Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

A campaign to lose (AD - NA)

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    Iskras wrote: »
    It's exactly a game concept, play just for 'fun' that ruins that faction, it's an individualistic conception of game, just for fun not caring about the score and campaign. Strange that campanah works for DC and EP, not for AD. This conception ruined the AD. It is possible to have fun in the campaign, but it requires commitment, something unimaginable for AD and some old leader's of this faction.

AD is death for now, It needs players and new leaders, those who care about the campaign, with the faction as faction.

I can not blame EP and DC for preferring the 'easy game', the 'easy way' (since they are 24 hours logged and attacking AD only with low population). But if they continue in this way, they will also ruin the servant.

It is sad to see this situation. Old players afraid to take a stand or commit.

I understand the side you are coming from / your perspective. However, ESO is not LIFE. It's a game. If you can not discern the committed attitude of "this" old player/ leader, well that's shortsightedness on your part. The best example of how committed we are as a guild and as a leader you should ask those who were at ROE BM and Fare last night. We had a group of 12 going up against vae victis' full raid of EP. We prevailed both at Roe and BM. I know Omni was present as well as other AD players and together we all pushed EP out of the south. While you are expounding the down side of the faction it might be better, to be a little more relaxed during this time with the new update coming. This game is a game. We play it for the fun. No one logs into this game to work on changing pixels from one color to another. Good leaders on all factions suffer fatigue when forced to endure the same stress night after night. As part of the community we each hold or share the responsibility of making this game as enjoyable as possible. I have in the past tried to influence the simplest of things such as tea bagging as a way to make losing less Unenjoyable. No one really understood or understands that when you pee in your sandbox enough, eventually you are standing alone in your own *** and everyone knows how fun that is when all you get to do is pvdoor a map because no one wants to engage in poor sportsmanship. Anyways, I've given up on trying to help to make the game enjoyable for everyone, I'm solely concerned with me and my group. If that doesn't fit your agenda then perhaps you should look around to see if you are standing in your own ***.

This replay is not in anyway totally directed at Iskra. I think the world of him and understand his perspective and often simply agree to disagree with what he says. Afterall he is playing the game the way he enjoys it.

Ta'ran, yes, I understand that too. Of course, in game I get hard, but think, in part (in part) is part of the immersion.
    Edited by Iskras on May 9, 2018 7:26PM
  • CerebralNoise
    CerebralNoise
    ✭✭
    OP, I don't know if it's a cultural thing or what...but generally, people don't respond very well to constant negativity and calling everyone in zone "TRASH players / TRASH FACTION." That is not criticism like you claim it to be above. That's just raging and not constructive in any way.

Like other's have said, it doesn't help you make progress with an issue that you are trying to help solve. If you make a call in zone (whether it be right or wrong), how do you expect people in your faction to support you when all you do is call them "TRASH" all day long? I know I wouldn't want to follow that person.

It's my guess that most of the regulars on AD either 1) have you on ignore (like me) or 2) don't have you on ignore just to get a good laugh every once in a while at some of the things you say.

If I were a new player starting on Vivec and I saw the constant negativity you spew out on a daily basis, I'd go play another campaign or another faction. I play the game to have fun, not to be put down constantly from someone I don't even know in zone.
    PC/NA

Raelisan - AD MagNB
    Visceralie - EP StamNB

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    OP, I don't know if it's a cultural thing or what...but generally, people don't respond very well to constant negativity and calling everyone in zone "TRASH players / TRASH FACTION." That is not criticism like you claim it to be above. That's just raging and not constructive in any way.

Like other's have said, it doesn't help you make progress with an issue that you are trying to help solve. If you make a call in zone (whether it be right or wrong), how do you expect people in your faction to support you when all you do is call them "TRASH" all day long? I know I wouldn't want to follow that person.

It's my guess that most of the regulars on AD either 1) have you on ignore (like me) or 2) don't have you on ignore just to get a good laugh every once in a while at some of the things you say.

If I were a new player starting on Vivec and I saw the constant negativity you spew out on a daily basis, I'd go play another campaign or another faction. I play the game to have fun, not to be put down constantly from someone I don't even know in zone.

- AD won the last campaign in Ocean Time Zone. Yes, i play in this time zone. So... the chat not is the problem, but seems be a good scuse to who dont care about campaign. In time, leader of one of the biggest AD guilds said clearly in Zone chat: 'we are not interested in the campaign, just in doing pvdoor'.

Negative are our scores, always terrible, shameful; negative is the way many treat our faction without any commitment to the campaign. Negative are our disastrous results obtained daily by a type of campaign design: PVDOOR, that does away new players. No one wants to play a campaign or care about where most or most of their participants are not interested in it.

Poor results distract people. ... but you can 'create' or use any 'excuse' to avoid talking about the essentials.

Edited by Iskras on May 9, 2018 10:16PM
  • Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Be the change you want to be.

Certain posters need to understand that they need to stop being part of the problem and by simply being quiet and not screaming in /zone constantly berating people, that in and of itself would lead to a better situation. At least one that was more enjoyed by other members of their faction.

This isn't in reference to you, of course, Cerebral. I am quoting you to basically agree with you.

I know I was once well known for popping off in zone. It was a failing. I still get angry from time to time, but it's something I've actively worked to improve on and feel that I'm far more personable to other members of my faction.

If someone's not willing to at least match that little effort, then they need to just be silent if they can't be constructive.
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Be the change you want to be.

Certain posters need to understand that they need to stop being part of the problem and by simply being quiet and not screaming in /zone constantly berating people, that in and of itself would lead to a better situation. At least one that was more enjoyed by other members of their faction.

This isn't in reference to you, of course, Cerebral. I am quoting you to basically agree with you.

I know I was once well known for popping off in zone. It was a failing. I still get angry from time to time, but it's something I've actively worked to improve on and feel that I'm far more personable to other members of my faction.

If someone's not willing to at least match that little effort, then they need to just be silent if they can't be constructive.

The old player, grand overlord say days ago: anything can be toxic, from a simple criticism to something heavier, it depends on who judges. Intolerant people hate criticism, they are arrogant and presumptuous, they think they know everything - these 'guys' call anything 'toxic' ...

I agree on some points, others disagree. Regardless, a faction does not depend on a comment in the zone chat, this is an excuse - and a weak, meaningless, pointless excuse - which tries (hopelessly) to omit facts and the real problem of AD: few are interested, old players - leaders - are no longer interested in the campaign but in pvdoor.

Against facts, there are no arguments, they can only explain something under different prisms, but the facts continue to be facts and the fact is: AD has the most ridiculous score the history of this faction in the game that month.
    Edited by Iskras on May 9, 2018 10:39PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh Iskra ... what are we to do this time ? :D

After we won last campaign a lot of people left for Test Center and to Pre grind some new sets and mats for the next Chapter . We in AD don't have as many dedicated PvP only guilds and players . I've been away prepping for Summerset changes and catching up on getting money to buy equipment . Several friends are doing the same and playing other games till Summerset .

To be effective every campaign leaders need to constantly recruit and train new players in PvP . It's a non stop job for PvP guilds to stay relevant . There's a lot of people giving advice and it's really good advice . Recruiting , Training and being a respectful leader will lead to positive change for AD on Vivec bit it requires work . Leaders like Haronin , Telel , Josh and others try very hard to do this but they need more positive people to help . The nice guildes of TKG and Ni have put in their work to help during night time but can't keep a lead if day presence is not just as dedicated .

Expect things to be tougher until Summerset settles down but if it's important to you then start work now so it pays off sooner then later my friend ! We win together and lose together but never get defeated !
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Oh Iskra ... what are we to do this time ? :D

After we won last campaign a lot of people left for Test Center and to Pre grind some new sets and mats for the next Chapter . We in AD don't have as many dedicated PvP only guilds and players . I've been away prepping for Summerset changes and catching up on getting money to buy equipment . Several friends are doing the same and playing other games till Summerset .

To be effective every campaign leaders need to constantly recruit and train new players in PvP . It's a non stop job for PvP guilds to stay relevant . There's a lot of people giving advice and it's really good advice . Recruiting , Training and being a respectful leader will lead to positive change for AD on Vivec bit it requires work . Leaders like Haronin , Telel , Josh and others try very hard to do this but they need more positive people to help . The nice guildes of TKG and Ni have put in their work to help during night time but can't keep a lead if day presence is not just as dedicated .

Expect things to be tougher until Summerset settles down but if it's important to you then start work now so it pays off sooner then later my friend ! We win together and lose together but never get defeated !

Agree 99% :)
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah. I agree with @Joy_Division here.

You're going to get a lot of intransigence when shouting, screaming, insulting, etc. in zone chat.

Even I, Shouty McShouterson, have been learning to calm the heck down, realize this is just a game, and move on to the next fight regardless of the results of the last.

Stewing over things just leads to ill feelings, and life's too short for that stuff.

Wait … This is a game? Dang. I thought it was real.