The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Clockwork Sload - No stealth Mageblade. Meta Harder, Max Cheese.

• SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    sap essence? why?
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    sap essence? why?

Sap Essence - AoE damage, a small utility heal, Major Sorcery. You could replace this with Degeneration which is a totally good option and a bit of extra healing, max magika, and regeneration. This is a play style decision, I often fight outnumbered and alone and the AoE damage has sneaky synergy with Durok's since inexperienced players assume their health will top off when they're not being focused, it also let's me see if anyone is taking noticeably more damage so I can single them out.

Also, AoE cloak counter in case your sload is proc’ed on the wrong person
  • Knowledge
    Knowledge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build is so cancerous.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »

Thanks!

This meta is awful, but I’m not about to handicap myself. It’s sad when even building to “counter” the meta your best bet is still basically “meta harder”
  • Datthaw
    Datthaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Thanks!

This meta is awful, but I’m not about to handicap myself. It’s sad when even building to “counter” the meta your best bet is still basically “meta harder”

Procsets and cp really ruin pvp imo. People laugh like "what you want the black rose/ trainee builds back?" And I'm like.... yeah kinda, atleast then is was more based on skill. Just my 2 cents.
  • thankyourat
    thankyourat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the updated build. I found it pretty dangerous to play without healing ward even with all the hots. The only thing I find annoying is I gave up vampire now without mist form I have no way to deal with root spam. Why don't you like shadowy disguise Or dark Cloak? Our bars are pretty much the same except I have dark Cloak in place of sap. I May switch back to shadowy disguise though.
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We should replace "cancer" with cheesecake, cheese ball, or greeseball to describe braindead sets. I think we are toxic enough of a community already lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Liam12548 wrote: »
    Bring this build into BG's after the 5th and I'll show you why you should stop playing cheese and start playing real builds on your "main" ;)

GTFO, With your zaan bleedplar complaining about cheese.

Edit: Didn’t you wear Bleesed Meridia for the 1 duel we had?

Lmfao owned.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I like the updated build. I found it pretty dangerous to play without healing ward even with all the hots. The only thing I find annoying is I gave up vampire now without mist form I have no way to deal with root spam. Why don't you like shadowy disguise Or dark Cloak? Our bars are pretty much the same except I have dark Cloak in place of sap. I May switch back to shadowy disguise though.

I just play around shade. Like everything I do on mageblade is based around being cognizant of shade and spectral bow. Also, I know for certain that I play far less aggressively than you. I’ve seen you countless times push fights that I would avoid at all costs and be very successful doing so, but that’s not my style. I’m a lot more conservative about engaging and I start to disengage earlier.

I really still like the 2h/Destro setup, a lot. But if you come across a Defile build outnumbered you’re handicapping yourself pretty hard by not having a shield. Of course now you can kite him much easier because Forward momentum, but I found myself spending too much time leaving fights I could have won with healing ward slotted.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 13, 2018 7:13PM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Man, hyper aggressive play styles are tricky to manage. On top of taking a lot of focus and energy to do so.

We have people like that on my server too, it's always a wonder to sit and watch these people fight.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't care what anyone says, I love this META.

It just calls to me...

Can't decide between this build @Lexxypwns or Spin2win
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    exeeter702 wrote: »
    Qwazz wrote: »
    5 Necro, 5 Warmaidens, 1 domi, 1 shadow rend (if you want bigger shields willpower resto)
    Mundus - atronach
    2 spell damage (infused rings) 1 recovery glyph (arcane neck)

Use forward momentum or mist.
    Don't use cloak period, mist + one of the above options + dampen is more than enough to survive.
    Drop entropy for sap.

Just my 2 cents.

Damage has ramped up significantly in summerset. I would not suggest light amor in cp environments atm.

Completely disagree with you on 5 Light...

Light is still very strong in CP environments, you just gotta address your Defense if you are gonna run it...

Edit: nm...Lexx beat me to it.

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 13, 2018 10:23PM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Ishammael wrote: »
    Pretty sure this build is about to become meta on all magicka classes except sorc. For better or worse, blobs just posted a mDK video with this setup.

Major defile is just super savage right now.

Yeah, I’ve been running this setup(with resto and stealth) but caluurion in place of sload and it’s broken AF. I think the Caluu proc is superior but I like the sload 2-4 pc so much more and the higher uptime on the 5pc pushed me to it

imo the best available procc is overwhelming.

Very debatable...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 Necro, 5 Warmaidens, 1 domi, 1 shadow rend (if you want bigger shields willpower resto)
    Mundus - atronach

Don't use cloak period, mist + one of the above options + dampen is more than enough to survive.
    Drop entropy for sap.

Just my 2 cents.

Damage has ramped up significantly in summerset. I would not suggest light amor in cp environments atm.

Light is still very strong in CP environments, you just gotta address your Defense if you are gonna run it...

The issue this patch is that most classes no longer more efficiently reach an adequate level of survivability in light than you can recoup lost killing power in heavy. This is in part because damage is higher, Sload ignoring mitigation and only being “countered” by a higher health pool, more Health Regen, and more healing. Since heavy offers all of those things it’s more efficient to run heavy and then recoup your damage rather than build those things into a light armor spec.
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mundus - atronach

Drop entropy for sap.

Just my 2 cents.

The issue this patch is that most classes no longer more efficiently reach an adequate level of survivability in light than you can recoup lost killing power in heavy. This is in part because damage is higher, Sload ignoring mitigation and only being “countered” by a higher health pool, more Health Regen, and more healing. Since heavy offers all of those things it’s more efficient to run heavy and then recoup your damage rather than build those things into a light armor spec.

You know, for most classes, I can definitely agree with you as most classes have no effective way to purge negative effects...

For Magplars though, I think we are best equipped to go with 5 Light and be able to deal with the Meta as we can effectively deal with negative effects (especially if you slot Extended Ritual and Mutagen) and still maintain decent burst for killing...

I know I am currently all in on Defense and its working wonders for countering Sloads and Defile...

Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Is this new updated build optimized for cp or no cp?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

CP.

It’s also BiS for no-CP but I’d run a regen glyph on one of the infused jewels instead of on the triune. Losing CP only costs this spec ~100 mag regen and 400 Health Regen, all the other sustain is mechanics based. Or you could go Triune+recovery Infused+recovery Infused+damage and run tri-stat food to have excellent stam sustain in no-CP
    Mundus - atronach

Drop entropy for sap.

Just my 2 cents.

You know, for most classes, I can definitely agree with you as most classes have no effective way to purge negative effects...

For Magplars though, I think we are best equipped to go with 5 Light and be able to deal with the Meta as we can effectively deal with negative effects (especially if you slot Extended Ritual and Mutagen) and still maintain decent burst for killing...

I know I am currently all in on Defense and its working wonders for countering Sloads and Defile...

IMO, magplar is far, far better off in heavy since the resists and added healing extend your offensive window. It also offers stam sustain which is crucial to a class whose primary defense is block casting heals.

Extended Ritual is obviously strong, but it plays up the weakness of magplar, which is getting off the defense and on to offense because while you can clear status effects you get no immunity so it’s useless against Duroks, for example, because it will apply defile on the next tick of entropy.

I’m running Sload+Shackle+Zaan on my magplar in 5 heavy with tri-glyphs and Clockwork Citrus. It’s a far more offensive setup than your typical light armor magplar build and it also has better stam sustain and survival.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 14, 2018 2:05AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice build very nice
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This build really do make me feel glad that I decided not to play this game 2 days after the release of Summerset. The moment I saw Sload's tick on me during those 2 days I foresaw it will be used en masse with defile with Zaan. Man. This is the definition of cancer build.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP.

It’s also BiS for no-CP but I’d run a regen glyph on one of the infused jewels instead of on the triune. Losing CP only costs this spec ~100 mag regen and 400 Health Regen, all the other sustain is mechanics based. Or you could go Triune+recovery Infused+recovery Infused+damage and run tri-stat food to have excellent stam sustain in no-CP
    Mundus - atronach

Drop entropy for sap.

Just my 2 cents.

IMO, magplar is far, far better off in heavy since the resists and added healing extend your offensive window. It also offers stam sustain which is crucial to a class whose primary defense is block casting heals.

Extended Ritual is obviously strong, but it plays up the weakness of magplar, which is getting off the defense and on to offense because while you can clear status effects you get no immunity so it’s useless against Duroks, for example, because it will apply defile on the next tick of entropy.

I’m running Sload+Shackle+Zaan on my magplar in 5 heavy with tri-glyphs and Clockwork Citrus. It’s a far more offensive setup than your typical light armor magplar build and it also has better stam sustain and survival.

You know as a side note (and I know I am definitely in the minority on this, but am gonna comment on this since you brought it up) , I don't run 1h/shield and I definitely don't block cast; all of my stamina is reserved for breaking free/dodge rolling (I am heavily invested in reducing the cost of Dodge Roll)...

In short I firmly do not believe that a Magplar has to run 1h/shield and block cast to survive; I have been able to survive very well without having to resort to that tactic...

Afterall, if you are limiting your opponents ability to hit you (and the effectiveness of an opponents attacks if they do hit you) then you have done a lot as pertains limiting the effectiveness of an opponents Proc Sets against you...

I am currently running Spectre's Eye/Combat Physician/Mighty Chudan; this results in:

1) High base resists (29k Spell; 23k Physical in constant effect when in full on Defensive mode)...
    2) 40-50% uptime on Major Evasion...
    3) a zero power cost damage shield consistently procing on me due to stacking HoT's...
    4) 2 Max Health Bonus's which, as you pointed out, is needed against Sloads unresistable damage...

Dodge Rolling directly into Elusive Mist (which will proc Major Evasion, so I can potentially dodge attacks and simultaneously Mist away) whenever I need to relieve pressure is extremely effective...

Especially when you consider that Elusive Mists duration covers the entire cost increase window of a Dodge Roll (which means you can dodge roll again immediately after coming out of Mist Form if need be, and of course you'll get 2 ticks of Stamina Regen while Misting)...

When you add all of that up, I flat out don't get hit a lot (especially 1v1), and when I do get hit, and I am able to recover from the damage very rapidly (I love that if you passively Dodge with shields up, your shield doesn't get touched)...

In short, once again, I don't believe at all that block casting is necessary on a Magplar; you can absolutely survive (and thrive) without it...

Edited by TheDoomsdayMonster on June 14, 2018 3:34AM
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    So are all your jewelry glyphs spell
    Damage for cp? Does infused out perform arcane in cp?
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

CP.

Mundus - atronach

Drop entropy for sap.

Just my 2 cents.

You know as a side note (and I know I am definitely in the minority on this, but am gonna comment on this since you brought it up) , I don't run 1h/shield and I definitely don't block cast; all of my stamina is reserved for breaking free/dodge rolling (I am heavily invested in reducing the cost of Dodge Roll)...

In short I firmly do not believe that a Magplar has to run 1h/shield and block cast to survive; I have been able to survive very well without having to resort to that tactic...

Afterall, if you are limiting your opponents ability to hit you (and the effectiveness of an opponents attacks if they do hit you) then you have done a lot as pertains limiting the effectiveness of an opponents Proc Sets against you...

I am currently running Spectre's Eye/Combat Physician/Mighty Chudan; this results in:

1) High base resists (29k Spell; 23k Physical in constant effect when in full on Defensive mode)...
    2) 40-50% uptime on Major Evasion...
    3) a zero power cost damage shield consistently procing on me due to stacking HoT's...
    4) 2 Max Health Bonus's which, as you pointed out, is needed against Sloads unresistable damage...

Dodge Rolling directly into Elusive Mist (which will proc Major Evasion, so I can potentially dodge attacks and simultaneously Mist away) whenever I need to relieve pressure is extremely effective...

Especially when you consider that Elusive Mists duration covers the entire cost increase window of a Dodge Roll (which means you can dodge roll again immediately after coming out of Mist Form if need be, and of course you'll get 2 ticks of Stamina Regen while Misting)...

When you add all of that up, I flat out don't get hit a lot (especially 1v1), and when I do get hit, and I am able to recover from the damage very rapidly (I love that if you passively Dodge with shields up, your shield doesn't get touched)...

In short, once again, I don't believe at all that block casting is necessary on a Magplar; you can absolutely survive (and thrive) without it...

I’m not as big a fan on 1h/shield on Templar his patch myself. Now you don’t gain a set piece, and light attack weaves are even more damage to give up and to me, and having the HOT with resto is more important.

Suppose I could run resto on the offensive bar. I just like having a lightning staff passive and concussion going there and I like lightning reach better than Aurora javelin. Could use Timestop I guess.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So are all your jewelry glyphs spell
    Damage for cp? Does infused out perform arcane in cp?

2x infused with spell damage 1x triune with recovery for CP.

Infused marginally outperforms Arcane on this build in CP and significantly outperforms it in no-CP where arcane is 20% less effective. If I lost the infused jewels and went arcane+damage instead I’d lose ~2% damage and healing in CP. Different race/class combos skew this math though, a high elf likely wouldn’t see the same benefit.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 14, 2018 10:46AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In messing around with this build yesterday(despite my other posts!) this build has really good synergy going with Time Freeze.

I wanted to point out something about Time Freeze that I think is unique, not just to this build but to other builds/classes.

So the idea behind the skill is to stop enemies in place. But there are two interesting factors to this skill I want to zoom in on;

1. When cast, the count down 4 seconds applies a very handy snare - this snare in theory works similar to a Control Deck in Magic the Gathering. You manipulate the enemies thinking/placement by creating a situation they have to judge properly(also called a Mix-up or 50/50 situation). Thus, limiting their options and giving you more. This part of the ability makes it really fascinating when you start discussing situations like Resource Towers, choke points and even rocks/trees/things to LoS(I have gotten stunned from this ability through trees and rocks). And is making me re-think putting this on different classes to see what other synergies are out there.

2. If the enemy does not respect the snare the count down ends and they get stunned, opening up combos and shifting momentum to favor the caster of the ability if the opponent does CC break.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 14, 2018 3:47PM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to try Sloads/Surge/Valkyns on my Nightblade for *** and giggles i think.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns

So i haven't played this game for months, came back yesterday.

Judging by the state of this forum i'm taking it that it isn't a good patch?

Another proc meta? Really... There has been two of these are the dev just that incompetent that they are incapable of introducing new sets that arent proc dmg sets?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This build really do make me feel glad that I decided not to play this game 2 days after the release of Summerset. The moment I saw Sload's tick on me during those 2 days I foresaw it will be used en masse with defile with Zaan. Man. This is the definition of cancer build.

Thanks man! I worked hard figuring out the perfect combos and synergy to pair with the outstanding mageblade tool kit.

I agree this meta is awful, but the best way to counter it that’s I’ve found is to embrace the meta and enjoy what comes with it.
    In messing around with this build yesterday(despite my other posts!) this build has really good synergy going with Time Freeze.

I wanted to point out something about Time Freeze that I think is unique, not just to this build but to other builds/classes.

So the idea behind the skill is to stop enemies in place. But there are two interesting factors to this skill I want to zoom in on;

1. When cast, the count down 4 seconds applies a very handy snare - this snare in theory works similar to a Control Deck in Magic the Gathering. You manipulate the enemies thinking/placement by creating a situation they have to judge properly(also called a Mix-up or 50/50 situation). Thus, limiting their options and giving you more. This part of the ability makes it really fascinating when you start discussing situations like Resource Towers, choke points and even rocks/trees/things to LoS(I have gotten stunned from this ability through trees and rocks). And is making me re-think putting this on different classes to see what other synergies are out there.

2. If the enemy does not respect the snare the count down ends and they get stunned, opening up combos and shifting momentum to favor the caster of the ability if the opponent does CC break.

Time freeze is amazing. It is bar none the best CC in the game by miles. I’m still not consistent enough in my personal ability to get it to function how I need it to though and that’s the primary reason I’m still using fear when solo. Time stop is my choice I n a small group where there are cross heals and stuff making it easier to survive pressure and will likely fully replace fear eventually.

I see a lot of potential with Time Stop and Shadow Image as a way to further control hectic fights, but I’m just so used to using the instant CC of fear to relieve pressure that I haven’t fully swapped over. It’s a game changer no doubt and you’re really making me want to master it.
    @Lexxypwns

So i haven't played this game for months, came back yesterday.

Judging by the state of this forum i'm taking it that it isn't a good patch?

Another proc meta? Really... There has been two of these are the dev just that incompetent that they are incapable of introducing new sets that arent proc dmg sets?

The Defile meta is nothing new, it has existed for a while.

The “proc meta” is generally overstated, in the sense that we aren’t out there 1 banging people with Viper+Veli and no counterplay. However, Sload’s is insane, absolutely bonkers strong and has made me reconsider how I build every class.

The thing with Sload is that it can’t be mitigated and it’s ever present pressure that can be dangerous, particularly when combined with a Defile or Bleeds. @Thogard was the first person I saw suggesting that higher health and increased healing were the way to “mitigate” Sloads. Basically you just want to increase the time you have to deal with an opponent while not compromising your ability to burn him down. Kiting and fight control are more important than ever and damage is trough the roof. The margins for surviving with a 20-22k health build are too thin for my liking since 2 sload procs means 45% of your health in 6 seconds with no other incoming damage. The other popular “counter” is Troll King, which effectively increases your passive health sustain by enough to ignore a sload prox, if you can get enough health and off-stat to support running Clockwork Citrus or Artaeum Broth that extra health regen is really excellent this patch.

If possible you want to combine at least 2, ideally 3+ of the following when building for survivability in this meta: 30k+ health, 2k+ health regen, damage shields, stacked healing bonuses, forced crit heals, ritual/purge, snare immunity, speed. But the issues you then run into is that you often have then compromised your damage and the best way to recoup that killing power is by adhering to the meta and running procs, bleeds, defiles.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on June 15, 2018 11:39AM
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would consider mastering it.

Let's put both of the skills (Fear, Time Freeze) on the table and look at them

Time Freeze

Pros
    -AoE has no limit to the amount of targets it will snare during the count down and stun
    -Large bubble that can be used to control space, good for mind gaming, escaping, keeping distance
    -Has a unique snare associated with it
    -Ranged, ground targeted aoe(it can be auto cast using the settings>gameplay>toggle on Auto-Cast Ground target skills) so you can 'set it and forget it'
    -goes through block? - Not 100% sure about this

Cons
    -Can possibly apply/give CC immunity at in-opportune times?
    -On low recovery builds, it cannot be spammed as much(3,100~ Magicka(w/15% cost reduction from Psijic skil-line), compare to Fear 3,400~ Magicka)
    -No damage
    -Forward Momentum ignores the snare? - Not 100% sure about this
    -Shuffle ignores the snare? - Not 100% sure about this

Fear(Mass Hysteria)

Pros
    -Small aoe hitbox that his a max of 2 targets, which is a great get-off-me move
    -Forces a running away animation before player CCs, which takes off heat
    -Applies Minor Miam
    -Applies a snare
    -goes through block

Cons
    -player has no control over which 2 targets get struck with fear first, making it a dice roll as to whether or not you feared the correct person
    -Snare applied can be purged off with Forward Momentum / Shuffle
    -CC immunity renders this ability useless
    -does no damage

Fear has always been a great offensive tool, however with the nerf it had to 3->2 targets is a pretty big deal. Like I mentioned, the player has no control over who it hit, 3 was always a great number as it allowed to hit most opponents next to you. In the current meta, it hitting 2 targets is not sufficient enough.

Another problem I have with Fear is Minor Miam. As we've seen with the higher damage ceiling this patch. To me, in my honest opinion, _Minor_ Miam is just not an effective enough de-buff to justify running Fear. The Ranged Shade already applies this, but has extra utility in teleporting me to it's location, AND it does ranged Magic damage.

The other icing on the cake that ruins the skill for me is the automatic removal of the snare from Shuffle and Forward Momentum. More Magicka toons are running 2H for the raw SP increase AND for that skill.

So you end up with only them running around with free CC immunity and Minor Miam.

So when I look at Time Freeze, here is my perspective when I see it's utility compared to fear.

First off its around 5 seconds to cast the skill(I'm including the start up 4s and the 5th second is when the stun happens), we'll get back to this magic number later. But during these few seconds we can control who and where we put it on. This is a pretty big deal as sometimes we don't want to be focusing the guy next to us, but that healer next to the ranged DPS who is healing their party. We can pop Time Freeze on the healer, force them to make bad decisions then separate them from their body guard, if they get hit by the snare and then stunned we can then used the ranged abilities provided in this build and in theory easily focus them will Crippling/proc'ed Will/Funnel/Meteor/Path/etc. The ranged DPS also is separated or stunned too. This allows for the MagNB to create chaos and keep momentum on his side of the fight while he's out numbered. Originally I said that 5 seconds is the magic number, this is because each and every second the ability is counting down it's appiling a stronger and stronger snare until the stun pops.

That kind of situational opening just isn't possible with Fear. To me Fear is becoming a pigeoned holed skill where everyone now knows when and how to break it. With Time Freeze, there is an element of surprise and a lot of free-form control, Fear as long as the opponent is next to you, he always knows its on deck and ready to be popped. Sadly it would seem the best opportune time to use Fear is in instances where you're already focusing 1 person with all of your burst. StamNB is the most successful utilizing fear due to their higher close ranged numbers per second.

This post got a little long so I will stop it there. These are just my thoughts and opinions as of writing it. Hoping to continue meddling with Time Freeze to see where I end up.

The thing with Sload is that it can’t be mitigated and it’s ever present pressure that can be dangerous, particularly when combined with a Defile or Bleeds. Thogard was the first person I saw suggesting that higher health and increased healing were the way to “mitigate” Sloads. Basically you just want to increase the time you have to deal with an opponent while not compromising your ability to burn him down. Kiting and fight control are more important than ever and damage is trough the roof. The margins for surviving with a 20-22k health build are too thin for my liking since 2 sload procs means 45% of your health in 6 seconds with no other incoming damage. The other popular “counter” is Troll King, which effectively increases your passive health sustain by enough to ignore a sload prox, if you can get enough health and off-stat to support running Clockwork Citrus or Artaeum Broth that extra health regen is really excellent this patch.
    100% agree with this paragraph.

20-22k Health is unacceptable on any class in this meta. If you're north of 25k and OK with running between 27k~30k health, you're probably in a good spot. I prefer 28k~29k on my Argonian MagNB.

20-22k Health is not enough time to react.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 15, 2018 2:37PM
  • lionofjudah7
    lionofjudah7
    ✭✭✭
    Premise

Race
    Argonian - Don't get cute, its the best mageblade race, it offers the most sustain and the healing bonuses are great and this build can take advantage of the added HP bonus as well.

Dark elf master race

Dark elf and argonian are the scum races of tamriel . High elf master race
  • kaithuzar
    kaithuzar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You guys are forgetting one very important aspect of a fight.
    "Don't get hit"
    If you have a cancer build & I have burst, but you can't hit me; I win.
    Stealth, dodge, meridia's blessing can all counter this cancer.

I prefer being good with stealth, I also prefer to debuff you with riposte & have 20k unbuffed resistances.
    Typically cancer isn't killing players with 1 move/ability/proc, it's the combination; so if I debuff you with riposte; GG
    Member of:
    Fantasia - osh kosh b-josh
    Just Chill - Crown's house
    GoldCloaks - Durruthy test server penga
    Small Meme Guild - Mano's house

Former member of:
    Legend - Siffer fan boy club
    TKO (tamriel knight's order) - free bks
    Deviance - Leonard's senche tiger
    Purple - hamNchz is my hero
    Eight Divines - myrlifax stop playing final fantasy
    WKB (we kill bosses) - turd where you go?
    Arcance Council - Klytz Kommander
    World Boss - Mike & Chewy gone EP
    M12 (majestic twelve) - cult of the loli zerg