The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Artaeum and Moridunon ?

Ajaxandriel
Ajaxandriel
✭✭✭✭✭
So let's look at the map of Artaeum. Its shape is a rounded triangle, like the Ceporah basis

artaeu10.jpg

Once you're there, you find out that all the south-west coast is unreachable. In fact, all the southwestern half of the island is hidden by mountains. With buildings...

I was wondering... Dear spoilers : do we happen to visit this part later in the Summerset story ?

Anyway, this would make an awesome place as homestead for a "Artaeum Surreal Estate" or "Artaeum Observatory" :p

Moreover, don't you notice this stange part of lands with buildings, bottom left of the map ?!

Is this the hidden Ogre Continent of Dr...ERRR wrong universe sorry

Could this be the legendary isle of Moridunon and what we see on it, would be the manor of Potansa ?

This would explain why this altmer kingdom/kin-dom was seen as the place to be to get to Artaeum before it left Nirn.
https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Galerion_the_Mystic

According to https://elderscrolls.wikia.com/wiki/Fragment:_On_Artaeum ...Artaeum should be south of it, but who knows !

Who cares about cardinal points when you moved your isle outside of reality anyway ! :lol:

Another hypothesis: Runcibae that is a city on "mainland" east of Artaeum. Some may think "Tamriel Mainland", but why not "Summerset Mainland"?...

Yet, again, Runcibae should not be southwest of Artaeum, but again, that would not be the first inconsistency

And I'd really like to learn more about this(ese) hidden island(s) anyway !

Someone ? a clue ? ZoS maybe ? ^^
TESO:Triskelion - forum RP, guilde francophone
Ajaxandriel - haut-elfe gardien 50 ;
Altarya - haute-elfe templière 50 ;
Angelith - elfe des bois gardienne 50 ;
Antarius Scorpio - impérial chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Artémidore de Corbeaulieu - bréton lame noire 50 ;
Azothos Sadras - elfe noir sorcier 50 ;
Celestras - haut-elfe sorcier 50 ;
Diluviatar - elfe des mers sorcier 50 ;
Dorguldun gro-Arash - orque sorcier 50 ;
Hjarnar - nordique sorcier 50 ;
Jendaya al-Gilane - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Sabbathnazar Ullikummi - elfe noir chevalier-dragon 50 ;
Selvaryn Virotès - elfe noire lame noire 50 ;
Tahajmi - khajiit sorcière 50 ;
Telernil - haut-elfe templier 50 ;
Zadzadak - gobelin nécromancien 50 ;
Zandoga - rougegarde chevalier-dragon 50
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Don't get your hopes up for a viable explanation; too much of Summerset's interesting lore got washed away in a flood of retcons because Zenimex liked their vision of a boring, 'familiar' Summerset better than what was actually in the lore prior. That said:
    IIRC there is a tiny stretch of beach you visit later in the main quest. That's all; the rest is inaccessible. In fact if you look at your map you can see that stretch of road on the southeast side.

I had figured the mini island was the College of Sapiarchs for some reason, but the outline is different.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works

PC/NA ROLLBACKS AND BAN NOTIFICATIONS ANNOUNCEMENT.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I saw this tiny (and a bit insignificant) part few minutes after I wrote this haha

So one can assume the college and all the relic storage is under these buildings in the mountains. A flavour text in loadscreen explains that the island was more populated once, and many places of Artaeum seems unoccupied now.
    (a fine clue for future homestead ? :smile: )

And I thought about the Sapiarchs also, maybe because the portal thing in Lillandril ... But as you noticed, it has not the same shape

It would be a nice hint for Potansa so, let's keep hope ^^

• Stygies_VIII
    Actually, the architecture of Ceporah is exactly what Altmeri architecture is, so I don't think Artaeum is a washed down version. It has some nice artifacts and Psijic lore, so I'm happy with it.

If they played a trick and simply became invisible or dissapeared in another way, but really they are still where the island used to be, then that'd be possible. The darkest place is under the lighthouse, right?

Moridunon, in turn, is theorized to be another name for Auridon. Who knows, really, since that was not confirmed.

In my opinion, if that's anything, it's probably Runcibae. We haven't heard of any Moridunon kings in ESO, unless that's really Auridon.
    The Imperial Library - Assistant Librarian
    Polish The Elder Scrolls Wiki - Bureaucrat
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Magnifique ! *-*

Awesome findings mate
    Indeed it would be an awesomely insane new homestead !!
    (But they have to reach up the item limit to 1400 if they even consider to sell this :lol: )

I'm not certain this will be a house but your point about the water TP pad makes sense. Or it could be a cut content or a draft for a future DLC...

Anyway some lore about the island(s) off Artaeum would be lovely, even for an estate.

Let's imagine the flavor text !

"Moridunon was known as the nearest islet off Artaeum, thus the best way to get there from Summerset. But the kings of Potansa have slumped for long, since the Psijics moved their land out of Nirn. Now you can claim their long-forgotten insular kingdom."
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on June 6, 2018 10:55AM
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    New Homes
    There are two new homes to test during this PTS cycle.
    • Hunter’s Glade: An underground entrance way leads through a portal to an expansive forested glade in Hircine's Oblivion realm of The Hunting Grounds. Those "blessed" with lycanthropy can maintain werewolf form indefinitely in this otherworldly wilderness.
    • Grand Psijic Villa: When Artaeum was "removed" from Tamriel, a few neighboring isles went with it, including the site of the Grand Psijic Villa, a monumental estate with magnificent views of the south coast of the main island.

He he he it was close!

So Moridunon may still be lost lorewise But there are these isles still
    Could it be one among them? Or Potansa is definiteley "somewhere else"?... @ZOS_Lawrence_Schick
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on July 11, 2018 5:09PM
  • ArcVelarian
    ArcVelarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The island on the bottom left corner is going to be a gigantic player house.
    Murphy's Law of PvP : If it can be abused and or exploited, it will be abused and or exploited.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes. I wonder who ever built such a palace, or who ruled it/them
    Edited by Ajaxandriel on July 23, 2018 11:02AM
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Actually, the architecture of Ceporah is exactly what Altmeri architecture is, so I don't think Artaeum is a washed down version. It has some nice artifacts and Psijic lore, so I'm happy with it.

If they played a trick and simply became invisible or dissapeared in another way, but really they are still where the island used to be, then that'd be possible. The darkest place is under the lighthouse, right?

Moridunon, in turn, is theorized to be another name for Auridon. Who knows, really, since that was not confirmed.

In my opinion, if that's anything, it's probably Runcibae. We haven't heard of any Moridunon kings in ESO, unless that's really Auridon.

Ceporah tower wasn't made by the Altmer though, right? It was there before they settled the island as I recall. This is subjective of course, but it seems to be a running theme that, if it looks cool, the Altmer didn't do it XD

As for Moridunon, this was the original name for Auridon according to various pre-ESO sources. I think Zenimax just didn't read the books at that time and didn't know it already had a name.

It's similar to how, early in development, house Indoril's banner was going to be a wolf, even though wolves don't generally live in Morrowind. This is just a little error that they didn't catch, and they ran with it.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • CyberSkooma
    CyberSkooma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't get your hopes up for a viable explanation; too much of Summerset's interesting lore got washed away in a flood of retcons because Zenimex liked their vision of a boring, 'familiar' Summerset better than what was actually in the lore prior.

Couldn't have said it better.
    I play this game a little bit I guess
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    psychotrip wrote: »

Ceporah tower wasn't made by the Altmer though, right? It was there before they settled the island as I recall. This is subjective of course, but it seems to be a running theme that, if it looks cool, the Altmer didn't do it XD

As for Moridunon, this was the original name for Auridon according to various pre-ESO sources. I think Zenimax just didn't read the books at that time and didn't know it already had a name.

It's similar to how, early in development, house Indoril's banner was going to be a wolf, even though wolves don't generally live in Morrowind. This is just a little error that they didn't catch, and they ran with it.

Moridunon sounds sort of like Auridon so they problem changed the name to sound cooler and make it roll off the tongue easier. Personally if it is retconned into Auridon I like the change
  • psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

Moridunon sounds sort of like Auridon so they problem changed the name to sound cooler and make it roll off the tongue easier. Personally if it is retconned into Auridon I like the change

Yeah, it's definitely not on my list of "things that killed my love of the Altmer". I was just trying to explain what likely happened.
    No one is saying there aren't multiple interpretations of the lore, and we're not arguing that ESO did it "wrong".

We're arguing that they decided to go for the most boring, mundane, seen-before interpretation possible. Like they almost always do, unless they can ride on the coat-tails of past games.
  • Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they did'nt.
    Some hints let us think it is Sload building - water magic, "seashell" style, and moreover similar construct appear in the sload's mind construct by the end of the Summerset Tutorial scenario

I don't mind if Moridunon being today's Auridon have been retconned as a name, but still, it could be added somehow as a new place, or a subzone :p
    (Fun enough to mention, "Auridon" is localized as "Auridia" in the french version, it sounds even better)

And that doesn't adress the mystery of the fate of the kingdom of Potansa X)
    Or would it be retconned as the aldmeri name of "Firsthold" (/"Prime-tenure") then?

• psychotrip
    psychotrip
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, they did'nt.
    Some hints let us think it is Sload building - water magic, "seashell" style, and moreover similar construct appear in the sload's mind construct by the end of the Summerset Tutorial scenario

Ugh. This just makes me so sad for so many reasons. It just feels like Zenimax hates the Altmer sometimes, and want to make sure that they remain as boring and unjustified in their arrogance as possible.

• Ajaxandriel
    Ajaxandriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be honest I can't certify the Sloads build it, except those hints ....maybe it was the Aldmer / Ehlnofey ancestors who did, and the mind picture in the introduction was just based on actual Ceporah Tower that K'Tora knew somehow...
    Apherius wrote: »

This deserves a "up!"
    Enventually it's happening! :smiley:

(and the house can be visited on live server already, from Artaeum college)