Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
The PTS is now offline for the patch 10.0.0 maintenance and is currently unavailable.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Nocturnal or Mephala?

JPcrazysquirrel3
JPcrazysquirrel3
✭✭✭✭
Now that Summerset is out, I should be able to post this here.

Sorry, not sorry, but Mephala is hotter than Nocturnal.

Skyrim led me to believe Nocturnal was hotter, but now, I'm not ashamed to say Mephala takes that honor in ESO.16i7crx62yyz.jpg
"Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
"It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
"If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
"Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
"If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
Mayrael wrote: »
Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
I am in a Kevduit video
PS4 (main platform)
--- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
--- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.

Nocturnal or Mephala? 78 votes

Nocturnal
38%
ZelosHurbsterreoskitManwithBeard9mitebaMinalanTazESOWitchyWarriorRebornV3xdday3sixWaffennachtBananaKrainor1974Silver_StriderNordSwordnBoardBaharoth77NevascaMystrius_ArchaionJesQuGaunterODim 30 votes
Mephala
61%
GreevirSteinschlagSpringt-Über-ZwergeAimoraShadowHvoSkayaqDerNachtfalterLaerothKeykalynashigrayGhanima_AtreidesAefionBloodclawDystopia2020XvorgTorbschkaAliyavanaLindsC KandrecarEvilCrocYamiKurukuAztrias 48 votes
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Does nocturnal still look like that in live? If so that's dissapointing that she still looks like a budget cosplayer lol
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 21, 2018 8:00PM
  • GaunterODim
    GaunterODim
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal
    Ravens > Spiders
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    Does nocturnal still look like that in live? If so that's dissapointing that she still looks like a budget cosplayer lol

Lmao, exactly. Also, she's basically bald under that hood.

Can anyone with Summerset on live confirm this as her final look?
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala

You know what's really horrendous? The giant ghost version of her.mg9xr5gi8ofs.png

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Ravens > Spiders

Well, I can't argue with that. I hate spiders. But as far as looks go, I'd rather suffer through having spider pets and dealing with Mephala's spider legs protruding from her back, than Baldilocks.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• dazee
    dazee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nocturnal
    Bald is beautiful.
    Playing your character the way your character should play is all that matters. Play as well as you can but never betray the character. Doing so would make playing an mmoRPG pointless.
  • AefionBloodclaw
    AefionBloodclaw
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Feedback was given on the terrible look for Nocturnal but I guess it was basically ignored as usual.
    'For love, for friendship and for valour, I stand with the Aldmeri Dominion.'

Zephyrle Starbreeze, Bosmer Nightblade
    Aefion Bloodclaw, Bosmer Sorcerer
  • Steinschlag
    Steinschlag
    ✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Mephala. Badass :D
    Bodeus wrote: »
    Gibt bestimmt einige die tanken mit Froststab besser als so mancher Lappen mit Schwert/Schild.
    --NORACTIS--
    --FANATIC HUNTERS--
  • Umariel
    Umariel
    ✭✭
    Nocturnal
    Because she gives you the only item you really need in Oblivion.
  • Slick_007
    Slick_007
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    nocturnal looks like a dude there. just add a few gold chains, with that manly cleavage.
  • KwarcPL
    KwarcPL
    ✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Yes, Nocturnal looks bland in Summerset, while Mephala have one of the most polished models.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal
    Ravens over spiders any day. And lore/idea wise I prefer nocturnal. But in game model and design of mephala is many times better quality then nocturnal. Nocturnals statue in the crates looks good though. Wish I had it.
    Edited by Orticia on May 22, 2018 2:02PM
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I vote the secret Other Option:

Clavicus Vile.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal
    I vote the secret Other Option:

Clavicus Vile.

Oh if I can vote for him too... yeah forget the ladies, I'll pick him too. But I still want nocturnals ravens.
  • PrinceShroob
    PrinceShroob
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought Nocturnal was supposed to be ugly beneath her Cowl?

"...none should laugh outright
    At the Daedra Lord Nocturnal.
    Without her gray Cowl of shadowed Night,
    Her hideous Face forced the Moons
    To hide themselves."

"...To look upon Nocturnal's face without the cowl is to view the depths of the void. A man would lose his mind to see it."

The impression I got from "Song of Hrormir" is that Nocturnal's face is always completely shadowed by her Cowl.
    Edited by PrinceShroob on May 22, 2018 2:43PM
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal
    I thought Nocturnal was supposed to be ugly beneath her Cowl?

"...none should laugh outright
    At the Daedra Lord Nocturnal.
    Without her gray Cowl of shadowed Night,
    Her hideous Face forced the Moons
    To hide themselves."

"...To look upon Nocturnal's face without the cowl is to view the depths of the void. A man would lose his mind to see it."

The impression I got from "Song of Hrormir" is that Nocturnal's face is always completely shadowed by her Cowl.

I would have loved a nocturnal look matching this. She def would have been my favorite here then. I long for character full for female characters instead of the always photo-model-look for woman (men are often a way broader range of looks). Reason I love the crone/crow-woman in eso. Not pretty as in attractive but awesome design. Then again games not often dare to take that route as for some reason prettying up woman seems to be the norm, even if not canon.
  • Itzmichi
    Itzmichi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Lorewise I like both of them as they are quite interesting individuals. But MEPHALA piqued my interest once again back in the days after my first clear of crypt of hearts 2 the dialog pretty much told us she will appear at some point. She looks badass no doubt about it.
    Here, have a chill pill 💊!
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala

You know what's really horrendous? The giant ghost version of her.mg9xr5gi8ofs.png

*Cries in Mufasa*
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Orticia wrote: »
    Ravens over spiders any day. And lore/idea wise I prefer nocturnal. But in game model and design of mephala is many times better quality then nocturnal. Nocturnals statue in the crates looks good though. Wish I had it.

Lore-wise I prefer Nocturnal too, and again, in Skyrim she didn't look bad.

We are finally getting Nocturnal statue furnishings?! It's about damn time! I was disappointed when we didn't get it for CWC.
    (I main on PS4, so I have no idea what's in the crown crates)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• ShadowHvo
    ShadowHvo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    I just personally got to this part of the questline, and I gotta say that both Nocturnals' visuals and voice is... surprisingly weak in comparison to both Mephala and Clavicus Vile.

Both Vile and Mephala got a unique menancing model that is true to the tales surrounding them. But Nocturnal? Lets turn her from a beautiful darkness into an overgrown redguard with a metalic-looking dress. Hell, even her statue looks.. surprisingly, far far far better than the actual appearance.

I just kinda wish they would've done something cooler. Even in Skyrim she was fairly bare bones, since she was just a milky-white Nord with a dress that tickled most peoples' sense of arousal.

Hopefully, this is just an oversight and is due for an update, because ZOS have a bloody talent for improving the visual appearances of the Daedric Princes. Look at Molag Bal and Mephala as the biggest examples, so damn vicious, distinct and powerful in appareal. Its honestly a bit of a riddle how plain and boring Nocturnal appears.

EDIT: Also.. is it just me, or did they change Nocturnals voice from Clockwork? In the last encounter, she sounded so sinister and elusive, the creeping darkness that surrounded us. But in Summerset its... nothing of the sort =/
    Edited by ShadowHvo on May 24, 2018 2:59PM
    Nighren - The Shadow Striker
    Leader of Bloodlines
    -- EU --

Want to roleplay in elder scrolls online? Check out eso-rp.com
  • EvilCroc
    EvilCroc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Mephala, ofc.
    It is like asking what is cooler, Thieves Guild or Dark Brotherhood.
  • SpiderCultist
    SpiderCultist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    As one of the few Mephala worshippers on the forums my answer was obvious.

Now the Morag Tong, who are the real badass assassins on the Elder Scrolls lore, also praise her. They couldn't be wrong.
    PC | EU
    Ashlander and Mephala worshipper.
    "You are just another breed of domestic animal, grazing stupidly while higher beings plot your slaughter."
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    ShadowHvo wrote: »
    I just personally got to this part of the questline, and I gotta say that both Nocturnals' visuals and voice is... surprisingly weak in comparison to both Mephala and Clavicus Vile.

Both Vile and Mephala got a unique menancing model that is true to the tales surrounding them. But Nocturnal? Lets turn her from a beautiful darkness into an overgrown redguard with a metalic-looking dress. Hell, even her statue looks.. surprisingly, far far far better than the actual appearance.

I just kinda wish they would've done something cooler. Even in Skyrim she was fairly bare bones, since she was just a milky-white Nord with a dress that tickled most peoples' sense of arousal.

Hopefully, this is just an oversight and is due for an update, because ZOS have a bloody talent for improving the visual appearances of the Daedric Princes. Look at Molag Bal and Mephala as the biggest examples, so damn vicious, distinct and powerful in appareal. Its honestly a bit of a riddle how plain and boring Nocturnal appears.

EDIT: Also.. is it just me, or did they change Nocturnals voice from Clockwork? In the last encounter, she sounded so sinister and elusive, the creeping darkness that surrounded us. But in Summerset its... nothing of the sort =/

Does nocturnal still look cheap?
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both ugly asf .
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That was the terrorplotwist of the century. I didn't expect Nocturnal to be behind everything. I don't understand why she has such a strange voice in ESO and how she is so evil and dominant. She was always considered one of the better Daedra who seek no harm. So all of this came as a big surprise and shock.
    Edited by Dracane on May 25, 2018 4:02PM
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mephala
    Dracane wrote: »
    That was the terrorplotwist of the century. I didn't expect Nocturnal to be behind everything. I don't understand why she has such a strange voice in ESO and how she is so evil and dominant. She was always considered one of the better Daedra who seek no harm. So all of this came as a big surprise and shock.

Tbh she was more of mysterious never good nor evil, but personally I liked that she has this side too, and tbh not really much expected it, mostly because Mephala and Vile are more keen on betrayal then she is

also looks wise
    Even Veya's final form looks better and menacing then Nocturnal 0W1uVmD.png
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Aebaradath
    Aebaradath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ShadowHvo wrote: »

Does nocturnal still look cheap?
    She still looks like a cheap cosplayer, if that's what you're wondering.
  • Banana
    Banana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal
    Her outfit looked much better in skyrim
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nocturnal
    Mephala hotter? No.
    Mephala more impressive? Arguably yes.

You chose the wrong word there. I'm not very attracted to bugged out eyes and scaly crusty-webbed skin and spider legs out the back.

Nocturnal certainly needs some visual effects for her eyes, at the very least, sort of like how her hands glowed in the scene with the Ritemaster and banishing the other daedra from her realm.

Edit:
    Also, Mephala has permanent RBF just like Dunmer.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 26, 2018 1:53AM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nocturnal
    They both look awful.
    Argonian forever