The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Battlegrounds - Really just try it!

• Galalin
    Galalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Tried it. Did not like. Couldn’t figure out wth we were supposed to be doing. Got beat on and crushed for 10 minutes. Not fun.

No one comes to chat to try and explain anything. Battlegrounds are just garbage afaic

Sounds like this.

I tried it once i didn't try again or ask around or google it to help me understand. It was hard and I want everything now with no effort on my part.

If you don't even know the game modes, how they work or have experience with PvP then what do you expect to happen? Maybe try a few matches and get to understand BG's then evaluate it. If you call it garbage because you got beat on I question whether this has anything to do with BG's themselves or your lack of skill in PvP as a player ( and i do not mean that in a bad way). I mean its easy to just dive into and follow around a zerg and think WoW we are rolling over everyone im so good at PvP. Battlegrounds is an excellent place to improve on PvP skills if you give it a truly fair chance you will probably see your skill improve very quickly.

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I enjoy it when both team are noobs - much fun.

Not so much when its a premade.

Yeah there are some harsh premades that is true, but I try to watch what they do and see how I can counter/learn from it.

Sometimes you just get heavy execute to death/durok bane/Zaan everywhere, but you just have to learn to shagass away...(ZOS: look it up, I'm not saying a bad word please get it together!)

One thing with premades is that they coordinate their load outs/poisons etc- that kind of organisation is difficult to overcome, but there really aren't that many of those ones.

Also? Gilliam the rogue. Aw hell naw. You're gonna die.

In 5 weeks I've killed her/him twice and that was with help.

Seriously, that guy/girl is deadly and not fookin aboot.
    Edited by Mureel on May 18, 2018 4:08PM
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    I tried it for the first time this week as well and it's fun! My question is: Is any of the armor you get worth using or just make sure what you have has crit resist on it. Yes, I'm a pvp noob!
    Edited by bri5 on May 18, 2018 4:23PM
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    BGs are good fun. Solo is playable, but my best advice is to find at least a duo partner. Even if neither of you are great it’s awesome to have a like minded group member

@Lexxypwns
    Yeah this because you can decide then depending on what's happening, if you wanna go for the win or just pad out your Pit Bully ach a bit. Sometimes you have to just decide to go for kills if your group is all over the place and doesn't say anything.

Further to that, sometimes you might get a group mate who is all look, I have 14 kills to go, I'm going for kills - then I'm the type who will say F the objective and just help them rack their kills.

Also, it ensures you never have to fight more than double your number. Since the damage is lower this means you can survive and make a fun fight out of even a for sure loss because the numbers never overwhelm you.

You can also start to develop build synergy at this point, having a player run troll king or a magika spec running wizards/trans or someone in Duroks, etc. This allows you to achieve much higher killing power than your individual specs would have.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on May 18, 2018 4:53PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    bri5 wrote: »
    I tried it for the first time this week as well and it's fun! My question is: Is any of the armor you get worth using or just make sure what you have has crit resist on it. Yes, I'm a pvp noob!

It depends...use coward set if you wanna be a runner (I forget the other set my friend who runs relics wears, I'll ask later and post back but he is working now) and wizards riposte is nice for inc damage reduction - but some people use wizards with duroks (Selenes web heavy drop) as cheese- I personally don't know about the other sets.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @bri5
    If you're new and just wanna be tanky as Mag build use spinners and Fortified Brass (as one example) - to survive and do some damage until you know/play better. Also look here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/383840/math-pvp-defensive-set-comparison-impreg-brass-pariah-riposte-more

Use with 1x Kena for example.

One thing to avoid is to try and crutch on cheesy/cancer builds because you won't learn much and you'll have your gear nerfed sooner or later.

I can't say it enough: when you're newbie, unstoppable/resource/health pots.
    Edited by Mureel on May 18, 2018 5:11PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Also, I'm SURE someone far better/more knowledgeable than I will come along soon!
  • M_Volsung
    M_Volsung
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    GFHYZex.gif
    "In the Deep Halls, Far from Men;
    Forsaken Red Mountain, Twisted Kin;
    Hail the Mind, Hail the Stone;
    Dwarven Pride, Stronger than Bone"

—Dwemer Inquiries I-III, Thelwe Ghelein
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    M_Volsung wrote: »
    GFHYZex.gif

Yes! NAO!
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭

It depends...use coward set if you wanna be a runner (I forget the other set my friend who runs relics wears, I'll ask later and post back but he is working now) and wizards riposte is nice for inc damage reduction - but some people use wizards with duroks (Selenes web heavy drop) as cheese- I personally don't know about the other sets.

Thanks! I was kinda looking at those two and thought they could be useful. Was also wondering about impregnable set, that seems good as well
    Edited by bri5 on May 18, 2018 5:04PM
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Thanks! I was kinda looking at those two and thought they could be useful. Was also wondering about impregnable set, that seems good as well

@bri5
    I know for sure that people use it; but I'm just not experienced enough to know when/why.
    Edited by Mureel on May 18, 2018 5:10PM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I come from a mainly pve background but I have to tell you, for everyone out there who is all meh pvp and meh lag etc - I really tell you now: Battlegrounds is FUN!

Yes there's some cheese and yes, there are some frickin OP AF preformed- but I've gotten so so much better by learning from the OP groups!

They are short and sweet, and just a really good time.

I personally do not love chaosball - because I'm squishy and it's tricksy, but if you have a tanky runner it's amazing.

I'm not even very good and I die almost as much as I kill/assist but only a few weeks ago I died way more and killed way less.

Now, I kill a lot more and die a bit less.

No one has ever treated me badly or acted shirty when I wasn't as good - and it's really fun.

One time, in relic one, we had an amazing runner and I just guarded our own my best and he carry the group with so many points (really!) and I said 'lol nice thanks for the carry!' and he was all 'nah fam - we all did this!'

I promise ya. Give it a go, you might be surprised!

(Sigil still needs to be deleted though, in Deathmatch)

Spot on. Agree totally its a nice break from zergy Vivec and actually made me see the light on noCP as it really suits BG. It's made me MainLy focus Sotha sil now.

But agreed, more should try it. Espech as it's free!
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • bri5
    bri5
    ✭✭✭
    @bri5
    If you're new and just wanna be tanky as Mag build use spinners and Fortified Brass (as one example) - to survive and do some damage until you know/play better. Also look here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/383840/math-pvp-defensive-set-comparison-impreg-brass-pariah-riposte-more

One thing to avoid is to try and crutch on cheesy/cancer builds because you won't learn much and you'll have your gear nerfed sooner or later.

Thanks! Also was wondering could i just transmute some of my pve armor that i am wearing now, like necro to impenetrable?
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @bri5

Thanks! Also was wondering could i just transmute some of my pve armor that i am wearing now, like necro to impenetrable?

@bri5
    If you run a pet build yeah sure. You can also buy impen necro so cheap vs divines/infused.

Also, you can only transmute 2x (or is it 3?) per piece...you only need purple armour - you can even go with purple weapons, but I choose gold weapons/enchants always.

Like I say: check with anyone better than me, I'm still a noob myself!
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bgs are fine, good for testing things out to an extent and escaping Cyrodil. Although they’ve grown stale for me, before I played them all the time and actually played objectives. Now I play a few matches and don’t even try to win.

Bgs need something fresh for those of us that’s been playing them since launch.

I do like matches without premades, hopefully the new system and new players make solo queue better.
  • CatchMeTrolling
    CatchMeTrolling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    By any chance did this get moved to the bg section? If so I don’t know why mods keep burying threads like that especially one saying try out bgs.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    By any chance did this get moved to the bg section? If so I don’t know why mods keep burying threads like that especially one saying try out bgs.

Idk. Because they want to kill everything good.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, was moved. Lol. Typical.
  • Merlin13KAGL
    Merlin13KAGL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    kylewwefan wrote: »
    Tried it. Did not like. Couldn’t figure out wth we were supposed to be doing. Got beat on and crushed for 10 minutes. Not fun.

No one comes to chat to try and explain anything. Battlegrounds are just garbage afaic

Yeah - I can see where you're coming from. If you spend all your time dead/rezzing it sucks.

If you try it with a tanky build first with lots of defence, you'll learn what's going on.

There must be an article or something to explain each type and objectives...but my kid is out of the shower so I need to sort her hair so we can go out for a bit...
    This. You won't be killing stuff in Death Match, (but let's be real, you probably wouldn't be otherwise anyway at first), and there is a special kind of joy one can only receive by being the biggest possible pain-in-the-ass to the other teams as you possibly can.

There is no invalid spec/role in these. That's the beauty of them.

You can find some way to support your group in any match or any kind.

Enjoy!

Just because you don't like the way something is doesn't necessarily make it wrong...

Earn it.

IRL'ing for a while for assorted reasons, in forum, and in game.
    I am neither warm, nor fuzzy...
    Probably has checkbox on Customer Service profile that say High Aggro, 99% immunity to BS
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yeah there are some harsh premades that is true, but I try to watch what they do and see how I can counter/learn from it.

Sometimes you just get heavy execute to death/durok bane/Zaan everywhere, but you just have to learn to shagass away...(ZOS: look it up, I'm not saying a bad word please get it together!)

One thing with premades is that they coordinate their load outs/poisons etc- that kind of organisation is difficult to overcome, but there really aren't that many of those ones.

A lot of people assume he’s bad at PvP because of the PvE stigma.

But Gilliam absolutely wrecks in PvP, both on his stamblade but also on his stamplar.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Diddly_D_Potatoes
    Diddly_D_Potatoes
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

But Gilliam absolutely wrecks in PvP, both on his stamblade but also on his stamplar.

Yeah, don't believe his "I'm not that good at pvp."
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

He's just being his modest friendly self.

Or that's his thief ERP persona coming through to convince you he is a non-threat till he wrecks your face in 20 pieces.

Same difference lol
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yup! Ofc there are outlier games that may be poor experiences, but for the most part BGs are a lot of fun AND you can run unique builds while still being effective.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Lol he will smash your *** in. Let no one tell you different.
  • Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Furthermore: Gilliam aka Rheinhardt or w/e the char is, he IS friendly. He was on my pug team once and because I don't really look at my teammates I didn't realise: but he was super helpful and when I got rekt to another player and was all 'oof sorry, I couldn't hang' he was all 'no X is a Beesh.' (You know what I mean) The real truth was though, that I was bad. But he was cool about it and tried to be cool.

That's a gentleman.
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

Or that's his thief ERP persona coming through to convince you he is a non-threat till he wrecks your face in 20 pieces.

Same difference lol

I actually remember him saying waaaay back in 1.6 that he was actually quite good at pvp and just didn’t enjoy it and that’s why he didn’t play. Had it been someone else making the post I’d have brushed it off as being egotistical or outright lying but it’s really impossible to have a deep understanding of game mechanics and be poor at PVP unless there’s some sort of handicap present, wether it’s mental physical or psychological
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same difference lol

I actually remember him saying waaaay back in 1.6 that he was actually quite good at pvp and just didn’t enjoy it and that’s why he didn’t play. Had it been someone else making the post I’d have brushed it off as being egotistical or outright lying but it’s really impossible to have a deep understanding of game mechanics and be poor at PVP unless there’s some sort of handicap present, wether it’s mental physical or psychological

He’s the only player on PC NA that can beat me to mid-fight sigils :(
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Same difference lol

That makes sense. Though he has stated he LOVES BG's.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Battle grounds is pvp.... I hate pvp.... I think that about covers it....
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Same difference lol

He’s the only player on PC NA that can beat me to mid-fight sigils :(

NB has an inherent advantage in grabbing Sigils because you won’t always know someone else is actively pursuing it