Do overall changes seem positive or negative?

• SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive. I'm thrilled.

Usually when I hear about a patch, it's nothing but nerfs that damage my characters. This time it'll be buffs. So happy right now.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well I hate the changes to NMG gear. Basically you might as well take all of your gold NMG gear and deconstruct it because now it’s worthless except for solo play since the tank normally applies major fracture. And does anynone know if all the Pysjic Order skills take magicka? If so, then won’t magicka builds have the advantage in using that skill line? My stamblade or stamsorc doesn’t have much in the way of a magicka reserve. Are we going back to Eldersorcs Online?
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mostly positive, except for no warden buffs. That's going to sour a lot of my enthusiasm as I main the class.
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Iselin wrote: »
    Very positive, IMO.

The "all classes can do all roles" theme is not exactly a surprise as it was explicitly stated several months ago in ESO live and was telegraphed with the build advisor that has a build for each role for all classes.

2HD weapons counting as two set items is huge and so is Jewelry crafting... and real multi-core CPU support? Be still my heart :)

Summerset itself and the Psijic skill lines are just gravy.

yup, those three things will make a tremendous, positive, difference.
  • Emma_Overload
    Emma_Overload
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »
    Well I hate the changes to NMG gear. Basically you might as well take all of your gold NMG gear and deconstruct it because now it’s worthless except for solo play since the tank normally applies major fracture. And does anynone know if all the Pysjic Order skills take magicka? If so, then won’t magicka builds have the advantage in using that skill line? My stamblade or stamsorc doesn’t have much in the way of a magicka reserve. Are we going back to Eldersorcs Online?

Blocking, bashing, sprinting, sneaking, dodge rolling and breaking free all cost stamina. My stamina pool is very small, so I have to choose very carefully when I do these things. I think the same will be true of stamina builds and Psyjic skills.
    #CAREBEARMASTERRACE
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashtaris wrote: »

Blocking, bashing, sprinting, sneaking, dodge rolling and breaking free all cost stamina. My stamina pool is very small, so I have to choose very carefully when I do these things. I think the same will be true of stamina builds and Psyjic skills.

Yes, but don’t forget you are also getting the extra armor bonus for 2H staff weapons so now 5-5-2 for sorcs and other magicka builds will be a reality. All I see with this patch is a bunch of buffs and skills for Magicka builds and certainly not much for stam this update. Although I will admit, a DW/2H combination might be fun to play with :)

Edited by Ashtaris on April 3, 2018 8:17PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is by far one of the most positive patches I've seen in the games history. It shifts some buffs around, but rarely does it -nerf- anything. The new skill line centers around utility and giving people options.

It's a clear PVE focused patch and that's great. We've not had one of those. And most of the changes are *good*.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    What about the light/heavy attacks scaling off stat pool like skills? That seems huge to me. I mean LA + HA are already pretty large % of DPS.

How will they offset that power creep? Are mobs getting tougher? More nerfs incoming?

People throw around power creep alot. Trials are still hard. Vet dungeons are still hard if you dont know what your doing.

We do not need more timesinks like enemies that take five years to die, no thank you.
  • Kanar
    Kanar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kanar wrote: »
    What about the light/heavy attacks scaling off stat pool like skills? That seems huge to me. I mean LA + HA are already pretty large % of DPS.

How will they offset that power creep? Are mobs getting tougher? More nerfs incoming?

People throw around power creep alot. Trials are still hard. Vet dungeons are still hard if you dont know what your doing.

We do not need more timesinks like enemies that take five years to die, no thank you.

I wasn't saying that I wanted the devs to make monsters tougher and nerf things, but are they really going to make the game easier by giving us free damage? I doubt that is their intention.
  • Sabbathius
    Sabbathius
    ✭✭✭✭
    Positive, but TERRIFYING! lol

My current gut reaction is that ZOS just spilled a bunch of marbles on the floor. New jewelry traits, two-handers counting as 2 items for set bonuses, etc. The potential number of possible builds just exploded in every direction. Which is fun and all, but now it's very easy to step on a marble, slip and fall. Which is what's going to happen to the game's geriatric balance. It will likely end up in a hospital with a broken hip.

As exciting as these changes are, I think they are making a HUGE mistake. Right now, they are not in control of the situation. Class balance is pretty awful, many things about the game are utterly broken. But right now, the number of potential permutations are still at least somewhat manageable. With Summerset, the number of possible permutations will absolutely explode, but the balance and broken stuff that is old will remain, and then be exacerbated by the balance and broken stuff of all the new things being added. At which point it will be a lost cause trying to balance it at all.

In their shoes, instead of adding new shiney, I would have worked on improving and balancing all the old, existing, long-standing issues. But it's not sexy, and it's hard to sell. Trouble is, this new shiney has the potential to completely wreck the game's balance.

Having said all this, I just have to give ZOS major kudos for not being cowards. Say what you will, they are not afraid to throw a monkey dual-wielding a pair of wrenches into the machine's gears. So many developers, especially MMO developers, get so scared of changing anything, they get almost paralyzed with fear, and their game stagnates and dies as a result. At least ZOS is trying something, even if it's just tossing goop at a wall and seeing what sticks.
    Edited by Sabbathius on April 3, 2018 8:37PM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I am tentatively optimistic. Seems like they found a way to tone down burst (empower nerf, which is simply too strong in pvp) but try to find a way to increase sustained damage. Curious how that plays out.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive. Very positive. I'm super excited for these changes! :)
  • Potenza
    Potenza
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mikemacon wrote: »
    mikemacon wrote: »
    Overall: positive.

Specifically, as a magsorc main, I’m really unhappy with the change to Bound Aegis. I really hope it’s not going to be as horrifically bad as it sounds.

You'll probably get the + magicka benefit just from slotting it the way some other skills work and the armor buff from activating it. If that's the way it works I'm good with it.

It’s switching from a toggle (activate once and then you’re good as long as it’s double-barred) to a “regular” skill that only lasts 3 seconds.

To maintain the same resistances with BA you’ll have to cast it every 3 seconds.

Which means it’s a massive sustain nerf.

Personally, I've never used it for the +armor and being able to place it on just one bar is a plus for me but I do see your point if the armor part is important to you.

This is a mag/sorc mitigation nerf. Minor Ward and Minor Resolve. Now it has to be gotten from somewhere else if possible which means sacrificing power and magica somewhere else. A 3 second duration makes it pretty much useless in PvP.

Another mitigation nerf - Hardened Ward. The 33% additional damage globe is now only 20%. Sorcs are getting the shaft on mitigation again. This pertains to PvP - The initial shield is reduced by 50% in Cyrodill so that means we only get 5% of the increase and still lose the 10% on the additional damage globe.
    Edited by Potenza on April 3, 2018 9:27PM
  • zyk
    zyk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's impossible to tell whether the changes will be positive or negative based on the information provided, but I do not like the direction of the game. The psijic order ultimate sounds like it could be the worst PVP cheese yet.

I'm kind of tired of adapting to a huge number of changes and re-learning ESO every year. Every major update removes a playstyle that I enjoyed but was not OP.

Furthermore, ZOS QA is known to be insufficient. Particularly for AvA which is never properly tested on PTS. If the changes significantly hurt AvA, history tells us it could be months before those problems are fixed.

I think the entire point to fly popular players over was to butter them up. Had they learned of these changes the same way we did, I do not believe they'd be so bubbly about them.
    Edited by zyk on April 3, 2018 9:45PM
  • Murador178
    Murador178
    ✭✭✭✭
    zyk wrote: »
    It's impossible to tell whether the changes will be positive or negative based on the information provided, but I do not like the direction of the game. The psijic order ultimate sounds like it could be the worst PVP cheese yet.

to me the ultimate sounds more like pretty useless. Too much condition why not pop a resto/warden tree ult, sword and board ult or any more reliable defensive ult- also being cheaper. So i can see some very funny plays. But i doubt this ult will BiS for anything.

I play magicka and stam and esp like the mobility change for magicka. Magicka always was strong in 1v1 and groups - this will buff solo/duo magicka play quite a bit.

Did anybody except me miss the stamina templar buffs?
    Edited by Murador178 on April 3, 2018 9:50PM
  • kringled_1
    kringled_1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall, it's really hard to say, there's so many changes that I'd be hard pressed to tell. There are definitely some well identified sore spots that don't seem like they got any fixes. I'm personally disappointed over the NMG/Sunderflame proposed changes; that takes them from nice group support sets to extremely niche sets that are really only good solo for stamsorc/stamplar or if you really don't want to slot the Major Fracture skills (Surprise Attack/Sub Assault/Noxious Breath). The only remaining stamina group support sets (that I can think of) are much less broad in application (Alkosh, Morag Tong, Powerful Assault) or just unimpressive (Hircine's Veneer).
  • Runefang
    Runefang
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well ranged magicka dps is about to explode I think

2x5 piece + Monster & Acceleration to provide minor force.
  • BigBadVolk
    BigBadVolk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Runefang wrote: »
    Well ranged magicka dps is about to explode I think

2x5 piece + Monster & Acceleration to provide minor force.

you mean nerf magsorc? :trollface:
    "The ass is similar to the opinion: Everyone has it, but no one cares about the others!"
    I'm 120 years old
  • Strider__Roshin
    Strider__Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    General positive. It's looking like a great update :-)
  • Ragged_Claw
    Ragged_Claw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Positive, mostly :) Stoked about the 2H weapons, I can have my monster sets back now! Jewellery crafting is going to be interesting too. My concern is about the change to bound armaments/aegis since my sorc is so squishy a mean look can knock her over and remembering to re-cast it is going to be a pain after being used to just having it on all the time. Other than that I'm generally happy with the changes, but we will have to see what happens after the test period is up, I guess. I'd like to have seen some changes to Werewolf which is loooong overdue for some love (even though I'm a far superior vampire), but maybe next time.
    PC EU & NA
  • ToRelax
    ToRelax
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Obviously we don't know all the changes yet, and it doesn't take a lot of really bad changes to make the game worse than before the update.
    But from what we have learned so far, it sounds amazing.
    DAGON - ALTADOON - CHIM - GHARTOK
    The Covenant is broken. The Enemy has won...

Elo'dryel - Sorc - AR 50 - Hopesfire - EP EU
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall positive but i dont understand the “nerf” to stam sorc and few others

Was hoping for snares removal but seems it is not happening
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    IMO...positive. :)

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2320+
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zos QA for big updates and listening skills to players feedback is known to be very poor

I’ll wait to see it to believe this update is good though

But if there are improvements in this area as well that could be cool
  • ccfeeling
    ccfeeling
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Positive!
    So many diversity :#
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Positive (Unless you main StamDK)

Whilst the changes themselves are quite weak, it shows that they understand some pain points between classes and each roles, and overall.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • efster
    efster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Overall, extremely positive. I'm excited for the new trial and massively happy about the steps they're taking to make endgame tanking and healing viable on more than a couple of classes, and really pleased with the Cyrodiil changes that have been communicated so far.
    AD is the best looking faction. I don't make the rules, I just enforce them.
  • OrdoHermetica
    OrdoHermetica
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On balance, pretty positive. I like the direction they're going and I understand the thought process behind their decisions. I actually like the notion that any class can fill any role - that's part of what drew me to this game in the first place - and my annoyances so far have often been based on the fact that that's... not actually true a lot of the time. So I'm all for greater build flexibility. Super strict metas have always annoyed me.

I'm not thrilled with the NMG/Sunderflame changes - seems like it just discourages teamwork in end game content, even if I understand them wanting to stop the whole "burn before mechanics" trend - and I'm a little bit apprehensive about the 2H change. Overall I like it quite a bit, but I do worry that it makes vMA/vDSA/AS weapons less viable, since using one means you're wasting a slot and are in exactly the same situation you were in before this change happened. Though even then, my concerns could be alleviated by them adding a modest stat boost or something as a "1 piece" bonus with the existing mechanics remaining in place as a "2 piece" bonus.
    Edited by OrdoHermetica on April 4, 2018 12:44AM
  • Morgul667
    Morgul667
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NMG /sunderflammes change seem uncalled for.

I mean that was the point of team work
  • SameMeteor26
    SameMeteor26
    ✭✭✭
    Where do you go to see the upcoming changes?