The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

WARNING: Serious glitches with the Barbarian hair

SydneyGrey
SydneyGrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any word on whether ZOS is going to fix this serious issue with the barbarian hair? There are some glitches with certain costumes. This is that one-shouldered imperial costume, and it's created splotches of the dress's color where there shouldn't be.
Here's a whole thread about it, but it's hidden in the "bug report" section: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5165720/#Comment_5165720
*EDIT* This was fixed in a patch since I started this thread. Thank you ZOS! <3

42329144061_7ef6156c22_o.png

28456344478_f744a3b87b_o.png

42329144371_89438034e0_o.png

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 20, 2018 11:15PM
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yes mine is the same... wasted 1k crowns on it sadly.. and that pink lipstick ruins the face tattoo..
  • Blutengel
    Blutengel
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah it looks horrible. Ill wait for a fix before I use it.
    Time for reckless audacity and derring-do!~
    Crow-Friend Warden
    Najara the Crusader Templar
    Thomasin the Witch Necro
    R.I.P Vet ranks...
  • ArtCommissions
    ArtCommissions
    ✭✭✭
    ***, I just bought it...
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That's the last time I buy a hair or costume on release day. They've been releasing too many items that have issues lately.
  • Radiance
    Radiance
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mine does the same on a number of costumes. I want more long, flowing hairstyles but not like this... it Looks like a serious case of bed head box hair. I wish they put more effort into hair graphics, the character aesthetic aspects of the game are my favorite part...
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    Is there any word on whether ZOS is going to fix this serious issue with the barbarian hair? There are some glitches with certain costumes. This is that one-shouldered imperial costume, and it's created splotches of the dress's color where there shouldn't be.
    Here's a whole thread about it, but it's hidden in the "bug report" section: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/5165720/#Comment_5165720

42329144061_7ef6156c22_o.png

28456344478_f744a3b87b_o.png

42329144371_89438034e0_o.png

This is actually an issue with the three female Imperial costumes. It happens with these costumes and the Adorable Assassin hair too.

I've been reporting it fairly regularly since the day that hair style dropped, but I'm convinced the problem is actually with those three costumes (the colour on the hair bleeds from whatever colour they're dyed).
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • Viscous119
    Viscous119
    ✭✭✭
    I bought the Nord hairstyle pack, and I'm really upset with the way it looks. It looks like she is wearing TWO wigs. Zenimax, someone should be confirming that the product you put up on the CROWN STORE is what was shown. It is very misleading to show the Nord hair on the store when it does not look that way in game. Btw, the Nord hair is glitched with other costumes as well.
  • RANKK7
    RANKK7
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, this item displays all kind of weirdness, alpha channels clusterf... paired with some costumes and it has bad shades too but I was totally expecting all this just from the datamined pic.

I bought it because it's long hair and because the whole pack that came at a fairly decent price (for zos pricing) but really it's not a product that should have been put on the market as it is and they got away with it for the low price (being included in a four-five items pack).
    lll
    "I really don't know who the **** came off with this change. Definitely somebody who does not play the game, that's for sure".
    lll
  • duendology
    duendology
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I so looked forward to this. I previewed the hairstyle on a few of my characters..and all of them looked like they had, I don't know what...but not.....hair.

Pass.
    PC/NA
    - Redguard StamBlade dps ["bowtard" crafty girl who likes spinning with daggers too.]
    - Breton SorcMag dps [She's got an identity crisis, but I believe in her.]
    - Dunmer Templar dps/healer [she's a healer, then again she likes inferno staff too...]
    And..
    - High Elf SorcMag dps [It's quite possible his daddy was a Nord.]

I am an old-fashioned Goth
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    duendology wrote: »
    I so looked forward to this. I previewed the hairstyle on a few of my characters..and all of them looked like they had, I don't know what...but not.....hair.

Pass.

I agree. I really dislike this hair and, honestly, it's keeping my from purchasing the pack. I like a couple of the items, but the hair is just very poor quality. I don't want to reward ZOS with my crowns when something as bad as that hair is included.

I previewed it on ALL of my characters and even with completely different face structures, it didn't look good on a single one.
    Edited by heaven13 on May 30, 2018 6:06PM
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
    IT DOESN'T MATTER BECAUSE THEY'RE ALL THE SAME NOW, THANKS ZOS
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is actually an issue with the three female Imperial costumes. It happens with these costumes and the Adorable Assassin hair too.
    I have the Adorable Assassin hair and never noticed it causing any glitches. Maybe I'll load my game up and look again. It might just be that it wasn't obvious enough for me to notice.
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Adorable Assassin hair and never noticed it causing any glitches. Maybe I'll load my game up and look again. It might just be that it wasn't obvious enough for me to notice.

Try it with the three female Imperial costumes. You're looking for colouring on the tips. It's exactly the same issue as this hair, but it's less noticeable because it's shorter (it's right on the tips). It looks to me like a problem with those costumes having used the same underlying mesh (obviously the fancy one has an extra shoulder and arms). It's like there are some vertices that should've been deleted that are rigged for a texture, and the hair texture is sticking to them and being influenced by the colour the costumes are dyed.

Someone else in this thread said there was a problem with the Nord hair too. Does anyone know if it's with these same three costumes (that's the one hair I don't have).

That aside, I actually like this hair :hushed: It looks like a bed head. Anyone who says it doesn't look real is basically saying my hair is fake because it looks exactly like it :smiley: D
    Currently obsessed with battlegrounds. Spamming here between rounds. Sometimes, when forums are particularly good, I skip ballerina around*

*autocorrected nonsense, but it sounds amusing enough to me that I've taken up ballet
  • weedgenius
    weedgenius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was running behind someone who had this hair and a costume on and it looked terrible :disappointed: Totally stringy and sectioned weird
    PS4 NA
    Better Homes & Gardens
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    I love the way this hairstyle looks with a hat on! Like the crown of misrule for example. It looks so much better with the crown on. I wouldn’t mind having the hairstyle it changes to when you apply the hat. It dramatically changes.

I tried adding a picture but apparently I don’t know what I’m doing so it’s not popping up lol.

https://screenshotscontent-d2001.xboxlive.com/xuid-2533274831759189-private/62f7c2d0-2410-448e-9973-a1fc834d030e.PNG?sv=2015-12-11&amp;sr=b&amp;si=DefaultAccess&amp;sig=wBOmwdgFG0HlMZ2Iq0pYLlG0rafgnPZl1Ee4los13cg=
    Edited by lishybach on May 31, 2018 6:13PM
  • ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lishybach wrote: »
    I love the way this hairstyle looks with a hat on! Like the crown of misrule for example. It looks so much better with the crown on. I wouldn’t mind having the hairstyle it changes to when you apply the hat. It dramatically changes.

could you post a pic
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    ixie wrote: »
    lishybach wrote: »

could you post a pic
    I’m trying but I don’t know what I’m doing wrong :(
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    I tried again lol
    Edited::: I added the link to my first post. Couldn’t get it to work.
    Edited by lishybach on May 31, 2018 6:14PM
  • heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @lishybach upload to somewhere like imgur or Flickr, then you'd post it here using the img tags and the link you got from that site. Whatever you posted above downloaded to my phone and is trying to alter one of my apps, so it's not a link to a png or jpg
    PC/NA
    Mountain God | Leave No Bone Unbroken | Apex Predator | Pure Lunacy | Depths Defier | No Rest for the Wicked | In Defiance of Death
    Defanged the Devourer | Nature's Wrath | Relentless Raider | True Genius | Bane of Thorns | Subterranean Smasher | Ardent Bibliophile

vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vDSA | vMoL HM | vHoF HM | vAS+2 | vCR+2 | vBRP | vSS HM | vKA | vRG
    Meet my characters :
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just the Imperial costumes. This is one of the costumes you get as a reward for doing all the Wrothgar quests. On the left is how the costume is supposed to look. On the right, with the Barbarian hair.

41761078474_e85ff6d511_o.png

• ixie
    ixie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thanks for the pic @lishybach it does look great with a hat
    PC EU

Ixie - Breton Nightblade
    Paints-With-Frogs - Argonian Nightblade
    Swee Troll - Crafter Dragonknight
  • lishybach
    lishybach
    ✭✭
    heaven13 wrote: »
    @lishybach upload to somewhere like imgur or Flickr, then you'd post it here using the img tags and the link you got from that site. Whatever you posted above downloaded to my phone and is trying to alter one of my apps, so it's not a link to a png or jpg

Oh no! I’m sorry :/
    Here we go. I think I figured it out. Sorry about that.
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/140602769@N06/shares/o1dM19
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    weedgenius wrote: »
    I was running behind someone who had this hair and a costume on and it looked terrible :disappointed: Totally stringy and sectioned weird

In the early 90s that was a fashionable look :D People put a lot of effort into looking like they didn't care.
    It's not just the Imperial costumes. This is one of the costumes you get as a reward for doing all the Wrothgar quests. On the left is how the costume is supposed to look. On the right, with the Barbarian hair.

41761078474_e85ff6d511_o.png

Interesting. So it could be an issue with the hair after all. Or with the Imperial costumes and the Wrothgar costume. Or combinations thereof.

So far we have the Wrothgar and 3 female Imperial costumes, and the Barbarian, Brassy Assassin and Nord hair. What is the Nord hair? Is it the Pact Veteran one? What costumes does it glitch with?

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting. So it could be an issue with the hair after all.
    It is 100% an issue with the hair. I have (I think) every hair that's ever been done for ESO, and NONE of them glitch like this with multiple costumes.

Any indication this is being fixed yet, ZOS?

Edited by SydneyGrey on June 1, 2018 8:06PM
  • MarbleQuiche
    MarbleQuiche
    ✭✭✭
    Interesting. So it could be an issue with the hair after all.
    It is 100% an issue with the hair. I have (I think) every hair that's ever been done for ESO, and NONE of them glitch like this with multiple costumes.

Any indication this is being fixed yet, ZOS?

I'm leaning towards 50/50 costume/hair. Once you get meshes into a rendering engine all sorts of funky conflicts can occur.

I wouldn't hold your breath on fixes unless it becomes a very loud player protest. They've done nothing with the Brassy Assassin hair and they've told them plenty of times :D

Does the Nord hair really glitch too? I've tried it out and can't recreate. Barbarian and Brassy Assassin makes sense - the former appears to be a modded version of the former. Curiously, the Barbarian with a hat on doesn't glitch (at least not for me).

• heaven13
    heaven13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @lishybach you're right. It does look completely better with a hat. It's a totally different hair!
    PC/NA

Meet my characters :
  • misslexinub19_ESO
    Also has clipping issues on the Redguard head mesh. Not just alpha channel issues - the mesh clips into the left side of the face.
  • AlphaWolfBeast
    AlphaWolfBeast
    Soul Shriven
    I have the same issue with the hair with the pirate costume!
  • ghastley
    ghastley
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I suspect is that it's an issue with two meshes using transparency being overlaid. In the TES games, that would often result in one of the two effectively losing the alpha channel effect. If those outfits are using alpha masking to determine the edge of the cloth, and the hair mesh doing the same to fringe the ends, one or the other would not happen.

It can be avoided in the construction of the meshes, but only if you do it in advance, and on both pieces. Since the hair is new, even if they got it right, some older clothing will trigger the effect. Again, the clothing items were fine at the time they were created, because nothing else overlapped in that way. It only shows up later, when they can come together. You need a huge number of users to try all the combinations.
  • alenae1b14_ESO
    alenae1b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    The hair is too pricey for how glitchy it is. If there was an indication it would be improved, I might buy it.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wanted to buy but stopped after watching preview.

Indeed poorly done.