Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Rework and/or Fix is needed for Relequen Set.

SevenPacer
SevenPacer
✭✭✭
Seeing people use the set on every single build including Magicka based ones -which is okay, the game itself pushes you to use whatever you want- is now frustrating. Dozens of people are hitting ~50k on their magblades using the perfected version combined with Siroria.
When I first tried it on PTS, I was happy to recieve another set other than War Machine as a stamina player but with every PTS patch, it just became stronger and stronger and now it's considered pretty much BiS for every single class. I don't want to sound selfish here and ask you guys to rework it so that it is usable for stamina players only, you just need to adjust the damage output this set is doing to balance the differences between sets as Relequen itself is giving at least 5k dps.

Example:
https://youtube.com/watch?v=BlrDkTGcBQk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BlrDkTGcBQk

Another thing is the current bug players are having. If there is more than one person using the perfected version in the group, the set's dps is somehow lowered. However, if there are 2 players; 1 with non-perfected 1 with perfected, it works just fine. I am not sure if this was intended.
@SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's disappointing that the gap is closing between stam and magika in terms of damage, it's even more disappointing that the new trials favor magika. Pretty soon we will go back to being the elder staves online because if magika can pull as much as stamina, you take magika because better survivability . The fact that magika can pick up a stam set and perform well is clearly not intended but any nerfs to it might affects stamina too.
    Edited by Aliyavana on May 21, 2018 2:45AM
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    It's disappointing that the gap is closing between stam and magika in terms of damage, it's even more disappointing that the new trials favor magika. Pretty soon we will go back to being the elder staves online because if magika can pull as much as stamina, you take magika because better survivability

Whether that's true or not, it doesn't have much to do with the point of this thread. OP is pointing out that a stamina damage set is now very close to BIS for magicka builds, which suggests the set is imbalanced. Stamina v. magicka just distracts from that (important) topic, and can be discussed in any number of other, already existing threads.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    We’re talking about such a big boost that magicka players are ignoring 4 stamina set bonuses to get the 5th.
    Stamina users thought Relequen wouldn’t be reliable for bosses with high mobility but if mags are using it without any issue while having the range advantage? GG
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope this doesn’t go live. There is no way this set should be BIS on a mageblade, end of story.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Well, I mean, Zos did nerf Acuity into oblivion, so a new set that would work for both mag and stam had to come from somewhere.
    Edited by JPcrazysquirrel3 on May 21, 2018 5:53AM
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "It's just not a home until you decorate the torture chamber, am I right?"
    "If you want to lose 10lbs of ugly fat, I'd be happy to chop your head off!"
    "Degenerates!" --- Todd Howard
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

PC (just for PTS since Dragon Bones)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

Playing since console release in 2015

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Also,
    Shhh! I don't want them to ruin this set too!
    "Wood Elves aren't made of wood. Sea Elves aren't made of water. M'aiq still wonders about High Elves."
    "If it's not broke, don't fix it,....unless you're ZO$ and are just doing it for the money!" --- Me
    Class reps are just like our politicians. They promise mountains made of gold for us, but in the end, whenever they can they try to push their own agenda.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

17 characters; mainly play PvE tanks and healer, as well as PvP stamDK, magplar, and stamblade; I also have a handful of DPS toons to have variety. All AD, with one, now PvE, DC toon.

I was on the forums before, but something happened with my account info and I had to create a new account.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Well, I mean, Zos did nerf Acuity into oblivion, so a new set that would work for both mag and stam had to come from somewhere.

Ta Daaaa!
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope they don't end up nerfing it for stam because mag was using it in ways it wasn't intended.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SevenPacer wrote: »
    Seeing people use the set on every single build including Magicka based ones -which is okay, the game itself pushes you to use whatever you want- is now frustrating. Dozens of people are hitting ~50k on their magblades using the perfected version combined with Siroria.
    When I first tried it on PTS, I was happy to recieve another set other than War Machine as a stamina player but with every PTS patch, it just became stronger and stronger and now it's considered pretty much BiS for every single class. I don't want to sound selfish here and ask you guys to rework it so that it is usable for stamina players only, you just need to adjust the damage output this set is doing to balance the differences between sets as Relequen itself is giving at least 5k dps.

Example:

Another thing is the current bug players are having. If there is more than one person using the perfected version in the group, the set's dps is somehow lowered. However, if there are 2 players; 1 with non-perfected 1 with perfected, it works just fine. I am not sure if this was intended.

Is it HM or just vet for perfected pieces? Sorry - been too busy IRL to keep up with where perfected drops.

If HM only people already very top end players who would not actually need it will have it before it is nerfed anyway

EDIT: NM the bonus for perfected is only more stam anyway. So gear from normal will be accessible. Holy[snip] lol xD I just went and read the sets. No wonder you're concerned xD

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on May 23, 2018 1:21PM
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Aliyavana wrote: »
    I hope they don't end up nerfing it for stam because mag was using it in ways it wasn't intended.

Too bad, so sad. They nerfed Acuity, so everyone will flock to Relenquen. If Zos later nerfs Relenquen because of it, then we'll all be screwed again anyways, so nobody wins!

But yeah, I hope they don't nerf it. Won't be surprised if they do though.
    Edited by JPcrazysquirrel3 on May 21, 2018 6:19AM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

Is it HM or just vet for perfected pieces? Sorry - been too busy IRL to keep up with where perfected drops.

If HM only people already very top end players who would not actually need it will have it before it is nerfed anyway

EDIT: NM the bonus for perfected is only more stam anyway. So gear from normal will be accessible.

The perfected can be acquired from just vet, Alcast seemed to believe on another thread.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Example:

EDIT: NM the bonus for perfected is only more stam anyway. So gear from normal will be accessible.

The perfected can be acquired from just vet, Alcast seemed to believe on another thread.

I edited. Can see your point really.
  • TarmoRhox
    TarmoRhox
    Soul Shriven
    It could use a simple fix like only melee attack’s or only physical/poison/disease attacks can prod its damage effect.

Overall idea of such set with non-burst but sustained proc damage is very nice and fresh combat-wise as it rewards you for constant and correct damaging of your enemy in long period of time (like new layer of combat gameplay). However, such a big number as 6-7k could be a thing to balance and I mean not just nerfing number, it could be just making conditions for sustaining effect more complicated so that you will have to sacrifice some other sources of damage but with be rewarded from this one.
  • heng14rwb17_ESO
    heng14rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Relequen op.....nerf Relequen
  • Gallagher563
    Gallagher563
    ✭✭✭
    I wished from the beginning that they just added weapon damage instead of proc damage. If they made it deal the same damage as the magicka set it would be fine and would not be run on magicka characters.
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    As I said, I am okay with it being viable for every class, I am not going to cry over a set because mags are using it as well, I just don’t want it to be hitting like a truck.
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I hope it gets nerfed. I'm sick of Stam being carried by sets in order to compete with the naturally powerful magicka specs. Before this it was the group synergy of NMG and SF. Before that it was Maelstrom daggers. I would just like stamina to be naturally powerful for once rather than get carried by some gimmick.
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Daus wrote: »
    I hope it gets nerfed. I'm sick of Stam being carried by sets in order to compete with the naturally powerful magicka specs. Before this it was the group synergy of NMG and SF. Before that it was Maelstrom daggers. I would just like stamina to be naturally powerful for once rather than get carried by some gimmick.

Than it ends that nobody is taking us - the stamina players - in raids anymore, because... oh wait you don't do damage and you can die more easy in "things".

If Stamina would be not comparable - even when it's with a specific set - you would always take only Magicka players with you. MagShield OP.

And Summerset is a great update for Magplayers, more LA-DMG, staff-2-bonus, psijic-skilline with Minor Force as a skill instead of Beasttrap.

Relequen doesn't need a nerf, the players needs a nerf. If you have a "good" player, the set does 5k DPS. If you have a "bad" player, the set does 1.2-3k DPS.
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    Chufu wrote: »

Than it ends that nobody is taking us - the stamina players - in raids anymore, because... oh wait you don't do damage and you can die more easy in "things".

If Stamina would be not comparable - even when it's with a specific set - you would always take only Magicka players with you. MagShield OP.

And Summerset is a great update for Magplayers, more LA-DMG, staff-2-bonus, psijic-skilline with Minor Force as a skill instead of Beasttrap.

Relequen doesn't need a nerf, the players needs a nerf. If you have a "good" player, the set does 5k DPS. If you have a "bad" player, the set does 1.2-3k DPS.

Gotta disagree with that. The set requires you to light or heavy attack only to reach its top dps outcome and as far as I know, even mediocre players can do a light attack in between skills.

And getting this set requires you to complete veteran Cloudrest... which makes you an above average player again as well...
    Edited by SevenPacer on May 21, 2018 1:25PM
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • Darkdex
    Darkdex
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you aware of this Situation?
  • Berenhir
    Berenhir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Darkdex wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno are you aware of this Situation?

Got nerfed /thread
    PC EU - Ebonheart Pact - Gray Host - Death Recap -#zergfarming -
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭

Example:

I edited. Can see your point really.
    Chufu wrote: »

Gotta disagree with that. The set requires you to light or heavy attack only to reach its top dps outcome and as far as I know, even mediocre players can do a light attack in between skills.

And getting this set requires you to complete veteran Cloudrest... which makes you an above average player again as well...

You don't have to do Vet to get it. You can get it on Normal and still be fine. The only difference between Regular and Perfected is an bit of extra stamina.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    Extra bit of stamina like a 1000? That's a lot when you are playing for the end game and min/max matters to you. :)
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    Extra bit of stamina like a 1000? That's a lot when you are playing for the end game and min/max matters to you. :)

Something like that. Aegis of Galenwe does max health and Siroria does max magicka.

I play end game, but couldn't really care less. If you have good sustain, what's it matter to have an extra bit of max resources?
    Besides, it's going to be easier to get the regular version anyways by doing normal on an already challenging trial than try to get full raids together to farm it on vet.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sigh, just get the set quit qq ing please it breaks my immersion. ZOS has never adjusted, it bams straight from BIS to garbage.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    Sigh, just get the set quit qq ing please it breaks my immersion. ZOS has never adjusted, it bams straight from BIS to garbage.

Who is QQing, other than you?

I was stating that Perfected isn't really necessary for all the effort.
    Edited by JPcrazysquirrel3 on May 21, 2018 9:18PM

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play end game, but couldn't really care less. If you have good sustain, what's it matter to have an extra bit of max resources?

Mmmh… more damage ?
  • JPcrazysquirrel3
    JPcrazysquirrel3
    ✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

Mmmh… more damage ?
    Good sustain keeps the damage coming.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Bio:
    I am in a Kevduit video
    PS4 (main platform)
    --- JP_Dovahkriid

--- JP_Dovahkriid

• RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »

Mmmh… more damage ?
    Good sustain keeps the damage coming.

And more resources gives more raw damage. It's a win on all side.
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    I wished from the beginning that they just added weapon damage instead of proc damage. If they made it deal the same damage as the magicka set it would be fine and would not be run on magicka characters.

This. The reason why staminas can’t use Siroria so why not do the same for Relequen and turn 5th piece into wep dmg boost only? Come on ZoS @ZOS_GinaBruno
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]