The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Crown Store House, S-W of Artæum (Screenshots)

• Countdownical
    Countdownical
    ✭✭✭
    God, that looks awesome! I would love a house like that <3

o9g8oxiujgdi.gif
    Edited by Countdownical on June 10, 2018 1:30AM
    @Countdownical Experienced High-End Raider - PC EU - Here since Feb 27, 2014.

Lead of Flipping Coins - Rawl'kha, Reaper's March.
    Lead of Rolling Coins - Belkarth, Craglorn.
    Lead of Shining Coins - Elden Root, Grahtwood.

All are TRADE Guilds. Contact me for invites!
  • Futerko
    Futerko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    omg, this view is incredible. If this house really will be for sale, I will definitely buy it.84cs2788dvhx.jpg

YOUTUBE CHANNEL HOUSING/OUTFITS

GM Aetherius Art - Housing Guild (PC EU)
  • DaveMoeDee
    DaveMoeDee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JJBoomer wrote: »
    Aurelle1 wrote: »
    Apherius wrote: »

Oh, between, i know that it's going to be a CS house because the structure and the passage leading to it are already there ( just look at the second series of screens), + there is not quest leading there + it's obvious, isn't it ?

I think you are jumping to conclusions.

I actually think it's a pretty fair conclusion. In the Psijic College, there is a doorway that leads to an "Artaeum Beach" but says that you can not use this door right now. And no quest ever leads us through that door. I think it's a logical conclusion that that door leads to the tele-pool to the island depicted in the screenshots.

That, or I'll concede it could be a future DLC area.

But given ZOS's recent agenda with monetization. I think it's probably 95% likely this will be a mansion type home along with the Grotto.

DLC never requires chapters though, so a door in a chapter zone can't be required to access DLC.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With July's Crown Showcase coming out in 10 days or so, it would be nice if this house (or one like it) would be made available.
    The grotto is sort of nice, though the shipwrecks ruin the ambiance. A proper Altmer manor like the potential house in this thread would make an amazing addition to the game, and would give those of us looking for a real house on Summerset (or Artaeum) a chance to have just that.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance of some sort of comment on this space as a possible house in the future?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Earrindo wrote: »
    With July's Crown Showcase coming out in 10 days or so, it would be nice if this house (or one like it) would be made available.
    The grotto is sort of nice, though the shipwrecks ruin the ambiance. A proper Altmer manor like the potential house in this thread would make an amazing addition to the game, and would give those of us looking for a real house on Summerset (or Artaeum) a chance to have just that.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom any chance of some sort of comment on this space as a possible house in the future?

July's crown showcase ? Hum i don't think, it will probably be the grotto cause this was the only CS house we were able to visit on the PTS.
    Edited by Apherius on June 21, 2018 5:24PM
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Tell your team of all the homesteads to date, THIS IS THE ONE that I'd throw crown cash at. Lmao. :)
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    At this point, I guess I will just hold out hope that it opens up for touring at least during the Wolf Hunter PTS cycle.

Without any confirmation about this house, I just dont see anything on the horizon, house wise, I am interested in. Which is a shame, as my current main home is nearly full and I was looking forward to decorating a place like this.
  • Tiller
    Tiller
    Is this really going to be a thing? or is this just more theory crafting? Any shots of the interior?
  • Strifur
    Strifur
    ✭✭
    I wasn't too sure if I liked it at first, but zooming in and looking at it closely - wow! Really hope this is actually a home that will become available. Would love to see more screenshots! Thanks for sharing this!
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has ZOS given us any hints when actual guild houses will be added? Maybe this is the first in a new line of guild housing?
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They just cost so much for so little... If we could have a guilds worth of players there sure but empty for 100 bucks even Npcs moving around doing things would help...

But no cannot justify 100 on an empty area.
  • LadyDestiny
    LadyDestiny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was what I was hoping for instead of that stupid grotto. <3
  • agegarton
    agegarton
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I’m not convinced it’s a house. In my opinion, I think it looks more like a potential new group dungeon - maybe one of the next / future dungeon DLCs will be Psijic themed ?
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is incredibly unlikely. There is nothing that is even remotely dungeon-esque about this house. They also, as has been previously stated, would never make the entrance to a dungeon or dlc in the bounds of a chapter.

We will all find out for sure, I suspect, on Monday when Wolfhunter goes onto the pts.

I am hoping fervently it is this house and a hircine/wild hunt themed tree house that are put up to be released alongside the dungeon dlc.
  • virtus753
    virtus753
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    They also, as has been previously stated, would never make the entrance to a dungeon or dlc in the bounds of a chapter.

While I suspect you're right about this particular structure not being a dungeon, ZOS has already put entrances to dungeons within the bounds of a chapter: both Halls of Fabrication and Cloudrest. (Trials are dungeons, and even if ZOS meant 4-man Undaunted dungeons, there's no real difference when it comes to content being locked away behind chapters and dlc, which has been the case for years now.) Unless one does not count Morrowind or Summerset as chapters, of course, in which case ESO has no chapters and ZOS' statement is therefore meaningless. To push the point even further, technically the entrance to the territory of Morrowind (now a DLC) was locked behind the chapter called Morrowind for a year. The point being I'm not quite sure we should be putting much stock in what ZOS has to say about this sort of thing, given their now well-established pattern of retracting and redefining things to suit the evolution of their business model.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »
    They also, as has been previously stated, would never make the entrance to a dungeon or dlc in the bounds of a chapter.

While I suspect you're right about this particular structure not being a dungeon, ZOS has already put entrances to dungeons within the bounds of a chapter: both Halls of Fabrication and Cloudrest. (Trials are dungeons, and even if ZOS meant 4-man Undaunted dungeons, there's no real difference when it comes to content being locked away behind chapters and dlc, which has been the case for years now.) Unless one does not count Morrowind or Summerset as chapters, of course, in which case ESO has no chapters and ZOS' statement is therefore meaningless. To push the point even further, technically the entrance to the territory of Morrowind (now a DLC) was locked behind the chapter called Morrowind for a year. The point being I'm not quite sure we should be putting much stock in what ZOS has to say about this sort of thing, given their now well-established pattern of retracting and redefining things to suit the evolution of their business model.

I don't think this person was talking about dungeon/trial locked behind dlc or chapter, but about the fact they never add this type of content to a dlc/chapter once it's released.

The only thing they added to old-Dlc is CS houses ( see linchal castle ? ).
    Edited by Apherius on July 7, 2018 8:43PM
  • Wildberryjack
    Wildberryjack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ugh, no, too big and not the right style. I want a house that looks like the Psijics base on Artaeum. I love the inside of that place, all the blue lighting running up the walls, pools for getting from section to section, stuff floating everywhere. Feels very magicky. I'd throw my money at THAT.
    The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls. ~Pablo Picasso
  • Arbit
    Arbit
    ✭✭✭✭
    i only want it if its limited edition... otherwise ill stay in tel galen o3o
    Argonian Master Race
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    virtus753 wrote: »

HoF and CR are both associated content with the chapter. So of course the entrance is in the bounds of its associated chapter.
    But dungeon DLC always have their entrances in the base game. Wolfhunter dungeons are entered in Greenshade and Reapers March, for example.

I would be very surprised if this wasnt a house location. Before the beta for summerset even began, many people were asking for a house on Artaeum. My guess is they didnt think about that beforehand, and added this one in quite late in the process.

After seeing Ceporah Tower in person, I am quite certain we will never see a fully Psijic style house, as that is a unique, single resource, as opposed to a tileset. So a large, Alinor styled manor and the timeworn ruins is pretty much the best we can hope for. The Psijic portal element for entering is probably the best they could do.
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New Homes
    There are two new homes to test during this PTS cycle.
    • Hunter’s Glade: An underground entrance way leads through a portal to an expansive forested glade in Hircine's Oblivion realm of The Hunting Grounds. Those "blessed" with lycanthropy can maintain werewolf form indefinitely in this otherworldly wilderness.
    • Grand Psijic Villa: When Artaeum was "removed" from Tamriel, a few neighboring isles went with it, including the site of the Grand Psijic Villa, a monumental estate with magnificent views of the south coast of the main island.

oh, Really ?! :open_mouth:
    Edited by Apherius on July 9, 2018 8:06PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    New Homes
    There are two new homes to test during this PTS cycle.
    • Hunter’s Glade: An underground entrance way leads through a portal to an expansive forested glade in Hircine's Oblivion realm of The Hunting Grounds. Those "blessed" with lycanthropy can maintain werewolf form indefinitely in this otherworldly wilderness.
    • Grand Psijic Villa: When Artaeum was "removed" from Tamriel, a few neighboring isles went with it, including the site of the Grand Psijic Villa, a monumental estate with magnificent views of the south coast of the main island.

we love you for uncovering this early, Since you were the one to make this thread you should do a video tour
  • Strifur
    Strifur
    ✭✭
    Awesome news! Can't wait to see more!
  • Leogon
    Leogon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nothing to see here, just another gigantic crown-only house with too much space for the item limit.
  • Earrindo
    Earrindo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I checked it out this morning.
    It truly is massive, but absolutely stunning. Waterfalls and pools everywhere, it seems to share the layout of the palace in Alinor. There is a huge main chamber and two suites, one to either side of the hall, which are entered via doors.
    There is a chamber behind the central said that has stairs down to a pool with a large area in front of it.

The huge wooden built in bookcases are in one of the two side tower rooms, but not the other. It is very well lit overall with lots of windows.

The exterior is a little labyrinthine, but not overly so. There are waterfalls and pools to either side of the Manor itself, with several tiers of courtyards and patios.

The only real issue I have is the ruined bits. There's not too many, thankfully, but the doorway from the chamber behind the throne platform to the great Hall seems unnecessarily crumbled. It would be nice if the interior at least was totally intact.
    There is also a patio area to either side of and above the entrance portal (a psijiic styled pool portal) and it seems that a crumbled gap in the collonade is the passage between that patio and the inner courtyards. That seemed a bit lame to me, but should be fixable with a few of the timeworn architectural furnishings.

Overall it is everything I hoped for, and is exactly the sort of home I wanted to purchase in Summerset.
    I am sure there will be many folks who will cite this house as another reason we need more housing slots.
    While I certainly don't disagree, I feel like a space like this invites an absence of clutter, and an emphasis on spacing and placement of specific furnishings.

I am very much looking forward to purchasing and decorating this behemoth. It will make a wonderful new home, now that my Tel Galen is at 691/700 hehe
  • TonyRockaroni
    TonyRockaroni
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen the house in videos on YouTube, and I am definitely glad that I didn't get the grotto now! XD

But..what's the deal with the tower off to the side? It seems like it's only there for decoration. Which, to me, doesn't seem very practical? I mean, if it's only going to be for decoration, I really don't see the purpose of having buildings you can't enter. Unless it's only in the picture and not on the island in-game.
    gPczEF2.jpg
    Is that tower there in-game? If not, my bad. But if it is, then...why? Just to make the place SEEM bigger? XP
    Edited by TonyRockaroni on July 10, 2018 10:14AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I want this very badly. But if they release it as a limited time item right after I've had a household emergency or a medical emergency or something else that eats my entertainment budget I am screwed, which is why I wish they'd just make it a permanently available crowns-only residence. PLEASE, ZOS, for the love of all that's holy. Murphy's Law being what it is, please do not make this a limited time thing.
  • SilentFox22
    SilentFox22
    ✭✭✭
    Absolutely Gorgeous!

My only complaint is the crumbling ruins parts. In the grotto, you could at least remove some of them. These irreparable flaws in the afflicted homesteads really bugged me out of wanting to purchase a few of them, especially Serenity Falls where that one crumbling corner block fell in front of the grand staircase and you couldn't remove it at all. I'd love to see some future option of being able to "repair" these flaws.

Now hopefully this one turns out to be within my budget!
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    I love the place, I thought Erstwhile would be by last and only notable, but this place is almost making me sorry I have Alinor townhouse, I wish I had waited!

Portal to my own private island in Artaeum ? Yes please!
    I LOVE the waterfalls and lotus ponds as well as well placed suites in the rear. The windows in the two front rooms are AMAZING, they are so high and the ceilings though the entire house beautiful. Love the inlaid bookcases and display cases. The main hall is just a stunner, perfect for that large standing Azura statue imo, and the indoor pool in the back is so inviting! Outside we have the multiple stairways down to the ocean that you can swim around in, along with at least 2 good size ponds full of lotus (also lots of swimming spots) with well placed stone paths that let you meander around the many waterfalls with well placed Alinor style tents.

If I have to pass on this I will unhappy, I just wish it was at least 1000 item slots.
    Edited by Dystopia2020 on July 10, 2018 5:08PM
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Tiller
    Tiller
    https://eso.mmo-fashion.com/grand-psijic-villa/

Basically it's Alinor castle, more like a guild hall than a home.

https://youtu.be/SArlH6Jbu90
    Edited by Tiller on July 11, 2018 2:37AM
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    After watching the video I'm convinced it's going to cost something like 30k furnished. O.O