The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

graphic stutter on PC EU after the Summerset launch

• dalgrimar187
    dalgrimar187
    Soul Shriven
    Ye i noticed my general fps has decreased allot to.
    When in a low populated zone like Greenshade i used to have like 144fps after launching the game and just standing still.
    Now its max 90-100fps.
  • Eyran
    Eyran
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_BillE , It's a long topic with multiple users reporting the same issues. A response (and hopefully a fix) would be nice :)
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Mine goes down to a constant 12 FPS and its been like this since 3rd May. It would be smooth then go down to 13 and stay there. Briefly fixed if I min/max and returning a minute or less.

The fix seems to be to opt not to plat this beta game for a month or two and see if its fixed or not. Most of the time I find you are battling the game technology rather than the game world itself. I'm not a numbskull, I'm running a clean and tidy machine as I need to for my software development purposes.
  • ZOS_Bill
    ZOS_Bill
    admin
    An update has been posted here about the graphical stuttering players are experiencing. We are working on resolving the micro-freezes happening since the update.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • wavingblue
    wavingblue
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_BillE wrote: »
    An update has been posted here about the graphical stuttering players are experiencing. We are working on resolving the micro-freezes happening since the update.

Thanks for the update, when is this issue going to be resolved? Really was hoping to play a fair bit this weekend but the stuttering and massive FPS drops are bad enough to seriously bugger things.
  • Meld777
    Meld777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Dyride any luck with your addon experiments?
    Maelstrom Arena Champion | Undaunted | Fighters Guild Victor

Level 50 Magicka NB | CP160+

nAA | vCoH1 HM | nSO | nCoA2 | nDSA | nMA | vVoM

PC EU
  • Rydik
    Rydik
    ✭✭✭✭
    Constant fps drops, lags after patch and around ~1 sec slutters from time to time. And basically tons of other bugs here at there... For what is PTS testing exist i dont know...
    Edited by Rydik on May 26, 2018 11:07AM
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    My windows 10 game mode isn't active while I play, and I have no add-ons, so those possible reasons aren't my case. It's the patch, something in that patch degraded our fps scores so it started to drop suddenly and drastically causing freezes.
    We hope it will be resolved, because playing the game with them is not all too enjoyable.
    I have been trying to play all these days, and nothing changed. Still same bad fps all over the maps, no matter where and when you are.
  • Spacefish2323
    Spacefish2323
    ✭✭✭
    They had my stuttering and huge FPS drop fixed between Wednesday and Friday, and now I logged in today (Sunday) and it's back. Is this a live game that's been online for years? Because it sure feels like a closed beta right now.
  • KOkoMah
    KOkoMah
    Soul Shriven
    Because it sure feels like a closed beta right now.

No, it's actually an open beta. PTS is the closed beta, this is why they failed to find the performance issues.

With that clarified, I am experiencing the same problems as everyone else here. Usually I am running almost stable 60 fps and never had such performance drops until the Summerset update. For me it drops to 10~20 fps for a few sec and the ping jumps to 180+ at the same time (my usual ping is below 100). Hopefully they will fix it rather sooner than later or I will seriously reconsider which gaming service deserves my money.

With all that said, the new zone is gorgeous, you can't deny that. Multi-levels/layers buildings, dungeons and what not is amazing solution for what initially looks like a rather small map.
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    KOkoMah wrote: »
    With all that said, the new zone is gorgeous, you can't deny that.

It is a gorgeous zone...when I'm standing perfectly still so my graphics aren't glitching in a new and extremely aggravating manner.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    KOkoMah wrote: »
    With all that said, the new zone is gorgeous, you can't deny that.

It is a gorgeous zone...when I'm standing perfectly still so my graphics aren't glitching in a new and extremely aggravating manner.

Precisely that.
    It's very beautiful, very enjoyable - IF ONLY not for all the issues with performance.
    I can't ride through Alinor without freezing. And it kicked me out two times when it froze too bad. It doesn't add much enthusiasm to play around before this FPS issue is fixed.
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    This is not a problem for the graphics card, drivers or PC. This problem is that the ZOS have changed the algorithm for loading textures and now during the fast movement (sprint run) they do not have time to load, which leads to freeze.
    Once I clicked on the sprint when I entered the Daggerfall Outlaw Refuge. And loaded only those textures that were in my field of vision. If i turn the camera - there were no textures. And this effect lasted until i exit location.
    And its not my hard drive - i use SSD and everything was loaded perfectly UNTIL this damned patch!
    Every major update (Morrowind, now Summerset) ZOS breaks down one of the basic game mechanics and there is no chance of fix. The broken mechanics of the werewolf buff and animation howl they did not fix for a year (after Summerset I did not check yet).
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    VadimAleks wrote: »
    This is not a problem for the graphics card, drivers or PC. This problem is that the ZOS have changed the algorithm for loading textures and now during the fast movement (sprint run) they do not have time to load, which leads to freeze.
    Once I clicked on the sprint when I entered the Daggerfall Outlaw Refuge. And loaded only those textures that were in my field of vision. If i turn the camera - there were no textures. And this effect lasted until i exit location.
    And its not my hard drive - i use SSD and everything was loaded perfectly UNTIL this damned patch!
    Every major update (Morrowind, now Summerset) ZOS breaks down one of the basic game mechanics and there is no chance of fix. The broken mechanics of the werewolf buff and animation howl they did not fix for a year (after Summerset I did not check yet).

That sucks. And it makes sense, the textures truly don't load as usual anymore. My friend was doing a quest the other day and went into the dungeon for it - and no textures loaded. Just a whole empty grey space. She was only able to fix that by logging out completely and then back again.
    This needs to get fixed. It breaks the game for so many of us.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Why am I getting EXACTLY and CONSISTENTLY 13 FPS?
    No variations.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Korax wrote: »
    Why am I getting EXACTLY and CONSISTENTLY 13 FPS?
    No variations.

Because they didn't fix it. There is no fix for fps issue in the latest patch - not that I saw, anyway, so there we have it.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Seems to be the case...
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    My fps doesn't even get to 60 anymore when outdoors. It's dancing between 20 and 40 with stuttering and freezing.
    So it's totally not fixed yet.
  • Korax
    Korax
    ✭✭✭
    Sometimes I get my normal FPS rate until I change zones or change chars. Then the same area I was getting a more normal rate for my hardware of around 45 fps, it just drops to 13... like very specific 13 fps, like its locked to it. In exactly the same area I was getting a much higher playable rate.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Somehow it's unplayable for me today, too many drops, and it barely rises above 20 at all. I can't even walk in Alinor without having problems.
    How much longer should we suffer? When is the patch we need coming out?
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Also, this happened.
    Textures fail with their new algorithms. It needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It's not an improvement, it's a fail. 93ny1yhjnnke.png
  • Eyran
    Eyran
    ✭✭
    Is there any update on when that fix is going live. Feels like it's taking a bit long...
  • arasysb14_ESO
    arasysb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems problem is not just with EU server, I never had any issues like this since ESO's early beta and issue started with Summerset's launch. I play on NA server and have decent 180 MB connection, decent graphics card that has 16 GB ram, even so I either:

I- Get disconnected to login server, or game crashes

or

II- FPS drops to 30s or 20s from 100. I lowered graphics settings (even turned off grass and game looked like UO :lol: ) even then game ended up disconnecting.

Arasys Llanor, CP 800+ Magicka Sorcerer NA

Please do not use the same Fallout 76 engine for TES VI
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    It seems problem is not just with EU server, I never had any issues like this since ESO's early beta and issue started with Summerset's launch. I play on NA server and have decent 180 MB connection, decent graphics card that has 16 GB ram, even so I either:

I- Get disconnected to login server, or game crashes

or

II- FPS drops to 30s or 20s from 100. I lowered graphics settings (even turned off grass and game looked like UO :lol: ) even then game ended up disconnecting.

Thank you for your input. Yeah, I do have the fps spikes, they're sudden and drastic, and the freezes they cause can disconnect the game.
    Turning graphics down does NOTHING, because it's not the source of the problem. I tried it, too, and then ended up returning to my high/ultra settings because nothing depends on that.
    It's what one of the guys here in the thread explained: apparently there's an "improvement" introduced with Summerset that loads graphics differently than before, and that new algorithm produces our stutter and fps issue.
    And no, no fixes have been introduced thus far. So I haven't played for days because it's just not gratifying a bit to fight through the performance issue of the game.
  • Silent84
    Silent84
    ✭✭✭
    I think my eso plus is going more on the greed side than fixing the game, i see people freezing close to me on dolmens, sometimes i freeze too, i don't wanna know, people with low pcs how they play this game man, when i start playing this game, i always ask myself, how people pay eso plus, with this slow servers, i never understand a game with this bad engine and the slowest servers charge people with 13 euros man, i am very sure 90% of the people pay eso +...i am very disappointed....this game has one of the best gameplay ever made it, they did beautiful things in this game, but the main problems they never fix it, you just load this game with so many dlcs, this game can have all the people in this world playin it, but this servers will push them away.... :( apologize for my english :expressionless:
    Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭
    Well, tomorrow another patch maintenance seems to be scheduled. Here's to hope they fix something for us, because this has been ridiculous. All the hype for new zone went for nothing because the game doesn't perform as it should to let us enjoy it.
  • patents
    patents
    ✭✭✭
    post summerset is horrible to play

the fps is so bad, same config same pc

not sure what's wrong
  • AishavariStarling
    AishavariStarling
    ✭✭✭
    Kainarel wrote: »
    Also, this happened.
    Textures fail with their new algorithms. It needs to be fixed as soon as possible. It's not an improvement, it's a fail. 93ny1yhjnnke.png

What OS are you using, no one else seems to be mentioning it and I'm on W7
    Don't look into someone's eyes, if you fear what they'll see in yours.
  • Kainarel
    Kainarel
    ✭✭✭

What OS are you using, no one else seems to be mentioning it and I'm on W7

I believe I wrote it in the very first post in this topic. I'm on Windows 10 latest version, everything is up to date.
  • VadimAleks
    VadimAleks
    ✭✭✭
    So, who has a freeze after today's patch? It seems that it was caused by an integrated spyware, because I did not have them anymore . Played for about an hour in different locations - everything was fine, except for not loading textures, of course :) .
    No more levels and skills, only degradation!