writing..... :D
  • Seraphayel
    Seraphayel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And you can also see this matches the outline for the ESO Launch map, this zone is bigger then the other potential DLC zones:
    800?cb=20171002023113

This map is super misleading. On that map Summerset is like 4-5 times of Auridon when in game it's at best 1.5 times Auridon.
    PS5
    EU
    Aldmeri Dominion
    - Khajiit Arcanist -
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »

I'm not really all that impressed by Shadowfen as a swamp. I see Murkmire as a means to do better.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Craglorn came in two parts though. Murkmire would be the same size as upper OR lower Craglorn in that case. That would make it slightly larger than other DLC zones but not the size of a full zone.

I think Craglorn was in two parts because they broke it in half to fit into the development cycle. This is not the case, here.
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Robo_Hobo wrote: »
    From old datamined Murkmire books I remember reading, the story seems like it will be about an Argonian hero who helped to get the Argonians to help the Dunmer and Nords against the Akaviri, and also whom helped in the Three Banners War, will be returning to Black Marsh, specifically Murkmire, in the hopes that she intends to research some of the old Argonian technology her people's ancestors once had, to bring it into the modern day to bring the Argonians into a bigger part of the world than just the Marsh. The end of the book series about her mentions that she's hoping to invite other adventurers to Murkmire to help in this endeavor.

that argonian is naive to help other people because her people will be enslaved by their former and future slavers after the pact falls.

Eh, it all turns out good in the end. Give it two more eras and one volcanic eruption. ;)
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know we don't know much about Murkmire aside from a few images. I just know that I'm very happy that we're finally going back to Black Marsh. I have erected the spine of excitement!

...probably should've worded that better...

ANYWAY! I'm just gad that we're seeing more of Black Marsh. It was a province we haven't gotten to see very much of up to this point (like Elsweyr, which hopefully comes next year), and I definitely hope that Murkmire is at least as big as Shadowfen.
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on July 6, 2018 3:54AM
  • generalmyrick
    generalmyrick
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    After murkmire, itll be another morrowind area or east skyrim.
    "The red pill and its opposite, the blue pill, are a popular cultural meme, a metaphor representing the choice between:

Knowledge, freedom, uncertainty and the brutal truths of reality (red pill)
    Security, happiness, beauty, and the blissful ignorance of illusion (blue pill)"

Insight to Agree to Awesome Ratio = 1:6.04:2.76 as of 1/25/2019

Compared to people that I've ignored = I am 18% more insightful, 20% less agreeable, and 88% more awesome.
  • crjs1
    crjs1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would be really really suprised if Murkmire is any larger than clockwork city. While it was originally designed in 2014 I imagine it will now be very different. Plus Zos got a lot of (unwarranted in the most part) flack about the size of Summerset being too small so I really doubt they will release a DLC with a zone as large as a chapter zone. It would be a kick in the teeth for everyone who paid for a chapter. Not that I don’t want it to be large, the bigger the better if you ask me.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shadowfen is my least-favorite place to go, BUT I'd been really pleased with the DLC/chapters they've released for ESO in the past year.
    As long as Murkmire is more than just avoiding alligators and mosquitos, I'll be happy. (I know it will be.)

*EDIT* Oh, and the person who designed the Psijic quests shouldn't be allowed to touch Murkmire. Or any other DLC. Ever.

Edited by SydneyGrey on July 1, 2018 9:58PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »
    I would be really really suprised if Murkmire is any larger than clockwork city. While it was originally designed in 2014 I imagine it will now be very different. Plus Zos got a lot of (unwarranted in the most part) flack about the size of Summerset being too small so I really doubt they will release a DLC with a zone as large as a chapter zone. It would be a kick in the teeth for everyone who paid for a chapter. Not that I don’t want it to be large, the bigger the better if you ask me.

If they have already laid out the zone for Murkmire, as part of the development of the "Adventure Zone" back in 2014-ish, then I would expect them to re-use that. In that case, it will be whatever size they were going to make it back then, with little consideration for the new smaller zones, or Chapters. They will just price it accordingly in the Crown Store.

This is one reason why I expected Murkmire to be a Chapter, instead of a quarterly DLC. I expect that Murkmire will be larger than an average new zone.

I guess we will see, after the werewolf DLC gets released.
  • Carl-lan
    Carl-lan
    ✭✭✭✭
    crjs1 wrote: »

If they have already laid out the zone for Murkmire, as part of the development of the "Adventure Zone" back in 2014-ish, then I would expect them to re-use that. In that case, it will be whatever size they were going to make it back then, with little consideration for the new smaller zones, or Chapters. They will just price it accordingly in the Crown Store.

This is one reason why I expected Murkmire to be a Chapter, instead of a quarterly DLC. I expect that Murkmire will be larger than an average new zone.

I guess we will see, after the werewolf DLC gets released.

You should lower your expectations to avoid disappointment!

I think it will be a smaller zone like Hews Bane, Gold Coast, CWC etc. They would have reworked the map just like they reworked the whole group adventure zone thing, to fit in with their new cycle of content releases and gameplay styles. It was a few years ago after all.

And if it is a larger zone... that’s awesome! Would love that!
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »

Wise advice. I forget, sometimes.
    I think it will be a smaller zone like Hews Bane, Gold Coast, CWC etc. They would have reworked the map just like they reworked the whole group adventure zone thing, to fit in with their new cycle of content releases and gameplay styles. It was a few years ago after all.

And if it is a larger zone... that’s awesome! Would love that!

I think that they have already done a lot of the Murkmire zone. These things take a long time, with all the stuff that has to go into an overworld zone, so they probably started to lay it out back in 2014 before they postponed it. ZOS would be foolish to toss anything out that they don't have to. If anything, ZOS is frugal. They would make use of any scrap of existing work that they could, just to minimize costs. Of course, if they had not started on it, all bets are off.

With that in mind... Where the cost cutting comes in, and where we will see the scaling back,will be in places like dungeons, delves, overworld points of interest, side quests, and stuff like that. It won't be as bad as Gold Coast, but you'll see a lot of Travolta memes when it comes out, I am sure.

I mean, it isn't that ZOS is incapable of making a truely awesome DLC, or even a Chapter, with lots to do, see, and experience. They can do that. What they can't do is do that, and then sell it to us at a price we can afford. When the price starts to get higher than what they think we can afford, then they start building in monetization opportunities so that people will pay the extra for the zone, without having to put the big price tag on the DLC itself.
  • Ragebull
    Ragebull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure it'll be cool
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

In the interest of lowering expectations: they might have built the zone to be Craglorn-sized initially, then split it in half with the intention of releasing each half as a separate DLC.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works