Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

So unbelievably sick of saying "Lfg" and getting zero response

Azurephoenix999
Azurephoenix999
✭✭✭✭✭
Not part of pvp guild (which shouldn't be an explicit requirement to enjoy cyrodiil).

Have to say "lfg" and other variations of such in zone chat to get a group.
Even with full campaign, rarely get a response.

Activity finder never finds a match because barely anybody uses the damn thing.

So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave.

I'm just *** sick of this ***. Please fix it ZOS, make it easier to get into groups for Cyrodiil, PLEASE!
Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • LegacyDM
    LegacyDM
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure what the issue is. In AD Vivec pc NA there are plenty of people spamming zone chat with “type xyz” to join group. Many people run addons that automatically joins you to a group when you type the key phrase. If you can’t find a group and don’t want to join a guild, then my only advise is to learn to solo and or Zerg serf when you see cross hairs. Obviously easiest on a NB but other classes can do it to.
    Legacy of Kain
    Vicious Carnage
    ¥ampire Lord of the South
  • Azurephoenix999
    Azurephoenix999
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LegacyDM wrote: »
    Not sure what the issue is. In AD Vivec pc NA there are plenty of people spamming zone chat with “type xyz” to join group. Many people run addons that automatically joins you to a group when you type the key phrase. If you can’t find a group and don’t want to join a guild, then my only advise is to learn to solo and or Zerg serf when you see cross hairs. Obviously easiest on a NB but other classes can do it to.

Not on pc so can't use addons (THANKS ZOS /S), and every time I try to get to where crosshairs are or try to help attack a keep, by the time I get there all allies are already dead and I get stomped by the fifty enemies still hanging around.

If I was part of a group, I'd have a better idea of where everybody was and how to help, but being constantly behind the curve makes it almost impossible to contribute properly and I hate it.

Why don't they jusy broadcast all alliance member locations to everybody in that alliance? You know, make it as if we're all part of one giant group.
    Guildmaster of Spectral Liberty - Xbox One - European Megaserver
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How is ZOS going to fix it? They can’t force people to group with you, unless they want to completely change how Cyrodiil works and drive away the last vestiges of their dedicated player base. If you can’t find a group, maybe you need to try a different server or faction. Some servers have low-to-non-existent population on certain factions at specific times. Vivec is probably your best bet for finding a group at any time on any faction.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If LFG doesn't work, start your own group. Problem solved.
  • runagate
    runagate
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Start a group. Like the guild you started, but for pvp, as I assume it's a pve guild since you're not in a pvp guild.
    The same principals apply.
  • WarMasterCyp
    WarMasterCyp
    ✭✭✭
    I own the DLC but I don't play PvP, sorry. Mostly due to balancing issues and lag issues.
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If "LFG" doesn't work, have you tried it with something like "DD/Heal/Baiter with group oriented build capable to follow crown looking for a group"? Something that indicates that you're not one of those "I'm only here for caltrops" people that usually make the group weaker?
  • RDMyers65b14_ESO
    RDMyers65b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When my guild's group is not up, I just will follow the zerg or go solo. It is funny that you can get a full raid to kill you when you burst their gate keep. :)

Wanna watch them panic? If you have the AP, buy a bunch of oils and place on the ground before you burst the keep. The game will show the amount of siege, aka 18 oils and 2 ballista as 20/20 siege on the keep.
    Edited by RDMyers65b14_ESO on June 29, 2018 10:28PM
  • Arobain
    Arobain
    ✭✭✭✭
    Blames ZOS for PLAYERS choosing not to invite OP; flawless logic
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People who run pug groups aren't running 24/7 ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Most pvpers either solo, run with friends, or run in guilds. Just follow the zerg and listen to calls in zone chat.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I unno. I either solo or 2vX or 4vX with pals. I’ve gone as high as 6vX but it was made clear over and over what an EXCEPTION all these 1vxers were making to be in a “Zerg” with 6 people in it with constant “Zerg Leader! Zerg Leader! Help NOW! I’m having to LOS around this rock!” to general hysterics.

Most folks EP PC/NA ignore lfg in zone or disparage it. Worse comes to worse, in Vivec, camp THAT bridge below Sej. Someone will happen along eventually.

If the campaign is dead solo resources deep in enemy territory. You can stir up a fight like that. Just don’t take all three or you’ll get zerged down lol.

Oh and SCREW helping out with keeps and stuff. Let them dummies knock down the doors and walls and stuff. KILL as many people as you can. Roll in go left and up and KILL all those nerds sniping you from the wall. Then, when they get the door down, roll in go left and KILL whoever you can while you get your bearings. Rush to the back flag and KILL whatever you can on it, then; rush up stairs and KILL whatever’s left up top.

Let those dummies stand on the flags and repair the walls and doors. The sooner you realize you’re supposed to be KILLING folks and stuff in Cyrodiil the less you will die.

Build for self-sufficient killing. Zergs are for Zerglings hehehehe.
    Edited by JumpmanLane on June 30, 2018 2:12AM
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I unno. I either solo or 2vX or 4vX with pals. I’ve gone as high as 6vX but it was made clear over and over what an EXCEPTION all these 1vxers were making to be in a “Zerg” with 6 people in it with constant “Zerg Leader! Zerg Leader! Help NOW! I’m having to LOS around this rock!” to general hysterics.

Most folks EP PC/NA ignore lfg in zone or disparage it. Worse comes to worse, in Vivec, camp THAT bridge below Sej. Someone will happen along eventually.

If the campaign is dead solo resources deep in enemy territory. You can stir up a fight like that. Just don’t take all three or you’ll get zerged down lol.

Oh and SCREW helping out with keeps and stuff. Let them dummies knock down the doors and walls and stuff. KILL as many people as you can. Roll in go left and up and KILL all those nerds sniping you from the wall. Then, when they get the door down, roll in go left and KILL whoever you can while you get your bearings. Rush to the back flag and KILL whatever you can on it, then; rush up stairs and KILL whatever’s left up top.

Let those dummies stand on the flags and repair the walls and doors. The sooner you realize you’re supposed to be KILLING folks and stuff in Cyrodiil the less you will die.

As someone who drops siege during keep captures/defenses whether I'm with my group or zerg-surfing, here's my view on your advice.

The least I ask of is that if you aren't going to siege down the walls/doors is that you actually be good at killing the enemy.

There's nothing more embarassing than watching folks like you fail at capturing/defending objectives because you neither siege nor actually kill people. Its just sad. If you want to kill instead of siege, fine, but at least be able to kill people.
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You need to revise your thoughts on not joining a PvP guild if you want regular grouping.
  • JumpmanLane
    JumpmanLane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As someone who drops siege during keep captures/defenses whether I'm with my group or zerg-surfing, here's my view on your advice.

The least I ask of is that if you aren't going to siege down the walls/doors is that you actually be good at killing the enemy.

There's nothing more embarassing than watching folks like you fail at capturing/defending objectives because you neither siege nor actually kill people. Its just sad. If you want to kill instead of siege, fine, but at least be able to kill people.

You drop siege, Zerg Leader. Crown yourself Emp to whi’ ya at it. Hehehehe
    Edited by JumpmanLane on June 30, 2018 8:33PM
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    you can thank the guilds that use spies..guilds don’t inv randoms when that *** happens as often as it does

This campaign I’m solo more than in a group as a result of this

Then they cry asking where everyone is..well you refused to inv randos or tell them where you’re going sooo
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not part of pvp guild (which shouldn't be an explicit requirement to enjoy cyrodiil).

Being part of a guild that is active in Cyrodiil is not required to enjoy Cyrodiil.

However, it is the best means for being part of a group in Cyrodiil and really any other organized group.

Begging Zos to "fix" it will not change anything . There is a reason groups do not use the GF tool to fill their groups and that will not change. They do not want to get spies which was common back in the early months of this game.

So that leaves OP with two options. Either deal with the randomness of someone forming an open group or start forming your own.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Play solo! In my 4+ years of playing in cyrodiil i don't think i typed "lfg" in chat once :)
  • Fischblut
    Fischblut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave.

You don't absolutely need to be in group :o I was in groups maybe few times during 2 years, and I never wrote "lfg" myself or responded to "lfm".
    It's especially weird when, for example, my alliance attacks Fort Ash (there are obviously sieges, forward camp, icons of battle) and people in zone say "lfg" or "lfg ash"... Instead of wasting time and typing in chat, they could simply ride there from Nikel and see how they can help :|

Go take resources far away from action.
    Check map for icons of fights, check where your alliance has sieges (even if the objective is not UA yet), check icons of forward camps.
    Go to objective which you think would be logical to attack now. You might be surprised to discover few allies there already in sneak, who also don't play in group and waiting for a good moment and reinforcements.

In worst case, do dailies in towns and bounty quests from Fighters Guild while waiting for some action :smiley:

Some funny screenshots :smiley:

HRQjZTQ.jpg

6emqzMG.jpg

Gfy0n91.jpg
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just start going to flagged keeps, I feel like the problem with Cyro is that people just sit and wait to be in a group instead of riding to a flagged keep or responding to a call for defense. Then your pop says 3 bars but maybe 2 is actually doing anything, perhaps less if you count groups in IC or just derping around.

But if you take the imitative and learn to play on your own and assist wherever you can you’ll get better and you’ll have something to do while you wait to be invited.
  • dtsharples
    dtsharples
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You can actually be more effective for your faction playing solo.
    It means that you don't have to take orders from a leader, and can pretty much roam the map as you like.

I absolutely love playing in a small group with friends, but sometimes I enjoy being solo, esp on my Nightblade.

I will usually port between home keeps to check that none are under attack - and report in zone if I do see anything so as to give an early warning.
    Or ride to enemy keeps and sneak, watching if an army is heading in the direction of one of our keeps - to also give a pre-warning to my faction.

As for grouping, I'd suggest joining a PVP Guild, or encouraging some of those people already in your PVE Guild to join you.
    That or start a LFM Group when you enter Cyrodiil.
    Good 'PUG' leaders are always in short supply, and just like you there will be lost of others who would be very thankful of the invite.
    Edited by dtsharples on July 3, 2018 2:53PM
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    start your own group - #justdoit...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • SHADOW2KK
    SHADOW2KK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Join a PvP guild, problem solved.

If you are gonna pug, then you will get slaughtered, or maybe people in zone do not lika ya OP hehe.
    Once I was a lamb, playing in a green field. Then the wolves came. Now I am an eagle and I fly in a different universe.

Been taking heads since TeS 3 Morrowind..

Been enjoying PvP tears since 2014

LvL 50 - Dragon Knight EP [PC-EU] = Illuvutar = Ex The Wabbajack = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Legendary Blades = Evil Ninja/Dueller = (StamBlade)
    LvL 50 - Sorcerer DC [PC-EU] = Daemon Lord = (Mag Sorc)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Khal-Bladez = (Mag DK)
    LvL 50 - Dragon Knight DC [PC-EU] = Tenakha Khan = (Stam DK)
    LvL 50 - Templar DC [PC-EU]] = Blades The Disgruntled = (Stamplar)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Ghost Blades = (Assassin)
    LvL 50 - Night Blade DC [PC-EU] = Malekith The Shadow = (Mag NB)
    LvL 50 - Warden DC [PC-EU] = Crimson Blades = (Stamden)

Guild Master of The Bringers Of The Storm.
    Harrods

Member Of The Old Guard
    PC Closed Betas 2013

PC Mastah Race

Anook Page anook.com/shadow2kk

Been playing since Beta and Early Access

• Serjustin19
    Serjustin19
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dislike saying lfg. Has to be long words. "Last Fun Game"
    Formerly Serjustin19, Save for Forum Of Course.... Fiery_Darkness (PC NA) currently.
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »
    start your own group - #justdoit...

All the time I see like ten different people posting lfg over and over again and it blows my mind. Why doesn’t one of you just invite the other nine to group?? Viola!!! How is that not obvious? No one wants to start a group but plenty of people are willing to complain when they can’t find one.
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • p00tx
    p00tx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Dude...just invite all of the others who are "LFG" to a group and start your own. It's not everyone's job to be your PvP tourguide. You never know...you might actually be really good at crowning a group and end up helping to win the campaign that way.
    PC/Xbox NA Mindmender|Swashbuckler Supreme|Planes Breaker|Dawnbringer|Godslayer|Immortal Redeemer|Gryphon Heart|Tick-tock Tormentor|Dro-m'Athra Destroyer|Stormproof|Grand Overlord|Grand Mastercrafter|Master Grappler|Tamriel Hero
  • montjie
    montjie
    ✭✭✭
    U ever tried making your own group?
    U ever tried venturing out on your own?
    U ever tried opening your map to see where actual fights are or to make an educated guess on where the next fight probably will be?

"So sick of idling for hours in cyrodiil waiting for an invite. If I don't get an invite, I dunno where the rest of my alliance is and I can't help out with keeps and stuff. I have to either stumble around blindly and get killed over and over or just straight up leave."
    Not to be rude but if you're this helpless without a group, what could you possibly add to a group if you do get one?
    In all honesty I think you're here complaining just cuz you can so meh.

And hey, BG's are in the base game now. Guaranteed groups bro!!!
    - easy farmable saltbucket -
    - retired QQ king of Daggerfall Covenant PC-EU Azura's Star/Sotha Sil/weird dragon name/Ravenwatch zone chat -
  • DontBeDead-Claw
    DontBeDead-Claw
    ✭✭✭
    Most of players don't have the chat window open plus other pop-up turned on in PvP because they add to the lag
  • Thlepse
    Thlepse
    ✭✭✭
    EDIT: montjie already wrote what i was going to say
    Edited by Thlepse on July 5, 2018 9:42AM
  • commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Then say LFM and do it all yourself. Everyone wants to be carried, but no one wants to lead. So here we go
    Rawr
  • Coggo
    Coggo
    ✭✭✭
    I do have empathy for you OP. Cyro is
    great fun in 2 to 3 man warbands as it is in big coordinated guild play. I remember those early days of always feeling on the outside looking in. Thing is empathy needs to cut both ways. Running crown for PUG groups is one of the least rewarding, gruelling and stressful roles in the game! From backseat drivers to randoms never keeping on Crown to LFGers simply being rude or undermining your every call = it's a dirty job and sometimes no one wants to do it.