The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any ETA on the PvP fix ? (Edit : update from Gina in thread)

• Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.

for just consoles? or is this for everyone?
    including PC?
    Is Pc freezing so much you need to completely quit the game and restart it?

Well lets just say I am lurking on the forums ATM because I have crashed 4 times in the last 20 minutes on PC/NA. At one point the whole server rebooted.
    That is a different issue than the one we are experiencing on console.
  • Knootewoot
    Knootewoot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.

I have to wait and see if it actually fixes something... or breaks more.
    ٩(͡๏̯͡๏)۶
    "I am a nightblade. Blending the disciplines of the stealthy agent and subtle wizard, I move unseen and undetected, foil locks and traps, and teleport to safety when threatened, or strike like a viper from ambush. The College of Illusion hides me and fuddles or pacifies my opponents. The College of Mysticism detects my object, reflects and dispels enemy spells, and makes good my escape. The key to a nightblade's success is avoidance, by spell or by stealth; with these skills, all things are possible."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Will scroll griefers be addressed? Or faction loyalty campaigns?
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im with the guys about taking the game down for a week. Please fix this its game breaking I'll find something else to do it's okay.
    Edited by FloppyTouch on June 26, 2018 9:37AM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I think we need to get the constant blue screens and freezing fixed first so it's playable :)
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bump to stay on main page, since ZOS refuses to make a sticky.
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Will those work for PvE server issues as well?
  • Bhaal5
    Bhaal5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How can people keep paying for this type of service (eso+), its encouraging zeni to release content this broken? Every patch something breaks, every patch the break gets worse and the 'fix' takes longer
  • amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

WAIT WHAT? Did u actually replied to a pvp thread and not some "We have decided to close..."
    Whats going on? another lie? What about PC servers?
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• amir412
    amir412
    ✭✭✭✭✭

for just consoles? or is this for everyone?
    including PC?

Poof, she's gone
    PC | EU | AD |Stam Dk named "-Saidden"| 1700 CP|
    "..A world without fire. Ashen one, is this truly thy wish?.."

• xxthir13enxx
    xxthir13enxx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My recommendation is same as theirs for Add-ons possibly causing issues...

-REMOVE everything added with Summerset
    -Start reapplying one by one to be sure which is the issue
    -Fix the issue

Hell use cyrodill as your test server...most would be happy enough to just see no Sloads...lol
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    illusiouk wrote: »

First thing I notice, Stall tactic 101 "later this week" and secondly "potentially make PvP performance a little better" doesn't fill me with confidence that this will actually fix the PvP issues we are having.

To be completely honest, it might not fix it. But it's something we'd at least like to try, especially since it doesn't require any downtime or patch to go through first party certification first. "Later this week" is accurate since we're still in testing and don't know which day we'll be doing this yet. We do have some actual fixes that we're working on getting out to everyone as soon as possible, but again, we need to go through the proper process which takes time for console.

We'll have more information about all this in the next day or two. We know everyone's frustrated and just want things to work - we do too! - and we're working as hard and quickly as we can to get performance in a better place.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Graydon
    Graydon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you please post this in the PVP forum?

Thanks.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭

First thing I notice, Stall tactic 101 "later this week" and secondly "potentially make PvP performance a little better" doesn't fill me with confidence that this will actually fix the PvP issues we are having.

To be completely honest, it might not fix it. But it's something we'd at least like to try, especially since it doesn't require any downtime or patch to go through first party certification first. "Later this week" is accurate since we're still in testing and don't know which day we'll be doing this yet. We do have some actual fixes that we're working on getting out to everyone as soon as possible, but again, we need to go through the proper process which takes time for console.

We'll have more information about all this in the next day or two. We know everyone's frustrated and just want things to work - we do too! - and we're working as hard and quickly as we can to get performance in a better place.

Thank you! I wish PC people would stop commenting on this thread about their issues because this thread pertains to console freezes in cyrodiil. Once we freeze, we have to force quit the game and relog. Last night, I cleared my elder scrolls saved data and cleared my alternate MAC address. After I did that, I did not freeze for an hour. Then, I froze 3 times in a row and got frustrated so logged off.

• Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno , thank you for the update, but why do we have to read through various complaint threads to find this information in a response? Isn't there some central location where these announcements could be made pro-actively so that casual users can easily find this information?

It may even help prevent a few of these threads from being started if we know ZOS is aware and working on the issue.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I think we need to get the constant blue screens and freezing fixed first so it's playable :)

Clearly, but might as well bring other issues up to the devs as well while they are there
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Rip when you realize this game has been out for 3+ years on console.

This is the kind of thing you'd read from a studio about a game in beta or something in its first few months of release. Console performance has been horrible even before you introduced all these new issues. We've been through this song and dance so many times. Who remembers the CWC infinite loadscreens? Why does every major update introduce game crippling issues to my console? What is the reason for that?

Edit: i must praise them for the better communication. Even if it is not what i want to hear. So thank you for for that.
    Edited by Apache_Kid on June 26, 2018 3:31PM
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    If only we would have brought this up in the forums on June 5th.... oh wait.....
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

Who actually believes this is going to fix anything? Kinda sad Zo$ is still trying to figure out the problem.

I do thank you for keeping us informed, but "might not fix it" is not a good response. How about figure it out and if it means taking down the server, do it. I'm pretty sure Zo$ is starting to notice console subs are dropping fast. I know 50 plus that canaceled their sub. It is going to get worse every day this continues.

the fact of the matter is they have to go through microsoft and sony first compared to pc where they can roll out stuff whenever they please. the only time they dont have to clear something with them is if its an emergency which even then they still have to clear with sony and microsoft. pc doesnt have that issue thus why our stuff is fixed for the most part with the freezing. now all the rest of the stuff on pc yea that needs fixed cause thats coming for you console guys next and its a bit worse than what you got now trust me.

Thanks haha. I've been playing since 2014 and realize how this works.
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    Bet 100 dollars and 1 mill gold it either furthers the problem or doesn’t fix it at all. Also when are we getting that console performance update that got taken down or are we supposed to forget it.

You're going to bea rich man. All just bs, i don't believe gina for a second. She's just damage control. The fact thay they never implemented october's patch means they are clueless. #howdotheyhavejobs #theyllonlyfixifyoustoppaying
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sygil05 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno , thank you for the update, but why do we have to read through various complaint threads to find this information in a response? Isn't there some central location where these announcements could be made pro-actively so that casual users can easily find this information?

It may even help prevent a few of these threads from being started if we know ZOS is aware and working on the issue.

That makes too much sense. It could be it's own forum where devs post news that doesnt get buried. It could look something like this:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/official-news

Idk why you guys insist on making a random huge thread the official source for company statements. If you're gonna do that, at least sticky it so you dont get new threads popping up. Believe it or not, playing treasure hunt for green text isnt a fun game
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's something, and it's something quick. Granted, it's only quick in the sense that it's soon after they manage to respond to reports that have been happening since June 5th, but I digress, I'll remain hopeful that PvP will be playable if not perfect.

They've had some surprisingly effective quick fixes in the past, so it's not outside the realm of possibility. Still, even with a band-aid, I don't see the added server stress of Midyear going too well.
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager

Yes, you can visit the Dev Tracker to see these types of posts easily.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭

Who actually believes this is going to fix anything? Kinda sad Zo$ is still trying to figure out the problem.

I do thank you for keeping us informed, but "might not fix it" is not a good response. How about figure it out and if it means taking down the server, do it. I'm pretty sure Zo$ is starting to notice console subs are dropping fast. I know 50 plus that canaceled their sub. It is going to get worse every day this continues.

" I know 50 plus that canaceled their sub. "

Lmao
  • Recon4thCav
    Recon4thCav
    ✭✭✭
    If they would allow me to port my account back to PC, I would in a heartbeat. I was stupid switching to ps4 in 2015, but I enjoy playing with my console friends. But more and more are leaving the game because after every update they break the game. I'm just frustrated with their same excuses everytime. I just want the game to work.
  • DrSweetazz
    DrSweetazz
    ✭✭✭✭

Where is that button on the mobile platform that 50-60% of people use?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Any chance of making the dev tracker appear on the mobile interface?
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »

That'll be in the next chapter of the mobile platform; ESO Forums: DevTracker
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »
    DrSweetazz wrote: »

That'll be in the next chapter of the mobile platform; ESO Forums: DevTracker

It'll be in the crown store soon
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DuskMarine wrote: »

the fact of the matter is they have to go through microsoft and sony first compared to pc where they can roll out stuff whenever they please. the only time they dont have to clear something with them is if its an emergency which even then they still have to clear with sony and microsoft. pc doesnt have that issue thus why our stuff is fixed for the most part with the freezing. now all the rest of the stuff on pc yea that needs fixed cause thats coming for you console guys next and its a bit worse than what you got now trust me.

This is a large misconception that has been fed to you by Zos. If this was the case the majority of games like fortnite which has updates simultaneously on all platforms wouldn’t exist. I have never played game until this one where console has to wait two weeks after pc to get a update. In fact updates can be implemented within days between each other, it’s just on Zos on how much they want to pay.
    Edited by zParallaxz on June 26, 2018 3:37PM