The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Clockwork Sload - No stealth Mageblade. Meta Harder, Max Cheese.

• Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns

Made the build

First fight 2v7 against a full 750 team including a healbot and dedicated snipe spammer.

Very balance

12/10

Much approve.

Those are the types of fights I find interesting, taking on numbers that should easily win.

I know the build is cheesy, but in a 1v5 or 2v9it gives you an opportunity that wouldn’t exist otherwise.

Also, the old adage that you can’t 1vX good players sorta disappears when you’re running something like this. I’ve had success killing 2-3 players who I previously couldn’t consistently win duels against.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Lexxypwns

Made the build

First fight 2v7 against a full 750 team including a healbot and dedicated snipe spammer.

Very balance

12/10

Much approve.

Those are the types of fights I find interesting, taking on numbers that should easily win.

I know the build is cheesy, but in a 1v5 or 2v9it gives you an opportunity that wouldn’t exist otherwise.

Also, the old adage that you can’t 1vX good players sorta disappears when you’re running something like this. I’ve had success killing 2-3 players who I previously couldn’t consistently win duels against.

Honestly best part is the duroks, it actually gives me a chance of killing players even if there is a 30k healbot or two with them.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns is there any gameplay of this build?
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Lexxypwns is there any gameplay of this build?

Sorry bud, I really don’t have time to produce content for entertainment purposes.

I really just posted this build to give people an example of the type of builds that are allowing small scale/solo play to still thrive. I see a lot of people saying solo/small scale is dead and I just wanted to disabuse people of that notion.

I also wanted to just tell people that it’s ok not to handicap yourself, run whatever is best, even if it’s cheese
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    All good. I’ll be setting it up this evening, looking forward to it.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In zone chat over the weekend, I overheard a guy complaining about Durok's/Zaan/Sloads. One other guy mentions health/health recovery to counter it, I agreed with him. Posted the Clockwork Citrus Recipe in chat and got 2 pms about how to acquire it.

When the map isn't being active, I use that time to go fishing for perfect roe. Got around 10 over the weekend just taking 20 minutes here and there to go fishing in areas where fights aren't likely to break out.
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Running TK and lingering pots, I can effectively ignore sloads, but defile is a brutal SOB. At the same time, its necessary when you run into high healing builds. Befoul might push it too far though.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In zone chat over the weekend, I overheard a guy complaining about Durok's/Zaan/Sloads. One other guy mentions health/health recovery to counter it, I agreed with him. Posted the Clockwork Citrus Recipe in chat and got 2 pms about how to acquire it.

When the map isn't being active, I use that time to go fishing for perfect roe. Got around 10 over the weekend just taking 20 minutes here and there to go fishing in areas where fights aren't likely to break out.

Doesn't duroks counter hp regen though?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yea, the regain is more so to help out with Sload's ticks.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Even with major defile you’ll out-regen a Sload proc
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This build? Hell yea it will. I've put on a HoT at around 7k health and the TK turning on + all the buffs to health regain and you're back to full health in under 2 seconds. It's freaking insane.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

This build? Hell yea it will. I've put on a HoT at around 7k health and the TK turning on + all the buffs to health regain and you're back to full health in under 2 seconds. It's freaking insane.

It’s especially nice if you have the extra stam to dodge cancel a healing ward. You’ll be topped off before they can even seriously pressure your shield
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I also wanted to point something out.

Due to the way you're using willpower in your build. I was brain storming about the other 2, endurance and agility. If you did want more stamina, you could swap your willpower out for either of those. Or another 2pc set piece.

In my researching, I saw why you went with Willpower due to the sheer amount of magicka it gives you for _just_ 2 pieces. But you could also craft something like Torug's Pact and use it's 2pc for spellpower, for example.

It might not be a bad idea to get endurance, agility staves or equipment on the cheap and try messing around with those. Maybe not for this build, but for other build ideas. Willpower, least on my server, is still relatively expensive to get. But just thinking about Agility and endurance and running those opens up some interesting brain storming for other builds!

Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on June 19, 2018 9:55PM
  • VirtualElizabeth
    VirtualElizabeth
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't mind running cheese builds but I also don't want to use a set that may take the path that Viper did. Duroks though, I have been hanging onto for a while. Looks interesting!
    @ElizabethInTamriel
    NA/PC
    Eleanour Masterham - Breton Templar
    Elise Masterham - Breton Magicka Nightblade
    Elinora Valen - Dunmer MagDK
    Elsa Masterham - Breton Mag Warden
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    i don't mind running cheese builds but I also don't want to use a set that may take the path that Viper did. Duroks though, I have been hanging onto for a while. Looks interesting!

Sloads is broken, yes. But it’s not old viper, it’s about 2/3 the damage of old viper and it’s not burst. It’s the most replaceable part of this build as Surge or Caluurion can be just as good and occasionally perform better than Sload.

The real reason I went with Sload over one of those procs is for the max stam. That line of stam let’s me run Clockwork Citrus without giving up Infused jewels
  • flacidstone
    flacidstone
    ✭✭✭
    Any tips for killing mag sorcs. Enjoying the build when fighting anything but a good sorc
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any tips for killing mag sorcs. Enjoying the build when fighting anything but a good sorc

Remember how we used to have to fight sorcs before they got fitted patch after patch? Keep your pressure up, time your burst for when shields are dropping.

It’s really hard to die to mag sorc so try to push your offense.

Ultimately, if he decides to turtle it is going to be a long fight. Open world I just create space with shade and use cripple to control positioning, frustrate them with LoS and fight control until they make a mistake I can capitalize on.
  • Tzayad
    Tzayad
    ✭✭✭
    I've noticed this build has a 50% chance to proc hate tells.
    Beren Tinamion | Nightblade
  • HowlKimchi
    HowlKimchi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    will running wizard's riposte+transmutation+troll king with similar bar setup to yours be good for 1vXs work fine?
    previously @HaruKamui but I outgrew my weeb phase (probably)

PC/NA - EP - Howl Bragi/Howl Kimchi
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    will running wizard's riposte+transmutation+troll king with similar bar setup to yours be good for 1vXs work fine?

Not really, It’ll be less defense and less damage. For a light armor setup you’d want to find a slot for harness/dampen and you’d also need to fit Cloak because no-stealth in light armor is a death sentence.

I’d probably run Bloodspawn over Troll in light and go vamp so you get Undeath passives.
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Got "inspired" today by @Lexxypwns

Created an evil and annoying kite build for small scale Cyro and IC:

c82759d1-aac5-4a5a-839d-d266f267aa92.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=%2F1sAdLhN%2Big3saBgz%2B1EHPCZUqqwKh1cKrDkA0QEpb8%3D

Spell damage hits about 2800, resistances hit about 24000, health recovery hits about 2000.

5 Duroks
    5 Shacklebreaker
    2 Troll King

2H
    Funnel Health
    Forward Momentum
    Crippling Grasp
    Structured Entropy
    Shade
    ULT: Incap

S&B

Double Take
    Dark Cloak
    Fear
    Meditate
    Siphoning Attacks
    ULT: Bolstering Darkness

So much fun!
    Edited by brandonv516 on July 24, 2018 11:49AM
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    I
    Got "inspired" today by @Lexxypwns

Created an evil and annoying kite build for small scale Cyro and IC:

c82759d1-aac5-4a5a-839d-d266f267aa92.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&sr=b&si=DefaultAccess&sig=%2F1sAdLhN%2Big3saBgz%2B1EHPCZUqqwKh1cKrDkA0QEpb8%3D

Spell damage hits about 2800, resistances hit about 24000, health recovery hits about 2000.

5 Duroks
    5 Shacklebreaker
    2 Troll King

2H
    Funnel Health
    Forward Momentum
    Crippling Grasp
    Structured Entropy
    Shade
    ULT: Incap

S&B

Double Take
    Dark Cloak
    Fear
    Meditate
    Siphoning Attacks
    ULT: Bolstering Darkness

So much fun!

People get really cheezed off...I run this with cloak on an Argonian. I just keep banging away until someone flips out. Then just climb a rock and watch,,,laughing.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @brandonv516 I love the use of SnB with Dark Cloak. I also love the way you use the mobility from 2h to mitigate the issues a non-healing ward build will usually have. I’m gonna set this up sometime over the weekend and I’m really excited to try it out
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @brandonv516 I love the use of SnB with Dark Cloak. I also love the way you use the mobility from 2h to mitigate the issues a non-healing ward build will usually have. I’m gonna set this up sometime over the weekend and I’m really excited to try it out

Let me know man! I got a clip to show some kiting - no killing in it but it shows the potential. I'll edit this if I can find it.

Here you go:
    https://youtu.be/0RFAA2WCbB4

I think with Concealed Weapon it could be more offensive but you'd have to play around with it a bit.
    Edited by brandonv516 on July 26, 2018 2:06AM
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Lol you are clearly frustrating the crap out of them! @brandonv516 I play console tho...don't think I can hit buttons that quickly lol.
  • Gorilla
    Gorilla
    ✭✭✭
    Also where is your 3k recovery coming from?
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Lol you are clearly frustrating the crap out of them! @brandonv516 I play console tho...don't think I can hit buttons that quickly lol.

I'm on console. Xbox NA.
    Gorilla wrote: »
    Also where is your 3k recovery coming from?

3x recovery glyphs (1 is infused).
    CP into magicka recovery.
    6 Light armor.
    Shacklebreaker has magicka recovery bonus.
    Captured a Flag in IC

Not sure what else.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @brandonv516 I just now noticed the name.

Priceless!
    Edited by Merlin13KAGL on July 26, 2018 12:58PM
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So much fun!

I love your toons name LOL
  • Metemsycosis
    Metemsycosis
    ✭✭✭✭

Let me know man! I got a clip to show some kiting - no killing in it but it shows the potential. I'll edit this if I can find it.

Here you go:
    https://youtu.be/0RFAA2WCbB4

I think with Concealed Weapon it could be more offensive but you'd have to play around with it a bit.

That's meditate in action too. Ridiculously good there.
    Terethea Magdalena, Breton Nightblade
    A Dark-Adapted Eye, Imperial Necromancer

sanguinare vampiris

https://m.twitch.tv/amcrenshaw/profile