The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Let’s talk about the strife nerf

Subversus
Subversus
✭✭✭✭✭
I feel like increasing the cost of this ability by 50% simply because of PVE PARSES is completely over the board and uncalled for.

Strife is: dodgeable, reflectable, has mediocre damage, it bugs out light attack weaving. Do you seriously feel like a 50% cost increase is justified simply because some PVE guy can parse high? Nerf the ever living *** out of path and crippling grasp damage for all I care, leave strife alone!

Please don’t nerf an already meh (open world!!!!!) class in PVP because of PVE. Only reason we’re even viable is because of cloak and shade, not because strife is by some logic too strong......

Suggestion:
Increase the morph Funnel Health’s cost, leave Swallow soul alone (or increase by less than on funnel........). This will not affect pvp too much, but will, to some degree, affect PvE.
  • SevenPacer
    SevenPacer
    ✭✭✭
    I believe it was necessary to provide variety of dps skills. Not even mad
    @SevenPacer [PC/EU]
  • DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    DRAGON_KILLER_HUNTER
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont think that anyone will keep using strife in pve anymore with this nerf. Its now the second time it got a cost increase :(

Destruction staff passives are just better.
  • Blackbird_V
    Blackbird_V
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Literally considering because of this going back to Scathing Mage Nerien'eth Meta, this time with Asylum staff. Like, this nerf is totally unnecessary. Literally Force Pulse corner again.
    Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 25 DLCs. 41 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game.
  • CatastrophicSuccess
    I think the cost increase is important for PvE as magblade sustain is really easy right now and I don't think a smaller cost increase would have a serious impact on PvP.

However I don't think it should be increased up to 2700. A small increase in cost would have a significant impact on a PvE strife rotation as the skill is constantly spammed and important fights several minutes in length. This would have a smaller impact on PvP where the ability isn't usually spammed to the same degree or nearly as much.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can’t even fathom how they are comparing strife to FORCE PULSE out of all the abilities in game. Force pulse is MILES ahead of strife. The only reason strife was even considered as a viable option was because it was cheap.

Force pulse: doesn’t bug out light attack weaving, is NOT REFLECTABLE, does mooooore damage, procs status effects.

Strife: heals us (for a mediocre amount in pvp at that).

Yet you somehow found that it was overperforming?

@ZOS_GinaBruno please, if you want to nerf pve dps then nerf path and crippling grasp damage some more. Leave strife alone.
  • ajcorbell
    ajcorbell
    ✭✭✭
    I'm only annoyed because now everyone will use force pulse, and it's a bit boring to run it on all classes
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the cost increase is important for PvE as magblade sustain is really easy right now and I don't think a smaller cost increase would have a serious impact on PvP.

However I don't think it should be increased up to 2700. A small increase in cost would have a significant impact on a PvE strife rotation as the skill is constantly spammed and important fights several minutes in length. This would have a smaller impact on PvP where the ability isn't usually spammed to the same degree or nearly as much.

A 50% increase is not a small impact for pvp. It is a serious nerf. I was fine with a small increase, but not 50%!
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    I can’t even fathom how they are comparing strife to FORCE PULSE out of all the abilities in game. Force pulse is MILES ahead of strife. The only reason strife was even considered as a viable option was because it was cheap.

Force pulse: doesn’t bug out light attack weaving, is NOT REFLECTABLE, does mooooore damage, procs status effects.

@ZOS_GinaBruno please, if you want to nerf pve dps then nerf path and crippling grasp damage some more. Leave strife alone.

The issue is in PvE where groups are running 8 mNBs all for Funnel Health. No the ability wasn't overperforming in PvP but in PvE? Yes Strife is in fact MILES ahead of Force Pulse.
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • CatastrophicSuccess

A 50% increase is not a small impact for pvp. It is a serious nerf. I was fine with a small increase, but not 50%!

I agree. My point is a small increase would likely help balance in PvE without having a significant impact in PvP. The proposed change is too drastic and makes the skill unappealing in both PvE and PvP.
    PC NA - CP 1000+

• Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »

The issue is in PvE where groups are running 8 mNBs all for Funnel Health. No the ability wasn't overperforming in PvP but in PvE? Yes Strife is in fact MILES ahead of Force Pulse.

So I can say?
    “Screw all these players in Pve getting my Pvp stuff nerf”
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I think the cost increase is fine, but that the skill should be made unblockable. This skill is way too strong in PVE an PVP as is mostly due to it's cost.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bad nerf and Wrobel should feel bad .
  • Love Wizard
    Love Wizard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree with the cost should only increase funnel, but I think the changes are needed for this skill. I dont get the twisting path nerf though, that was unjustified.
    @IWM - EU - Member of Hodor
    Mashinate - Highelf Nightblade (Inactive)
    Love Wizard - Dunmer Dragonknight (Inactive)
    Godblade - Highelf Nightblade (Active)
    Mashixo - Dunmer Sorcerer (Inactive)
    Hjelmi's Sister - Dunmer Nightblade (Inactive)
    Mashiex - Orc Nightblade (Active)
    Beaminate - Dunmer Templar (Inactive)
    Kittynate - Khajiit Nightblade (Inactive)
    Godmancer - Orc Necromancer (Active)

Server: EU || Guilds: Hodor & Banana Squad || Previously Zerg Squad || Nightblade Lover

Scores: vMoL - 170840 | vSO - 177392 | vHRC - 159696 | vHoF - 221111| vAS - 115810| vCR - 132661 | vBP - 101083 | vSS - 247438

Achievements: Tick Tock Tormentor x3 - Immortal Redeemer x6 - Gryphon Heart x5 - The Unchained x1 - Godslayer x1

Worlds First Vet Maw of Lorkhaj Clear (Hodor! & Hodor!)
    Worlds First Vet Halls of Fabrication HM Clear - Worlds First vHoF Speedrun(Hodor!)
    World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (Hodor!)
    Worlds First Tick Tock & Disassembly General (No death speedrun HM vHoF)
    Worlds First vAS Hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest clear, and hardmode
    Worlds First Cloudrest HM Nodeathspeedrun (Gryphon Heart)
    Worlds First Blackrose Prison clear
    Worlds First "The Unchained" title (vBP speedrun, nodeath, no sigils)
    World Record for all the Trials (Murkmire)
    Worlds First Godslayer
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kilandros

That’s why I suggested funnel health alone to have the cost increase. I highly doubt swallow soul is viable in that tactic, as the overheals from 8 people was what was the issue.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

So I can say?

Yup, PvErs finally ruining stuff for PvPers
    Invictus
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

• BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭

People only run 6-7 but mostly 6 mnbs in vAS in the other trials its mostly 2 mag nb 2 stam nb and trust me its not, now with force pulse meta mnbs will be stronger then last patch
    Edited by BigBadVolk on April 16, 2018 7:02PM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Kilandros

That’s why I suggested funnel health alone to have the cost increase. I highly doubt swallow soul is viable in that tactic, as the overheals from 8 people was what was the issue.

I'm not as certain as you are that Swallow Soul wouldn't be as viable. If you still have 8 mNBs pumping out crazy self heals on themselves then would that actually change the raid group comp?
    Invictus

• NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    SevenPacer wrote: »
    I believe it was necessary to provide variety of dps skills. Not even mad

Well your wrong. This will infact reduce the variety as people will opt for forcepulse because it does more damage
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Kilandros

I'm not as certain as you are that Swallow Soul wouldn't be as viable. If you still have 8 mNBs pumping out crazy self heals on themselves then would that actually change the raid group comp?

What if it was more HoT based. It ticked every .5 seconds rather than ever 1 second. Smaller heal more often means easier to die but overall healing is the same
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I agree with the cost should only increase funnel, but I think the changes are needed for this skill. I dont get the twisting path nerf though, that was unjustified.

That's just a parse thing. The cost increase was just nonsense on top of it as cost doesn't increase or reduce DPS
  • WreckfulAbandon
    WreckfulAbandon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Even if they have to increase the cost 50% is way too much.
    PC NA

All my comments are regarding PvP
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kilandros

You can’t even begin compare one swallow soul to 8 funnel health heals. That’s an absurd comparison. Not to mention that swallow soul heals don’t make the skill broken, especially not when force pulse is the clear winner in terms of dps, which is what matters in pvp. Only reason it was ever viable over pulse (ignoring funnel stacking) was because of it’s cost. Not the healing.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Agree. Even if they have to increase the cost 50% is way too much.

This exactly. I was fine with a cost increase, whatever. Still uncalled for, but whatever. But 50%???? Yeah no thank you.
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Kilandros

You can’t even begin compare one swallow soul to 8 funnel health heals. That’s an absurd comparison. Not to mention that swallow soul heals don’t make the skill broken, especially not when force pulse is the clear winner in terms of dps, which is what matters in pvp. Only reason it was ever viable over pulse (ignoring funnel stacking) was because of it’s cost. Not the healing.

I'm not making the comparison? You are. What I'm saying is that I'm not as quick as you are to jump to the conclusion that raids wouldn't just sub Swallow Soul in for Funnel Health. Please don't put words in my mouth that I clearly did not write.
    Invictus

• Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Kilandros

I'm not making the comparison? You are. What I'm saying is that I'm not as quick as you are to jump to the conclusion that raids wouldn't just sub Swallow Soul in for Funnel Health. Please don't put words in my mouth that I clearly did not write.

Fine.

My point stands, however: the cost increase on swallow soul specifically is still not warranted by it’s ability to heal. Not a 50% increase that is.
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

So I can say?

Yup, PvErs finally ruining stuff for PvPers

Agreed, pvpers complaining about pvers nerfing their abilities? About time they feel what pvers deal with