Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

stormcalling ultimate bug?

mojho
mojho
Does anyone know what the deal with the stormcalling ultimate is? While using weapons you can use the weapon slotted abilities but there's no animation to go along with them while the ult is active, making it really difficult to play with. Has anyone heard that there is a fix that will come eventually or will it always be like this?
  • Svann
    Svann
    ✭✭✭
    I dont think it is doing at all what it is supposed to. Its supposed to buff light and heavy attacks, which to me means basic weapon attacks. That is, left mouse button attacks which are light or heavy depending on how long you hold the mouse button. Normally that would be the destruction staff, but nothing says a mage has to choose that weapon. I chose bow instead. But with bow equipped and Overload toggled on instead it seems like it is doing some kind of short range aoe lightning attack. It uses up my ultimate charges and doesnt hit the mob at all.
  • Rastafariel
    Rastafariel
    ✭✭✭
    Stormcalling ult is like using lightning magic in both hands in Skyrim. Play around with it and you will get used to it.
    A Dragon's Tear has many mystical qualities...
    dragontears.boards.net
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    It increases the damage your equipped weapons light and heavy attacks would do by 9% but it also changes your light and heavy attacks range and form. Your light attacks are shots of electricity with about 10 meters range. Your heavy attacks can be held down and deal damage forward AoE every 2 seconds. I took the morph than increases radius of heavy attacks. My build is a Sorcerer Tank that uses 2 handers and heavy armor. When I switch on my ultimate I use my immobilize on the enemies then hold down my heavy attacks. It pretty much melts them in a few seconds.
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
  • mojho
    mojho
    right, but say you have something like twin slashes or flurry slotted from the dual wield line. If you toggle your ult on, then walk up to an enemy and cast your twin slashes or flurry, nothing happens, and yet the health will go down as if it is being cast, you just can't see it.
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The ult removes your weapon(s) from your hands and your attack animations will look different. A cool thing about this ult is that it allows you to use 3 different loadouts - your two regulars and one which is active as long as the ult is running. On the third loadout, I usually slot abilities which go well with the ultimate's design, such as encase for CC. Also notice that this ultimate works in conjunction with surge so you can deal out some serious damage with it.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • kapxis
    kapxis
    whut? How do you get a 3rd loadout with the ultimate?
  • Baphomet
    Baphomet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Charge up the ultimate and activate it - then drag abilities to your hotbar. Whenever you activate the ult subsequently, these abilities will be available to you.
    - The Psijic Order
    - TKO
    - Dominant Dominion
    - The Noore
  • kapxis
    kapxis
    that is awesome. Opens things up in an excellent way. I hope it's not an oversight they intend to change.
  • LadyChaos
    LadyChaos
    ✭✭✭✭
    once you run out of ultimate power or die, or zone in many cases it returns to the standard loadout. It can also get you in a pickel if you have pve/pvp loadout set up and in wrong case as you can only change it after you have activated it. It's worth it imo but you have to micromanage it a bit, some may not enjoy that.
    VR2 Ataxia - [NA] Veteran Dominion Sorcerer [Auriel's Bow]
    PvP, PvE, Crafting, and General Shenanigans
    >:) Sorcery and Mayhem online since 1999 >:)
    Current PvP Class/Supernatural Census
  • Niminion
    Niminion
    ✭✭✭
    The ability itself works great, the fact that you can't see the animations for weapon skills (dagger and bow at least) makes it very awkward though.

Basically I want to leave it on all the time while questing because my skill rotation easily covers the ult cost of a few buffed basic attacks here and there.

But I can't because not being able to see my dagger and bow skills go off drives me crazy.
  • rhubbert_ESO
    rhubbert_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Baphomet wrote: »
    The ult removes your weapon(s) from your hands and your attack animations will look different. A cool thing about this ult is that it allows you to use 3 different loadouts - your two regulars and one which is active as long as the ult is running. On the third loadout, I usually slot abilities which go well with the ultimate's design, such as encase for CC. Also notice that this ultimate works in conjunction with surge so you can deal out some serious damage with it.
    My tank/dps build is centered around that synergy. I use Rally from 2hander and Surge along with this ultimate to positively melt mobs. I took the morph that increases range and radius of heavy attacks. This damage along with heavy armor and Thundering Presence is amazing for tanking and DPS.
    Iris Umbra// Stamina Nightblade // Aldmeri Dominion
  • alewis478b14_ESO
    alewis478b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have the Mage Light ability slotted from the Mage Guild skill line and using this ultimate always cancels Mage Light.