Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any ETA on the PvP fix ? (Edit : update from Gina in thread)

HighKinlady
HighKinlady
✭✭✭✭
I’ve spent more time in the last twenty minutes trying to get through the opening load screens than playing . Everytime I get in , less than a minute or two goes by and I’m back to the froze screen . Is there a response from ZOS on this somewhere?
Edited by HighKinlady on June 25, 2018 10:12PM
XB NA
High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ummm, no. But they finally got around to taking a peek at the console live servers at the end of last week. Maybe next month?
  • Ocelot9x
    Ocelot9x
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's a joke. Ps4 EU is unplayable. 2 hours in PvP 6 hard freezes. GET YOUR S***T TOGETHER ZOS
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I’ve spent more time in the last twenty minutes trying to get through the opening load screens than playing . Everytime I get in , less than a minute or two goes by and I’m back to the froze screen . Is there a response from ZOS on this somewhere?

never as their not even looking into any of the bugs at all. they just overlook every post we post instead of actually coming in to let us know anything. their about #notransparency
  • JaZ2091
    JaZ2091
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

...well we might have found out during the next ESO Live, but Gina closed the thread and ran away......lol
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.

Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you!!!!
  • dotme
    dotme
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a response from ZOS on this somewhere?
    Besides Gina's post above, there was a lengthy post late Friday here:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5250300#Comment_5250300

Worth a read. It explains what they're seeing. An ETA on that would be "when we get it fixed" which is the only answer they could honestly give. I was just pleased to read an in-depth explanation from someone at ZOS. It was informative, to the point, and honest.

PS4NA
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Thanks!
  • Stovahkiin
    Stovahkiin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

giphy.gif
    Beware the battle cattle, but don't *fear* the battle cattle!
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for just consoles? or is this for everyone?
    including PC?
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you!!
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bet 100 dollars and 1 mill gold it either furthers the problem or doesn’t fix it at all. Also when are we getting that console performance update that got taken down or are we supposed to forget it.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not to mince words @ZOS_GinaBruno but we dont need "a little better". We need a legitimate fix. I get not wanting to bring the server down if you dont have to, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would rather lose a day of gameplay for a real fix over a bandaid.

I guess I just mean "please dont hobble together a sorta fix" especially considering how terrible the mood is here
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have 0 confidence that these test results to amount anykind of an fix thos issue. Sounds very vague to say at least....
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Miswar wrote: »
    I have 0 confidence that these test results to amount anykind of an fix thos issue. Sounds very vague to say at least....

Also this is so accurate. You NEED to rebuild goodwill. @ZOS_AlexTardif posted a few days ago with some details on what they think it might be.

Maybe elaborate a bit on some of these solutions you're gonna try so we can give you some accurate feedback when they get implimented?
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Not to mention this story occurs every big patch and same response each time.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭

First thing I notice, Stall tactic 101 "later this week" and secondly "potentially make PvP performance a little better" doesn't fill me with confidence that this will actually fix the PvP issues we are having.
  • Miswar
    Miswar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »

Also this is so accurate. You NEED to rebuild goodwill. @ZOS_AlexTardif posted a few days ago with some details on what they think it might be.

Maybe elaborate a bit on some of these solutions you're gonna try so we can give you some accurate feedback when they get implimented?

Yes. I read that response and if you digest what was said than = They did not and do not have an clue what was causing this nor how to fix it.

Thus my goodwill has gone down the toilet and lets be honest not like we who do PvP have not seen "little better.." manras before.

I do however appreciate that Alex response that is the kind of communication that should be done... unfortunatelt don't have confidence that this will ibe sorted anytime soon....
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Would that solve the freezes that require people to close the game?

That’s the single most annoying thing that all console players are facing right now in pvp and it really has dented the population and put a lot of people off playing the game.
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »

Would that solve the freezes that require people to close the game?

That’s the single most annoying thing that all console players are facing right now in pvp and it really has dented the population and put a lot of people off playing the game.

they did it on pc and it worked fairly well. so
  • grim_tactics
    grim_tactics
    ✭✭✭✭✭

For the love of god just take the servers down and fix it.

Tired of just putting a bandaid on a bullethole wound

I appreciate a response but console needs to be overhauled.
  • ReverseVenom
    ReverseVenom
    ✭✭✭

between the regular garbage performance and these freeze screens "potentially make PvP performance a little better" is less assuring and more like a backhanded slap to the face, you're either admitting that you don't know what the problem is or you guys are unwilling to fix it. Take the damn servers down for a week if you have to just give us a functioning cyrodiil for *** sake
    Nerf mudcrabs
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"A little better" lol hopefully this "fix' doesn't break it more. I would love to see the game go down for a day if that's what it takes to get a real fix
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

including PC?
    Is Pc freezing so much you need to completely quit the game and restart it?
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes!!! Take the servers down for a week if u have to!
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

including PC?
    Is Pc freezing so much you need to completely quit the game and restart it?

Well lets just say I am lurking on the forums ATM because I have crashed 4 times in the last 20 minutes on PC/NA. At one point the whole server rebooted.
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, this doesn’t cut it for me. There have been countless vague stall tactic comments before by ZOS and this smells like another. “A little better” is unacceptable. The game is broken. Do what it takes to fix it, not patch it.
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭

When i read this i sorta miss read the "tried of just putting a bandaid on a bullethole"... Misread bullethole with "llet" replaced with "tt"

:D:D:D