The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

BEWARE the Barbaric hair (texture glitches!)

eklhaftb16_ESO
eklhaftb16_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
Barbaric Windblown hair may be glitching with certain costumes. Specifically, costume dyes are bleeding into some areas of hair, showing up as blocky artifacts of various colors. It may be depending on individual graphics settings, but it is better to check that before spending your money.

q8XPyzj.jpg

Thus far, I've noticed the glitch with these outfits:

Elder Council Tunic
Austere Warden Outfit
Cavalier of the Sworn Oath
City Isle Tunic
Court of Bedlam
Marshlord Formal Bugshell Robes
Old Orsinium Sentry
Sand-Kissed Salwar Ensemble
Treasure Hunter
Trinimac's Penitent Knight

On some, it is barely noticeable (Warden, Marshlord), on others it is rather glaring and affecting much of the hair (Orsinium costumes).

Also, Eye-Briar Gemmed Tattoo causes "black minstrel lips" when used on dark-skinned characters. Strictly speaking, I don't think we needed that. ;)

prAByLk.png
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the alert!

Shame that ZOS repeated the mistakes of plenty of makeup companies when it comes to screwing up makeup for people with darker skin tones. My Dunmer looks pretty ludicrous with that lip tone.
    Edited by VaranisArano on May 24, 2018 3:43PM
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I was wondering about the tattoo, as the mannequin in the promo image had pink lips. Whelp...I guess my main (Dunmer female) will not be using the face tattoo.

Also, REALLY disappointing regarding the hair. So many were waiting for that only to have it look so terrible with certain costumes. I hope it's not all costumes or that maybe without the dyes it would look ok.

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom Summoning you two to make you aware of this issue and see if the hair, at least, can be fixed. Even removing the lipstick from the tattoo would be great - make it a separate addition to the set.
  • maya.sonterra_ESO
    maya.sonterra_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    The Barbaric hairstyle is NOT showing up in my collectibles at all. I can access it only from the quickslot menu.

I also could not agree MORE about the lipstick color on the tattoo. It is atrocious no matter what the skin color. I wish the lip color would be separate as well.
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The Barbaric hairstyle is NOT showing up in my collectibles at all. I can access it only from the quickslot menu.

I also could not agree MORE about the lipstick color on the tattoo. It is atrocious no matter what the skin color. I wish the lip color would be separate as well.

For some reason it is at the very bottom of the list of hairstyles, below the ones that your character cannot use.
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • Aionna
    Aionna
    ✭✭✭
    Same happens with:

Corseted Riding Outfit
    Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown
    Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown
    Pirate First Mate's Outfit
    Whisperweft Gala Wear
    Elven Hero Armor

I also agree with the lipstick comments.

Edited by Aionna on May 24, 2018 4:48PM
  • Marabornwingrion
    Marabornwingrion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Another broken item that will never be fixed.
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @ZOS_Edward
  • Nevindri
    Nevindri
    Here are all the ones I found with errors and screenshots to accompany each:

Song of the Night Ensemble
    Austere Warden Outfit
    City Isle Tunic
    Corseted Riding Outfit
    Cyrod Gentry's Town Gown
    Cyrod Patrician Formal Gown
    Dark Shaman
    Glenmoril Witch Robes
    Off-the-Shoulder Evening Dress
    Pirate First Mate's Outfit
    Pirate Sash and Bandolier Garb
    Pirate Swab Outfit
    Sand-Kissed Salwar Ensemble
    Treethane Ceremonial Dress
    Whisperweft Gala Wear

https://imgur.com/a/fGWzJT2

Edited by Nevindri on May 24, 2018 9:48PM
  • skepticck
    skepticck
    ✭✭
    Also, Eye-Briar Gemmed Tattoo causes "black minstrel lips" when used on dark-skinned characters. Strictly speaking, I don't think we needed that. ;)
    prAByLk.png
    Not only that but it also removes all the eye colors:

OA02cf0.jpg
    bKWCHQD.jpg

So not only did they double the price of the hair with crap that nobody wanted so they could charge a lot more
    but they couldn't even bothered to test this s**t properly.
  • Pwoo
    Pwoo
    ✭✭✭
    The hairstyle was the only reason why I wanted to get this pack... looks like I'll be saving my crowns until they fix it. It still looks very low quality though.
    PC EU - @Pwooo in game - chronic crafting writ doer
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is how it looks with that one-shouldered imperial costume.

42329144061_7ef6156c22_o.png

28456344478_f744a3b87b_o.png

42329144371_89438034e0_o.png
  • lazerlaz
    lazerlaz
    ✭✭✭
    I cannot wait to see how fast this will be fixed versus other issues with the game. Good chance they risk losing some customers knowing this glitch and we can't have that!! We need the mulah! Hot fix incoming lol.
  • seipher09
    seipher09
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really upset how horrible it looks on males!! It poofs out away from the face horribly
  • Saccarius
    Saccarius
    ✭✭✭
    Also the "Drifting Sand" Tunic and Sash.

And it clips into my character's cheekbones.

flUnUh4.jpg

Also in the preview, the hair hides her facial hair (lashes) and face markings (makeup). The other hairs don't do this I, don't think.

The lipstick that comes with the tattoo is god awful, neon pink.

To be honest ZOS needs to pull this pack, fix the hair, remove or separate the lipstick and re-release it when it's ready.
    saccarius | PC | EU
    Almost master crafter
    Altoholic and decorating neophyte.
    Say hello, I'll say hello back.
    Gaymer
  • DanteYoda
    DanteYoda
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Agreed i bought this without checking and these issues are very bad the hair has a lot of issues and that lipstick ruins the face tattoo.. not worth 1000 crowns be warned.

Big mistake imo.
  • Skullstachio
    Skullstachio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Masks are better than hair anyway.
    I know what you di-Iddly did... (you would be wise not to do that again during a time when Suspicion in the gaming space is at an all time high.)
    by not actually revealing real drop tables in the game for all items, you only prove what has been proven with proof of concept that you can/will manipulate item drop chances based on certain elements performed by the player.
  • Mystrius_Archaion
    Mystrius_Archaion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DanteYoda wrote: »
    Agreed i bought this without checking and these issues are very bad the hair has a lot of issues and that lipstick ruins the face tattoo.. not worth 1000 crowns be warned.

Big mistake imo.

Lipstick and eye markings all share the same slot as face tattoos. Same as above person saying the eye briar marking got rid of their eye shadow(obviously) because they're the same type of cosmetic.
    That's not a bug. That's obvious.

The reason eyelashes work with tattoos/markings or lipstick is because they use the facial hair slot, as they aren't printed onto the face as a texture instead of an additional layered model.

This hair is definitely bugged on all my favorite costumes sadly, but small consolation that it doesn't seem to be affected by the outfit styles.
    Edited by Mystrius_Archaion on May 25, 2018 4:10AM
  • Hippie4927
    Hippie4927
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm glad I caught this thread before buying that pack. I definitely wanted that hair but not now! I won't be buying it unless it is fixed.
    PC/NA/EP ✌️
  • maboleth
    maboleth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hippie4927 wrote: »
    I'm glad I caught this thread before buying that pack. I definitely wanted that hair but not now! I won't be buying it unless it is fixed.

I'm all for getting this re-mapped, but this issue is not that bad. It works on most costumes I tried without any glitches.
  • pattyLtd
    pattyLtd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was so excited fir this new hairstyle but again im dissappointed tbh.
    My mistake should know better by now. At least the eyelashes are good.

Just like with the non octural costume (name might be imcorrect) there is just something that makes it look weird to me.
    They should fix it but have they ever fixed a costume before?

Really need to up their testing before releasing things.
    Bugs and glitches happen but when its with every single thing you add no matter how small then something is lacking.

Edited by pattyLtd on May 25, 2018 6:53AM
    English is not my native language, no grammar police please, tyvm
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I almost bought this pack yesterday, and am SO glad that I didn't! Thank you so much for posting this! Both the tattoos/god awful lips and the hair not only look broken, but are super ugly and just look generally odd regardless. It's a shame because we are really lacking on the longer hairstyles, but never mind! That is an extra 1k crowns towards my next house I suppose! :blush:
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • Xepla
    Xepla
    ✭✭
    Does this lip color look good on anyone? I love the gemmed tattoo but the lipstick seems to clash with the skin tone of every character I have, even my fairly light skinned Altmer. :/
    eYqmG0G.png

Edited by Xepla on May 25, 2018 11:50PM
    Those who listen at doors always wonder what is beyond them. - Mephala, the Webspinner
  • Minyassa
    Minyassa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll add my voice to the protest against the pink lipstick on the gemmed tattoo. It would have been a gorgeous thing and they made it unwearable. That's a terrible shame.
  • SpearDusk
    SpearDusk
    ✭✭✭
    clips on Dark Shaman outfit:

On7oWbN.jpg
  • Glenmorils
    Glenmorils
    ✭✭✭
    I can’t believe the hideous lipstick on that otherwise pretty tattoo. Shame.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Please give us some indication that this will be fixed, ZOS
  • Cloudtrader
    Cloudtrader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really, really want this pack for the face tattoo... but not with that absolutely awful shade of lipstick. I have never seen anyone in real life or in virtual pixel-land wear a color of lipstick that terrible, geesh.
  • Anarayne_Cruor
    I was very interested in this pack, but very disappointed. Hair clips through most armor....One hot mess! Gah I need a refund!!!
  • Allypage
    Allypage
    ✭✭
    I think the Tattoo "removes" other make up because my eyelashes disappeared on the preview. The hair clips on the face of both toons I previewed it on. I was really liking that it was less severe than some of the other hairstyles but disappointed with how it looks on my toon. Maybe the mesh needs a bit more work?

I'd love to see some softer long hairstyles and some with braids a'la Vikings.. :smile:
  • ArtCommissions
    ArtCommissions
    ✭✭✭
    I would like to request a refund for this pack. How can I do so? Remove the items from my account and give me my 1000 crowns back.
  • fred4
    fred4
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So nothing that affects gameplay, and nothing that affects all costumes / outfits? Big deal! Of course I'd like this fixed, but have you ever noticed how earlier Bethesda games didn't have long hairstyles at all? You had to download community mods for those. It seems Bethesda didn't want to go there, because it typically causes clipping issues. Compared to earlier games I find the selection of hairstyles in ESO really good, and we've had a popular long one from the get go. Yes, it would be good, if this was fixed. On the other hand, from using community mods in Skyrim and Oblivion, I'm used to clipping issues. It seems this is a difficult problem to solve. If it is a case of having long hairstyles that only work with half the outfits in the game, versus not having them at all, then I choose the former. I also wouldn't want this hairstyle modified so it sticks out more and looks unnatural, if that's what it takes to fix clipping issues.
    PC EU (EP): Magicka NB (main), Stamina NB, Stamina DK, Stamina Sorcerer, Magicka Warden, Magicka Templar, Stamina Templar
    PC NA (EP): Magicka NB