The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Murkmire; What do we know?

• ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    So more swamp.. so exciting.. I couldn't think of a more horrible place to play an online mmorpg than a swamp map..

Shadowfen was bad enough imo.

I'm not really all that impressed by Shadowfen as a swamp. I see Murkmire as a means to do better.

Black Marsh proper is not just another giant Swamp. Hasn't anyone seen the concept art? The place has rolling hills and grasslands, as well as tropical rainforests and craggy mountains.

You want a sneak peak? Go into Ruins of Mazzatun and look at the backdrop. You won't see any swamp there.
    Edited by ArchMikem on July 2, 2018 12:18AM
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LMar wrote: »
    We know that the river has finally brought us home!

It's a Q4 DLC akin to Clockwork, hopefully a bit bigger.

They started Murkmire years ago, then shelved it. Now they are reheating it. Hopefully, it is at least Craglorn in size, since it hails from an earlier era when zones were still good sized without having to be Chapters.

Craglorn came in two parts though. Murkmire would be the same size as upper OR lower Craglorn in that case. That would make it slightly larger than other DLC zones but not the size of a full zone.

I think Craglorn was in two parts because they broke it in half to fit into the development cycle. This is not the case, here.

If Murkmire was developed back then, it would have presumably followed the same development cycle.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 2, 2018 12:23AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carl-lan wrote: »
    You should lower your expectations to avoid disappointment!

I think it will be a smaller zone like Hews Bane, Gold Coast, CWC etc. They would have reworked the map just like they reworked the whole group adventure zone thing, to fit in with their new cycle of content releases and gameplay styles. It was a few years ago after all.

In the interest of lowering expectations: they might have built the zone to be Craglorn-sized initially, then split it in half with the intention of releasing each half as a separate DLC.

Interesting thought. They split Clockwork City into parts and gave us part of the center section, and a quarter (?) of the "radius" section. Do you think there is any intention on their part to release the rest of Clockwork City?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    So more swamp.. so exciting.. I couldn't think of a more horrible place to play an online mmorpg than a swamp map..

I'm not really all that impressed by Shadowfen as a swamp. I see Murkmire as a means to do better.

Black Marsh proper is not just another giant Swamp. Hasn't anyone seen the concept art? The place has rolling hills and grasslands, as well as tropical rainforests and craggy mountains.

You want a sneak peak? Go into Ruins of Mazzatun and look at the backdrop. You won't see any swamp there.

You explicitly go to the Black Marsh via that NPC with the cool hair and nose-to-earring by the Stablemaster in that Dark Brotherhood quest.
  • madchuska83
    madchuska83
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We know it will be unplayable for at least a month after release.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sort of an odd place to be named "Black Marsh", then. Right?
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting thought. They split Clockwork City into parts and gave us part of the center section, and a quarter (?) of the "radius" section. Do you think there is any intention on their part to release the rest of Clockwork City?

*shrug* This is pure speculation of course, but given that there is no longer any novelty value in going back and there aren't obvious empty spaces on the main map if they leave it as-is, I would say not, or at least not any time soon. We might get a dungeon there or something if they want to bring another of Sotha Sil's experiments into the plot, but I don't see them adding more to the CWC zone map.

I only suspect it of Murkmire, because:
    • We know they were working on it back when they were doing bigger zones
    • They'll want to fill in the map of Tamriel eventually regardless
    • Splitting an existing map would probably be cheaper in dev time than making two individual maps.

To be fair, most of the lore about the place has been about how impenetrable it is and how no one's really explored more than the outside rim. So if there is a patch of desert right in the middle with a giant mall and half-a-dozen Starbucks inside it, no one bothered to come back and report it.
    Edited by WhiteCoatSyndrome on July 2, 2018 12:51AM
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Sicardus
    Sicardus
    ✭✭✭

Tell that to the Imperials. It's not clear what the Argonians truly call their homeland, other than Argonia or the Kingdom of Argonia (Oblivion time period), but the elves refer to the land as Argonia. It's kind of funny how many ES players used to dismiss that as a hilarious name that was "never" used. Most people just don't pay too much attention to the lore but then think they have it all figured out by what is flashed in front of them. The obvious lore bits are typically delivered from the human point of view as it's more relatable, but Imperial view points are often wrong. Like how people actually thought the towers in Summerset were more glass like due to an "insect wing" description. In short, Summerset wasn't as mystical as exaggerated, but still very pleasant and beautiful, and clearly Murkmire shows that there's much more beauty hidden beneath the Shadowfen surface that most races (as well as ESO players) have been exposed to.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    runagate wrote: »

You explicitly go to the Black Marsh via that NPC with the cool hair and nose-to-earring by the Stablemaster in that Dark Brotherhood quest.
    Yes, I assume it also used Murkmire content because of the houses
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • neverwalk
    neverwalk
    ✭✭✭✭
    game is too broken to add new content