The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Nocturnal or Mephala?

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    I just personally got to this part of the questline, and I gotta say that both Nocturnals' visuals and voice is... surprisingly weak in comparison to both Mephala and Clavicus Vile.

Both Vile and Mephala got a unique menancing model that is true to the tales surrounding them. But Nocturnal? Lets turn her from a beautiful darkness into an overgrown redguard with a metalic-looking dress. Hell, even her statue looks.. surprisingly, far far far better than the actual appearance.

I just kinda wish they would've done something cooler. Even in Skyrim she was fairly bare bones, since she was just a milky-white Nord with a dress that tickled most peoples' sense of arousal.

Hopefully, this is just an oversight and is due for an update, because ZOS have a bloody talent for improving the visual appearances of the Daedric Princes. Look at Molag Bal and Mephala as the biggest examples, so damn vicious, distinct and powerful in appareal. Its honestly a bit of a riddle how plain and boring Nocturnal appears.

EDIT: Also.. is it just me, or did they change Nocturnals voice from Clockwork? In the last encounter, she sounded so sinister and elusive, the creeping darkness that surrounded us. But in Summerset its... nothing of the sort =/

Great input! I agree with that sentiment, which is why I posted this in the first place.

Also, I'd have to play through CWC again and then Summerset to see if it is different. Or someone would have to make a side-by-side voice clip video.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Dracane wrote: »
    That was the terrorplotwist of the century. I didn't expect Nocturnal to be behind everything. I don't understand why she has such a strange voice in ESO and how she is so evil and dominant. She was always considered one of the better Daedra who seek no harm. So all of this came as a big surprise and shock.

All of the daedra are, by nature, neither good nor bad. Nocturnal is no exception.
    They do not have morals like man and mer. Some of them may appear to be mostly good, (Meridia for example) but are doing those deeds for selfish reasons.

The daedra are embodiments of certain aspects, like madness, darkness and secrets, debauchery, or betrayal. If they stopped being that aspect, they wouldn't be themselves and really wouldn't exist. I mean, if you think about it, the daedric princes are just vices made flesh.

That being said, @BigBadVolk I did relish in the irony that Mephala is the daedric prince of betrayal, yet it was Nocturnal that betrayed the Triad.
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.