The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

MagBlade MegaThread (No Stamblade)

NyassaV
NyassaV
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Creating this as a hub for magblade issues since magblade and stamblade are so drastically different. There will be more of a focus on PvP since there is so much more to be discussed while keeping PvE in mind

Strife:
So Magblade isn't really over preforming much in comparison to stamblade in PvP Environments. I'm honestly shocked to see Magblade gets hit with a strife nerf. Which is the one thing ZoS could do to actually *** me off. With this change to strife the skill is no longer really unique anymore and it doesn't even fix the issue of them over-preforming in PvE environments. It literally only punishes solo players and people who PvP. Many roleplayers (myself included) started playing a nightblade two years ago cuz strife was a fun skill and not overly punishing. Most those people are still very casual and will probably wish they choose something else to play. In addition to this most tanks use this skill for healing so the cheap cost is very necessary for them, another skill that tanks use for healing is burning embers which is FAR cheaper than strife is on live. A solution would be to make Strife cost about as much or slightly less then concealed weapon. That way the uniqueness of the skill in preserved and it still does less damage than Concealed Weapon and Force pulse. I can get behind a cost increase but the current amount that is proposed is pretty stupid as it doesn't do anything but hurt an audience it's not supposed to.

Assassin's blade:
Since I am 85% against the strife change I feel it is sorta balanced to offer this one too. Increase the cost of this ability to that of force-pulse/concealed weapon. That way you are overall needing more sustain rather than just needing it for strife. It does so much damage for so little cost

Path:
I'm pretty ok with these changes as this does actually address the issue of nightblades over preforming but I'd much prefer the healing factor of refreshing path be left alone

Shade:
Yay!

Soul Siphion (And Tether):
Why would I use this over resto ult? Please reduce the cost of this skill to that of Resto ult (and leap even) so that I have a reason to use this skill. Also the Tether radius is far too small so people dodge out of it all the time.

Siphioning Attacks:
I want the Morrowind version back (which different values) but that will probably never happen

ADD YOUR SUGGESTIONS
Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Refreshing path's healing in no way shape or form is over performing.

Strife change is fine but should be made to be unblcokable.

Me and @thogard been crying on the forums about undodgeable incap damage for months. Our cries are finally heard.
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stampede keeps its 60% snare

Lotus fan get a 40%ish nerf

For what?
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    agree on the strife cost decrease idea what gilliam said should be fine, or if they want this cost, increase its damage and healing in some way (like giving back it healing 2 or 3 people for funnel and something like unreflectable and dodgeable for swallow) on the rest I agree, impale is the one which needed a cost increase not this skill
    Edited by BigBadVolk on April 16, 2018 7:38PM
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quoting myself from another thread:

"It's less an issue of Strife itself now costing too much but rather the heal/damage component of it not being worth this new, much higher cost compared to what you'd gain in damage from other options like Force Pulse. If they'd make it unreflectable, increase the base healing/make it's healing done it's own value as opposed to a percentage of damage done, allow Strife's individual ticks to crit again/make the HOT value not refresh each time it's cast but instead when it's value becomes higher, it'd still be worth slotting as a defensive counterpart to Force Pulse's pure damage."

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
  • Kilandros
    Kilandros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Gina just posted a NB feedback thread tho
    Invictus
    Kilandros - Dragonknight / Grand Overlord
    Deimos - Templar / Grand Warlord
    Sias - Sorcerer / Prefect
    Short answer is DKs likely won't be seeing a ton of changes before we go live; this class is still quite powerful (as it should be being a tank), even after some of the adjustments we've made to other classes and abilities.

DK IS NOT JUST A TANK CLASS. #PLAYTHEWAYYOUWANT
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Strife's cost should have been increased, but not by this much.
    Increasing it to 2300 or so instead of 2700 would have been enough. It might do more than just dealing damage, but it's not really used for that reason.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kilandros wrote: »
    Gina just posted a NB feedback thread tho

RIP I'm late
  • CavalryPK
    CavalryPK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think they are aiming to make you decide on equal grounds if you gonna use strife for healing or pulse for more dmg. I think they don't want you to consider the magicka cost... for example if strife costs less mag, then than its a no brainer vs if it costs the same then it is a brainer...

THE CAVELRY HAS ARRIVED! Cav is a professional magblade, (in his not so professional opinion). He is immortal and is fighting for the Pact since 2E 572, amidst the turmoil of the Second Akaviri Invasion. He protects the provinces of Skyrim, Morrowind and Black Marsh.

Check out his PVP YouTube channel !

https://youtube.com/TheCavalryPK
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CavalryPK wrote: »
    I think they are aiming to make you decide on equal grounds if you gonna use strife for healing or pulse for more dmg. I think they don't want you to consider the magicka cost... for example if strife costs less mag, then than its a no brainer vs if it costs the same then it is a brainer...

in a trials environment most will opt for forcepulse