Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Discussion Thread for "ESO Live: April 13 @ 6PM EDT – Summerset’s Houses and PvP Changes"

• MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything looks pretty good except for 1 major issue.

The lack of item limits on homes being increased is extremely disappointing. The current item limits have been a huge thorn in the butts for all of us housing nuts, ever sense homesteads release.
    Especially when you said that "it would be address with the next dlc", when you were doing the dragon bones eso live stream....
    0/

I listened to that snippet repeatedly and all I got out of it is that "we're looking at it" and "but not for 2017" but no clear statement on when we even MIGHT be getting it. Still, by the time Summerset releases we'll be nearly half way into 2018 and that they are releasing yet ANOTHER huge and expensive crown store only house WITHOUT having raised the furnishing cap (OR THE PLAYER CAP) is completely unacceptable.

Edited by MornaBaine on April 15, 2018 12:47PM
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There was a craftable fireplace. But was the FIRE craftable? @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Best if there would be a bit more modern provision station than the current wilderness fire. You have it already in the game, in every inn.

featfireplace.jpg
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »
    Best if there would be a bit more modern provision station than the current wilderness fire. You have it already in the game, in every inn.

featfireplace.jpg

There was no mention of a new craft-able provisioning station. Which is unfortunate. I really dislike the 2 that are currently available as crown store purchases and count me among those wondering why we can't get a fire that does it like we see ALL OVER the game world. Not to mention the Redguard OVENS that are so much more attractive than anything currently available to us!

• WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was a craftable fireplace. But was the FIRE craftable?

From what I saw in the stream, the fireplace was a distinct piece, no fire inside it. Someone correct me if I mis-remember though.
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
  • Vexarius
    Vexarius
    ✭✭✭
    I really really love the style of the new Alinor Crest Townhouse, a more realistic arrangement of rooms than my current Gardner House, love its proximity to the mages guild because I always play a mage!

Having said that, I would really like it if there were some more windows on that first floor, such as the two you can see from the outside as it is quite dark for a high elf townhouse and it would feel more inviting in those ground floor rooms. Or, allow us to craft window pieces - it’s just a mesh with a self illuminating texture based on time of day isn’t it?

I think overall the style of the Summerset buildings (I love them!) are miles better than the original Auridon ones which look like fibreglass shells from an old fantasy theme park and have mean narrow slits for windows.

I also agree with above, there really really needs to be a better variety of provisioning stations and ones that actually work when inside fireplaces, instead of having to light a campfire indoors!

I would also like to see the addition of more of the large structural bookcase styles, such as the Molag Bal arcane bookcases that were recently in the crown furnishing pack (but I didn’t buy because style doesn’t match). These include the Breton bookcases featured in most mages guilds and dark brotherhood sanctuary walls.

Other wall pieces that the creators have used to vary the layouts of Breton interiors and inns, such as the wattle and daub walls, would also be very appreciated, to cut down on the amount of individual stone blocks I use to achieve the same outcome!
  • Smith4HirePmMe2Order
    he said "not for update 17"
    Quality of life changes that desperately need to happen in order make ESO Better for everyone!
    Forget new content for awhile & forget adding new DLC, this is a list of what is actually needed in the game.
    1: Change the ESO+ Housing item limit from 2x to 3x. (preferably 4x)
    2: Add a working Exit wayshrine item for housing.
    (Needs to be added as a special achievement item for finding all wayshrines in the game, & should use the same slots & operate the exit shrines in cyro, where you cant port to them but you can use them to leave the house and go anywhere u want)
    3: Add a GUILD Banker & Store NPC for housing.
    (willing to pay 5k crowns if it does both Or 2.5k crowns each if they split them and have 2 Npcs(1 for each banker/store))
    4: Add Writ boards and Writ Drop-off's for housing.
    (willing to pay 2.5k crowns for each board+1k crowns per Drop off box=11k total crowns
    5: Cut the crown price of Mundus stones IN HALF, and refund the difference in crowns to the few people who have already bought them.
    (If Zo$ was my dog, ied roll up a news paper and smack you in the nose repeatedly for this. 4k per stone x13 stones? what were you thinking?!!
    6: Multi Attuneable crafting stations. (this one change will solve so many issues with item limits. Make it so you have to 'feed' existing attuned tables to the new station to unlock its drop down effects. This kills 2 birds with 1 stone.)
    7: Change the amount of transmutation gems needed to change a trait from 50 to 10, Increase the drop rates of all Geode sources by 10x.
    8: Release more crafting recipes in the game for housing, Dark elf bed of coals/Outdoor and indoor fires/Orcish Column Brazier/Imperial Forge/Beehives/Grape vinyards/smaller greenhouse than the one currently ingame (half the size), We know they are already in the game. These were on the original housing PTS then like 60% of the good stuff disappeared when housing hit the live server.
    9: ESO+ life time membership option.
    10: Permanent craft bag unlock for crowns.
    11: REMOVE BIND ON PICKUP FOR EVERYTHING EXCEPT QUEST ITEMS! PLZ ABOLISH THIS TRASH RESTRICTION!!! Change all current non quest BOP items to BOE. PvPers don't like being forced to run pve for gear, and pve-ers don't like being forced to run pvp for their gear either. The solution is so simple let people run the content they like and trade their drops on the open market..
    12: Add New Fishing rods that you can unlock with bonuses for catching rate fish. spending 6 hours trying to get ONE blue fish using all of the buffs currently available is cancer, especially when you have to do this for 12 fish per zone times 40+ zones. In-fact just overhaul fishing totally and make it like Farcry 5 where you KNOW exactly which holes and locations the each of the rares will spawn. Make the T2 bait ACTUALLY & NOTICEABLY WORK, and combine it with better rods & better fishing related food buff so we can just reel in the rare fish like crazy. Even with all that its still gonna take a week or more of grinding to get all the fish, but thats better than a LITERAL FREAKING YEAR of fishing just for a housing boat item that doesn't even do anything...
    13: Playable Games inside houses (basically just make all the decorative game furnishings actually intractable so we can play against other players. This would give a nice bump to housing utility and community building, RPers would also probably appreciate this).
    14: A 'Port to Guild House' Option on the main guild page.
    15: Add Functional Things to housing/guild halls that your guild can contribute to unlock as a group effort. An example of stuff would be like a 5% damage buff during overland content for all guild members, or buffs for dungeons/trails. Another example would be unlock tokens for people with super hard to get achievements like someone with the grand master fisher, they could donate a token to the guild that unlocks usable fishing plots inside the guild that the GM/House owner could place down. This would then let people travel to the guild hall and collect a Daily account Limit from housing harvesting nodes. Nothing crazy that would break the economy, just like 30 or so resources from each daily harvest able nodes for each of the skills. It would be even better if they were special enhanced versions of the normal ore/wood etc. that gave a refining bonus for tempers like double the chance to get tempers. (double the chance to get tempers on such a small amount of resources wouldn't actually make a big impact on economy, but the COOL factor would be off the charts so i see no reason why this couldn't be done).
    16: Solo Dungeons, Much like solo trials this would be a 1 person equivalent of a 4 person dungeon. It would be even cooler if you could have your new companion NPC come with you on these, but we will have to see how good that companion system is first.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    he said "not for update 17"

Ah, good to know because that wasn't at all clear. There's also a couple more things said jsut after that but I found it completely unintelligible. Either way, it seems there was the usual "no ETA" regarding the furnishing caps... which is still really disappointing.

• Obsidian3
    Obsidian3
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just hope the drop rate for Summerset furnishing plans isn't as terrible as the Morrowind plans.
  • Hunterka71
    Hunterka71
    ✭✭✭
    As I just came back from no-internet weekend and saw this thread, I have to ask, to prepare myself and cry :neutral:

Is it true no medium house in Summerset? None whatsoever?
    The Altmer medium now has no garden, I was hoping for a beautiful, good space/slots ratio medium High Elf WITH OUTDOOR, I'm disappointed.

Does the new large has a nice outdoor space? I just can't wait till PTS posts screens :blush:
  • Vexarius
    Vexarius
    ✭✭✭
    Hunterka71 wrote: »
    As I just came back from no-internet weekend and saw this thread, I have to ask, to prepare myself and cry :neutral:

The Altmer medium now has no garden, I was hoping for a beautiful, good space/slots ratio medium High Elf WITH OUTDOOR, I'm disappointed.

Does the new large has a nice outdoor space? I just can't wait till PTS posts screens :blush:

Yes the new space has a nice outdoor terrace backyard overlooking the city of Alinor. There is already a view of it at this Youtube video, at this timepoint: https://youtu.be/P8lJg97mgBs?t=11m23s
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hunterka71 wrote: »

The only houses shown during the livestream were the Altmer house which was called "large" and was mentioned as having a 600 item limit (for ESO+, 300 if you are not subscribed) which means it will be a 12 player house and not a "Notable" home which will hold 700 items and 24 players and the "crown exclusive" ship in its own private cove which will hold 24 players. I am expecting the Altmer home's price to be along the lines of the Hundings Palace already available...probably a little more. It can also be bought with gold. We know there is also an apartment but this was not shown. If these 3 are all that is available that's one less than Morrowind which had an apartment, the 12 player Amaya Lake Lodge, and the crown exclusive Telvanni Tower... AND a house that was smaller than the Amaya. I am HOPING that there is a house liek that in Summerset and they just forgot to mention it but realistically... it's probably not there.

• Hunterka71
    Hunterka71
    ✭✭✭
    Thank you both for the answers.

The town home, hmmm, I might consider eventually, but the terrace is not a garden, so ZOS is not getting my crowns for Dibella pack. :wink:

The cave looks nice, boat is cosy, but overall it's too huge for the space/slots ratio of notable houses, not to mention the predicted price and limited availability.

So, I'm unsurprisingly disappointed. Still, the furniture looks good and maybe when I start playing when it comes I will like them better. Or maybe a miracle happens and they add a medium with garden? :smile: One can dream.
  • Stickbow
    Stickbow
    ✭✭✭

featfireplace.jpg

Yes. This.

Or the redguard "beehive" oven.

I have a fire plopped in the corner of my crafting storehouse. Dying from smoke inhalation here, folks.
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Did they mention price on either of the new houses? At work, can't watch with audio
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stickbow wrote: »

featfireplace.jpg

Yes. This.

Or the redguard "beehive" oven.

I have a fire plopped in the corner of my crafting storehouse. Dying from smoke inhalation here, folks.

I stuck one of those giant clockwork fans over my fireplace/brazier so I can pretend I'm not suffocating the whole house.
  • MornaBaine
    MornaBaine
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Did they mention price on either of the new houses? At work, can't watch with audio

They did not. They never tell us that til the house is actually available for purchase.