Maintenance for the week of March 18:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – March 18
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 19, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 1:00PM EDT (17:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – March 20, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC)

A campaign to lose (AD - NA)

• Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Well, against the facts, there are no arguments ...

https://imgur.com/a/gU7SYIa

AD in terrible shape, lost all entire map - literally, with locked queue. :(
    Edited by Iskras on April 27, 2018 11:03PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Playing the map is lame. Campaign wins, scoring, collective victory...yawn. However, I respect that some people enjoy that, and encourage you to play how you want. But likewise, you should respect that some people don’t care for alliance war at all and to not project your expectations on them.

Your right to wanna win the campaign does not supersede the right of those who wanna farm AP or small scale or whatever. Even Publius deserves to afk bard at the gate if he wants, and that is enough justification for his que slot.

Yes, Cyrus, im learning it now. I really love my faction and campaign. I was inspired by that movie 'Three Fates' - which is 23 minutes long. So I made my character with the characteristics of 'Iskras'. But sometimes it is difficult for me to understand some things (campaign), after all, we are in a campaign. I guess convincing is easier than demanding or charging something - I'm learning that too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuHWWC9xxmk
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @adirondack -

Yep. There are quite a few people whose advice I'll follow and do my best to support and encourage. In a way, these people are almost the lifeblood of a faction. A lot of folks aren't sure what to do or where they need to go and these unsung and unrewarded folks who keep a level head and type out thoughtful advice in zone are super valuable for mobilizing a faction to do what's needed. I wish there were more of them, they make the game a lot more enjoyable to play - especially if you're not in a large group, which doesn't need such direction.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    @adirondack -

Yep. There are quite a few people whose advice I'll follow and do my best to support and encourage. In a way, these people are almost the lifeblood of a faction. A lot of folks aren't sure what to do or where they need to go and these unsung and unrewarded folks who keep a level head and type out thoughtful advice in zone are super valuable for mobilizing a faction to do what's needed. I wish there were more of them, they make the game a lot more enjoyable to play - especially if you're not in a large group, which doesn't need such direction.

What can not be explained, so far, is how two guilds can only occupy almost the entire map on the Ocean Prime Time against a majority of the times unfavorable. Zone chat, live and live with peace and harmony. I usually run in a small group daily in this zone chat, speak with these guilds, its leaders, through my private chat. It's all so different and so efficient ...

The best evals (campaign in which AD won) came from these guilds in the Ocean prime time, and I made a point of registering on the forum - including with pictures, on another topic about the last campaign. Already in the US time zone, I do not know what happened and happens, everything changes, AD begins to lose absolutely everything, his evals are extremely negative in the vast majority of the time. The resources, entirely occupied by EP / DC ...
    Edited by Iskras on April 27, 2018 11:23PM
  • Elong
    Elong
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CyrusArya wrote: »
    Playing the map is lame. Campaign wins, scoring, collective victory...yawn. However, I respect that some people enjoy that, and encourage you to play how you want. But likewise, you should respect that some people don’t care for alliance war at all and to not project your expectations on them.

Your right to wanna win the campaign does not supersede the right of those who wanna farm AP or small scale or whatever. Even Publius deserves to afk bard at the gate if he wants, and that is enough justification for his que slot.

Agreed, especially on the Pubes bit, the only part of DC zone chat I miss.

People should play how they wish. Being abused by the OP in zone chat certainly isn't going to encourage anyone.
  • KRBMMO
    KRBMMO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm a bit confused.

Does the OP want entire guilds to go to Shor because he's tired of waiting in the long Vivec que?

Could someone please explain to me? I'm a bit confused.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    KRBMMO wrote: »
    I'm a bit confused.

Does the OP want entire guilds to go to Shor because he's tired of waiting in the long Vivec que?

Could someone please explain to me? I'm a bit confused.

If the idea is only to continue on pvdoor, regardless of the campaign itself, or at least help, yes, I suggest that those who are doing pvdoor temporarily switch to Shor until they resolve to help in the campaign. Nothing is wrong in proposing something, just as nothing is wrong in disagreeing with this proposition.

Edited by Iskras on April 28, 2018 1:47AM
  • adirondack
    adirondack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If an AD guild does something in Vivec, and Iskra isn't there to notice, is that guild still wrong
    Ray
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    adirondack wrote: »
    If an AD guild does something in Vivec, and Iskra isn't there to notice, is that guild still wrong

Trick question.

Iskras notices everything.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• bikerangelo
    bikerangelo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Trick question.

Iskra has eyes everywhere.

0EOZMe3.gif
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Thogard wrote: »

Trick question.

Iskra has eyes everywhere.

0EOZMe3.gif

:smiley:
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Iskras wrote: »

It's a shame to see some guild leaders confess they're on Vivec (main server, so to speak) only for pvdoor and farm AP and not interested in the campaign.

Well, everyone has the right to follow what they think is best, the bad thing is that every day people who are interested in the campaign and fight hard for it, are unable to enter the server because other 'uninterested' are occupying the ' queue '. There are days when the queue reaches 150 in the queue.

It would be good if some guilds who made that decision rethought their ideas - let's say, selfish. Maybe change the server (SHOR).

What I do know is, other guilds are working hard to keep a score not as unfavorable as it is now, especially, the guilds of Ocean Prime time.

I hope AD can be a faction again and not scattered groups, interested in their personal scores, AP to the detriment of the vast majority of players who are interested in the campaign.

I agree. But, you have to understand AD players are neither streamers nor too serious. Many are casual players. If you go on EP side, they react as if they are in real war. Statements like " Blood for pact " & " EP for life" are very common among EP alliance. EP mostly act as if they are in real war and most of time crushing AD.

Other other hand DC is full of streamers . They have to stream 1vX , Good looking NB kills. They care what they stream.

AD ? Full of pugs. Its always outnumbered war on multiple fronts. AD just survives because of some pro guilds. Again not winning. Just surviving.

I would even suggest random alliance for each player or group of players similar to battlegrounds and other games for each campaign and alliance is locked for that player until campaign ends. EP players wont agree to this . AD requires new blood. Most of the AD players comes to cyrodil for selfish reasons and not for campaign.Many past pro players & streamers in AD are moved to other games. Many AD players now are not faction loyal either.
    Edited by Priyasekarssk on April 28, 2018 11:58PM
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    There are 16 days left until the end of the campaign and many AD guilds simply gave up fighting. No accident!

After struggling on the back of the results won by others, exclusively from the Ocean Time Zone guilds (two, to be exact), by winning the last campaign, some decided to take time to stop. However, when they returned, the score already had a considerable distance between the second placement and the third (AD). In order not to take the risk of failing, some decided not to participate more in the campaign under the eschatology of 'time' ...

It all became a tattered excuse for old mistakes and defeats. All is well, but take your own losses to improve. AD became a zombie where childishness, stinginess, futile provocations in the zone chat to certain players (in particular, those who care about the campaign). Anything goes, as long as it does not mention campaign, strategy or whatever it is about.

When they are not yelling at some AD players, they do it against EP or DC. Like the successful EMP campaign launched by EPs. The work of others is 'shame', perfection? 'Only among our' ...some AD players say...

- unfortunate to see AD degenerating because of a few ...
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

It's a shame to see some guild leaders confess they're on Vivec (main server, so to speak) only for pvdoor and farm AP and not interested in the campaign.

Well, everyone has the right to follow what they think is best, the bad thing is that every day people who are interested in the campaign and fight hard for it, are unable to enter the server because other 'uninterested' are occupying the ' queue '. There are days when the queue reaches 150 in the queue.

It would be good if some guilds who made that decision rethought their ideas - let's say, selfish. Maybe change the server (SHOR).

What I do know is, other guilds are working hard to keep a score not as unfavorable as it is now, especially, the guilds of Ocean Prime time.

I hope AD can be a faction again and not scattered groups, interested in their personal scores, AP to the detriment of the vast majority of players who are interested in the campaign.

I agree. But, you have to understand AD players are neither streamers nor too serious. Many are casual players. If you go on EP side, they react as if they are in real war. Statements like " Blood for pact " & " EP for life" are very common among EP alliance. EP mostly act as if they are in real war and most of time crushing AD.

Other other hand DC is full of streamers . They have to stream 1vX , Good looking NB kills. They care what they stream.

AD ? Full of pugs. Its always outnumbered war on multiple fronts. AD just survives because of some pro guilds. Again not winning. Just surviving.

I would even suggest random alliance for each player or group of players similar to battlegrounds and other games for each campaign and alliance is locked for that player until campaign ends. EP players wont agree to this . AD requires new blood. Most of the AD players comes to cyrodil for selfish reasons and not for campaign.Many past pro players & streamers in AD are moved to other games. Many AD players now are not faction loyal either.

Yes, many are casual and of course this topic is addressed to some guild leaders (old players).
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Just to notice

AD 1 bar - EP 3 bars - DC 2 bars (Oceanic Time Zone) AD have majority of the map. TKG and RAM online, some from DD. The organization makes all the difference.
  • Katahdin
    Katahdin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I play during NA prime time. When I log in early enough, the map has a lot of yellow keeps, but shortly there is few AD to be found anywhere doing much of anything but sitting at base. Slowly DC and/or EP take over the map with little to no resistance from AD it seems.

AD needs more NA prime time leaders and players willing to follow and listen.

I have played some time on all campaigns trying to decide which one to choose, to get my characters the alliance skills unlocked and get skyshards etc finished. I always play for the faction I am on, because I feel that is right.

My first character was AD, and I've always felt like AD is where I should be, but the potato culture of running to the bridge ad nauseum while our back keeps get capped gets frustrating and caused me to originally try other factions. Don't get me wrong, DC has the same problem with Chlaman.

I am trying to come back to AD as my main faction, because I love my AD characters but the lack of any organization and motivation during prime time makes it difficult.
    Beta tester November 2013
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Katahdin wrote: »
    I play during NA prime time. When I log in early enough, the map has a lot of yellow keeps, but shortly there is few AD to be found anywhere doing much of anything but sitting at base. Slowly DC and/or EP take over the map with little to no resistance from AD it seems.

AD needs more NA prime time leaders and players willing to follow and listen.

I have played some time on all campaigns trying to decide which one to choose, to get my characters the alliance skills unlocked and get skyshards etc finished. I always play for the faction I am on, because I feel that is right.

My first character was AD, and I've always felt like AD is where I should be, but the potato culture of running to the bridge ad nauseum while our back keeps get capped gets frustrating and caused me to originally try other factions. Don't get me wrong, DC has the same problem with Chlaman.

I am trying to come back to AD as my main faction, because I love my AD characters but the lack of any organization and motivation during prime time makes it difficult.

There is no better 'motivation' than result and the result should be to win. I do this for the new players, those who enter the campaign with the expectation of winning as a faction.

Others are thinking of titles or 'name' (whether personal or guild). I do not follow that logic. Each one has a different motivation, I think in a more collective way, not individual, I think like faction.

In prime time, we rarely have a favorable map, since this occurs with DC / EP as well, many prefer this schedule. Our score speaks or reveals absolutely everything, nothing more, nothing less.
  • Dystopia2020
    Dystopia2020
    ✭✭✭
    I started PvP as AD, and they are = to WoW alliance in my mind, the rest of my toons are EP, and I play only EP now.
    Yes, "Blood for the Pact" and "For the Horde" can be heard in EP zone chat.
    Apotheosis Priori~ EP Altmer Vamplar
    Illumanatus Priori~ EP Altmer Mag Sorc
    Apostate Priori~ EP Altmer Mag DK
    Apostate De'Void~ (retired) AD Altmer crafter
    PC/ NA, Vivec
    This is the Spiral Skein. The tower is One. The strands are Eight. The lessons are Forever.
    "No really, I AM an Ayleid".
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    I started PvP as AD, and they are = to WoW alliance in my mind, the rest of my toons are EP, and I play only EP now.

I'm 'fixing up' in AD some things ... 3:)
    Edited by Iskras on May 1, 2018 5:48PM
  • HaroniNDeorum
    HaroniNDeorum
    ✭✭✭

Fixing hahaha
    - Guildmaster of [ PANDA FORCE ] - Aldmeri PvP Guild NA/PC
    - Twitch.tv/haronin
    - Pvp focused player, want to improve everyday
    - Vivec`s Former Emperor: HaroniN AR45
    https://youtube.com/channel/UCT7YWsLrOLoG2HeMWUF7ifg/featured
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭

Fixing hahaha

Oh yeah! ... in spite of some, yes.
    Edited by Iskras on May 4, 2018 9:12PM
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just to notice

AD 1 bar - EP 3 bars - DC 2 bars (Oceanic Time Zone) AD have majority of the map. TKG and RAM online, some from DD. The organization makes all the difference.

Lets be fair, DC had a crowned EP Emperor and his entire Imperial EP legion sitting in their backyard all night long. I played DC that night to help a few non-PVP friends get their ‘Regicide Red’ dye and achievement, and Grundysorc was a really good sport about exposing himself to DC zergs.

So it wasn’t organization so much as everyone else was kind of busy. So there was almost no fighting in AD territory. And why would they? AD had one bar pop and no Scrolls left to take.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    It's like I've always said: people play for results and not words 'cherished' in ZONE chat. what moves or moves are victories and not defeats or 'little words'. Unfortunately that's it. Bitter AD dramatic results. Nobody wants to play in Vivec any more.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    Literally, ESO seems dying at a certain time (hour), seems to be the beginning of decay. :/
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Come on folks, it's the campaign before DLC launches and it's spring time (well sorta). Players are taking breaks getting real life stuff done (finals for those college kids which if you are an EP in one of my classes = automatic fail for the semester...hahah). If you think AD is dead now wait till May 21st. I'm only leading 2 nights a week right now and don't plan on leading any raids between the 21st and June 5th. Don't beat up the faction for having other interests. Honestly AD has some great leaders out there. Look at the what the faction does with its "small" organized groups compared to EP's horde and DC's legion. AD has some of the best players hands down considering that during NA prime time we are always fighting 2 fronts, outnumbered, and Azura forbid the circus parks in one of our southern keeps.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's only going to get worse for AD in the future. 2 guilds I'm in, that play in the afternoon/early evening (USA east coast time) have greatly reduced their time in Cryodiil to 1 maybe 2 days a week. Currently they're moving on to play other games as a group. And I can't blame them. It gets tiring to try and hold the the line while other AD run to get farmed at the bridge, sit turtled up in 1 or 2 keeps or just don't care anymore. I get it that some people don't care about the campaign and just want to play for fun or AP. But AD seems to have too many of those people to be viable in a campaign anymore. I predict that the second we're allowed to switch factions, (probably crown store token), we'll see a mass exodus from AD to other factions.
    Edited by starlizard70ub17_ESO on May 9, 2018 12:17PM
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's only going to get worse for AD in the future. 2 guilds I'm in, that play in the afternoon/early evening (USA east coast time) have greatly reduced their time in Cryodiil to 1 maybe 2 days a week. Currently they're moving on to play other games as a group. And I can't blame them. It gets tiring to try and hold the the line while other AD run to get farmed at the bridge, sit turtled up in 1 or 2 keeps or just don't care anymore. I get it that some people don't care about the campaign and just want to play for fun or AP. But AD seems to have too many of those people to be viable in a campaign anymore. I predict that the second we're allowed to switch factions, (probably crown store token), we'll see a mass exodus from AD to other factions.

That is always a possibility. But even with the numbers in PVP as they are currently, human nature will find a balance. It's one of those constants in life. Now I can't predict when that will happen but we can all be certain that it will at some point. Just for the record, if there is such a thing. Dominion Knights has played for AD exclusively 6 nights a week NA East Coast prime time for the past 2 years. I personally have led those raids, laughed, cried, raged, and any other emotional suffrage this game can induce. I have been through it all with AD, and even if we are the last AD guild defending the south, we will not go silently into the night. We are not the best, I don't think we are the worst either. We are simply a group of players that enjoy the game.

If there was any constant downside to this games PVP, it would be the stagnant map objectives that need to be changed. I am all for adding more map objectives that contribute positively to the advancement of solo and group play everywhere in Cyrodiil.
  • Iskras
    Iskras
    ✭✭✭
    It's exactly a game concept, play just for 'fun' that ruins that faction, it's an individualistic conception of game, just for fun not caring about the score and campaign. Strange that campanah works for DC and EP, not for AD. This conception ruined the AD. It is possible to have fun in the campaign, but it requires commitment, something unimaginable for AD and some old leader's of this faction.

AD is death for now, It needs players and new leaders, those who care about the campaign, with the faction as faction.

I can not blame EP and DC for preferring the 'easy game', the 'easy way' (since they are 24 hours logged and attacking AD only with low population). But if they continue in this way, they will also ruin the servant.

It is sad to see this situation. Old players afraid to take a stand or commit.
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's exactly a game concept, play just for 'fun' that ruins that faction, it's an individualistic conception of game, just for fun not caring about the score and campaign. Strange that campanah works for DC and EP, not for AD. This conception ruined the AD. It is possible to have fun in the campaign, but it requires commitment, something unimaginable for AD and some old leader's of this faction.

AD is death for now, It needs players and new leaders, those who care about the campaign, with the faction as faction.

I can not blame EP and DC for preferring the 'easy game', the 'easy way' (since they are 24 hours logged and attacking AD only with low population). But if they continue in this way, they will also ruin the servant.

I understand the side you are coming from / your perspective. However, ESO is not LIFE. It's a game. If you can not discern the committed attitude of "this" old player/ leader, well that's shortsightedness on your part. The best example of how committed we are as a guild and as a leader you should ask those who were at ROE BM and Fare last night. We had a group of 12 going up against vae victis' full raid of EP. We prevailed both at Roe and BM. I know Omni was present as well as other AD players and together we all pushed EP out of the south. While you are expounding the down side of the faction it might be better, to be a little more relaxed during this time with the new update coming. This game is a game. We play it for the fun. No one logs into this game to work on changing pixels from one color to another. Good leaders on all factions suffer fatigue when forced to endure the same stress night after night. As part of the community we each hold or share the responsibility of making this game as enjoyable as possible. I have in the past tried to influence the simplest of things such as tea bagging as a way to make losing less Unenjoyable. No one really understood or understands that when you pee in your sandbox enough, eventually you are standing alone in your own *** and everyone knows how fun that is when all you get to do is pvdoor a map because no one wants to engage in poor sportsmanship. Anyways, I've given up on trying to help to make the game enjoyable for everyone, I'm solely concerned with me and my group. If that doesn't fit your agenda then perhaps you should look around to see if you are standing in your own ***.

This replay is not in anyway totally directed at Iskra. I think the world of him and understand his perspective and often simply agree to disagree with what he says. Afterall he is playing the game the way he enjoys it.

• Agrippa_Invisus
    Agrippa_Invisus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »

This game is a game. We play it for the fun. No one logs into this game to work on changing pixels from one color to another. Good leaders on all factions suffer fatigue when forced to endure the same stress night after night. As part of the community we each hold or share the responsibility of making this game as enjoyable as possible.

This is really well said and very true, Taran.

The one thing I will always have sympathy for is how much work and effort raid and guild leads are forced to put in, and how much burnout can drag you down and ruin the fun in the game that you may be having.

Anyone who leads nearly every single night has both my admiration and my sympathy.

I ran Hijinx 7 days a week for a very, very long time. Nearly the first 1/3rd of this game's lifespan. It wrecked me both physically and mentally and I couldn't even force myself to play anymore (hence that long, nearly 18 months total of absences I've had in this game).

There's a reason I don't raid lead or guild lead anymore, and it's primarily because I'm not interested in the stress levels anymore. I legitimately ended up with my RL doctor mad at me due to the HBP that the stress was causing me -- in a family not known for that condition at all. It stays at a reasonable level now, and part of that is through not torturing myself.

Guild and raid leads need to find a way to make the game fun for themselves as well as their members, and if they can't, then that's when it's time to consider a break or appointing someone else to run things while they take a step back. Teaching new officers how to be the crown/raid lead is a good way to get some help shouldering those responsibilities and allowing someone to sit back and just play.

When I realized I wasn't having any fun anymore, I handed off Hijinx to someone I trusted and moved on with my life. My old guild may not really be around anymore, but that's OK, because it helped make sure I was healthier, which is waaaaaaaaaaaaaay more important than this video game.

Edited by Agrippa_Invisus on May 9, 2018 7:15PM
    Agrippa Invisus / Indominus / Inprimis / Inviolatus
    DragonKnight / Templar / Warden / Sorcerer - Vagabond
    Once a General, now a Citizen
    Former Emperor of Bloodthorn and Vivec
    For Sweetrolls! FOR FIMIAN!