The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

Battlegrounds Available to All...Great Idea on Paper, Bad Idea in Practice

arena25
arena25
✭✭✭✭✭
So, as was previously announced, when Summerset drops (or has dropped, if you're a PC/Mac player like me), battlegrounds will be available to all...as in, they're moving the Battlegrounds from a PvP mode requiring an additional $60 purchase to play to a PvP mode available with the base game for $40. And on paper, it sounds like a great idea...no more needing to buy a chapter just to test out your glorious PvP build, instead just reach level 10 and get going! And I thought it would be a great idea, too!

But after just 1 match (and I know, there's such a thing as small sample size); I feel as though it's a bad idea for one reason and one reason only...random bot trains will ruin battlegrounds, especially the Team Deathmatch mode. Cos greedy individuals (albeit those who can afford to pay $160 bucks for 4 accounts, link up all 4 accounts with some assistive technology, and pray to Satan you don't get caught in the anti-bot technology's sweep) will make bot trains and run wild in battlegrounds, then commence in illicit currency-selling or account-selling schemes. And based on my sample size of 1 battleground, bots are already hard at work ruining battlegrounds (Final score: 510-60-30) just so they can engage in illicit business with unsuspecting new or returning players on June 5th.

If we can find a way to stop these illicit OP bot trains from ruining my matches, I will happily throw my support behind Battlegrounds for all again. Until then though, I will hate this idea with a passion. No offense meant to Zeni, but why should we allow battlegrounds to all players when bots can ruin it for others?

Sorry if this post looks idiotic. I'm tired, and I don't write/type well when I'm tired.

Night, y'all.

Signed,
Lord Arena25
If you can't handle the heat...stay out of the kitchen!
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's possible you found players who suck. That's an option, right?

I suspect, that botters dumb enough to queue into battlegrounds are going to find some very vicious surprises in store down the line.
  • Prabooo
    Prabooo
    ✭✭✭✭
    battlegrounds bots? wtf seriously?
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I suspect, that botters dumb enough to queue into battlegrounds are going to find some very vicious surprises in store down the line.

It's very unlikely that sucky players alone explain away the 0 deaths the winning team got away with. And also doesn't explain away why the 4 winning team members, while traveling from fight to fight, were always running in a single file line (and I do mean, single file line...you could trace each player's path with a piece of string and find that the strings overlap.
    Edited by arena25 on May 21, 2018 10:53PM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are premades still a problem
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »

I haven't seen a premade team that walks in single-file lines, breaking only for combat; and also only attacks when you attack.
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    arena25 wrote: »

I haven't seen a premade team that walks in single-file lines, breaking only for combat; and also only attacks when you attack.

Get a video, that sounds shady.
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Recremen wrote: »

Get a video, that sounds shady.

If I knew how to capture in-game video, it would be in ESO Customer Support's inbox 3 hours ago.

And I wish that you could report enemy players...I know it would probably be abused, but the behavior the enemy team displayed in that match warrants an investigation.
  • geonsocal
    geonsocal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

also doesn't explain away why the 4 winning team members, while traveling from fight to fight, were always running in a single file line (and I do mean, single file line...you could trace each player's path with a piece of string and find that the strings overlap.

what the ***???

that is some crazy ***...
    PVP Campaigns Section: Playstation NA and EU (Gray Host) - This Must be the Place
  • arena25
    arena25
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    geonsocal wrote: »

also doesn't explain away why the 4 winning team members, while traveling from fight to fight, were always running in a single file line (and I do mean, single file line...you could trace each player's path with a piece of string and find that the strings overlap.

what the ***???

Trust me, if I see that behavior again, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to grab a screenshot or (preferably) in-game video...Zeni needs to fight this fast before it grows.
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    'if you build it, they will game it.'

• Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don’t buy it. A lot of teams could run like that, but CC is prevalent in BGs and would mess up the bot pathing.

OP did you play a lot of BGs before this?

Was this in the >50 BGs?
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Ydrisselle
    Ydrisselle
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what the ***???

It sounds like a quite normal multibox setup. It's allowed for some games and not for others.
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's very unlikely that sucky players alone explain away the 0 deaths the winning team got away with. And also doesn't explain away why the 4 winning team members, while traveling from fight to fight, were always running in a single file line (and I do mean, single file line...you could trace each player's path with a piece of string and find that the strings overlap.

Wait.

Wait... wait, wait, you're telling me that you lost to a four jabs spamming bots?
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what the ***???

Trust me, if I see that behavior again, I'm gonna do whatever it takes to grab a screenshot or (preferably) in-game video...Zeni needs to fight this fast before it grows.

if you have windows 10, you should have a built in gamebar. press windows key+ G simultaneously and you should have a recording bar pop up on your screen, for me its top left corner. press record - voila, in game video recorded
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Lord_Zele
    Lord_Zele
    ✭✭✭
    You know those are players.. right?
    Maybe you just aren't as good as you think you are?
    Or are just gettin' queued against organized premades. It's pretty sad that you think they may be bots.
    The Bots you find open world are slow reaction and have very awkward movements, which is nothing like the claimed 'bots' you've seen in BGs.
    I hope you aren't one of those people that calls better players 'cheaters' and 'exploiters' as well. Not a good look on you.
    @Lord_Zele -GODSLAYER GM- Flawless Conqueror, Former Emperor, Just Another Player 1.3k+CP) YouTube Partner
    YT: https://www.youtube.com/c/LordZele
    Twitch: https://twitch.tv/lord_zele
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It’s not bad

Consider it’s one way to better identify bottling but on the other side of things.....ZOS doesn’t take any ban seriously so maybe it time to consider a break from that for a bit
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Tasear
    Tasear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well now @ZOS_GinaBruno hope you see this.
  • OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

what the ***???

Geforce game experience.....its called shadow play
    Edited by OGLezard on May 22, 2018 1:06AM
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like multiboxing. :/ Boxers RUINED LOTRO’s small scale PVP for me, and the devs turned a blind eye because they got more money out of it. For the sake of those of you who run Battlegrounds on PC, I really hope for your sake that ZOS takes disciplinary action against anyone found multiboxing. There are counters to boxing in large scale PVP zones like Cyrodiil, but it can kill small scale really quickly.

Wait.

Wait... wait, wait, you're telling me that you lost to a four jabs spamming bots?

Don’t underestimate how cancerous multiboxing can be. Imagine fighting solo against one good PVPer; now imagine that the same PVPer has three other accounts in tow that are executing the same keystrokes as the main character simultaneously. For most people, it’s game over before they’ve even had a chance to react.
  • Jimmy_The_Fixer
    Jimmy_The_Fixer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This smells wrong, I've done hundreds of BGs and I've never seen bots or multiboxers.

And then you run into one on your first BG? I don't buy it.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sounds like dawnbreaker fodder to me tbh.

Bots tend to be pretty dumb.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought premades were going to have their own queues with Summerset
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

what the ***???

if you have windows 10, you should have a built in gamebar. press windows key+ G simultaneously and you should have a recording bar pop up on your screen, for me its top left corner. press record - voila, in game video recorded

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you also get a recorder through their overlay software (enable in Geforce Experience).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 22, 2018 3:43AM
  • damdamjel
    damdamjel
    ✭✭✭
    So you're suggesting to have a Captcha before entering BG? well maybe that would work. Clicking street signs in ESO never been so new. LOL
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    Sounds like dawnbreaker fodder to me tbh.

Bots tend to be pretty dumb.
    This, now the problem is if you get grouped with one. This was an problem back then I played WOW, especially at night lots of bots in battlegrounds.
    Now the bot don't have to win, as long as it queue over and over, that was how the wow bot operated to.
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Enslaved
    Enslaved
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    U were hit by a premade group.
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Linaleah wrote: »

what the ***???

If you have an Nvidia GPU, you also get a recorder through their overlay software (enable in Geforce Experience).

that you do, but from trying both so far I prefer game bar. in any case, there are options that don't require anything extra to start recording right now.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Aurielle wrote: »
    Don’t underestimate how cancerous multiboxing can be. Imagine fighting solo against one good PVPer; now imagine that the same PVPer has three other accounts in tow that are executing the same keystrokes as the main character simultaneously. For most people, it’s game over before they’ve even had a chance to react.

I still don't believe this would work in ESO PvP. I mean, sure, he has 3 other accounts tied to the same keyboard. He hits a dawnbreaker, you get hit with four.

But what is he going to do when i pull one of his characters off a ledge with my DK?

Most likely the OP just ran into a stick-on-crown premade.
  • Aurielle
    Aurielle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

I still don't believe this would work in ESO PvP. I mean, sure, he has 3 other accounts tied to the same keyboard. He hits a dawnbreaker, you get hit with four.

But what is he going to do when i pull one of his characters off a ledge with my DK?

Most likely the OP just ran into a stick-on-crown premade.

What he’s going to do is take his train back to the spawn point and begin again. Killing multiboxers’ characters does little to deter them. The only thing that DOES deter them is permabans. Given the fact that farming bots continue to run rampant in this game every day, I don’t feel confident that permabans would happen...

Also, no stick-on-crown premade group sticks to the crown in the sort of perfect, single-file line the OP is describing. That is the tell-tale sign of a multiboxer.

• Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What he’s going to do is take his train back to the spawn point and begin again. Killing multiboxers’ characters does little to deter them.

With the amount of knockbacks, pulls, and general CC in eso, he would spend 90% of his time going back to spawn trying to realign the clones. I really don't think this is feasible in ESO (and while anecdotal, i never saw such a train in the 4 years i've been pvp-ing here)
    Also, no stick-on-crown premade group sticks to the crown in the sort of perfect, single-file line the OP is describing. That is the tell-tale sign of a multiboxer.

Or maybe the OP is just exaggerating. Hard to tell without a video.