The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Any ETA on the PvP fix ? (Edit : update from Gina in thread)

• DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    zParallaxz wrote: »
    DuskMarine wrote: »
    illusiouk wrote: »
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.

First thing I notice, Stall tactic 101 "later this week" and secondly "potentially make PvP performance a little better" doesn't fill me with confidence that this will actually fix the PvP issues we are having.

To be completely honest, it might not fix it. But it's something we'd at least like to try, especially since it doesn't require any downtime or patch to go through first party certification first. "Later this week" is accurate since we're still in testing and don't know which day we'll be doing this yet. We do have some actual fixes that we're working on getting out to everyone as soon as possible, but again, we need to go through the proper process which takes time for console.

We'll have more information about all this in the next day or two. We know everyone's frustrated and just want things to work - we do too! - and we're working as hard and quickly as we can to get performance in a better place.
    We'll have some news for you later this week; we're currently testing some solutions that could potentially make PvP performance a little better, and without needing to bring consoles offline for a patch.

First thing I notice, Stall tactic 101 "later this week" and secondly "potentially make PvP performance a little better" doesn't fill me with confidence that this will actually fix the PvP issues we are having.

To be completely honest, it might not fix it. But it's something we'd at least like to try, especially since it doesn't require any downtime or patch to go through first party certification first. "Later this week" is accurate since we're still in testing and don't know which day we'll be doing this yet. We do have some actual fixes that we're working on getting out to everyone as soon as possible, but again, we need to go through the proper process which takes time for console.

We'll have more information about all this in the next day or two. We know everyone's frustrated and just want things to work - we do too! - and we're working as hard and quickly as we can to get performance in a better place.

Who actually believes this is going to fix anything? Kinda sad Zo$ is still trying to figure out the problem.

I do thank you for keeping us informed, but "might not fix it" is not a good response. How about figure it out and if it means taking down the server, do it. I'm pretty sure Zo$ is starting to notice console subs are dropping fast. I know 50 plus that canaceled their sub. It is going to get worse every day this continues.

the fact of the matter is they have to go through microsoft and sony first compared to pc where they can roll out stuff whenever they please. the only time they dont have to clear something with them is if its an emergency which even then they still have to clear with sony and microsoft. pc doesnt have that issue thus why our stuff is fixed for the most part with the freezing. now all the rest of the stuff on pc yea that needs fixed cause thats coming for you console guys next and its a bit worse than what you got now trust me.

This is a large misconception that has been fed to you by Zos. If this was the case the majority of games like fortnite which has updates simultaneously on all platforms wouldn’t exist. I have never played game until this one where console has to wait two weeks after pc to get a update. In fact updates can be implemented within days between each other, it’s just on Zos on how much they want to pay.

actually your 100% wrong i am an avid sony player and have been playing since i was a child. and yes they do have to clear it with the console company as i even got told one time in a chat between me and a support team on call of duty advanced warfare. they were not given the green light on the update by sony thus they couldnt implement it. so yes you have to get sony to confirm it as theyve signed a contract to allow them to put it on their servers meaning they have to allow and sift through patches. so yea that is exactly why and contracts like epic games(where sony practically holds the account hostage) they have direct access to those notes and thus confirm them much faster due to contract. so yes game developers do have to jump through hoops as well to get patches out.
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

Thank you! I wish PC people would stop commenting on this thread about their issues because this thread pertains to console freezes in cyrodiil. Once we freeze, we have to force quit the game and relog. Last night, I cleared my elder scrolls saved data and cleared my alternate MAC address. After I did that, I did not freeze for an hour. Then, I froze 3 times in a row and got frustrated so logged off.

Bud, nobody on PC is trying to steel your thunder. You literally asked a question if PC was experiencing issues. Was that simply rhetorical? I know console has it much worse than PC in PVP and in Trials in terms of performance. That said, last night I was literally on the forums looking to see if a crash thread had started when I stumbled upon this. We had a server reboot, and on 3 separate occasions I had everyone freeze in place on me followed by a DC. It is a known fact that console is broken. Believe me, we have sympathy. Point is that I don't think PC is too far off, especially in prime time, and I also have a gut feeling that there might be overlapping problems. But please, ask questions of PC players than rage when they comment on a "console" thread. To the rest of the console population, my sympathies.
    Edited by Oreyn_Bearclaw on June 26, 2018 4:06PM
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Who actually believes this is going to fix anything? Kinda sad Zo$ is still trying to figure out the problem.

I do thank you for keeping us informed, but "might not fix it" is not a good response. How about figure it out and if it means taking down the server, do it. I'm pretty sure Zo$ is starting to notice console subs are dropping fast. I know 50 plus that canaceled their sub. It is going to get worse every day this continues.

the fact of the matter is they have to go through microsoft and sony first compared to pc where they can roll out stuff whenever they please. the only time they dont have to clear something with them is if its an emergency which even then they still have to clear with sony and microsoft. pc doesnt have that issue thus why our stuff is fixed for the most part with the freezing. now all the rest of the stuff on pc yea that needs fixed cause thats coming for you console guys next and its a bit worse than what you got now trust me.

This is a large misconception that has been fed to you by Zos. If this was the case the majority of games like fortnite which has updates simultaneously on all platforms wouldn’t exist. I have never played game until this one where console has to wait two weeks after pc to get a update. In fact updates can be implemented within days between each other, it’s just on Zos on how much they want to pay.

actually your 100% wrong i am an avid sony player and have been playing since i was a child. and yes they do have to clear it with the console company as i even got told one time in a chat between me and a support team on call of duty advanced warfare. they were not given the green light on the update by sony thus they couldnt implement it. so yes you have to get sony to confirm it as theyve signed a contract to allow them to put it on their servers meaning they have to allow and sift through patches. so yea that is exactly why and contracts like epic games(where sony practically holds the account hostage) they have direct access to those notes and thus confirm them much faster due to contract. so yes game developers do have to jump through hoops as well to get patches out.

I never said they don’t have to clear it with Microsoft or Sony. I said it doesn’t take two weeks, that’s the lie that was fed by Zos. Verification process can be done and and updates can be implemented all within the same week. It just depends on how much the developers spend or what time they send the updates out.
  • zParallaxz
    zParallaxz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also if your so right name another popular game when console has to wait two weeks to get an update after pc lol.
  • Cenom
    Cenom
    ✭✭✭

Well, I've never seen a balance update in ESO in need of more weeks to be deployed across all platforms.
    I always though aside from Chapter or DLC releases we always got the update in the same day. o.O
  • DuskMarine
    DuskMarine
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I never said they don’t have to clear it with Microsoft or Sony. I said it doesn’t take two weeks, that’s the lie that was fed by Zos. Verification process can be done and and updates can be implemented all within the same week. It just depends on how much the developers spend or what time they send the updates out.

i wouldnt bet on that. it took sony one time for a game to get updated nearly a month cause it didnt fit their requirements. so it falls back on the consoles company as well as zenimax
  • Dolgubon
    Dolgubon
    ✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    Sygil05 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno , thank you for the update, but why do we have to read through various complaint threads to find this information in a response? Isn't there some central location where these announcements could be made pro-actively so that casual users can easily find this information?

It may even help prevent a few of these threads from being started if we know ZOS is aware and working on the issue.

Yes, you can visit the Dev Tracker to see these types of posts easily.

Where is that button on the mobile platform that 50-60% of people use?

I'd suggest googling it for the first time, then bookmarking it. I don't think there's an actual link on the mobile interface for it.
    Relthion: CP810 DK Tank - vMOL HM, vHOF HM, vAS HM, vCR +2
    Malorson: CP810 Mag Sorc - vMOL HM, vHOF, vAS HM

Addons:
    Dolgubon's Lazy Writ Crafter
    Dolgubon's Lazy Set Crafter
  • mdylan2013
    mdylan2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Surely this is something that ZOS could take advantage of?

http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/15/same-day-patch-certification/
    PS4/EU
    CP-1300+
    PSN - LookoutLuke
    15 Max level toons
    PVE/PVP
  • w1ck3dl0vely
    w1ck3dl0vely
    ✭✭
    To be completely honest, it might not fix it.

While I'm glad they're actually working on addressing the console issues, it is a little disheartening that for what must be a very complex issue the solution is 'throw a dart at the board and see if it sticks'. Fingers-crossed 'cause I'm an optimist.

Edited by w1ck3dl0vely on June 26, 2018 4:56PM
  • NinchiTV
    NinchiTV
    ✭✭✭✭✭

she's just being realist. There will always be DC's and frame issues, ive come to terms with that.
  • HighKinlady
    HighKinlady
    ✭✭✭✭
    It has been super frustrating . However , I am glad we got a response on it .
    XB NA
    High Kinlady

PC : Kinlady

• valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mdylan2013 wrote: »

ZOS keeps insisting that's not a real thing from Sony and blames them for making everything take two weeks. Congratulations on doing more thorough research than ZOS! It's easier for them to blame someone else (have you checked your connection) and then bury the threads and hope it goes away.
  • Sygil05
    Sygil05
    ✭✭✭
    Sygil05 wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno , thank you for the update, but why do we have to read through various complaint threads to find this information in a response? Isn't there some central location where these announcements could be made pro-actively so that casual users can easily find this information?

It may even help prevent a few of these threads from being started if we know ZOS is aware and working on the issue.

Yes, you can visit the Dev Tracker to see these types of posts easily.

@ZOS_GinaBruno , thank you for the link, I wasn't aware of that, and it helps somewhat, but it still isn't the solution I was describing at all and it's still a seek-and-find in all of the threads you respond to. The link you sent me to has a list of what appears to be all posts by various forum moderators, and is not a central location for providing an announcement on a particular issue that affects a not-insignificant portion of the player base across multiple platforms.

It still doesn't address the fact that official announcements to game-impacting issues are only buried in responses, and that they only come about through general uproar of the playerbase well after the fact.

This is the exact same tactic that was tried last year when PVP was virtually unplayable for over a month. The first few weeks, ZOS tried to ignore making any reference to it, resulting in numerous threads on a topic everyone (including ZOS) was well aware of, and then we finally got an official response.

This is just terrible customer service, and it's obvious nothing was learned from the previous mistakes.

I get it - you have to present this game in a positive light, but if I were a prospective player taking a look at the forums, I'd feel a lot better about the game if there was an official post regarding an issue rather than dozens of rant threads about the same problem with numerous replies from other players with the same issue. The same holds true if I were a brand new player who just bought Summerset and experienced one of the various issues that were related to its release.

Learn from your mistakes - be proactive in addressing known issues and your job would probably be a lot easier. At the very least, your response about looking into this issue should have been it's own sticky thread at the top of this folder to show that the company is acknowledging an issue and working towards a solution.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    valeriiya wrote: »

ZOS keeps insisting that's not a real thing from Sony and blames them for making everything take two weeks. Congratulations on doing more thorough research than ZOS! It's easier for them to blame someone else (have you checked your connection) and then bury the threads and hope it goes away.

They might be a money cost involved. Think of paying extra for next day shipping versus free 5-10 day shipping. Is it worth the extra $20+ dollars when it's only 5-10 days?

I think we can be patient on any fixes, especially since BGs are largely uneffected by these performance issues.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Sandman929
    Sandman929
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

They might be a money cost involved. Think of paying extra for next day shipping versus free 5-10 day shipping. Is it worth the extra $20+ dollars when it's only 5-10 days?

I think we can be patient on any fixes, especially since BGs are largely uneffected by these performance issues.

Actually I've heard BGs are effected on console as well. Anyone know for sure? I don't like PvP with powerups.
    Edited by Sandman929 on June 26, 2018 7:22PM
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Patient? Group finder has been messed up since DB. We're past that.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sandman929 wrote: »

Actually I've heard BGs are effected on console as well. Anyone know for sure? I don't like PvP with powerups.

They shouldn't be, PC had similar load times and performance issues that were solved with a patch a week or two later. I'd imagine they added that bug to a list of things to get right for console.

Though I've tried playing ESO on my PS4 before Summerset and idk how you all play it; Skyrim looks/preforms better on PS4 lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BG group finder I assume?

Either way, losing a few 15$ per month subs or non paying PvP is probably not worth the price for expediting emergency patch (assuming there is).

Or emergency patch release isn't something the consoles are giving zenimax.

Either way, just play fallout, Skyrim, a few other games till it blows over. You'll feel better when it's fixed, because you'll be more excited to play ESO due to the time off.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • valeriiya
    valeriiya
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BG group finder I assume?

Either way, losing a few 15$ per month subs or non paying PvP is probably not worth the price for expediting emergency patch (assuming there is).

Or emergency patch release isn't something the consoles are giving zenimax.

Either way, just play fallout, Skyrim, a few other games till it blows over. You'll feel better when it's fixed, because you'll be more excited to play ESO due to the time off.

DB is not BG but good try I guess? Dark Brotherhood.
    Emergency patch release is an option that ZOS lies about and says it doesn't exist, but it does and other games use it just fine. http://www.playstationlifestyle.net/2018/05/15/same-day-patch-certification/
    I appreciate your attempt at being a white knight though, thank you.
  • illusiouk
    illusiouk
    ✭✭✭

Thanks for the honest reply.

Maybe these issues could have been better dealt with if console had a test server. Closed Cyrodiil on the EU and NA servers and asked the ESO player community to help on the test server. That way all parties are aware of what stage fixes are working or not on the console.
  • FireCowCommando
    FireCowCommando
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Only advise i can give you console guys is to expect this performance as par for the course, Worse case scenario its not fixed until the next major update. but realistically its ZoS...
  • oXI_Viper_IXo
    oXI_Viper_IXo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Only advise i can give you console guys is to expect this performance as par for the course, Worse case scenario its not fixed until the next major update. but realistically its ZoS...

It's pretty sad that updates have become something to dread, worrying about what they will break next rather than looking forward them.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It's pretty sad that updates have become something to dread, worrying about what they will break next rather than looking forward them.

yeah i've expressed this exact sentiment before. This is the one game i play where i actually dread new content. DLC and updates are supposed to bring new and exciting things but the developers simply cannot be trusted to update their game without bringing major, game-breaking bugs to our consoles. They literally load up a defective product and say "oh well we will fix it later" except later never comes.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This pretty much. performance has been absolute booty for me since I have started playing this game. It has never been worse than it currently is except for those 3 and a half weeks we had infinite loadscreens after the clockwork city update.
  • RedGirl41
    RedGirl41
    ✭✭✭✭
    DrSweetazz wrote: »
    Not to mince words @ZOS_GinaBruno but we dont need "a little better". We need a legitimate fix. I get not wanting to bring the server down if you dont have to, but I'm sure I'm not the only one who would rather lose a day of gameplay for a real fix over a bandaid.

I guess I just mean "please dont hobble together a sorta fix" especially considering how terrible the mood is here

This^^^ This x10000000

Its not that big of a deal to take down the servers and just do a real fix. just fix it. The game have been building on bugs on top of bugs for years now. Just repair. these bandaids wont keep stacking forever. Please just do the right thing. stop worrying about crown sales for 5 seconds and realize "wow everyone is really pissed. They love this game and spend $100s of dollars and endless hours on it. " I've been playing since launch and I also run my own business... and nothing triggers people more then when you don't care. This game is epic, its the best mmo ive ever played... that being said it doesn't have much competition and once you only care about microtransactions instead of actual game play and support then its a rip.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Can you confirm / acknowledge / pass along, that your fan base DOES NOT CARE if you take down the servers. I know this will cost you money but it costs us just the same as your company has been FAR from generous regarding down time compensation. However, WE DONT CARE, take the servers down and just fix the damn core game. If I have a job, something goes wrong, you offer a solution to your customer to alleviate the problem. Whether it’s a one day or one week fix, just make the fix happen.
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol! Exactly this is the biggest guise that has bought them so much imaginary patch “time” it’s a joke at this point. Companies pump out updates all the time especially game breaking hotfixes. They use this “certification time” line all the time.

Source : been here since launch and lost count of how many times I’ve seen this.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are doomed to not be able to play PvP seriously ever again, apparently.
  • Blobsky
    Blobsky
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like a fix as much as the next guy but no offence, it wont happen. ESO PvP has been unplayably laggy for over 4 years ago in prime time. There have been previous god awful freeze bugs such as the 2fps bug in 1.2 each taking months to fix... but the reality is that even if fixed the ping is so terrible in prime time that it wont matter... it will still be unplayable
    Yt Channell: Blobsky

DC EU Nightblade
    Owner of 'The Travelling Merchant' - Craglorn trade guild since near release!
  • ZOS_GinaBruno
    ZOS_GinaBruno
    Community Manager
    Quick update: One of the potential solutions mentioned yesterday is still in testing, and likely won't be rolled out until tomorrow. The other fixes are still on track to be added to an upcoming incremental, which is still being scheduled. We'll post up a more detailed explanation about all this (as a new, stickied thread) either this afternoon or tomorrow.
    Gina Bruno
    Senior Community Manager
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
    Staff Post