Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "Get a Free Pet During the Morrowind Last Chance Event"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article Get a Free Pet During the Morrowind Last Chance Event! Your chance to get the Morrowind Chapter free with your pre-purchase of the upcoming ESO: Summerset Chapter is ending soon. Already own Morrowind? You're in for a treat! To thank all of our current Morrowind players, we're giving out a free Vvardvark pet and temporarily bringing back Dwarven Crown Crates. Check out the article to learn more about our Morrowind Last Chance event.
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Hmmm
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Free Vvardvark! \o/
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Elissae
    Elissae
    ✭✭✭
    Vvaaaaaaaaaaaardvaaaaaaaark!!! \o/ :)
    Edited by Elissae on May 14, 2018 2:12PM
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like free stuff.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Logged in - No vvardvark ? :'(
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not sure when being handed out but this was the line from the article, could be they're later date.
    "If you logged in during the event period, you'll receive this spiny-tonged little monster by May 29!"
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Harrdarrzarr
    Harrdarrzarr
    ✭✭✭
    VARDENFELL AWAITS

Typo in last part:)
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    Not sure when being handed out but this was the line from the article, could be they're later date.
    "If you logged in during the event period, you'll receive this spiny-tonged little monster by May 29!"

Oh ! OK, my bad, read too quickly. Thx !
    The pet is (for once) quite cute, I was too eager to see how it looked like ingame :)
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is awkward, not getting any vvardvark. The article says nothing about it. It should.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    This is awkward, not getting any vvardvark. The article says nothing about it. It should.

It's like the Nix-Ox and free Crown Crates. They'll be "delivered" to you the next time the server goes down for maintenance.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • White wabbit
    White wabbit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    helediron wrote: »

It's like the Nix-Ox and free Crown Crates. They'll be "delivered" to you the next time the server goes down for maintenance.

Well in that case can mine get lost in the post then please
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice, freebies!!
    '...you'll receive this spiny-tonged little monster...' But shouldn't that be 'spiny-tongued' unless it does have tongs... :tongue:
    PC EU & NA
  • Froil
    Froil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You won't be getting my money for them Dwemer crates. Not this time.
    "Best" healer PC/NA
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Why is the Dro-m'Athra senche cub 100 gems? That's the same price as the mount. Why isn't it 40 like the other pets? I really want that little guy but trying to save gems for the new crates/stuff when Summerset comes out. :(
  • ZOS_DominicD
    ZOS_DominicD
    admin
    Nice, freebies!!
    '...you'll receive this spiny-tonged little monster...' But shouldn't that be 'spiny-tongued' unless it does have tongs... :tongue:

Fixed! Thank you! I also added the missing "v" in "Vvardenfell" :neutral: .

I will say that with this article the most embarrassing / hilarious typo was, thankfully, caught beforehand: "Butter Coast Cliff Strider." Sounds delicious!
    Dominic Davies
    Web Content Editor - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | Facebook | Twitter
    Staff Post
  • Ankael07
    Ankael07
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks for opening the Dwemer crates for gem purchases. I was bummed when Storm Atronach crates werent available for gems but this is one more step in the right direction.
    If you want me to reply to your comment type @Ankael07 in it.
  • driosketch
    driosketch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DiNanna63 wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno - Why is the Dro-m'Athra senche cub 100 gems? That's the same price as the mount. Why isn't it 40 like the other pets? I really want that little guy but trying to save gems for the new crates/stuff when Summerset comes out. :(

They brought the gem store back too? At least they got that right this time around. (Still waiting for cleverman wizard hat to return for gems)

Free pet is cute.
    Main: Drio Azul ~ DC, Redguard, Healer/Magicka Templar ~ NA-PC
    ●The Psijic Order●The Sidekick Order●Great House Hlaalu●Bal-Busters●
  • ktdotexe
    ktdotexe
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by ktdotexe on July 11, 2019 4:58PM
  • dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    dannymcgr81b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm naming mine Vvaldo.
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's in-line with the other "matching" senche cubs. At least, the tiger one was also 100 gems. I'm assuming the leopard and panther cubs were also 100. It stinks, to be sure, since I never had enough gems from my free crates to purchase the Dro-m'Athra cub the first time around. I probably still won't buy it even though I have enough gems, 'cuz I'm debating about either getting the Peryite statue from the current crates, or the Pale Velothi Guar from the Dwarven crates.

And, speaking of pricing, why is the Green Narsis Guar only 40 while the Pale Velothi is 100? They were both limited-time mounts (though the Narsis one was in the Black Fredas pack).
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

That's in-line with the other "matching" senche cubs. At least, the tiger one was also 100 gems. I'm assuming the leopard and panther cubs were also 100. It stinks, to be sure, since I never had enough gems from my free crates to purchase the Dro-m'Athra cub the first time around. I probably still won't buy it even though I have enough gems, 'cuz I'm debating about either getting the Peryite statue from the current crates, or the Pale Velothi Guar from the Dwarven crates.

Thanks for clarifying! I may cave and buy him or buy some crown crates and hope I get him. I would be an easier decision if we could sell back the things we don't want for gems. I got the frosted camel and a few other things I probably will never use.
  • Orticia
    Orticia
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the Vvardvark so happy with this free pet.

Also like being able to spend gems on the return crates. I spend the lion share of my remaining crown gems on the white goat and fennic fox from the dwarven crate. The two items I wish I had gotten back then... now I have them.... whoot. Not bummed out anymore that I could not buy wanted items for gems from the storm atro and wild crates. Means I had gems left for these 2.
  • Slurg
    Slurg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    What’s this, you are offering my vvardvark a free friend for logging in? I’m good with that!
    Happy All the Holidays To You and Yours!
    Remembering better days of less RNG in all the things.
  • Tai-Chi
    Tai-Chi
    ✭✭✭✭

This is what the article says:

"To ensure you receive your free pet, you must log into the game while owning ESO: Morrowind at any point from now until Monday, May 21 at 2:59AM EDT (Sunday May 20 at 11:59PM PDT). If you logged in during the event period, you'll receive this spiny-tongued little monster by May 29!"

PC - EU (Main) & PC - NA
  • GreenhaloX
    GreenhaloX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vvardvark.. come on.. where's the sloth??
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Does this only work if you pre-order through ZoS website or some game site? I pre order a collector edition at a brick-and-mortar store, will i still receive free morrowind and pet?
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cêltic421 wrote: »
    Does this only work if you pre-order through ZoS website or some game site? I pre order a collector edition at a brick-and-mortar store, will i still receive free morrowind and pet?

You need to have Morrowind on and *active* on your account during the few days of logging in. As well, as far as I know - physical copies do not include Morrowind at all, only digital versions.

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    Cêltic421 wrote: »

You need to have Morrowind on and *active* on your account during the few days of logging in. As well, as far as I know - physical copies do not include Morrowind at all, only digital versions.

So i don't get a digital copy of morrowind for preordering a physical copy? Does it say somewhere in order to get free morrowind i needed to pre-order digial copy? I haven't seen anywhere it says that. All i heard and read was preorder summerset get morrowind
    Edited by Cêltic421 on May 17, 2018 3:47AM
  • Lunatic_Dizzy
    Lunatic_Dizzy
    ✭✭✭
    Kinda not "free" if you had to either purchase Morrowind previously or receive it through purchasing Summerset. But it still is a nice added bonus for buying something.
    Remember: The only thing free in this world are the condiments at fast food restaurants. So always stuff your purses full with free ketchup packets.
    XB1 / NA
    Lunatic Dizzy (Breton Mag Sorc DPS) *Main
    Lilith the Gilded Flame (Dunmer Mag DK DPS)
    Varissa the Black Widow (Dunmer Mag NB DPS)
    Soraya the Midnight Blade (Khajiit Stam NB DPS)
    Heals-with-the-Heavens (Argonian Templar Healer)
    Scales-of-Stonework (Argonian DK Tank)
  • Cêltic421
    Cêltic421
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kinda not "free" if you had to either purchase Morrowind previously or receive it through purchasing Summerset. But it still is a nice added bonus for buying something.
    Remember: The only thing free in this world are the condiments at fast food restaurants. So always stuff your purses full with free ketchup packets.

I purchased summerset, how do i get morrowind?