Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Any ETA on the PvP fix ? (Edit : update from Gina in thread)

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quick update: One of the potential solutions mentioned yesterday is still in testing, and likely won't be rolled out until tomorrow. The other fixes are still on track to be added to an upcoming incremental, which is still being scheduled. We'll post up a more detailed explanation about all this (as a new, stickied thread) either this afternoon or tomorrow.
    Thank you! We will be waiting for news from you. I froze this morning at least 3 or 4 times in Vivec. Xbox One X NA.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    frustration-gif-5.gif

giphy.gif
    Edited by geonsocal on June 27, 2018 7:27PM
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Quick update: One of the potential solutions mentioned yesterday is still in testing, and likely won't be rolled out until tomorrow. The other fixes are still on track to be added to an upcoming incremental, which is still being scheduled. We'll post up a more detailed explanation about all this (as a new, stickied thread) either this afternoon or tomorrow.

THANK YOU, this simple action makes thing so much easier for you guys and us
  • swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodil is more broken that its ever been...
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    swirve wrote: »
    Cyrodil is more broken that its ever been...

ZoS: "Hold my beer"
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    Only advise i can give you console guys is to expect this performance as par for the course, Worse case scenario its not fixed until the next major update. but realistically its ZoS...

This pretty much. performance has been absolute booty for me since I have started playing this game. It has never been worse than it currently is except for those 3 and a half weeks we had infinite loadscreens after the clockwork city update.

Some of us are still having infinite load screen issues. Using wayshrines, opening doors, swapping characters, and teleporting anywhere are now things to be avoided if there are other ways around them.

That being said, to me...

Cyrodil is the place all bugs go to breed. Its like they all get together and form ULTRABUG!

Edited by Aesthier on June 27, 2018 8:04PM
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »
    Only advise i can give you console guys is to expect this performance as par for the course, Worse case scenario its not fixed until the next major update. but realistically its ZoS...

This pretty much. performance has been absolute booty for me since I have started playing this game. It has never been worse than it currently is except for those 3 and a half weeks we had infinite loadscreens after the clockwork city update.

Some of us are still having infinite load screen issues. Using wayshrines, opening doors, swapping characters, and teleporting anywhere are now things to be avoided if there are other ways around them.

Cyrodil is the place all bugs go to breed. Its like they all get together and form ULTRABUG!

Are your load screens happening on console? If so, I go to manage game and then delete saved data. I also go to network settings and then advanced and then clear my alternate Mac addesss. That helps me a ton with the load screen problems.

• swirve
    swirve
    ✭✭✭✭
    I dont think they are capable of fixing Cyrodil its beyond their abilities.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It is 5pm in Baltimore. I guess we will have to wait for an explanation until tomorrow.

• Jailbirdy
    Jailbirdy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

It is 5pm in Baltimore. I guess we will have to wait for an explanation until tomorrow.

Perhaps they need more time to think of one?
    Disclaimer: The statements and information from this account are for entertainment & informational purposes only. Any interpretation, implied or otherwise does not constitute negligence on any part of this forum posting.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

That’s what it seems to be. Smokescreen to delay telling us that it’s going to be another month without good PvP.

I don’t think they realize they are killing their game. Word of mouth is the best advertising, and it won’t get good word of mouth from all of us when we quit entirely because they won’t fix.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    Jailbirdy wrote: »

That’s what it seems to be. Smokescreen to delay telling us that it’s going to be another month without good PvP.

I don’t think they realize they are killing their game. Word of mouth is the best advertising, and it won’t get good word of mouth from all of us when we quit entirely because they won’t fix.

I think they realize they are killing their game but there is nothing they can do about it because the developers and marketing team are told what to do by the executives who only want more and more money.

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.

Bolded the important part. It's never anything significant on pc let alone consoles.

Can you guys just get better servers? Something upgraded from what you have? I know theres a TON of whales dropping 200-500 dollars on crown crates and stuff....we know you peeps can afford it.......
    Edited by OGLezard on June 28, 2018 3:23AM
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭

Thank you for the update
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• Tiara_Ra
    Tiara_Ra
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you for info. PvP is broken long time, with lags, long loadscreens, crash every few min, with invisable walls and etc - no fun for play as organizated group, just unplayable.

PC EU, ESO player since beta & early accessCo-GM PvP guild "Lagacy"
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so, best guesses to date???

my favorite - it's the new scoring system in cyrodiil that's freezing us up on consoles...

second fave - blame it on time stop...

any guesses anyone?
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    illusiouk wrote: »
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.

First thing I notice, Stall tactic 101 "later this week" and secondly "potentially make PvP performance a little better" doesn't fill me with confidence that this will actually fix the PvP issues we are having.

To be completely honest, it might not fix it. But it's something we'd at least like to try, especially since it doesn't require any downtime or patch to go through first party certification first. "Later this week" is accurate since we're still in testing and don't know which day we'll be doing this yet. We do have some actual fixes that we're working on getting out to everyone as soon as possible, but again, we need to go through the proper process which takes time for console.

We'll have more information about all this in the next day or two. We know everyone's frustrated and just want things to work - we do too! - and we're working as hard and quickly as we can to get performance in a better place.

Thank you very much for this update ZOS_GinaBruno I may not play PvP but its good to know things are getting fixed, i kinda hope this fixes the pve servers as well by proxy as many of us are also getting issues there similar to pvpers..

Again thank you.
    Edited by DanteYoda on June 28, 2018 5:13AM
  • thegreat_one
    thegreat_one
    ✭✭✭✭
    If it ain't broke, we ain't trying hard enough.
  • Lyss1991
    Lyss1991
    ✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

my favorite - it's the new scoring system in cyrodiil that's freezing us up on consoles...

any guesses anyone?

My guess is its rendering issues. They changed the way things render when you load into areas, I feel like this is the biggest issue. They tried to make similar changes before and it backfired..I wanna say this is what caused the infinite CWC load screens if im not mistaken.

PS4 NA EST June 2016 | GM of Tamriel’s Outkasts Social Guild | Main - Assylah - Max CP Breton Mag Sorc - Master Angler - Mageslayer - Shehai Shatterer - Ophidian Overlord | Best Thief in Tamriel - Khajiit NB Purrfecta Meowna | Aspiring Master Crafter | Achievement Hunter | Recipe/Blueprint Enthusiast | Costume Junkie | Primary Residence - Princely Dawnlight Palace
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aesthier wrote: »

Are your load screens happening on console? If so, I go to manage game and then delete saved data. I also go to network settings and then advanced and then clear my alternate Mac addesss. That helps me a ton with the load screen problems.

Nope on PC NA.

And yes I have already tried all their "fixes" along with several others people have suggested to no avail.

My buddy gets disconnected more frequently than I do with his new computer but we share about the same amount of extended loading screens. He too has gone through all the troubleshooting methods to no avail.

He is so frustrated with it that it has become a daily routine now to talk him off the fence from quitting, however, it is getting harder to justify when we both "PAY" to play ESO and not LOADING simulator 5.0.

Seriously though what's the point of paying for a product that is intermittently working?
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

any guesses anyone?

They're going to put a new item in the Crown Store: Playable PvP - 1 million crowns
  • MakoFore
    MakoFore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    they should be made to play this game against a premade sloads team until they fix it. .. its only fair they "enjoy" this thing they have created...
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭

That is awesome, thank you!

Hopefully next time something like this happens, you'll take the same approach.