The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Can We Get An Official Statement on Increased Crashes on Xbox?

• kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Er.... Wasn't there supposed to be an update today?
  • Powerburrito20
    So deleting cache did nothing so i did an uninstall and reinstall, which sucks as with my slow internet this will take like 3 days to go through a 64GB update from my old disk install..
  • Jammer480
    Jammer480
    ✭✭✭
    The maintenance notes say June 20th so update is tomorrow, I assume?
    Edited by Jammer480 on June 19, 2018 1:14PM
    Livin' the dream...
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eagerly anticipating tomorrow's maintenance. I've like run out of smarky comments and it's not even fun anymore just fix the damn game. I'm sick of crashing I am sick of stuttering SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK OF IT
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I predict the stuttering/freezes will be corrected and the buzz/lockup/crash will return in all its glory.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    About to do horse training and crafting writs.... if i crash im gonna be so sad.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Crashed an hour in. Your maintenance didn't work. Color me SHOCKED
  • gp1680
    gp1680
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »

Was it a disconnect from the server or the buzz/crash thing?
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    gp1680 wrote: »

Was it a disconnect from the server or the buzz/crash thing?

No i rarely ever disconnect from the server. My problem is the buzz crashes. Since ive started playing the game, multiple times a day. On a regular xbox one and an Xbox One X with eso on an SSD. I've tried every possbile solution on my end and spent hundreds of dollars to try and stop them but nothing works.
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Well.. that patch has done a stellar job...

I've crashed out 5 times in the past 45 mins... way more often than before it.
  • keepero
    keepero
    ✭✭
    Still crashing in cyrodiil as well
  • Skall66
    Skall66
    ✭✭✭
    Well.. that patch has done a stellar job...

I've crashed out 5 times in the past 45 mins... way more often than before it.

same here.. Please ZOS, no more patches, it gets worse every time :expressionless:
    Mudcrab magnet
    Xbox EU
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Graphics is still flickering too. (Best way I can describe it)
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Update did nothing for the REAL problem. Gamebreaking permafreezing is the REAL issue yet you focused on inconvenient but nongame breaking freezes. So sick of this, @ZOS_GinaBruno. It’s ridiculous.
  • ortiz2110b14_ESO
    At least you guys can get in the game mine crashes at title screen %100 of the time since the patch. If I have reinstall this game it'll be the last time I do because I won't be coming back. This is the 3rd time I had reinstall this pos in like 2 months since their patches brake my game and the same issues that were there a year ago are still there and they have no plans of fixing anything and yet expect you to buy this bs DLC.
    Edited by ortiz2110b14_ESO on June 21, 2018 3:23PM
  • TexArdvark
    TexArdvark
    Soul Shriven
    The crashes I'm experiencing with the XBox One "X" are somewhat predictable in that when it appears that the program would require server contact it is unable to do so, times out, and tosses me from ESO. This happens when entering a the game, entering a dungeon, or house. It has happened when clicking on objects as well. When clicking I know I'm in trouble because there is no screen feedback. If waiting doesn't provide feedback, I'm generally booted with message to check Internet connection. I subscribe to a 100Mbps service but that service is only as good as the relays and host involved in transactions.

Yesterday while updating ESO, my speeds varied from 125kbps to 105mbps. If similar lags occur during gameplay it's no wonder there are problems. The update was applied June 20, 2018 and afterward I was booted under similar circumstances as described above. I am now wondering if perhaps the problem might be with the XBox itself but I've not had similar problems or at least not as often with "Skyrim", "Fallout 4", or "Destiny 2".

Be nice if the problem was fixed.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem is not with Xbox lol. It is with pvp in cyrodiil and on Zos End.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

It's not just in PvP. I can crash in any overland PvE area, in a dungeon, in a trial, in BGs, nowhere is safe. Its a total crapshoot when the game just decides i need to go back to the xbox dashboard.
  • IlCanis_LupuslI
    IlCanis_LupuslI
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have some fixes planned for Update 18 that should help with some crashes. Hard to tell if it will fix your exact issue, but it's likely you'll see some improvements.

unfortunatly only very very minor improvements, like better framerates in big battles, but server disconnects still there like before
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Cp 1490
    Xbox-EU-AD
    Khajiit Night blade Healer(BiS for cuteness)-Flawless Conquerer Grand Overlord
    Khajiit Stamsorc Werewolf, Flawless Conquerer (1st attempt ww form during the entire dungeon) main
    Khajiit(Master Race) Templar Healer, Flawless Conquerer
    Khajiit Stam dk, Flawless conquerer, 2nd attempt
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCQhCmVHwZioVyTEDberxGtA?view_as=public
    Werewolf Veteran player, Since Wrathstone-DLC "Raid-Wolf", 50k dps with fracture, Pvp Healer.
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Still crashing to dashboard and freezing randomly.
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭
    Xbox one X - EU server.
    As of today, freezes and crashes still happening in Cyrodiil.
    Not happening in Pve but still getting screen flickering
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Karivaa wrote: »

It's not just in PvP. I can crash in any overland PvE area, in a dungeon, in a trial, in BGs, nowhere is safe. Its a total crapshoot when the game just decides i need to go back to the xbox dashboard.
    True! I dcd twice last night for no reason overland.
  • Rome1984
    Rome1984
    Soul Shriven
    The performance of this game is a joke. Ever since wrothgar, it’s gone downhill. Summerset has brought on a whole new kind of *** show. Zos cares about one thing $$$
  • kitsune_beth
    kitsune_beth
    ✭✭✭
    Would dearly love to know what that patch *fixed.

Can't ever load in to the game first time of asking any more. It always takes 3, or more, attempts.
    Random clean crashes to the dashboard.
    Random buzz crashes to the dashboard.
    Textures don't load properly, especially in hub areas and look fugly. (Towns/Cities)
    Other players are "black" with no textures a lot of the time.
    Game often seems sluggish, with animation and sound out of sync.

I really wish you guys would fix the problems you have, before adding to them with more content that makes it worse each time.
  • goggs25
    goggs25
    ✭✭
    Would dearly love to know what that patch *fixed.

Can't ever load in to the game first time of asking any more. It always takes 3, or more, attempts.
    Random clean crashes to the dashboard.
    Random buzz crashes to the dashboard.
    Textures don't load properly, especially in hub areas and look fugly. (Towns/Cities)
    Other players are "black" with no textures a lot of the time.
    Game often seems sluggish, with animation and sound out of sync.

I really wish you guys would fix the problems you have, before adding to them with more content that makes it worse each time.

That is a dream for me taken 3 attempts to login in for me it's anywhere from 17 to 30 attempts to login to EU servers but only 3 attempts to get in to na server which is no good for me. ZOS are the laziest bunch of sick I have ever had to deal with been having login failed for over a year and half and still they refuse to fix the issue
  • ChugsMcWhiskey
    ChugsMcWhiskey
    Soul Shriven
    Alright. I’ve about had enough of this. I’ve been an ESO+ subscriber for going on 2 years now. I’ve spent WELL over $300 on cosmetics, crowns, mounts, housing and whatnot. I want to support this game. I want to play this game. I want to think that the developers care about this game.

The last 3 weeks have been a nightmare. I freeze up at every single fight that I’m in. I tried to play this broken, trash game for 5 HOURS tonight. I froze at EVERY. SINGLE. FIGHT. 100% failure rate. Inside keeps, outside of keeps, in the open field, on resources. I spend more time logging in than I do playing this game. I kept a notepad and a tally count on my desk tonight. I froze up or crashed out 9 TIMES in 5 hours... Each freeze took me up to 20 minutes to just log back in...

ZOS... I am trying to justify all of the time and effort and MONEY that I’ve put into your game. There has been maintenance 3 times in the last 7 days... You guys responded to and fixed the vAS glitch in less than a week (TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but you leave PvP in such a horribly, inexcusably broken state for going on almost a month now?! With midyear mayhem around the corner? Do you guys just think that it will work? What is your solution? What is going to be your response when EVERYONE is in this thread telling you about how broken this is? Will you finally find the resources needed to stop putting out new mounts and costumes once a week to address the problems with your game? Or are you content with this being a glorified game of The Sims?

This isn’t a “next big patch” issue. This is a RIGHT THIS MINUTE issue. Your game is literally unplayable. I’m livid. This isn’t even mentioning half of the server being able to jump through keep walls and doors while the other half can’t even walk through a broken wall or door. This isn’t mentioning the fact that half of my dawnbreakers fall harmlessly through the map. This isn’t mentioning that double CC is STILL a massive issue YEARS after it became a problem. This isn’t mentioning that players literally phase in and out of existence, impossible to fight, target or handle. This isn’t mentioning that the very exploit you were so happy to hand out permabans for in vAS is alive and well in healing through keep doors and caltropping siege merchants, rendering bases indefensible in prolonged fighting.

It’s inexcusable and there is no amount of crowns, gold or apologies that will make it up to me. The ONLY way that this anger subsides, for me and for all of the other people that have to deal with the incompetence that has been on display up to this point is to FIX. THE DAMN. GAME.
    Edited by ChugsMcWhiskey on July 3, 2018 4:35AM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alright. I’ve about had enough of this. I’ve been an ESO+ subscriber for going on 2 years now. I’ve spent WELL over $300 on cosmetics, crowns, mounts, housing and whatnot. I want to support this game. I want to play this game. I want to think that the developers care about this game.

The last 3 weeks have been a nightmare. I freeze up at every single fight that I’m in. I tried to play this broken, trash game for 5 HOURS tonight. I froze at EVERY. SINGLE. FIGHT. 100% failure rate. Inside keeps, outside of keeps, in the open field, on resources. I spend more time logging in than I do playing this game. I kept a notepad and a tally count on my desk tonight. I froze up or crashed out 9 TIMES in 5 hours... Each freeze took me up to 20 minutes to just log back in...

ZOS... I am trying to justify all of the time and effort and MONEY that I’ve put into your game. There has been maintenance 3 times in the last 7 days... You guys responded to and fixed the vAS glitch in less than a week (TWICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!) but you leave PvP in such a horribly, inexcusably broken state for going on almost a month now?! With midyear mayhem around the corner? Do you guys just think that it will work? What is your solution? What is going to be your response when EVERYONE is in this thread telling you about how broken this is? Will you finally find the resources needed to stop putting out new mounts and costumes once a week to address the problems with your game? Or are you content with this being a glorified game of The Sims?

This isn’t a “next big patch” issue. This is a RIGHT THIS MINUTE issue. Your game is literally unplayable. I’m livid. This isn’t even mentioning half of the server being able to jump through keep walls and doors while the other half can’t even walk through a broken wall or door. This isn’t mentioning the fact that half of my dawnbreakers fall harmlessly through the map. This isn’t mentioning that double CC is STILL a massive issue YEARS after it became a problem. This isn’t mentioning that players literally phase in and out of existence, impossible to fight, target or handle. This isn’t mentioning that the very exploit you were so happy to hand out permabans for in vAS is alive and well in healing through keep doors and caltropping siege merchants, rendering bases indefensible in prolonged fighting.

It’s inexcusable and there is no amount of crowns, gold or apologies that will make it up to me. The ONLY way that this anger subsides, for me and for all of the other people that have to deal with the incompetence that has been on display up to this point is to FIX. THE DAMN. GAME.

Well-said. I wish i still had the energy to whip up a good post like this but they've beaten me down. Its never going to be fixed.
  • XoxHANNIBALxoX
    XoxHANNIBALxoX
    ✭✭✭

5 hours?? Wow now that is dedication, I give up after the second crash which is usually within 30 minutes tbh. Great post though, very emotional.
    Edited by XoxHANNIBALxoX on July 3, 2018 7:57AM
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just got back from a 6 month break. Resubscribed to eso couple days ago. After 5 days of playing again I crashed around 60 times. This is not what I came back for. I spent around $1700 since day 1 so I thought after not playing 6 months this game would be more stable on the pvp side of things.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Since typing my previous message I crashed 2 more times during fights. Lol.
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?