Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Worlds First vCR HM & Speedrun by Hodor

• MaxTM
    MaxTM
    ✭✭✭
    PlagueSD wrote: »
    PTS = Practice Test Server...

yea man! Practice with 300 ping permanently strengthens mind and body! you should try it!
  • OutLaw_Nynx
    OutLaw_Nynx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats I guess.
  • Reten
    Reten
    I'm curious, why 3 tanks? Also congratulations on the completes :smiley:
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't understand the "oh look another easy content being released" posts. They've had WEEKS to practice running this and tons of other advantages not obtainable thru regular means, you all do realize this correct?

This isn't to bash Hodor, congrats I guess, it's just an observation about all the easy posts from players who haven't even set foot in this dungeon yet alone cleared it. Looking forward to seeing your vids clearing vet hm after having access for a couple of hours.

Can we use this thread in the future to refute any claims that stamina is OP as well? Not a single one in their group, but here on the forums stamina this and stamina that is OP. Not from the looks of it. Not at all.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • Sevn
    Sevn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    You really all went directly into the game and trial simply to do this and go make a forum post about it? Way to killl all the fun out of it for yourselves, so gratz on that anyway.

Different folks play the same game for vastly different reasons. I don't think they would do what they do if they didn't find it fun for themselves.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man, true nobility is being superior to your former self
    -Hemingway
  • MotokoKusanagi34
    MotokoKusanagi34
    ✭✭✭
    Well done Hodor, I hope you take the saltiest comments in this thread as a compliment to your skill as a group. You can also season one year of food with that until the next trial comes out :wink:
  • itehache
    itehache
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratz guys.

The skin is terrible though :(
  • Kinnahz
    Kinnahz
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats!

I would hope this may show ZoS a complete trial should be the next thing to add, not another Mini-trial of sorts...

Either way, Massive achievement! GG
    Xbox Gamertag: KINNAHZ
    vHRC HM, vAA HM, vSO HM, vMoL HM, vHoF HM, vAS+2, vCR+3, EoF, SoTN, Oax HM, Lyl & Tur HM vDSA, Unchained, Flawless, Spirit Slayer
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hardly a world's first if you had practiced for a month before on pts
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valen_Byte wrote: »
    Lame, do this *** without running through it a million times first. Its bs tbh.

Not a single person should see the inside of a Trial before it goes live. All testing should be done internally for any area of the game that has achievements and leader boards. Otherwise, your achievements, Hodor, are meaningless.

What's stopping other guilds from practicing on the PTS? Most players had access to it. And for non-chapter trials (like AS and MoL), everyone has access to them.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 22, 2018 2:25AM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Not a single person should see the inside of a Trial before it goes live. All testing should be done internally for any area of the game that has achievements and leader boards. Otherwise, your achievements, Hodor, are meaningless.

What's stopping other guilds from practicing on the PTS? Most players had access to it. And for non-chapter trials (like AS and MoL), everyone has access to them.

"Most players" ???

Where's your source on that? This beta and Morrowind's were both closed and random.

Frankly, I think it's unfair. It's highly unlikely that every core member of every progression guild got selected for this beta.

If I had it my way, trials would be a one-run fun per account, where you can test it once, and then you don't get to play through it again until Live.
    PC-NA Goat
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seriously.

Betas are for testing and finding/fixing issues.

They are not for practicing your trial run for bragging rights.
    PC-NA Goat
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phage wrote: »

"Most players" ???

Where's your source on that? This beta and Morrowind's were both closed and random.

Frankly, I think it's unfair. It's highly unlikely that every core member of every progression guild got selected for this beta.

If I had it my way, trials would be a one-run fun per account, where you can test it once, and then you don't get to play through it again until Live.

A ton of people got into it. And I'm sure if you are from a top trial guild and didn't get an invite, you could have emailed ZOS for one since not many players are capable of testing vHM trials (they would be happy to take in more testers).

There was the same level of salt when vAS was cleared, despite everyone having access to that trial on PTS (PTS for DLC is open to everyone).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 22, 2018 2:50AM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Most players" ???

A ton of people got into it. And I'm sure if you are from a top trial guild and didn't get an invite, you could have emailed ZOS for one since not many players are capable of testing vHM trials (they would be happy to take in more testers).

There was the same level of salt when vAS was cleared, despite everyone having access to that trial on PTS (PTS for DLC is open to everyone).

"A ton". Again, where's your source? Where's the numbers on this? Or is this just your own, limited observation?

For the record, I got invited to both Summerset and Morrowind. This isn't personal.
    PC-NA Goat
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Most players" ???

"A ton". Again, where's your source? Where's the numbers on this? Or is this just your own, limited observation?

For the record, I got invited to both Summerset and Morrowind. This isn't personal.

ZOS said they would greatly increase the number of invites for this PTS cycle over Morrowind (in addition to everyone from Morrowind having access). That's a lot of players.

And like I said, if you really wanted access, you probably could have gotten it. There is also a second trial released every year that everyone does have access to, yet we get the same level of salt when Hodor completes it.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 22, 2018 3:18AM
  • AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"Most players" ???

ZOS said they would greatly increase the number of invites for this PTS cycle over Morrowind (in addition to everyone from Morrowind having access). That's a lot of players.

And like I said, if you really wanted access, you probably could have gotten it. There is also a second trial released every year that everyone does have access to, yet we get the same level of salt when Hodor completes it.

I'm not being salty. I was in the PTS cycle.

My deal is that Hodor and other progression guilds abuse the PTS for their own benefit, and then brag about it.
    PC-NA Goat
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    When the first console guild clears it in two weeks their thread should be "World First" as well, since y'know, the race is loaded in PC's favor to begin with.
    Yeah but the difference is no one really cares about console to begin with lol

And who cares about world firsts in general in ESO. WF after 45min of a new addon... That should tell you a lot about the difficulty of this game... If that would happen in other games with raids, the *** storm raining down on the devs would be epic.
    Edited by Prospero_ESO on May 22, 2018 5:32AM
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nifty2g wrote: »
    ArchMikem wrote: »
    When the first console guild clears it in two weeks their thread should be "World First" as well, since y'know, the race is loaded in PC's favor to begin with.
    Yeah but the difference is no one really cares about console to begin with lol

And who cares about world firsts in general in ESO. WF after 45min of a new addon... That should tell you a lot about the difficulty of this game... If that would happen in other games with raids, the *** storm raining down on the devs would be epic.

That's not an indictment of the difficulty of the game. Hodor has been practicing on the PTS for a few weeks (they just completed HM for the first time last week). They're also the best raid guild in the game. It will take considerably longer for other guilds to reach the milestone.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 22, 2018 5:42AM
  • SirCritical
    SirCritical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_MikaS wrote: »
    We have recently removed some unnecessary and inappropriate commentary from this thread. Please be sure to keep the discussion civil and constructive. Thank you for your understanding.

With my maximum respect to the company (ZOS) and also the guild (Hodor), because of their enthusiasm, skill and determimation, do you know (at ZOS) that they (Hodor) are just trolling your game in these moments? ;):D
    Edited by SirCritical on May 22, 2018 5:43AM
  • D0PAMINE
    D0PAMINE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats to Hodor. You all worked hard.

I think the issue with these threads is that they're expected and lost their flare. I would be shocked if another guild beat Hodor completing a Vet HM Trial first. Not a stab at Hodor, it's just expected is all.

Anyway congrats again guys.
  • WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I just want a gosh darn video.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • hregrin
    hregrin
    ✭✭✭
    My deal is that Hodor and other progression guilds abuse the PTS for their own benefit, and then brag about it.

Maybe it's what they get for playtesting/bug catching for us all? Not many players are able to do it for that kind of content...

• Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    hregrin wrote: »

Maybe it's what they get for playtesting/bug catching for us all? Not many players are able to do it for that kind of content...

The problem with leting top tier raiders test your raids is what happened in Swtor.

When SWTOR did it, only those same people were able to complete it because the top tier raider feedback was 'it's too easy'. And 'too easy' for them was hard as nails for most people.

This is why balancing the entire game around the whims of the 1% does not go over well in the long run. So if that -does- become a trend, it's only going to hurt the allready small raiding audience.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on May 22, 2018 7:01AM
  • MajesticHaruki
    MajesticHaruki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I thought your job was to hold the door not go inside :D
    PC/EU @MajThorax Sorcerer and Housing Decorator prodigy
    In my spare time I collect materials and run away from mudcrabs
  • sebban
    sebban
    ✭✭✭✭
    Congratulations guys, well done!
    PC EU
    Dweia Ceban - StamDK
    Adara Ceban - MagBlade
    Daewa Ceban - MagSorc
    Tick-Tock Tormentor

Chimaira.eu

Friskyttarna.eu
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The problem with leting top tier raiders test your raids is what happened in Swtor.

When SWTOR did it, only those same people were able to complete it because the top tier raider feedback was 'it's too easy'. And 'too easy' for them was hard as nails for most people.

This is why balancing the entire game around the whims of the 1% does not go over well in the long run. So if that -does- become a trend, it's only going to hurt the allready small raiding audience.

Good thing this game has difficulty settings, rendering your entire point moot.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 22, 2018 8:13AM
  • rustic_potato
    rustic_potato
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats folks! Well I hope it takes more time for the perfect clear. Else it would be a huge letdown after all the ZOS hype.
    I play how I want to.

• AlienatedGoat
    AlienatedGoat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

If they were focused on playtesting/bugcatching, we wouldn't have the exploits problems in vAS.

They aren't focused on that at all. They just care about bragging rights.
    Edited by AlienatedGoat on May 22, 2018 8:56AM
    PC-NA Goat
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Such thorough testing that at least two vet Trial bosses now can/ have been sniped with impunity. Much thorough. Much testing. Let’s not pretend they’re doing it for the “testing”, they’re doing it for the challenge and bragging rights.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Peekachu99 wrote: »

Such thorough testing that at least two vet Trial bosses now can/ have been sniped with impunity. Much thorough. Much testing. Let’s not pretend they’re doing it for the “testing”, they’re doing it for the challenge and bragging rights.

You test by playing the content at the highest level possible. Very few players can complete vet HM trials. They're meant to catch any obvious bugs. Exploits are exploits because they use non-conventional strategies to break the boundaries of the game.

The salt in this thread is unreal. But then, it's the same any time a thread like this gets posted. Some people will always be jealous of the achievements of others.
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on May 22, 2018 9:10AM