The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Battlegrounds Available to All...Great Idea on Paper, Bad Idea in Practice

• Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've seen this exact behavior in Open world in multiple spots on Ps4 Na (where I didnt even know botting was possible on console until ESO) where there are two types of botting

1.Shadow boxing bots where several accounts are linked to one and will execute all command buttons at the same time and do the single file like formation the OP is describing

2.And your basic programing of bots who attack when attacked or when an NPC is present and will run in a pre programmed pathway

I'm not sure which one the OP encountered without a video, but this is DEFINITELY the EXACT behavior he is describing. NOT a premade group as any smart premade group never runs single file and never attacks until attacked. Thats just stupid, its clearly a program
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on May 22, 2018 10:45AM
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait...

You LOST to that 4 man team, and then think they are bots?

IF they did indeed walk exactly the same, as you explain, there is NO way, they would win. And in no way would they be able to get 0 deaths.

I could cope with the idea of BOT going in there, just to rund around mindlessly and get killed, just to get the free AP or something. But come on? I honestly think you just ran into a premade group, wiping everybody. That is pretty much how BG's are 50% of the time. Eventually you learn the names of the worst/best groups, and can steer clear of them.

So just to sum up; If the "bots" won the match with 0 deaths, i would give it 0,000001 % chance they are bots. UNLESS they were CE Engine boosted bots, who also became selfaware and conscious. In which case we are all f****
    Edited by raasdal on May 22, 2018 10:58AM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The bad part is there is only one solution to botting

•Perma Bans

This is the only tool that will shut down botters

Can they make more accounts? Sure but this is a very costly option and even if SOME do buy more accounts, the reality is the regular day to day botters will not bother to keep spending 1/4 or more of their income just to keep buying new accounts that (If ZoS keeps a solid perma ban program) will just shut down the account before it even has the chance to profit from it

Its pretty simple, make botting a living hell for programmers and burn their bank accounts by forcing them to go broke in the attempt.

Boom your problem is solved and we have a less toxic community of cheaters and low lifes
  • Nelson_Rebel
    Nelson_Rebel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    Wait...

You LOST to that 4 man team, and then think they are bots?

IF they did indeed walk exactly the same, as you explain, there is NO way, they would win. And in no way would they be able to get 0 deaths.

I could cope with the idea of BOT going in there, just to rund around mindlessly and get killed, just to get the free AP or something. But come on? I honestly think you just ran into a premade group, wiping everybody. That is pretty much how BG's are 50% of the time. Eventually you learn the names of the worst/best groups, and can steer clear of them.

You underestimate pvp botting.

There are some very clever programs out there. And you forget that these toons can be geared very well very easily making simultaneos command attacks perfectly synced can be VERY difficult if the toons are geared.

I dont think this particular bot group was, but the other option is it could be one very skilled botter using the Shadow Boxing Bot method in my previous post.

Either way the behavior he describes is NOT human. I dont care what pre made group you make, people dont just NOT attack unless attacked or run single file the whole game. Those are the Tell-Tale signs if botting
    Edited by Nelson_Rebel on May 22, 2018 11:02AM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So you’re telling me you couldn’t manage to get 1 kill against AI controlled characters? Gtfo.

Obviously not bots
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 22, 2018 11:09AM
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to remain sceptical until I see some kind of screenshot or video.

I can't imagine people could lose to bot train there are too many way to counter a dumb AI even as a bad player. Also as others have said once they bots get broken up or a single one is killed the train would be over.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

I can't imagine people could lose to bot train there are too many way to counter a dumb AI even as a bad player. Also as others have said once they bots get broken up or a single one is killed the train would be over.

Not just lose, but get 0 kills against them. How advanced is that AI?
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »

Right. The only way I could see this work is if the bots/AI are not the farmers but the crops.

Queue bunch of teams which just run around and let you farm them, get super scores/AP etc. however even that seems far fetched.
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Right. The only way I could see this work is if the bots/AI are not the farmers but the crops.

Queue bunch of teams which just run around and let you farm them, get super scores/AP etc. however even that seems far fetched.

It seems pointless. If you’ve got a 4 man pre-made and choose to play objectives you should stomp 95% of your matches anyway, there’s no need for bots to feed you.

It’s absolutely impossible for 4 bots to go without a single death in a match with even 1 semi-competent player unless we’re dealing with world class AI here. I simply refuse to believe they only attacked in response to being attacked otherwise they’d have just been avoided the whole match. I struggle to believe anyone couldn’t bait an AI into a mistake in no-CP that would lead to a death.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Maybe it's some advanced technique enacted by ZoS to deal with the bots? Port 'em to a BG, let them get slaughtered? (Not sure I'd be willing to give Devs that much ingenuity credit.)

I do know I'd feel bad dying to something geared up for picking flowers or killing mudcrabs, though.
    Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s absolutely credible. Some players are so bad you can easily 1v4 them. It’s only natural if you don’t even score a single skill you look to an explanation outside of your own skill.

As for multiboxing it’s hard to believe that either, if you’re that good to pull off a no death you don’t need to multibox in the first place.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »
    It’s absolutely credible. Some players are so bad you can easily 1v4 them. It’s only natural if you don’t even score a single skill you look to an explanation outside of your own skill.

As for multiboxing it’s hard to believe that either, if you’re that good to pull off a no death you don’t need to multibox in the first place.

Multi boxing would severely compromise the competitiveness of a group because you’d always have clear cut offense/defense phases and couldn’t secure kills reliably because any smart player will turtle when your offense starts and focus other players when you defend
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's why I suggested before that it was a multiboxer, not a bot. One human player can react to the enemies, and 3 other chracters are following him with perfect syncronicity.
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You can simply play to lose for the 3 place in the BG, that was the wow battleground bots did.

I assume OP was up against good coordinated players in an ball group.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

That's why I suggested before that it was a multiboxer, not a bot. One human player can react to the enemies, and 3 other chracters are following him with perfect syncronicity.

See the post directly above yours.

You’d have to have 8 absolute potatoes to make this even remotely feasible
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Farm em for AP
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In multi-boxing multiple characters are controlled by a human with one controller/keyboard in real time not AI, they are not bots.
    While without a video there is no proof, why is so everyone so quick to discount the possibility just because it is ESO?
    Many a game has been plagued with multi-boxing.
  • EvilAutoTech
    EvilAutoTech
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Holy Hannah, it's Skynet. :)
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    What happens if you kill part of the bot team, but not the others? How do they get synced back up after a partial respawn?

Video of this would be wild, if true.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

In multi-boxing multiple characters are controlled by a human with one controller/keyboard in real time not AI, they are not bots.
    While without a video there is no proof, why is so everyone so quick to discount the possibility just because it is ESO?
    Many a game has been plagued with multi-boxing.
    Because anyone caught doing it would get all four accounts banned in ESO. ZOS doesn't allow it where's other game have.
  • KerinKor
    KerinKor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Imagine fighting solo against one good PVPer; now imagine that the same PVPer has three other accounts in tow
    The terms 'good PVPer' and 'multiboxer' are generally an oxymoron I find.

• D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I will never EVER be killed by an ESO bot lol
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    D0PAMINE wrote: »
    Bosses are technically bots.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ydrisselle wrote: »

See the post directly above yours.

You’d have to have 8 absolute potatoes to make this even remotely feasible

You wrote that while I wrote my answer :)

Inexperienced players vs a PvP pro who is multiboxing... well, it's not entirely impossible.
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

Edit: I will never EVER be killed by ESO bots like the OP is describing.
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    zaria wrote: »

YOU IMPLYING I DIE TO BOSSES NOW, HUH?

...I mean I do, but still. Hurtful.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Teridaxus
    Teridaxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who farmed battlegrouds for the red dye last year when morrowind was new...me and in general the average player is just that bad.

0 deaths complety onesided stomps are normal with mixed queues of premades and puggers when people are running pve builds or light attack spamming or having no idea to interrupt, well you get it probaly by now.
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This smells wrong, I've done hundreds of BGs and I've never seen bots or multiboxers.

And then you run into one on your first BG? I don't buy it.

It is feasible from a technology standpoint.

I’ve seen automated bots that recover from a random death ON XBOX. A field of a dozen or so sorcs with lightning staves and pets all aimed in a direction with the heavy attack stuck on. It’s a simple enough triggered event - on receiving the ‘dead’ status from the game server the software controlling the bot sends the revive at wayshrine command then feeds the pre-planned series of move commands that take that toon back to its station, summon pets, and hold down heavy attack.

That’s what I saw on Xbox, which had a higher barrier to botting then your pc platform.

The pc bot could be an add on. Upon entry into a BG use the same type of map code that tracks which minimap to display, and thus the bot knows the terrain. Then, use pathed movements to go to objectives.

Responses to attack: break it down step by step. The ability for an add on to scan the screen for enemy players exists, so on receiving damage automatically scan the screen while quickly rotating the camera, which will get the bot a fix on the enemy location. Pass that location to the rest of the bot group and the whole gang can fire on that position faster than an attacker could escape away.

Bot trains farming ap in battlegrounds is not hard to imagine. All the bits and pieces to create such a thing already exist in the add ons that have been produced.

Thank talos I’m on Xbox. You pc yahoos have such powerful crutches... er, I mean addons... that they are going to take over your game.
    Edited by Cryptical on May 22, 2018 3:34PM
    Xbox NA
  • LittlePinkDot
    LittlePinkDot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem for me is that no cp sucks.
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First of all, Morrowind was £20. And in fact for SummerSet £20 you got Morrowond free. Not £60.
    Secondly. Battleground bots. On console (guessing from your launch date). WTAF.

Or are you being sarky about your PUG getting wupped by a premade?
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP