The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

JEWELRY CRAFTING: Implications on the economy, gear meta, endgame, etc.

• Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it will greatly increase interest in NORMAL Trials. Then people will only do Vet trials if they specifically want a challenge. I am a big fan of normal trials so I'd be happy with that.

We will have less terribly bad players in Vet because they can just upgrade their normal rings. Still be some because of monster helms though.

I would still of preferred the enchanting style crafting to encourage players to improve but I am also soooooo happy I don't have to get good enough to do either VetWGT or VetMoL to get the gear I want.
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Narvuntien wrote: »
    I think it will greatly increase interest in NORMAL Trials. Then people will only do Vet trials if they specifically want a challenge. I am a big fan of normal trials so I'd be happy with that.

We will have less terribly bad players in Vet because they can just upgrade their normal rings. Still be some because of monster helms though.

I would still of preferred the enchanting style crafting to encourage players to improve but I am also soooooo happy I don't have to get good enough to do either VetWGT or VetMoL to get the gear I want.

Don't forget that they can do things like asylum for new trials: normal drops unique items, but vet drops "perfected" versions of those items that are inherently more powerful
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Kingslayer513
    Kingslayer513
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SugaComa wrote: »
    Thanks for the write-up.

Honestly my biggest concern is with upgrading jewelry. If it's not sufficiently difficult to upgrade, then is there any reason to run vet content anymore (aside from pride + achievements)? If it works just like any other craft skill, then for most players it'll be easier to go PUG normal trials and upgrade everything instead of honing their skills, joining guilds, and working their way up to vet trials for the better loot.

We still don't have many details yet, but it sounds a lot like the existing crafting skills.

This actually a good thing in a way ... Most vet content is ignored cos people can't get the gear to complete it

So it's catch 22 no decent gear no vet trials no vet trials no decent gear ... Now as gear becomes more readily accessible people will be doing vet content for the real reason to do them

Pride and achievements ... Best gear should never be locked behind end content ... End content should be what you do with the best gear

You know, I like your perspective and you could very well be right. We know that Trial participation rates are abysmally low... like less than 1% of the ESO population. So maybe with easier access to purple and gold jewelry, we'll start seeing way more participation in end game PVE.

Even though I've always advocated that ANY class can do 30-40k dps with non-trial gear, I do think that easier access to purple/gold jewelry will increase both dps and confidence from the average player.
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] There will have to be a raw material to craft rings from, I wonder how grindy it will be to get it. Inb4 gather 100pcs of flyspec, and refine into 1 glipglop, then combine 100 glipglops into 1 flipflop, etc.
    [/list]

lmao
  • ErMurazor
    ErMurazor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cant find it now but it was datamined some time ago that you could improve jewelry but deconstruct wasnt available. This could mean mats will drop in content and the harder the content higher mats will drop.
  • Narvuntien
    Narvuntien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ErMurazor wrote: »
    Cant find it now but it was datamined some time ago that you could improve jewelry but deconstruct wasnt available. This could mean mats will drop in content and the harder the content higher mats will drop.

Oh! interesting. Yeah I can see how that will work.. hopefully it wont be bound though. So people could run Vet content get gold jewellery crafting mats and sell them. Thereby allowing everyone to access it and rewarding people for completing hard content.

I mean transmutation stones system actually works pretty well but just adding a million bonus currencies is kind of annoying. Gold, AP, Tel Var, Master Writs, Transmutation stones...... jewels??
  • Elsterchen
    Elsterchen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so hyped for jewelery crafting. If it works like clothing, blacksmithing, woodworking we may expect a rather long "learning"- phase followed by relatively low cost crafting. Which i think is fine.

Anyways... I am prepared. :p

Sabine-Scheer-jewelry-photography-magpie.jpg
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Personally I believe jewellery crafting will have a huge impact on PvE and PvP balance. There´re so many sets in this game that has huge potential if combined with another crafted set.
    IF (a big if) jewellery crafting is added to already existing sets, then I predict it will cause one of the biggest power-creeps this game has seen.
  • Prospero_ESO
    Prospero_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are concerns that the increased availability of gold Jewelry will decrease interest in endgame content.

Don´t think that will happen. I doubt that the nr. 1 motivation of the few people who are actually doing this content on that level are doing it with the motivation of getting new gear.
    Edited by Prospero_ESO on March 22, 2018 7:11AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one wonders yes - will there be a daily crafting quest for jewellery as for the other skills?

If so this will probably be the best way for many to obtain golden tempers rather than via the deconstruction of golden rings and pendants.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I´d be interested to see how it´s supposed to be leveled in that case as all other craftingskills are almost exclusively leveled (like 90% of total exp 1 to 50) by deconstructing existing items.
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

I´d be interested to see how it´s supposed to be leveled in that case as all other craftingskills are almost exclusively leveled (like 90% of total exp 1 to 50) by deconstructing existing items.

Time to start hording those yokedan/lunar bastion rings now :)
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jewelry does drop a lot though. You could also farm them doing Dolmens.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Feanor wrote: »

Jewelry does drop a lot though. You could also farm them doing Dolmens.

The Alik´i´r dolmen "bots" will be controlling the in-game market soon xD
  • VonNelson
    VonNelson
    ✭✭✭
    Any speculation on how many traits jewellery is going to have? The one trait already mentioned isn’t any of the 9 we already have
  • Carbonised
    Carbonised
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This one wonders yes - will there be a daily crafting quest for jewellery as for the other skills?

If so this will probably be the best way for many to obtain golden tempers rather than via the deconstruction of golden rings and pendants.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Since it's an entire new skill line, just like the other crafting skills, I /do/ hope they implement it fully, with daily writs and rewards, with jewelry crafting for all crafted sets, upgrading of jewelry just like upgrading normal equipment, and with jewelry-based furnishing recipes.

As for mats, if they're not making special jewelry nodes (gem/metallic) for Summerset, then they could either drop from daily writs or decon'ing current jewelry, or be given out for various PvE/PvP activities, such as the current transmutation crystals.
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can we upgrade dropped Jewelry, or just crafted sets? If so it will make doing Vet Trials and Dungeons pointless unless you just want skins/titles. Not sure I'd like the fact that someone could "gold out" their trial sets without ever doing a Vet trial.

I've never felt gear was the reason to do a dungeon. I much rather things this way. The achievement is the important part, and mastery of the game.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • greylox
    greylox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The difference between purple and gold is so small I don't think it matters. I like they're adding new traits. I suppose they will just have to replace the gold jewellery rewards (and @ vendor) with something else.
    PC EU

House of the Black Lotus
    *{Smokes-in-the-Shade }* (Mag pet Sorc Argonian, prolific thief, willing participant of the dark arts, gardener of exotic...herbs)
    {Lugdum The Mechanist} (Hybrid Orc Templar, collector of ancient Ayleid smoking pipes)
    {Rantoul} (Dark Elf Magknight, likes an ale between boss fights, has been known to offer daedric princes out in a fist fight)
    {Red, The Wanderer} (Bosmer stam sorc and hunter extraordinaire)
    {Shoots-For-Stars} (Argonian Mag pet Sorc Ice mage Healer)
    *{Jinny the spark }* (Sassy Imperial Stamplar)
    {Crezzi the Drifter} (Magblade khajiit burglar, available for questionable operations)
    {Grif the Despised} (StamKnight Tank Nord, Eastmarch Master Drinker and spinner of tall yarns)
    {Geraldine Stone-Heart} (High Elf MagSorc Ice Tank, Mystic, practitioner of the ancient arts)
    *{Anawinn}* (Stam pet Ward Redguard, Mother to a bear and an unruly Hunger,Librarian, field medic and natures fist)

{*}Mains
    { CP 900+ }

Caretaker of Battle Island (Grand Topal), the holiday destination for the discerning warrior
    Residing in Stay-Moist Mansion-Shadowfen - The Smoking Den (as of 6th feb 2017)

• commdt
    commdt
    ✭✭✭✭
    Finally, healthy Jorvuld! Or will there be other interesting tanking traits?
    Rawr
  • Warbow7
    Warbow7
    ✭✭✭
    The most important question is: will we finally be getting jewelry with the training trait :P
    PC•EU │since 08/2016
  • anitajoneb17_ESO
    anitajoneb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The (very few) people who have a house with all attunable crafting stations will have a major reorganization challenge :-) These things take up so much space :-)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We really need more information about if it affect jewelry of droped sets or only works with cratable jewelries.
  • jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    jaschacasadiob16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wonder what will be the point of veteran trials...
    "Yesterday while searching a barrel in vVoM I found a lemon. Best drop of the whole run."

Protect the weak. Heal the sick.
    Treasure the gifts of friendship. Seek joy and inspiration in the mysteries of love.
    Honor the Earth, its creatures, and the spirits. Use Nature's gifts wisely. Respect her power. Fear her fury.
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really wonder what will be the point of veteran trials...

Same as before: challenge and the overall awesomeness of it. Since trial gear became BoP nobody raids for gear any longer I would think. Much easier to farm normal if you need gear.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • JerzeeDevil
    JerzeeDevil
    ✭✭✭
    So many pulled muscles by jumping to conclusions!

I LOVE IT
    jerzeedevil.com

If looks could kill, then Death would be my name.

Daggerfall's Mightiest- PS4 NA
    Wardens of Morrowind-PS4 NA
    Cyrodiil Death Squad- PS4 NA/EU

• pkuronen
    pkuronen
    ✭✭✭
    This makes endgame motivation lesser with easy access to jewels but it also brings brand new endgame content closer. I am sure they will come up with new content that will be harder to reach.

But it is also good to remember the de-motivating effect that a few uber players can have for the masses - which pay the development bills.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

Santie, I’m just wondering if they will introduce different mats and improvement items to jewelry crafting. Like refined gold, silver, copper, etc. And deconstructing jewelry would produce the improvement mats associated with the new craft.

• Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    what if the gold tempers required to upgrade jewelry from rare to legendary only dropped in endgame content?

how-about-no-bear-meme.jpg?w=980
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • AlnilamE
    AlnilamE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The implications.
    1. Can Jewelry traits be transmuted with the existing transmute system? Not Confirmed.
    2. Will all rings drop in all 9 traits now? Imagine farming the Burning spellweave necklace if it can drop in 9 traits and only one is BIS with no transmute. Get ready to grind!
    3. If jewelry crafting works like armor crafting, then new traits will have to be researched. Remember how long it took to research 9 traits for all armor? Good thing there are research scrolls in the crown store now :wink: Cant wait for the P2W cries. People who buy research will have access to the new system faster.
    4. If Jewelry can be transmuted. There are some strong sets that will get even stronger if you can change the trait. (I'm thinking heavy sets like ravager, fury, soulshine, elfbane)

1,2 and 4. I expect it will be transmutable. I also expect it will drop in all 9 traits after the update.

2. Let's put this in perspective:
    - If you have absolutely no passives for research time (nor ESO+) researching traits lasts 6h, 12h, 24, 2d, 4d, 8d, 16d, 32d, 64d
    - There will be two slots that need to be researched (neck and ring)
    - Most popular sets are 5-6 traits, so being able to craft that set without any time reduction will take 15 days and 18 hours per item
    - You'll probably have passives that reduce research times by 20%, along with the 10% reduction from ESO+ (which also has a 30-day cap) and the passive will probably allow you to research neck and rings at the same time.
    - If that's really not fast enough for some people, they can go knock themselves out with crafting time reduction vouchers (which I assume will be available from the voucher vendor as well)
    The Moot Councillor
  • Kumbiya
    Kumbiya
    ✭✭✭
    Muttsmutt wrote: »
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    what if the gold tempers required to upgrade jewelry from rare to legendary only dropped in endgame content?

how-about-no-bear-meme.jpg?w=980

If the legendary mats dropped outside of endgame content it would seriously dilute the rationale to even do that content; people who actually do endgame should be rewarded for their efforts outside of the regular reasons people do it (e.g score, achievements, gear, actually enjoying doing the content). I would love for us end game raiders to have control over an aspect of the economy (at least until wealthy ESO traders buy up all the mats and resell at a higher price lol)
    CP 700+
    Rohuku - Redguard StamDK/Tank & Master Crafter
    Mogubishu - Altmer Warden Healer/Mag DPS
    Ruyanril - Dunmer Magblade
    Treads-Muddy-Waters - Argonian DK Tank

vAA HM/vHRC HM/vSO HM/vMoL/vHoF/vAS/vDSA/vMA