The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Players are getting rich ( really rich ) selling vas skin

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Aesthier wrote: »

EDIT - selling a skin by actually doing the trial is great for the game and players can use their skill to get rich. Fair game.

I don't agree. While exploiting players for money is different than exploiting the mechanics of the game which is bannable, I really see no difference between them. Both lower the value, rarity, and achievement of gaining the skin.

By the same means, I get exploited when I buy stuff at a guild trader.

You trade your gold for an item, service, etc. Why is a skin different than a stack of Dreugh Wax? I’d argue that some things take much longer to obtain than a trial skin, but we can purchase those anyway (like that stack of Dreugh Wax).

Selling skins is fine as long as:
    1. There is no account sharing (against TOS)
    2. There is no real money involved (against TOS)
    3. There are obviously no exploits involved (against TOS)

Some people hate the idea of selling skins but have never thought of it this way. It’s the exact same thing.

In fact it makes me very happy to see selling skins as a common practice. There are people who have plenty of gold but who will NEVER have the time, skill, care, or whatever to run these 12-man pieces of group content. It’s very difficult stuff that these skins are locked behind, and takes a certain type of player to enjoy. If you are a full time PvPer you will never get a cool skin, but because of this, you can convert your AP into Gold, and then Gold into the skin you so desperately want. Everyone wins.

Plus ever since trial gear became BoP, the need for gold by trial groups is pretty dire. Most of my team is poor asf lol, though you’d think people play so much are rich.

I dont disagree but doesn't that devalue the reward from said content as a whole?

Why should people be allowed to pay for something that is about putting in the effort to obtain? Kinda makes the rewards redundant. They fixed vMoL for a reason so that people couldn't exploit the fact that you didn't have to complete the rest of the trial to obtain the skin, now you do.
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • Luckylancer
    Luckylancer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

EDIT - selling a skin by actually doing the trial is great for the game and players can use their skill to get rich. Fair game.

I don't agree. While exploiting players for money is considered different than exploiting the mechanics of the game which is bannable, I really see no difference between them. Both lower the value, rarity, and achievement of gaining the skin.

Open your eyes to see it.

Exploiters use a game bug to milk other players with little efford. Only they know bug so this make a monopoly that pump gold to them. They dont have to good players with strong toons too.

Guilds use their chracters and game knowledge to clear hard content while handicaped to gain money.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People are now selling the super rare Polymorph as well, which means they have done this a lot
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • The_ghosted1
    Bump
    Ps4 EU Server
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SASQUATCH0 wrote: »
    I think this new trial setup is a big problem. They kinda fixed this issue in vmol by making it so you had to kill every boss in the trial to get the skin. Same with vhof. Now in these new trials you have to kill all the bosses at the same time. Making it easier to exploit for skins

When did that go into effect? This morning?
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• Ximinetto
    Ximinetto
    ✭✭✭
    Jameliel wrote: »
    You mean they are collecting a bunch of data within data? They experience pleasure from it? Good for them. Stop thinking about it, and you too may experience other pleasures=)

You mean they are collecting data within other data and breaking the TOS to get that data? You know, the TOS we all agree to before using that data to experience pleasure? The TOS that lays out how we can and can't use amd obtain that data?

For some people, its a problem that people cheat the fights to get the skins.
    For some people, its that the TOS is being broken-the TOS says you report exploits and dont use them, and this is obviously an exploit.
    For some people, its about consistency. Players were banned for this exploit when it first happened, therefore ZOS' response is very important now that its recurred.

So, no, ZOS' response to this recurring exploit for which other players were banned is not (and never was) simply a matter of collecting data in a game. Its knowingly and obviously breaking the TOS those players agreed to, and now, its stupidly doing so to abuse a glitch that others got banned for.

I mean, seriously, the last bunch of players to exploit vAS got banned. How stupid is it to think "I can use a very similar exploit that has the same effect and not get punished"?

Maybe the guy who you quote use that exploit or whatever is. Be rude with him,no wise kids allowed. Later they grow and their conduits are wrong.
    Edited by Ximinetto on May 21, 2018 3:24PM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LOL they moved it to dungeons and trials section

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Voxicity wrote: »

Another fine move
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DPShiro wrote: »
    Voxicity wrote: »

Another fine move

Classic ZOS

Perma bans first time around, then sweep under the carpet when it happens again

I will NEVER understand ZOS' actions when it comes to cheating/exploiting in the game
  • Aesthier
    Aesthier
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I don't agree. While exploiting players for money is considered different than exploiting the mechanics of the game which is bannable, I really see no difference between them. Both lower the value, rarity, and achievement of gaining the skin.

Open your eyes to see it.

Exploiters use a game bug to milk other players with little efford. Only they know bug so this make a monopoly that pump gold to them. They dont have to good players with strong toons too.

Guilds use their chracters and game knowledge to clear hard content while handicaped to gain money.

Well as @DPShiro so kindly pointed out the definition of "exploit" in another thread I will use it here to perhaps "open" Your eyes to what I am talking about.

DPShiro wrote: »
    exploit

verb
    ɪkˈsplɔɪt,ɛkˈsplɔɪt/Submit
    make full use of and derive benefit from (a resource).

"500 companies sprang up to exploit this new technology"
    synonyms: utilize, make use of, put to use, use, use to good advantage, turn/put to good use, make the most of, capitalize on, benefit from, turn to account, draw on; More
    make use of (a situation) in a way considered unfair or underhand.
    "the company was exploiting a legal loophole"

^ Fixed that for you so you can see why players who "sell" runs should be banned as well (providing bans take place) since they too are exploiting.