Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

JEWELRY CRAFTING: Implications on the economy, gear meta, endgame, etc.

• Darauk
    Darauk
    ✭✭
    Also there will be some very powerful double crafted set combinations. Shacklebreaker/Julianos or Shacklebreaker/Hundings is obvious. Twitch streamers will have a field day "inventing" these builds while other Twitch streamers will claim they invented them first.

So funny! No doubt someone will "invent" this combination! :smiley:

In fact, it's what I currently run on my Sorcerer... 5 set Julianos (4 armor, 1 staff), 3 set (3 armor) Shacklebreaker, and 3 set Willpower (3 rings, necklace). Now I'm stoked that I can get a 5 + 5 to give my Sorcerer a bit more Stamina mobility.

I like the setup so much I am going to do it for my DK to get a bit more Magicka for some of those abilities I don't quite want to morph into Stamina abilities.

But rest assured, I won't claim I invented it. It's kinda obvious. :wink:
    - Darauk
  • Darauk
    Darauk
    ✭✭
    My hope is that jewelry crafting operates identically as clothier, blacksmithing, and woodworking -- same types of passives in the skill tree, same quantity of mats/tempers required, same transmute options, same research times. The whole shebang.

Though the idea of farming up mats from scratch is a little ... daunting. Especially whatever the tempers end up being.
    - Darauk
  • JimmyJuJu
    JimmyJuJu
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darauk wrote: »
    Also there will be some very powerful double crafted set combinations. Shacklebreaker/Julianos or Shacklebreaker/Hundings is obvious. Twitch streamers will have a field day "inventing" these builds while other Twitch streamers will claim they invented them first.

So funny! No doubt someone will "invent" this combination! :smiley:

In fact, it's what I currently run on my Sorcerer... 5 set Julianos (4 armor, 1 staff), 3 set (3 armor) Shacklebreaker, and 3 set Willpower (3 rings, necklace). Now I'm stoked that I can get a 5 + 5 to give my Sorcerer a bit more Stamina mobility.

I like the setup so much I am going to do it for my DK to get a bit more Magicka for some of those abilities I don't quite want to morph into Stamina abilities.

But rest assured, I won't claim I invented it. It's kinda obvious. :wink:

I was thinking Juli/Hundings + TBS + <insert monster set here> but Shacklebreaker works, too. And then there's the change to 2H weapons....
  • gnarlyvandal
    gnarlyvandal
    ✭✭✭
    Doubt this will decrease interest in endgame content. The main reason people do vTrials is for fun and challenge and cosmetics imo, the difference between blue and gold jewelry is pretty marginal. The only gear with a big difference is perfect asylum staves but that isn’t related to jewels at all. I actually think jewel crafting will increase interest in vet trials if u can decon jewels and sell the gold mats (hope it works this way, got a lot saved up).

Would love to have a point clarified about deconstructing jewellery.... I thought that the jewellery currently available in game won’t be able to be deconned, only the jewellery found after the expansion hits?
  • Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doubt this will decrease interest in endgame content. The main reason people do vTrials is for fun and challenge and cosmetics imo, the difference between blue and gold jewelry is pretty marginal. The only gear with a big difference is perfect asylum staves but that isn’t related to jewels at all. I actually think jewel crafting will increase interest in vet trials if u can decon jewels and sell the gold mats (hope it works this way, got a lot saved up).

Would love to have a point clarified about deconstructing jewellery.... I thought that the jewellery currently available in game won’t be able to be deconned, only the jewellery found after the expansion hits?

@gnarlyvandal Yes, they (ZOS) have stated in several announcements and forums posts that only jewelry acquired after Summerset goes live will be able to be deconstructed. You will be able to improve, transmute, or research any old jewelry you may be in possession of, but not deconstruct it.

Once Summerset is live, pre-expansion jewelry will have a tooltip designating it as "not able to be deconstructed" to avoid any confusion and hopefully alleviate people getting scammed from buying old stuff to deconstruct.

Edit for pronoun clarity.
    Edited by Feric51 on April 18, 2018 12:39PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)

• Feric51
    Feric51
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Double post - Delete
    Edited by Feric51 on April 18, 2018 12:38PM
    Feric51
    Xbox NA

Darkness Falls: The Crusade survivor (you young kids will never know the struggle of text-based games)