The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Worlds First vCR HM & Speedrun by Hodor

• Sylosi
    Sylosi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Challenging PvE...
  • Shadowmaster
    Shadowmaster
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Congrats all!

As said on Twitter to Alcast though. I have a lot of respect to the dedication and effort you all put into these clears, but at the same time it's very disappointing to see content being beaten on the first day (or hour) of a new update.

Fang Peak bosses are 50x harder than Volenfell ones maybe whoever is making those dungeons should be helping with the trial stuff.
  • ANGEL_BtVS
    ANGEL_BtVS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Congrats all!

As said on Twitter to Alcast though. I have a lot of respect to the dedication and effort you all put into these clears, but at the same time it's very disappointing to see content being beaten on the first day (or hour) of a new update.

I kind of agree, but then again imagine if the best players like them couldn't clear it. The vast majority of the player base still can't clear older vet trials which are easier.
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Meld777 wrote: »
    Gratz!

But still... lol @ difficulty. As predicted :D

I mean I'm sure they have been running it over and over on the test servers. So not like this was their first time in there.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn, that was fast.

Good job.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Rokushakubo
    Rokushakubo
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah I don't really think this means much to most especially given that y'all have been running it on PTS. Would mean more in a game where PTS doesn't exist and the race for first starts for everyone equally. Nonetheless, congrats on being the first to login and run content you've been running for weeks.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Carbonised wrote: »
    You really all went directly into the game and trial simply to do this and go make a forum post about it? Way to killl all the fun out of it for yourselves, so gratz on that anyway.

You realise that maybe that's what they get their joy out of? I never ever see end game players bash how other people play their game but there's enough of y'all that bash them. Go pay their sub fee and then maybe you can dictate how they play.
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just wanna know how many practice runs were done on the PTS before the live run. With a speed run like that, I imagine quite a few. Congrats on the achievement.
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How many stam DDs in group?
  • Chufu
    Chufu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Congrats Hodor, that's a nice run and good work from all of your 12 players! <3
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »

I hope you didn't ask this unironically
    Edited by Voxicity on May 22, 2018 9:29AM
  • AhPook_Is_Here
    AhPook_Is_Here
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Congrats.

Maybe if it was a real trial it would've taken longer than 15 minutes, tho.

Have you ever had your mom lecture you for 15 minutes? 15 minutes can be a very harrowing trial depending on the situation.
    “Whatever.”
    -Unknown American
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

None.

Raraaku wrote: »
    I just wanna know how many practice runs were done on the PTS before the live run. With a speed run like that, I imagine quite a few. Congrats on the achievement.

Been raiding on PTS since it got out, three times a week and sometimes more.

@IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Ajitator
    Ajitator
    ✭✭✭
    Something doesn't sit right with me that content released just this morning was beaten because people got to play it and practice for a month on the PTS.

Pretty sure that's not what it's there for,.

Grats on your self proclaimed "Worlds first" title. Feels good?
  • Raraaku
    Raraaku
    ✭✭✭✭

None.

Raraaku wrote: »

Been raiding on PTS since it got out, three times a week and sometimes more.

Very nice, dedication often reaps in great rewards, congratulations once again!
    Back from a much needed break. || I like having too many projects and working on them all at once.

Tank Enthusiast || CP: 445 || Stormproof

Tanks
    Karsaak gro-Ursa: DC || Orc || Stamina Dragonknight || Tank || Level: CP 445
    Sir Leopold Stotch: DC || Breton || Magicka Templar || Tank || Level: 445
    Protects-Squishy-Ones: EP || Argonian || Magicka Sorcerer || Tank/CC || Level: CP 445
    Björn Shadow-Walker: EP || Nord || Stamina Nightblade || Tank || Level: 15
    Tiberius Valerion: AD || Imperial || Stamina Warden || Tank || Level: 15

Damage Dealers
    Morrigan Ravyn-Cloak: AD || Altmer || Magicka Nightblade || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ra'Zahkara: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Dragonknight || DPS || Level: CP 445
    Ezra al-Khazir: DC || Redguard || Stamina Templar || DPS || Level: 40
    Erryndril Telvaux: EP || Dunmer || Magicka Dragonknight || DPS || Level: 25
    Uzara gra-Khalari: DC || Orc || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [2H/DW] || Level: 15
    Solomon Motierre: DC || Breton || Magicka Sorcerer || DPS || Level: 20
    Ragnar the Wulf: EP || Nord || Stamina Warden || DPS || Level: 30
    Ra'Rahku: AD || Khajiit || Stamina Nightblade || DPS [Bow/Bow] || Level: 15

Healers
    Sees-through-Hist: EP || Argonian || Magicka Warden || Healer/CC || CP 445
    Daedalus the Artificer: AD || Altmer || Magicka Templar || Healer || Level: 15
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hodor making bad people cry about things they'll never achieve anyway :trollface:

Gz on speedrun
    What was the group composition, 8 magnbs? :lol:
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BohnT wrote: »
    Hodor making bad people cry about things they'll never achieve anyway :trollface:

Gz on speedrun

6 with 1 magsorc and a third tank
    Edited by Voxicity on May 21, 2018 4:05PM
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The amount of salt in this thread. MMO communities never cease to surprise me. If you think this proves the content is easy, go in there and do the same thing and let people enjoy things.

Congrats for the clear!
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ajitator wrote: »
    Something doesn't sit right with me that content released just this morning was beaten because people got to play it and practice for a month on the PTS.

At the same time, there aren't going to be a lot of organized groups capable of providing feedback on Vet HM trial runs. Past Craglorn, I haven't even touched vet mode for any of the new trials. That was their prize to earn, and it's not going to take any thing from the game I'm playing.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does feel good, thank you! We're also not pleased with how the PTS system is, but as it stands, zenimax doesnt have a proper QA team to test these trials, so its either this or release bugged and flawed content.

Gz on speedrun

3 DK's, 1 Templar, 1 Warden, 1 Sorcerer, and 6 Nightblades, all magicka ofcourse.
    Kova wrote: »
    The amount of salt in this thread. MMO communities never cease to surprise me. If you think this proves the content is easy, go in there and do the same thing and let people enjoy things.

Congrats for the clear!

I agree, the salt in these threads never ceases to amuse me.

@IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Linaleah
    Linaleah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It does feel good, thank you! We're also not pleased with how the PTS system is, but as it stands, zenimax doesnt have a proper QA team to test these trials, so its either this or release bugged and flawed content.

Gz on speedrun

3 DK's, 1 Templar, 1 Warden, 1 Sorcerer, and 6 Nightblades, all magicka ofcourse.
    Kova wrote: »

Congrats for the clear!

I agree, the salt in these threads never ceases to amuse me.

congrats on your achievement but don't you think the fact that you all ended up stacking nighblades for your clear other then tank/healer essentials - is ALSO flawed?

not trying to put it all on you, its on ZoS to balance classes, just mean... if the purpose of you all testing it on pts is to make sure that content is not released in flawed state... seems like its not really serving its purpose anyways.
    dirty worthless casual.
    Reputation is what other people know about you. Honor is what you know about yourself. Guard your honor. Let your reputation fall where it will. And outlive the ***
    Lois McMaster Bujold "A Civil Campaign"
  • ClockworkCityBugs
    ClockworkCityBugs
    ✭✭✭
    good old times when VET Ophidia clear takes a months to complete, even without HM! from release

and now

its just pathetic to see such low difficulty

nothing to proud here
    Edited by ClockworkCityBugs on May 21, 2018 4:25PM
  • ezeepeezee
    ezeepeezee
    ✭✭✭✭

Of course! :|
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The practice time is nice, but the biggest advantage they get is the ability to pull whatever set piece they want out of the container of All The Sets That Exist.

Wanna try dual wielding master swords? Just pull them out of the bag. Sword and mace? In the bag. Mace and axe? In the bag. Different traits? In the bag.

They never need to farm for the items they want to use in their practice and experiences. So they never end up spending time getting items that do not work as well as expected.

The pre-release practice time already calls into question the value of “first”, but having god mode for gear makes the first clear on the test server still have a credibility issue.
    Xbox NA
  • Shad0wfire99
    Shad0wfire99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cryptical wrote: »
    The practice time is nice, but the biggest advantage they get is the ability to pull whatever set piece they want out of the container of All The Sets That Exist.

Wanna try dual wielding master swords? Just pull them out of the bag. Sword and mace? In the bag. Mace and axe? In the bag. Different traits? In the bag.

They never need to farm for the items they want to use in their practice and experiences. So they never end up spending time getting items that do not work as well as expected.

The pre-release practice time already calls into question the value of “first”, but having god mode for gear makes the first clear on the test server still have a credibility issue.

You know that "god mode" bag of goodies isn't on the live server, right?

XBox NA
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh sure.. nice.. congrats as always, but l'm beginning to to realize that Hodor are really the Bethesda and/or ZOS developers. No way these are otherwise normal players with full-time jobs and life. Ha ha
  • BohnT
    BohnT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    GreenhaloX wrote: »
    Oh sure.. nice.. congrats as always, but l'm beginning to to realize that Hodor are really the Bethesda and/or ZOS developers. No way these are otherwise normal players with full-time jobs and life. Ha ha

Then we'd Play a different game for sure, especially balance wise xD
  • Cryptical
    Cryptical
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh, I know that.

Did you read my second-to-last paragraph?

Hodor, and all the other pc players, never need to spend time farming gear to experiment with sets because all of those items are in the bag. So they don’t have to spend time on the live server getting an item that turns out to be a dud.

They only ever need to farm on live for the exact piece that worked the best on the test server.

Not only does the pre-release exposure grant special practice time, but also they don’t have to farm gear for experimentation - they already know what’s exactly needed and have prepped their live server characters with those items.

Edited by Cryptical on May 21, 2018 4:56PM
    Xbox NA
  • Peekachu99
    Peekachu99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

The point he was making was that it’s eliminating trial/ error and failure times. That’s why people are discrediting the declaration of “world first” when Hodor’s actual “world first” was whenever they first did it on PTS—with caveats regarding gear optimization on the fly. I mean you can do the Trial sets WITH the Trial sets on PTS without having to farm any of them, can’t you? I didn’t check it out this cycle PTS but I think that’s the case.
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Almost no death on release day lol, man really where is my full trial, it’s hard to pass this off as hardest content to date

I’m salty it isn’t a full trial for a chapter instead it’s a mini trial that almost got beat completely on day one
    #MOREORBS