Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: April 13 @ 6PM EDT – Summerset’s Houses and PvP Changes"

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: April 13 @ 6PM EDT – Summerset’s Houses and PvP Changes.

First, Lead Systems Designer Philip Draven and Systems Designer Cullen Lee will give us a tour through two of the brand-new player homes coming with and beyond ESO: Summerset. As they do, they'll also showcase some of the new furnishings that you'll be able to create with Jewelry Crafting.

Then, we'll be joined by Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler to talk about the improvements, additions, and changes we're making to both the Alliance War and Battlegrounds as part of Update 18, including new dailies, rewards, and more!
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • Almariel
    Almariel
    ✭✭✭
    new houses and furnishing *nomnom*
    @Sevryiel - daheim auf dem PC-EU Server
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wheeler back on ESO Live nice!

New homes will be interesting as well, hype!
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Recremen
    Recremen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh man, two things I love! :):):)
    Men'Do PC NA AD Khajiit
    Grand High Illustrious Mid-Tier PvP/PvE Bussmunster
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I demand to show us new cyro costume!
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is the official discussion thread for the blog article ESO Live: April 13 @ 6PM EDT – Summerset’s Houses and PvP Changes.

First, Lead Systems Designer Philip Draven and Systems Designer Cullen Lee will give us a tour through two of the brand-new player homes coming with and beyond ESO: Summerset. As they do, they'll also showcase some of the new furnishings that you'll be able to create with Jewelry Crafting.

Then, we'll be joined by Lead PvP Designer Brian Wheeler to talk about the improvements, additions, and changes we're making to both the Alliance War and Battlegrounds as part of Update 18, including new dailies, rewards, and more!

So we can create furnishing with the jewelry crafting system! :smiley: My day is a little brighter now. :smile:

What is the material used for jewelry furnishing? Does it also come in raw form and needs to be refined (like all other jewelry materials, but unlike all other furnishing materials)? Can we find it in every seam around the world?
    My characters:
    Main and crafter: A Breton magicka templar named Erwann Sorril
    Alt 1: A Bosmer sorcerer named Tuuneleg
    Alt 2: An Imperial dragonknight named Gaius Tullius Hastifer
    Alt 3: An Argonian vampire/nightblade named Observe-le-Xanmeer
    Alt 4: A Nord werewolf/dragonknight named Sigurd Hurlevent
    Alt 5: A Breton sorcerer named Gilian Sorril (he's Erwann's younger brother)
    Alt 6: A Khajiit nightblade named Jolan-dar
    Alt 7: A Nord warden named Sigurmar Hurlevent (he's Sigurd's younger brother)
    Alt 8: An Altmer templar named Oioriel
    Alt 9: An Argonian stamina Warden named Danse-avec-les-Rainettes
    Alt 10: A Redguard templar named Neemokh af-Corelanya
    Alt 11: A Nord stamina sorcerer named Olga Écoute-Vent
    Alt 12: A Breton magicka Warden named Ian Sorril
    Alt 13: A Dunmer magicka necromancer named Ilmoran Dren
    Alt 14: An Orc stamina necromancer named Norgol gro-Borziel
    Alt 15: A Nord magicka necromancer named Thorgen Givresang
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • Ilsabet
    Ilsabet
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    New furnishinnnngs.
    Ilsabet Menard - DC Breton Nightblade archer - Savior of Pretty Much Everything, Grand Overlord & Empress Nubcakes
    Katarin Auclair - DC Breton Warden healer & ice mage
    My characters and their overly elaborate backstories
    Ilsabet's Headcanon
    The Adventures of Torbyrn Windchaser - Breaking the Ice & Ashes to Ashes
    PC NA
  • opaj
    opaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may not be able to watch live, so I'd like to deposit one of my questions here.

Is there any possibility that we'll get more small homes or inn rooms in existing zones? While these great manses are a lot of fun, I'd like to see some more options for those of us who don't want to live in a palatial estate. Also, it'd be nice to have at least one inn room in every zone for those of us who live a vagabond's life.
  • Vehlir
    Vehlir
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Can we submit our questions here? Or where do we do that?
  • Apherius
    Apherius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
  • MurderMostFoul
    MurderMostFoul
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am prepared for juicy tidbits!
    “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.”
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Looking forward to seeing what the new dailies are! :smiley:
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good to see ol' Brian again. I am "so excited" for the new houses!
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Vanthras79
    Vanthras79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I sure hope the memes will be good for Natch Potes day :wink:

We need some quality memes and gifs Gina :smiley:
    Norion Germain - Telvanni Wizard, Covenant Battle Mage, Mage's Guild Magister, Resident of Daggerfall Overlook, Lord of Tel Galen, Psijic Monk, Antiquarian, Breton Scholar, and Traveler.

• Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish list:

The ability to choose match type.

The removal of power sigils.

A team vs team match type rather than team vs team vs team.

A dueling arena with incentives, rewards, and leaderboards.

The ability to kick players off of your siege equipment.

Better match making with premade groups in battlegrounds.

Make objective game types more focused on killing players rather than focusing on objectives. For example domination should be about fighting players. The more points you control the more points you earn when you kill a player. Simply just holding a point shouldn't earn you and points.
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If I may put forward some furnishing suggestions, it would be great to have stained glass that could act as windows replacers, Welkynd, Varla, Culanda and Malondo stones. Stacks of coins, Dwemer coins. Some trinkets, damascened versions of weapons, ornamental rings, small statues made of meteoric glass and meteoric iron, golden rings to adorn the base of a cristaline flute, ornamental tiaras for display, fabergé-like argonian eggs replicas, ornated versions of the pawns for the Strife game, and so on... :smile:
    My characters:
    Alt 16: An Imperial magicka dragonknight named Publius Valeirus Hastifer (Just call him "Valerio" - he's Gaius younger troublemaker of a brother)
    Main in NA (For collaborative events): A Breton magicka nightblade named Titouan Sorril (long-lost brother of Erwann and Gilian)
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Varla, Culanda

These were a Luxury furnishing a while back. (Though being able to make more on command would be great; they're very nice light sources. :))
    fabergé-like argonian eggs replicas

And I think these are already an Achievement furnishing.
  • Rair.Kitani
    Rair.Kitani
    ✭✭✭
    I would love to see some improved construction furnishings, like floors, walls, stairs and doors
  • Agalloch
    Agalloch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm dreaming about a returning of the large Cyrodiil battles we had in the early 2014
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Will we also see Rolis Hlaalu's new stock, I mean the (now 7, I guess?) new furnishing schematics, if there is any?
    My characters:
  • MilwaukeeScott
    MilwaukeeScott
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What platform today? Youtube, Twitch? Or?
    PS4NA

All I see is hate and rage from people who don't understand how to.....
  • Donari
    Donari
    ✭✭✭✭
    The blog post said Twitch but they're doing the card game, not Summerset. What gives? It's just past 6 pm eastern now.

Edit: I was able to see it on YouTube. Though only arrived in time for the tail end of the Alinor house, then the ship house, and couldn't join in the giveaway contest because I have no idea what YouTube means by "create a channel to chat."

The blog post says "As always, we'll feature live gameplay, answer your questions, and have a giveaway. We'll see you on Friday at 6:00PM EDT on Twitch or YouTube. Don't miss out!" With Twitch and YouTube as active links, so I went to Twitch. Please don't link to platforms not actually showing the stream. I did, in fact, "miss out."
    Edited by Donari on April 13, 2018 10:31PM
  • VerboseQuips
    VerboseQuips
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    These furnishings are amazing. And this clock! So awesome! :o
    My characters:
  • themaddaedra
    themaddaedra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "People thought i was dead, i'm not dead..." nice to know Wheeler :D
    PC|EU
  • DiNanna63
    DiNanna63
    ✭✭✭
    I love the townhouse! Hoping for a smaller house or cottage too.
  • carly
    carly
    ✭✭✭✭
    Love the townhouse and the new furniture!
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay I'm actually excited about the houses shown. I'm a little sad there are only 2 though. Morrowind had one more and I was hoping they'd do the same with Summerset.

Also more than a little disappointed that player caps and item slots are NOT being increased! The Altmer house will only have 600 item slots (for those with ESO Plus, 300 for those not subscribed) and was described as a "large" home, NOT a Notable home.... which means it will ONLY allow TWELVE players. This is really unacceptable Zeni.
    Edited by MornaBaine on April 14, 2018 3:42PM

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    MornaBaine wrote: »
    Okay I'm actually excited about the houses shown. I'm a little sad there are only 2 though. Morrowind had one more and I was hoping they'd do the same with Summerset.

I'm a little surprised. Summerset's supposed to be bigger than Morrowind, so I would expect more spaces for houses.
  • Aeslief
    Aeslief
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The two homes they showed were totally beautiful and also totally out of reach. The amount of detail in the first is breathtaking, and the massive terrace was a nice surprise, it really sets it apart from previous Large homes. The second home is really cool, and I mean really cool. It’s a ship AND a cave AND ruins AND has a beach - and you can only decorate a tiny corner of it because item limits.

Exorcised Coven Cottage is the only home that has been added since I started playing the game almost a year ago that didn’t make me say, ‘Oh, that’s nice but it’s not for me.’ I was really disappointed that they still aren’t listening to the people begging for more small and medium homes.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Aeslief wrote: »
    ’ I was really disappointed that they still aren’t listening to the people begging for more small and medium homes.

Ditto. It's fine to make things for the whales but toss the minnows a bone now and then too Zeni! Sheesh!

• Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    Everything looks pretty good except for 1 major issue.

The lack of item limits on homes being increased is extremely disappointing. The current item limits have been a huge thorn in the butts for all of us housing nuts, ever sense homesteads release.
    Especially when you said that "it would be address with the next dlc", when you were doing the dragon bones eso live stream....
    https://youtu.be/YL4GE1B5XHY?t=2663
    44:15-45:00

Its CRITICAL that Medium homes get their item limit doubled. Large get their limit tippled, and XL homes get them 5x ed... The players are DESPERATE for this and have been sense the homestead was launched!

Other then that, the jewlery crafting station does look really good. but theirs no way to fit all these new attunable stations into guild halls. especially all the new jewelry ones.

We will have get a blank/naked house like the cold harbor plot of land, and just plop down a pile of stations.
    Its going to look ugly as sin.

Zos/Zeni/Bethesda The players are begging you!!
    PLEASE increase the housing item limit, & while ur at it, allow us to buy a guild banker&merchant NPC for the guild halls.
    Plz and thank you! 0/
    Edited by Smith4HirePmMe2Order on April 14, 2018 8:56PM
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    1: Change the ESO+ Housing item limit from 2x to 3x. (preferably 4x)
    2: Add a working Exit wayshrine item for housing.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    3: Add a GUILD Banker & Store NPC for housing.
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    4: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    9: ESO+ life time membership option.
    10: Permanent craft bag unlock for crowns.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    14: A 'Port to Guild House' Option on the main guild page.
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.