Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Overload light attack is triggering the weapon enchantment and alchemy poisons

Ankael07
Ankael07
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Is this intended or bugged? If its intended its gonna be a pain to deal with Overload+infused builds
If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • danno8
    danno8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not to mention Empowered.
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Its a light Attack so its intended
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Its a light Attack so its intended

Well it shouldve been mentioned in the patch notes and not noticed by players 3 days before the patch goes live.
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Has it not always done this?
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Defilted wrote: »
    Has it not always done this?

Its not like this on live right now. I didnt even see it on PTS until the last patch
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    danno8 wrote: »

Come on ... This potatoe build only work when you play without any survavibility, without regen and with another slow-moving potatoe skill called Crystal Blast ...

You can't just ask for a nerf ( like empower ) without any suggestion ( but i agree that it shouldn't proc the weapon enchantment).

I prupose to change how Crystal blast work, this skill should proc & stun & deal 10% increased damage (PVP), the other should proc & deal additional Aoe damage & 10% increase damaged (PVE) ... even if an original morph would be cool.

Then change the Power Overload morph, so you could still do your rotation and swap bar, and each light attack with a weapon would consume ultimates and deal additional damage until you run out or toggle off the ultimate:
    Charge your Fists weapons with the power of the storm, Light attacks become Lightning bolts dealing X additional damage, and your heavy attacks blast enemies in target area near the target for X additional damage. Attacks deplete Ultimate until you run out or the ability is toggled off. you can not gain ultimate while using this ultimate.

So PVE boys could use it, this would be perfect with weaving and used in many contents, and the second morph could keep the third bar for PVP boy.
    Edited by Apherius on May 19, 2018 3:22PM
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They have changed many things that where not mentioned.
    While this could be a bug, I would welcome it if it wasn't. Overload has been so restricted for a long time. Not being able to use weapon abilities with it, no enchants and clunky animations.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apherius wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »

Come on ... This potatoe build only work when you play without any survavibility, without regen and with another slow-moving potatoe skill called Crystal Blast ...

You can't just ask for a nerf ( like empower ) without any suggestion ( but i agree that it shouldn't proc the weapon enchantment).

I prupose to change how Crystal blast work, this skill should proc & stun & deal 10% increased damage (PVP), the other should proc & deal additional Aoe damage & 10% increase damaged (PVE) ... even if an original morph would be cool.

Then change the Power Overload morph, so you could still do your rotation and swap bar, and each light attack with a weapon would consume ultimates and deal additional damage until you run out or toggle off the ultimate:
    Charge your Fists weapons with the power of the storm, Light attacks become Lightning bolts dealing X additional damage, and your heavy attacks blast enemies in target area near the target for X additional damage. Attacks deplete Ultimate until you run out or the ability is toggled off. you can not gain ultimate while using this ultimate.

So PVE boys could use it, this would be perfect with weaving and used in many contents, and the second morph could keep the third bar for PVP boy.

No offense, but if you think Overload isn't going to be a problem with Empower you didn't test properly. First off, it doesn't have anything to do with Crystal Blast, rather with Rune Cage. You can create a lethal burst with Empowered Overload + Curse + Cage, and depending on your bar setup also Endless Fury. This consumes very little ultimate, while the OL light attack actually restores some magicka, so it is very sustainable.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overload has always activated glyphs.

Now never tested with poisons, but definitely glyphs have always triggered
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I've just tested on live. Neither LA nor HA of Overload trigger's enchantments or poisons on live server.

We already have Overload ganking builds on live servers why would they add %20 more damage and enchantments on top of that is beyond my understanding.

Edited by Ankael07 on May 19, 2018 5:30PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »

I've just tested on live. Neither LA nor HA of Overload trigger's enchantments or poisons on live server.

We already have Overload ganking builds on live servers why would they add %20 more damage and enchantments on top of that is beyond my understanding.

Then that was altered at some point (it has been... OMG... Years since I used it last... really? Yeah I guess so)

- obviously my last time was prior to the existence of poisons

So...

My question becomes, would it be a bug? (Poisons are probably but enchantments?)
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oh god. I'm so done with this game
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I thought there wasnt going to be any more class balance changes in this patch. Why was Overload buffed this way?
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's definitely a bug, as weapon passives don't work in overload either (e.g. dual wield % dmg bonus from swords), as you don't hold the weapons in hand. Can't really be proccing enchants and poisons from weapons that you don't hold.