The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sloads in Battle Grounds

• DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    pieratsos wrote: »
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    Who is responsible for allowing this set to exist in its current iteration longer than the week it took on PTS to identify it being incredibly overpowered when multiple are stacked?

Im gonna be the brave guy and blame it on the "testers" of summerset. They went there to test stuff, they saw this abomination and instead of raising hell, they came back telling us about the beautiful architecture of summerset and the underwhelming jewellery protective trait.

A few people did complain about it.

They were generally met with cries of "lol it's a 800 DPS dot, no big deal," despite the fact that it's as strong as a roughly 3k DPS tooltip dot...

It doesn't help that testing on the PTS doesn't really replicate conditions that develop on the real server.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Who is responsible for allowing this set to exist in its current iteration longer than the week it took on PTS to identify it being incredibly overpowered when multiple are stacked?

Im gonna be the brave guy and blame it on the "testers" of summerset. They went there to test stuff, they saw this abomination and instead of raising hell, they came back telling us about the beautiful architecture of summerset and the underwhelming jewellery protective trait.

They were generally met with cries of "lol it's a 800 DPS dot, no big deal," despite the fact that it's as strong as a roughly 3k DPS tooltip dot...

It doesn't help that testing on the PTS doesn't really replicate conditions that develop on the real server.

Im talking about the people that went to ZOS HQ before the PTS even dropped. Outside of Gilliam who mentioned it briefly in one his videos i dont really remember anyone else mentioning even tho they should have raised hell and warned us that this monstrosity is coming. But nope, they were busy with the tall architecture of Summerset and bashing ZOS about the protective trait. Because you know, a bad jewellery trait is more important than a freaking set dealing oblivion with potential 100% uptime.

P.S. Even on the PTS. Some things just dont require testing. After the last proc meta with oblivion glyphs being used by everyone and their mother you would actually think that people that actually understand the game would be more sceptical when they see a freaking set doing oblivion dmg with potential 100% uptime.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Im talking about the people that went to ZOS HQ before the PTS even dropped. Outside of Gilliam who mentioned it briefly in one his videos i dont really remember anyone else mentioning even tho they should have raised hell and warned us that this monstrosity is coming. But nope, they were busy with the tall architecture of Summerset and bashing ZOS about the protective trait. Because you know, a bad jewellery trait is more important than a freaking set dealing oblivion with potential 100% uptime.

P.S. Even on the PTS. Some things just dont require testing. After the last proc meta with oblivion glyphs being used by everyone and their mother you would actually think that people that actually understand the game would be more sceptical when they see a freaking set doing oblivion dmg with potential 100% uptime.

Ah yeah, that makes more sense. But I don't really see any evidence that anything from that test session actually got taken into consideration, tbh.

And yeah, it really doesn't need testing--but you also don't run into the completely cancerous setups of 4x sloads intentionally stacked on one person.

The thing I think is interesting about that was there were people on the PTS when Morrowind dropped intentionally stacking knights slayer, and it was called out as pretty cheesy gameplay (and received a slight nerf). Not really sure where the response to both diverged.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hello!!! 4.5k views. Yeah during PTS but I sure as #$&+ said plenty
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Ah yeah, that makes more sense. But I don't really see any evidence that anything from that test session actually got taken into consideration, tbh.

And yeah, it really doesn't need testing--but you also don't run into the completely cancerous setups of 4x sloads intentionally stacked on one person.

The thing I think is interesting about that was there were people on the PTS when Morrowind dropped intentionally stacking knights slayer, and it was called out as pretty cheesy gameplay (and received a slight nerf). Not really sure where the response to both diverged.

Whether they take it into consideration or not is a different story. But those were the players that actually understand the game and not the potatoes of PTS thinking that 853 oblivion dmg is useless. You would actually expect them to do something more than just a brief mention.

Knights slayer is just another abomination of a set sitting in the corner and laughing at us because we dont bother with it and is just waiting for the next heavy attack proc set that is going to perfectly fit with it so they can both be abused like cocaine and become the next proc meta.
    Edited by pieratsos on June 14, 2018 8:01PM
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Hello!!! 4.5k views. Yeah during PTS but I sure as #$&+ said plenty

Yeah, me too. This was the first post in the official itemization thread on the PTS.
    Delete Sload's Semblance. Dont even bother to adjust the numbers or something. Just delete it and create something new.

But what do i know. Im just another toxic forum warrior crying for everything to get nerfed because i die in PVP.
  • Malamar1229
    Malamar1229
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @mikegundy I haven't pooped in weeks with all this cheese in BGs
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game's cancer is in terminal phase. If the death recap like that is common, I don't know what else to call it.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This game's cancer is in terminal phase. If the death recap like that is common, I don't know what else to call it.

People will adapt.

I'm surprised I don't see more bleed recaps.

But there are Merc recap threads

Overload Recap threads

Counter to these are

Unkillable Build threads

Cloak Nerf threads

So it's kinda balanced in outraged thread numbers.

Wardens are the only class with minimum counters to this meta
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People will adapt.

Overload Recap threads

Counter to these are

Unkillable Build threads

Cloak Nerf threads

I feel that

Almost all of the things you listed are problems that everyone also want fixes for. Overload thing is really sort of over the top tbh with new Empower buff. Not sure what merc thing is. Bleed recaps disappeared because everyone's running Sload's on top of their builds. And that is very problematic. Bleed in itself can also be a problem when it completely negates resistances but it still gets affected by other things which Oblivion damages isn't affected by like Battle Spirits and mitigation CPs.

This really isn't the "adapt" issue when there's no counter to these due to it being a true damage. Even countering with healing is not viable at some point because Sload's damage is effective a defile of its own to HoTs and healing/purging skills are very expensive and if the user is not completely inept and expect literally the left click to do their work, they also will be stacking their own damage on top (even Zaan). So, no exactly feasible counter. Large health pool? Knight Slayer says hi. So... even if we adapt, so will they.
    Edited by IZZEFlameLash on June 15, 2018 3:01AM
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

People will adapt.

Overload Recap threads

Counter to these are

Unkillable Build threads

Cloak Nerf threads

Warden, well, stamden mainly does excellently in this meta. The mobility to evade it, insane HoTs and general healing buffs coupled with a burst heal at the same time as a snare immunity.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People will adapt.

Overload Recap threads

Counter to these are

Unkillable Build threads

Cloak Nerf threads

there's nothing wrong with cloak, other than it doesn't work properly and we are always being pulled out of cloak.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People will adapt.

Overload Recap threads

Counter to these are

Unkillable Build threads

Cloak Nerf threads

there's nothing wrong with cloak, other than it doesn't work properly and we are always being pulled out of cloak.

Just listing current threads, there's always an anti Cloak thread, and an anti sorc thread
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Keep Sloads as is... but add this effect. When you deal damage....bla bla bla... sloads.... bla bla... if sloads dot is already on your target you take the dot instead... >:) "Cheese for Everyone!" -Sheogorath
    Edited by Chrlynsch on June 15, 2018 11:29PM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    Do you think sloads could cause the damage reflect on that Harbringer set? Sure sloads is a dot, but it is also oblivion damage, it might be treated differently by the harbringer set.

• Ender1310
    Ender1310
    ✭✭✭✭
    So I expect to die if I am out numbered. Most of my builds are tankier. I expect there to be some counter play. Some way of mitigating damage. That doesn't happen with the sloads.