The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

A campaign to lose (AD - NA)

Iskras
Iskras
✭✭✭

It's a shame to see some guild leaders confess they're on Vivec (main server, so to speak) only for pvdoor and farm AP and not interested in the campaign.

Well, everyone has the right to follow what they think is best, the bad thing is that every day people who are interested in the campaign and fight hard for it, are unable to enter the server because other 'uninterested' are occupying the ' queue '. There are days when the queue reaches 150 in the queue.

It would be good if some guilds who made that decision rethought their ideas - let's say, selfish. Maybe change the server (SHOR).

What I do know is, other guilds are working hard to keep a score not as unfavorable as it is now, especially, the guilds of Ocean Prime time.

I hope AD can be a faction again and not scattered groups, interested in their personal scores, AP to the detriment of the vast majority of players who are interested in the campaign.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

It's a shame to see some guild leaders confess they're on Vivec (main server, so to speak) only for pvdoor and farm AP and not interested in the campaign.

Well, everyone has the right to follow what they think is best, the bad thing is that every day people who are interested in the campaign and fight hard for it, are unable to enter the server because other 'uninterested' are occupying the ' queue '. There are days when the queue reaches 150 in the queue.

It would be good if some guilds who made that decision rethought their ideas - let's say, selfish. Maybe change the server (SHOR).

What I do know is, other guilds are working hard to keep a score not as unfavorable as it is now, especially, the guilds of Ocean Prime time.

I hope AD can be a faction again and not scattered groups, interested in their personal scores, AP to the detriment of the vast majority of players who are interested in the campaign.

It’s a shame you spend all your time hate whispering every person that kills you on/near the bridge. If you are concerned about playing the campaign or fighting for the benefit of your alliance create or join a guild/group and play objectives. To adapt a Ghandi expression, be the change you want to see in Cyrodiil, coming to the forums and saying “hey it would be nice if you guys cared” isn’t going to solve it.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

It’s a shame you spend all your time hate whispering every person that kills you on/near the bridge. If you are concerned about playing the campaign or fighting for the benefit of your alliance create or join a guild/group and play objectives. To adapt a Ghandi expression, be the change you want to see in Cyrodiil, coming to the forums and saying “hey it would be nice if you guys cared” isn’t going to solve it.

Shame is to provoke other players hoping that they will not react, anyway. Unfortunately some types of provocations are only reportable via video. I am not to 'take disgrace home' or to accept disrespect. I am not perfect, I say, but I am no different from many whom I see around you, including you when it comes to responding to a certain form of provocation.

Let's put the 'points in the' i ''. To provoke, then to complain as if it were a victim, cynicism does not fit!
    Edited by Iskras on April 26, 2018 11:19PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    About guilds

Today I had a friendly conversation with a member and a great AD guild. He convinced me, after we debated, about some arguments of their absence in this campaign, even though they are coming back next week. I found your arguments valid.

As long as I can lift this faction, whether by criticism or not, I will. Not every criticism is 'negative', it can and should be constructive. Some stronger words I say, is to 'shock' what is 'stopped', to make move, to leave the same place in any direction, as long as it moves. This is called: comover (in Portuguese). In general, it works. I know that sometimes I lose my temper, but I'm not a 'candidate for perfection'.
    Edited by Iskras on April 26, 2018 11:27PM
  • antihero727
    antihero727
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About guilds

Today I had a friendly conversation with a member and a great AD guild. He convinced me, after we debated, about some arguments of their absence in this campaign, even though they are coming back next week. I found your arguments valid.

As long as I can lift this faction, whether by criticism or not, I will. Not every criticism is 'negative', it can and should be constructive. Some stronger words I say, is to 'shock' what is 'stopped', to make move, to leave the same place in any direction, as long as it moves. This is called: comover (in Portuguese). In general, it works. I know that sometimes I lose my temper, but I'm not a 'candidate for perfection'.

You must have upgraded to the “paid” translator program. Good to see you moving up in the world. Your rants are at least legible and understandable. Congratulations
    Edited by antihero727 on April 27, 2018 12:00AM
    Veldrn-AD Magica Sorc
    Bizarro Veldrn-AD Stam Sorc
    Antiherro-AD Stam DK
    Antihero-AD Magplar
    Aww Crit-AD Magblade
    AD Since PC beta
    On A lag free vacation
    for the near and far future
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    About guilds

You must have upgraded to the “paid” translator program. Good to see you moving up in the world. Your rants are at least legible and understandable. Congratulations

Google translate, i cant be better for now, buddy.
  • caeliusstarbreaker
    caeliusstarbreaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shame is to provoke other players hoping that they will not react, anyway. Unfortunately some types of provocations are only reportable via video. I am not to 'take disgrace home' or to accept disrespect. I am not perfect, I say, but I am no different from many whom I see around you, including you when it comes to responding to a certain form of provocation.

Let's put the 'points in the' i ''. To provoke, then to complain as if it were a victim, cynicism does not fit!

No provoking. Simply stating what you do and how it’s not helping the predicament that you expressed and what you can do as a solution to the problem that you expressed.
    Rhage Lionpride DC Stamina Templar
    K-Hole
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

No provoking. Simply stating what you do and how it’s not helping the predicament that you expressed and what you can do as a solution to the problem that you expressed.

If I tell you half or how I'm provoked in game (whether by chat or not) ... but, leave it like this. We are in a public forum. About guilds, well, at Ocean Prime Time I sometimes run with my guild (ARS).
  • Ghostbane
    Ghostbane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stop whinging and continue to carry the banner of Glory to greatness.
    {★★★★★ · ★★★★★ · ★★ · ★★★★★}
    350m+ AP PC - EU
    AD :: Imported Waffles [37]EP :: Wee ee ee ee ee [16]DC :: Ghostbane's DK [16], Impending Loadscreen [12]PC - NA
    AD :: Ghostbane [50], yer ma [43], Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 2.0 [18], robotic baby legs [18]EP :: Wee Mad Arthur [50], avast ye buttcrackz [49], Sir Horace Foghorn [27], Brother Ballbag [24], Scatman John [16]DC :: W T B Waffles [36], Morale Boost [30], W T F Waffles [17], Ghostbanë [15]RIPAD :: Sir Humphrey Winterbottom 1.0 [20]
    Addons
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Ghostbane wrote: »
    Stop whinging and continue to carry the banner of Glory to greatness.

>.<

(in time, i dont see u anymore, take a break?)
    Edited by Iskras on April 27, 2018 7:52AM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Take advantage of the low population to get scrolls, both of the AD, pure cowardice. And this holds true for all factions.

>.<
    Edited by Iskras on April 27, 2018 8:49AM
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this will fall on dear ears to the OP, but for the sake of those who agree with those sentiments, I'd offer the following advice.

Being a bully, being mean, being derisive, being a jerk, being overbearing, being an ass, being obnoxious, being hysterical, being a know-it-all, being argumentative, wearing a tinfoil hat, and in general blaming everyone and everything else for every problem is a 1000% surefire way not to convince me, and I presume a lot of other folks as well, to do what a zone chat general or self anointed Alliance commander thinks is the correct strategy. I would not follow these people or comply with their desires in "real" life and I'm most certainly not going to do so in my leisure pursuits. The only reason I might not have put people like that on my ignore list is simply because of the potential humor they provide with some of their rants. In short, respect and the ability to lead are earned, not given.

That being said, there are some people out there when the make calls, I take seriously and and more than likely will prompt me to stop whatever it is that I am doing and follow their advice. While I can't vouch for what they are like in "real" life, at least what they show on ESO is that they have a level head when things get rough, tend to be supportive rather than abusive, usually are self-reflective after a defeat rather than put on their tinfoil hat, and in general are people I'd be keen to listen to in "real" life. I forget if it was Immanual Kant who said it, but in effect the golden rule of doing onto others as you'd have done to yourself.

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah. I agree with @Joy_Division here.

You're going to get a lot of intransigence when shouting, screaming, insulting, etc. in zone chat.

Even I, Shouty McShouterson, have been learning to calm the heck down, realize this is just a game, and move on to the next fight regardless of the results of the last.

Stewing over things just leads to ill feelings, and life's too short for that stuff.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭
    Agreed with @Joy_Division

Ad fation only get stress with those yells and insults everyday
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @HaroniNDeorum Yep, that's why I take advantage of the ignore feature in game. Doesn't seem to extend to the forums though :\
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    What some call toxic, i call criticism. Some more 'heavy' words, at certain times, are common, after all, cheap blood, there are only the cynics (including those who come into some topics to practice their daily provocations - also seen in the game).

What seems to occur is something else. When contradicted in campaign-related critiques, some feel 'threatened' and, instead of contradicting criticism, attack the interlocutor.

The same thing happens in the forum and in this topic. Simple. Also, there is a tool called 'ignore list', make good use of it, now, do not use childish pretexts to come in the forum to attack somebody, do not report people without real motives (and do not make public threats to people this is serious, include, so as they do not stimulate 'mass report' in the zone chat) and respect the decisions and judgments of ZOS.

And critics of certain aspects of the campaign, will continue to exist. On some heavier words, well, there are no 'robots', there are people playing and they are no different from you who cry in the zone chat and in the forum when they are contradicted.
    Edited by Iskras on April 27, 2018 6:17PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    What some call toxic, i call criticism.

Here's the root of the problem right here in this sentence.

You don't get to determine what others find toxic.

You have to trust them to know their own minds, and when you've angered those around you, you need to be the one willing to admit there's a chance you're not always right.

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

You have to trust them to know their own minds, and when you've angered those around you, you need to be the one willing to admit there's a chance you're not always right.

But you can determine? 'that democratic' ;)

Of course I'm not always right, alias, nobody is 100% right about everything. That is why there is 'criticism'.
    Edited by Iskras on April 27, 2018 6:48PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Of course I'm not always right, alias, nobody is 100% right about everything. That is why there is 'criticism'.

It's each individual person that is being addressed that gets to determine it.

Sure, what's toxic to some isn't toxic to others, but...

If there's a substantial number of folks saying the same thing to someone, it's time to sit down and start assuming what they say has merit.

If a large number of folks have pointed out any particular statement or action is toxic, even if you believe it not to be, at the very list introspection is in order to consider the merits of what they've said. Now, the majority isn't always right, but it also shouldn't be dismissed.

Also, flat out, the old proverb of 'you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar' applies here. Do not insult, do not berate. It only drives people away, and they will ignore you or do the opposite out of spite.

This is proper criticism: "Ok, guys, we didn't have enough oils up, and not enough folks defended the flags. Too many stayed up top. We need to do better about that, and be more aggressive in counter attacking the flags. Bomb blades and sorcs with negates should sit to the sides when they push into the inner and then bomb them back after their Ultis are spent and they're covered in oils." This points out faults, offers valid suggestions for improvement, and also doesn't place blame.

This is not: "You marginal trash! You can't defend keeps! No one tries and this faction is garbage! You need to work harder or we're going to lose again like we always do!", and deserves the criticism it receives in return and deserves to be ignored.
    Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on April 27, 2018 7:03PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

If there's a substantial number of folks saying the same thing to someone, it's time to sit down and start assuming what they say has merit.

If a large number of folks have pointed out any particular statement or action is toxic, even if you believe it not to be, at the very list introspection is in order to consider the merits of what they've said. Now, the majority isn't always right, but it also shouldn't be dismissed.

Also, flat out, the old proverb of 'you'll catch more flies with honey than vinegar' applies here. Do not insult, do not berate. It only drives people away, and they will ignore you or do the opposite out of spite.

This is proper criticism: "Ok, guys, we didn't have enough oils up, and not enough folks defended the flags. Too many stayed up top. We need to do better about that, and be more aggressive in counter attacking the flags. Bomb blades and sorcs with negates should sit to the sides when they push into the inner and then bomb them back after their Ultis are spent and they're covered in oils." This points out faults, offers valid suggestions for improvement, and also doesn't place blame.

This is not: "You marginal trash! You can't defend keeps! No one tries and this faction is garbage! You need to work harder or we're going to lose again like we always do!", and deserves the criticism it receives in return and deserves to be ignored.

'but'? Explain your 'but'. And seems like u have something against this 'someone'... And no, if the majority did or prove 'truths' Some totalitarian states are justified 'per se' or their 'majorities' ... see Germany in the 1940s it would be 'paradise'. Majorities or 'some' do not always determine 'truths'. For example, a guild leader suggests that his gang report someone else ... or threaten third parties in the chat zone using his guild leader rank ...

Sophismas do not gain reason 'per se', facts, yes, they prof 'theses' ... now, see AD score.

About the 'You marginal trash', You are free to report when someone sends you this in the chat (private) or in the chat zone. What you can not do is keep accusing someone of something that someone does not do. Impeach, but prove it, or it will become harassment. About the ' this faction is garbage' - As I wrote above and you seem to have ignored, we are not always 100% calm in certain situations. Exaggerations, they occur. Today a person said in ZONE chat 'idiot faction'. Well, I understood it under a particular context and did not make it a 'Trojan Battle Horse' with the intention of bullying anyone.

;)
    Edited by Iskras on April 27, 2018 7:56PM
  • Mr_Nobody
    Mr_Nobody
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I bit** in DC zone chat for grps randomly taking useless keeps, but hey, i then solo multiple resources before ticks ;) bad stuff on all sides, at least u on ad/ep dont have these low cp players wondering around feeding ap or ruining fights.
    ~ @Niekas ~

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

'but'? Explain your 'but'. And seems like u have something against this 'someone'... And no, if the majority did or prove 'truths' Some totalitarian states are justified 'per se' or their 'majorities' ... see Germany in the 1940s it would be 'paradise'. Majorities or 'some' do not always determine 'truths'. For example, a guild leader suggests that his gang report someone else ... or threaten third parties in the chat zone using his guild leader rank ...

Sophismas do not gain reason 'per se', facts, yes, they prof 'theses' ... now, see AD score.

About the 'You marginal trash', You are free to report when someone sends you this in the chat (private) or in the chat zone. What you can not do is keep accusing someone of something that someone does not do. Impeach, but prove it, or it will become harassment. About the ' this faction is garbage' - As I wrote above and you seem to have ignored, we are not always 100% calm in certain situations. Exaggerations, they occur. Today a person said in ZONE chat 'idiot faction'. Well, I understood it under a particular context and did not make it a 'Trojan Battle Horse' with the intention of bullying anyone.

;)

The "but" is everything after the but. It's a method of stream of consciousness writing to show I was interrupting myself with a great deal of elaboration.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

;)

The "but" is everything after the but. It's a method of stream of consciousness writing to show I was interrupting myself with a great deal of elaboration.

And to conclude, I think that in large groups there is a certain tolerance for some and a certain intolerance for others. The curious, in this scale of 'dubious' measures, is who judges.
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typically, when a team is in first place, the chat warriors claim they are about play the campaign, playing the battle field. When a team is in third place, the same chat warriors will claim they are just looking for good small group fights and care nothing about the campaign.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Ackwalan wrote: »
    Typically, when a team is in first place, the chat warriors claim they are about play the campaign, playing the battle field. When a team is in third place, the same chat warriors will claim they are just looking for good small group fights and care nothing about the campaign.

yes :/
  • CyrusArya
    CyrusArya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Playing the map is lame. Campaign wins, scoring, collective victory...yawn. However, I respect that some people enjoy that, and encourage you to play how you want. But likewise, you should respect that some people don’t care for alliance war at all and to not project your expectations on them.

Your right to wanna win the campaign does not supersede the right of those who wanna farm AP or small scale or whatever. Even Publius deserves to afk bard at the gate if he wants, and that is enough justification for his que slot.

A R Y A
    -Atmosphere
    -Ary'a
    Czarya
    The K-Hole ~ Phałanx
    My PvP Videos
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Playing the map is lame. Campaign wins, scoring, collective victory...yawn. However, I respect that some people enjoy that, and encourage you to play how you want. But likewise, you should respect that some people don’t care for alliance war at all and to not project your expectations on them.

Your right to wanna win the campaign does not supersede the right of those who wanna farm AP or small scale or whatever. Even Publius deserves to afk bard at the gate if he wants, and that is enough justification for his que slot.

The onus is on ZOS to make people want to care about the campaign. Not on the players.
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure this will fall on dear ears to the OP, but for the sake of those who agree with those sentiments, I'd offer the following advice.

Joy - you are a man of many a fine word. I totally agree with your viewpoint on this subject. Apparently the OP does not yet grasp that raging in zone chat, then raging about raging in zone on the forums, then raging about being disagreed with on the forums... is, well, fruitless. Pick the euphemism you wish; ultimately the ignore button works and not much else.

And like Joy I don't ignore iskra because the entertainment value is simply too high. Has anyone made an Iskra drinking game yet? If so, what are the rules?
    Ray
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    Has anyone made an Iskra drinking game yet? If so, what are the rules?
    There was a group of players that did, but they all mysteriously died of alcohol poisoning before they could finish explaining the rules.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Iskras Ellos quieren perder la guerra porque ellos no creen que ganar es posible. Pero sus egos necessitan una victoria asi que ellos van por la victoria facil... las puertas lol.

Hay otros como yo quien les gustan las peleas muy dificil y no importan quien gana, solo importa que la pelea son divertido y dificil. Mas de nosotros somos en shor o los BGs, pero cuando la populacion es muy pequeno en la media del noche, nosotros vamos al Vivec para encontrar peleas.

No hay nada lo que puedas decir para nosotros importamos cambiar la mapa. Lo siento mi amigo pero es verdad.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »
    @Iskras Ellos quieren perder la guerra porque ellos no creen que ganar es posible. Pero sus egos necessitan una victoria asi que ellos van por la victoria facil... las puertas lol.

Hay otros como yo quien les gustan las peleas muy dificil y no importan quien gana, solo importa que la pelea son divertido y dificil. Mas de nosotros somos en shor o los BGs, pero cuando la populacion es muy pequeno en la media del noche, nosotros vamos al Vivec para encontrar peleas.

No hay nada lo que puedas decir para nosotros importamos cambiar la mapa. Lo siento mi amigo pero es verdad.

Si, thogar, agree <3