The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

So with summerset we get a new shieldbreaker ?

• Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aedaryl wrote: »
    HoloYoitsu wrote: »
    leb91han wrote: »
    I died to this set solo ;) am i the strongest sorc out there ? Definitely not ! there are hundreds of sorcs better than me but, im no the worst sorc either, and definetely not a “joke” . I didnt have a hot ability which im sure 99% of sorcs dont have it too. Sorc Shield, light armor shield and resto ward are my defences which i am pretty sure the designers of this game intended for sorcs to use them as class mechanic. The numbers of the sload dmg i took are crazy thats around 17 k dmg lol . I died and my shields were up if thats not broken to u then i dunno what to say. If they wanna make sets that go through shields then i got a suggestion even better : just delete shields from the game and light armor too. (U know coz in light armor with no shields but with 2k crit resistance we still take huge dmg like 4-6k from a spammable like pierce armor) so they better delete shields and la with it too. What a joke design of a game.

If you can't manage 853 damage per second, then you need to get good, sorry.

The only problem with this set is the fact it can be stacked. Alone, it's not overperforming.
    So how much have you been enjoying your new Sload toy? /s

Past a certain point one has to wonder how many of the snarky L2P parrots in the Sload threads are simply trying to keep their new shiney from being nerfed?

Your point might have been valid if all class specs had viable access to a strong direct heal/HoT, but they don't.

Ppl who tell sorcs to "just slot rapid regen" etc, should also keep in mind the opportunity costs. What's the oportunity cost of swapping say Shacklebreaker for Sloads, vs having to drop a skill (sorcs don't actually have the bar space anymore with frags nerf) for rapid regen (which won't even keep up with the oblivion dmg)? I susptect many ppl suggesting that are disingenuous, so it's a retorical question.

This is a l2p issue, really. Sload damage isn't a problem at all.

You know infused + oblivion glyph on weaving deal more damage than sload ? You coundn't survive someone with infused + oblivion glyph before summerset ?

853 damage per second is something you can deal with. HP regen, rapid regeneration, and the usual healing ward first heal tick + last heal tick is far enough to out heal 853 damage per second.

The issue is when getting xv1'd by sload spammers. Its a proc set meaning you don't even have to play properly to proc it. And this set can proc on dots right ? (correct me if I am wrong) which means it can essentially be a permanent effect from multiple sources ?

Also if people say counterplay is to slot rapid regen, undo vamp and slot pet, you may as well re-roll into another healing spec.

You don't need all of that to deal with 853 damage per second. Take rapid regeneration if you want on top of healing ward. Or use matriach if u like the playstyle.

The problem for me is that i cant fit rapid regen in my bar.

Frontbar; crystal frag, force pulse, ward, rune prison, fury - meteor
    Backbar: Healing ward, dark deal, streak, curse, harness magicka. - resto ult

Tell me what to replace.......
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Gnozo wrote: »
    I died to this set solo ;) am i the strongest sorc out there ? Definitely not ! there are hundreds of sorcs better than me but, im no the worst sorc either, and definetely not a “joke” . I didnt have a hot ability which im sure 99% of sorcs dont have it too. Sorc Shield, light armor shield and resto ward are my defences which i am pretty sure the designers of this game intended for sorcs to use them as class mechanic. The numbers of the sload dmg i took are crazy thats around 17 k dmg lol . I died and my shields were up if thats not broken to u then i dunno what to say. If they wanna make sets that go through shields then i got a suggestion even better : just delete shields from the game and light armor too. (U know coz in light armor with no shields but with 2k crit resistance we still take huge dmg like 4-6k from a spammable like pierce armor) so they better delete shields and la with it too. What a joke design of a game.

The only problem with this set is the fact it can be stacked. Alone, it's not overperforming.

Past a certain point one has to wonder how many of the snarky L2P parrots in the Sload threads are simply trying to keep their new shiney from being nerfed?

Your point might have been valid if all class specs had viable access to a strong direct heal/HoT, but they don't.

Ppl who tell sorcs to "just slot rapid regen" etc, should also keep in mind the opportunity costs. What's the oportunity cost of swapping say Shacklebreaker for Sloads, vs having to drop a skill (sorcs don't actually have the bar space anymore with frags nerf) for rapid regen (which won't even keep up with the oblivion dmg)? I susptect many ppl suggesting that are disingenuous, so it's a retorical question.

You know infused + oblivion glyph on weaving deal more damage than sload ? You coundn't survive someone with infused + oblivion glyph before summerset ?

853 damage per second is something you can deal with. HP regen, rapid regeneration, and the usual healing ward first heal tick + last heal tick is far enough to out heal 853 damage per second.

The issue is when getting xv1'd by sload spammers. Its a proc set meaning you don't even have to play properly to proc it. And this set can proc on dots right ? (correct me if I am wrong) which means it can essentially be a permanent effect from multiple sources ?

Also if people say counterplay is to slot rapid regen, undo vamp and slot pet, you may as well re-roll into another healing spec.

You don't need all of that to deal with 853 damage per second. Take rapid regeneration if you want on top of healing ward. Or use matriach if u like the playstyle.

You can replace fury by rapid regen, and put curse on main bar.

You also replace harness for rapid regen if you want a new type of gameplay.

You can also use overload and put dark deal (+ mines) on it.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's one of the main issues unless you run an Overload bar with resto and Dark Deal on there is simply no space to use it.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So i should drop my execute or my 2nd shield? Just for a hot to counter 1 specific armor 5 piece?

Thats Not what i consider balance
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

So i should drop my execute or my 2nd shield? Just for a hot to counter 1 specific armor 5 piece?

but ThEY gIVe uP a 5pC :trollface:
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

BohnT wrote: »

If you think slotting rapid regen is just usefull for countering sload, then you are missing a lot of points.

Rapid regen counter :

- Sload
    - Shieldbreaker (not 100% counter badly)
    - Infused + oblivion glyph (you don't need a 5 pieces)
    - Torug + infused + oblivion glyph
    - Knight Slayer

But also :

- Help to recover when skills touch your HP when you are refreshing your shield (meaning you can even have 10k hardened ward left and u refresh it) cuz GG ZoS (If you refresh your shield at the same time the ennemi use his skill, depending the animation travel, the skill can go on your HP and at the same time the shield appear with his full value on your damaged health).

- Help to leave execute range under your shields

- Help an ally cuz it target 2 people.

- Help you to sustain and make you gain some GCD : you are saving healing ward by recovering HP under the shield.

And Finally :

You can coupled rapid regeneration with a maelstrom healing staff and have around 400 magicka recovery.

Rapid regeneration is a good skill on sorc.
    Edited by Aedaryl on May 25, 2018 9:42AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

bUt SlOaD rUiNs My 1Vx....... :trollface:
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

It does but i guess as an UF member people don't understand the issue there :trollface:
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If i drop my execute my burst becoming a really huge loss und it would be nearly impossible to kill a decent Player.

If i drop my Horness magicka i lose sustain and my only shield for main defense is hardened ward. Wich is about 13k-14k. Thats to low considering i have 21k hp under it with 0 resistences.
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If i drop my execute my burst becoming a really huge loss und it would be nearly impossible to kill a decent Player.

If i drop my Horness magicka i lose sustain and my only shield for main defense is hardened ward. Wich is about 13k-14k. Thats to low considering i have 21k hp under it with 0 resistences.

But now you can survive vs Sloads and you can always rely on others to kill people :lol:
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

It does but i guess as an UF member people don't understand the issue there :trollface:

#exposed xD
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take overload, it's a good solution.

Also, the damage from an overload light attack is the same than meteor, you can combo with it (mage light + curse + overload + rune cage + overload for exemple).

Overload will make you able to slot mines, bouldness strom, dark deal, surge, ect.
  • Gnozo
    Gnozo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Take overload, it's a good solution.

Also, the damage from an overload light attack is the same than meteor, you can combo with it (mage light + curse + overload + rune cage + overload for exemple).

Overload will make you able to slot mines, bouldness strom, dark deal, surge, ect.

Ofc with overload u can have it but personally i dont like overload. Also i would lose my resto wich saved my ass more then i would tell someone.

Things i dont like about overload;

Getting stuck in it, Not having the Access to it 100% of the time, Light attacks are completly op dmg wise (I dont like broken overperforming things....)
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »
    Ran shield breaker bow with Oblivion enchants. Wrecked a free sorcs, got wrecked by a lot sorcs. Got more t bags than usual.

Honestly most sorcs I encountered one on one were able to deal with shield breaker just fine. Even if I defiled them with incap.

Never played mag sorc so not sure what all the did. Did see mutagen or rapid Regen going off. Some had pets, not all. Most were running lightning form and I'm assuming surge, as a Stam sorc surge is a lot of my healing even in low crit builds. I assume mag sorcs run higher crit builds for better burst.

Just saying though, people complaining about shield breaker, its not as op as you claim. I've run it, was wrecked by many sorcs. It also was a wasted 5pc against anyone not running a shield.

sorry but you need to l2p before commenting here.

You don't even know what sorc does like you said, how do you want to beat them if you don't know what they do ?

Shieldbreaker alone is 21500 damage in 6s, add oblivion glyph and you are probably at 26k damage in 6s. No sorc can heal for 26k HP in 6s, even less possible while defiled.

If you aren't able to spam 10 times the left click, I'm sorry but you might think a lot to l2p.

If you're dieing to someone spamming light attacks I think you're the one who needs to l2p.
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    By the way shield breaker was adjusted.

Back in the day running shield breaker/Knight Slayer with a lightning staff on my Stam sorc Zerg surfing for laughs was always fun. Shield breaker used to proc on every tick of the staff heavy attack, add Knight Slayer at the end and the chance for implosion...

They fixed that though. Good thing too, it really needed to be fixed.
  • Heymexa
    Heymexa
    ✭✭✭
    This set makes a strong imbalance. If you do not need mana sorcs in Cyrodiil, do not change anything.

P.S Arima - crab and fried camel :)
    Edited by Heymexa on May 25, 2018 3:15PM
  • Aedaryl
    Aedaryl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heymexa wrote: »
    This set makes a strong imbalance. If you do not need mana sorcs in Cyrodiil, do not change anything.

P.S Arima - crab and fried camel :)

If you can't outheal it, it's your problem mate...
  • PhoenixGrey
    PhoenixGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We are not talking about just one dot here. The set by itself looks really flexible and a perfect zergling set. That's a concern which warrants a nerf
    Edited by PhoenixGrey on May 25, 2018 4:24PM
  • leb91han
    leb91han
    ✭✭✭
    Nice conversations going on . To further explain, at the time when i got the recap that i posted in the beginning of this thread i had 0 hot abilities and no resto ulti i always use overload for mines dark deal lighting form... also didn’t have surge i had degeneration (because i was used to empower my curses/frags/meteors) and lastly i was off the game for a long time and came back since 2-3 months so i didnt know about oblivion dmg (those reasons are why i couldnt handle the set from 1 guy). I know the sound that shieldbreaker does but at the time didnt know i was getting hit by something similar called oblivion dmg. Today i played some cyro and yes regeneration is a good ability to counter it but it takes me back to my first argument that i dont wanna use regeneration ability just to counter 1 set . I faced a stam sorc he s a good player today who was using sload i still didnt have any hot/resto ulti slotted did what i had to do: i looked at the other direction and ran away :| and on top of sload he even had magicka drain poison a true magicka sorcerer hater it seems.
    Edited by leb91han on May 25, 2018 8:20PM
  • barshemm
    barshemm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nice conversations going on . To further explain, at the time when i got the recap that i posted in the beginning of this thread i had 0 hot abilities and no resto ulti i always use overload for mines dark deal lighting form... also didn’t have surge i had degeneration (because i was used to empower my curses/frags/meteors) and lastly i was off the game for a long time and came back since 2-3 months so i didnt know about oblivion dmg (those reasons are why i couldnt handle the set from 1 guy). I know the sound that shieldbreaker does but at the time didnt know i was getting hit by something similar called oblivion dmg. Today i played some cyro and yes regeneration is a good ability to counter it but it takes me back to my first argument that i dont wanna use regeneration ability just to counter 1 set . I faced a stam sorc he s a good player today who was using sload i still didnt have any hot/resto ulti slotted did what i had to do: i looked at the other direction and ran away :| and on top of sload he even had magicka drain poison a true magicka sorcerer hater it seems.

You don't want to have to slot something to counter one set. That one set only counters Shields and mostly mag sorcs because the other heavy shield using classes have healing baked in.

So the shield breaker user is only countering mag sorcs and running a 5 piece useless against everyone else. Yet you still have an option you can run to counter it.

Seems balanced to me. I know a sorc used dark deal before to heal through the first time I ran it. We talked after the fight he won.

I usually only bring magicka drain poisons out for annoying tanky stamblades who cloak and come back non-stop.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    barshemm wrote: »

You don't want to have to slot something to counter one set. That one set only counters Shields and mostly mag sorcs because the other heavy shield using classes have healing baked in.

So the shield breaker user is only countering mag sorcs and running a 5 piece useless against everyone else. Yet you still have an option you can run to counter it.

Seems balanced to me. I know a sorc used dark deal before to heal through the first time I ran it. We talked after the fight he won.

I usually only bring magicka drain poisons out for annoying tanky stamblades who cloak and come back non-stop.

Magblades usually run a shield too. They’re squish out of cloak without one.
  • HeathenDeacon
    HeathenDeacon
    ✭✭✭
    Two questions about SLoads/ Oblivion dmg:

1. DOes oblivion dmg still get full value through mistform?

2. Can sload's/Oblivion proc Pirate Skele through shields?
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sloads is worse then shieldbreaker, wich is situational. Sloads isnt situational, it dmgs everything ..too much too easy. OP.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

The second one is the best question I’ve heard asked in this thread so far.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One problem with rapid Regen. Sloads is almost always mixed with defile. So that thing ticks for nothing at all. You almost have to slot resto ulti and use that to save you from sloads giving up OL or burst ulti.

Can't believe people are really arguing that Sloads the Mother of all proc sets is good for the game.

To those saying you are giving up a 5 piece. It's the best 5 piece in the game. It out outperforms every other damage set for pvp. And it is effective against every defense in the game. It is frankly overperforming...
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    This still work agains't nightblade i hope ?

Peoples do not understand that there is nearly no counter to shield-breaker or Sload, cause we use Healing ward .... Power surge isn't that "OP " ( yeah, cause some think you can outheal the shieldbreaker /sload damages simply by using this skill ) and the matriarch is meh ( require 2 bar slot, cost a lot, can die, and don't heal that much). The only way to survive is to kill the opponent before he kills you, cause if you cast your shields or heal you die ... and if you don't cast them you die.

Maybe if it prevent NB from using cloak, peoples will finally understand ?

People will mostly understand when it will go through every type of defense (dk volatile armor,wings, cloak, shields, resto ult, earthgore, and such) :D
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes to both

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • bg22
    bg22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Was fighting the guy he is stam dk got me to low health phase kept spamming 2h execute on me . I dont use any hot ability i kept my 3 shields up used tripot for health but died . I sensed there was something wrong coz i dont die to an execution spam . Usually my 3 shields+ tripot and a streak can reset the fight and save me from the execute. But it didn’t so i figured there was something wrong i so i checked the recap.

Bahahahahahaaaaa!!!

“I usually can never lose bc my shields are ridiculously OP....

Me losing on a Sorc isn’t fair!”
    *stomps feet rapidly*
    Edited by bg22 on May 30, 2018 11:59AM
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bg22 wrote: »
    Was fighting the guy he is stam dk got me to low health phase kept spamming 2h execute on me . I dont use any hot ability i kept my 3 shields up used tripot for health but died . I sensed there was something wrong coz i dont die to an execution spam . Usually my 3 shields+ tripot and a streak can reset the fight and save me from the execute. But it didn’t so i figured there was something wrong i so i checked the recap.

Bahahahahahaaaaa!!!

“I usually can never lose bc my shields are ridiculously OP....

Me losing on a Sorc isn’t fair!”
    *stomps feet rapidly*

"Mwahahaaa! My skillful Executioner spam is now all I need! No learning required!"
    *troddles back to zerg*