The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Should detect pot be 100% uptime?

• LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    No. There is tuning down, then there is removing stealth. Detect pots in their current AoE of destruction are bad. They need to be user reveal only, so even if you damage them, no one else can see them unless you AoE them.

True, sharing detect does seem unfair. But duration though.
    Options
  • Juhasow
    Juhasow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If You want to make detection pots last longer then also create an visible AoE marker around person that used it similar to IC bosses so person in hide can actually know who used detect pot and where size of the detection area ends. 100% uptime sounds radicolous though
    Options
  • OdinForge
    OdinForge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You can get useful buffs from detect pots, pretty sure you can even get major vitality from them as well (needs confirming). You should be able to survive nb assaults in-between detect pots anyway, better yet should be saving them for right moments. More times than not you just need to pop one and catch a nb off guard for the kill.
    The Age of Wrobel.
    Options
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how many nerf NB threads there are now that Miat's is gone

They were about before then and helped it in being created in the first place..
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Using detect pot does mean you sacrificing other stuff from pot, i personally think it’s a bit weak to not have it 100% uptime.

While I don't think Detect should have 100% uptime, it also doesn't make sense that its duration should be so short while other very strong potion things like Major Expedition have 100% uptime. That's clearly not balanced.
    Options
  • KingYogi415
    KingYogi415
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NO!
    L2P.
    Options
  • brandonv516
    brandonv516
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »
    If You want to make detection pots last longer then also create an visible AoE marker around person that used it similar to IC bosses so person in hide can actually know who used detect pot and where size of the detection area ends. 100% uptime sounds radicolous though

love this idea!
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Overall it's not the duration that needs increasing. It's the range.

You only have ~20 meters (*.65 for 7/7 medium) down to 10 meters (bosmer, khajeet in medium) detection range on detect pots. You only have a 10m detect range on hunter/magelight versus cloak. Versus regular stealth, they work fairly well.

Anyone wearing a detection radius reduction set (or 2 with 3 piece night terror) can reduce their detection range even more. If you were a bosmer wearing 7/7 medium and night mother's and night terror it's down to 6 meter detection with detect pot (it would still be 10m for magelight/hunter).

I would increase the base detection of detect pots to +30m (it's currently +20m) and the automatic reveal range of magelight/hunter to 15m.
    Options
  • Skoomah
    Skoomah
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Make detection pots last a full 45 seconds please!!!
    Options
  • Thunderknuckles
    Thunderknuckles
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with someone else. Since Miats was gimped the "Nerf night blades!" threads have just totally exploded. That's all any of this is: pure butthurt. Anyone who has played a night blade in PvP for very long at all knows how tricky it is to stay alive. No, detect pots should not be at 100% uptime. It's tough enough to stay hidden as is.
    Options
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Juhasow wrote: »

I agree, it does seem fair.
    Options
  • kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    kendellking_chaosb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jhalin wrote: »
    Isn't it funny how many nerf NB threads there are now that Miat's is gone

It’s telling just how weak players builds are burst damage should not be as effective as it is. When everyone goes full burst the class with more just wins. If you build fells over and dies without a shield or dodge roll then it’s the build not the other player.
    Chaos Shadow-Scale: Shadow Archer
    Chaos Death-Scale: Shadow Knight
    Tanks-With-Sap-Essence: Dark Mage
    Dark Brotherhood Listener: Blade of Argonia
    Chaos Dragon-Scale: Draconic Shield Master
    Chaos Light-Scale: Marsh Paladin
    Chaos Lightning-Scale: Daedric Master
    Hurricane Chaos: Storm Archer
    Bask-In-My-Light: Warrior of The Light
    Forged-In-Dragon-Fire: Pyro Mage
    Guardian of The Hist: Light Mender
    Chaos of Black Marsh: Master of The Burning Sword
    Star of Chaos: Frost Blade Champion
    Chaos-Lightning-Tower: Lightning Shield Master

For the King of Argonia
    May Sithis hold back his Void
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to agree with someone else. Since Miats was gimped the "Nerf night blades!" threads have just totally exploded. That's all any of this is: pure butthurt. Anyone who has played a night blade in PvP for very long at all knows how tricky it is to stay alive. No, detect pots should not be at 100% uptime. It's tough enough to stay hidden as is.
    I think since Miats has been revoked, people have been confusing "annoying" and "little bit-chas" with "powerful/OP"...

But that's not the subject of this thread, this one apologizes... o:)
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No. They can go ahead and revert the nerf to immovable pots though, unless the whole point really is to make sure magicka specs who don't run in huge groups rethink their life choices?
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You only have ~20 meters (*.65 for 7/7 medium) down to 10 meters (bosmer, khajeet in medium) detection range on detect pots. You only have a 10m detect range on hunter/magelight versus cloak. Versus regular stealth, they work fairly well.

Anyone wearing a detection radius reduction set (or 2 with 3 piece night terror) can reduce their detection range even more. If you were a bosmer wearing 7/7 medium and night mother's and night terror it's down to 6 meter detection with detect pot (it would still be 10m for magelight/hunter).

I would increase the base detection of detect pots to +30m (it's currently +20m) and the automatic reveal range of magelight/hunter to 15m.

A Bosmer wearing 7 medium and two sets that reduce detection radius deserves that tiny detection range. And that possibility is definitely not what should determine... anything at all.
    Classes that don't need any class ability nerfs: Nightblades, Dragonknights, Sorcs, Templars, Wardens.
    Options
  • eso_lags
    eso_lags
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    You don't need more time than it currently allows to burst down a NB after reveal. If you can't burst them down in the allotted time that the pot denies cloak then that's on you.

Edit: You were the same guy who made the "nerf Magblades" thread earlier!

Lol!!!! l2p

Except detect pots dont work unless you have aoes which makes them useless to most of my chars.

but 100% uptime is ridiculous.
    Options
  • Goshua
    Goshua
    ✭✭✭✭
    No but personally radiant magelight's duration needs to be more reasonable
    Options
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Except detect pots dont work unless you have aoes which makes them useless to most of my chars.
    Detect pots work without AOEs.
    Options
  • notimetocare
    notimetocare
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using detect pot does mean you sacrificing other stuff from pot, i personally think it’s a bit weak to not have it 100% uptime.

Detect pot shouldn't exist in the first place. Countering a classes core defensive mechanic, that takes a skill slot, should require a skill that lasts as long as the cloak ability itself.
    Options
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ofSunhold wrote: »

A Bosmer wearing 7 medium and two sets that reduce detection radius deserves that tiny detection range. And that possibility is definitely not what should determine... anything at all.

You think a 6m detect range while cloaked versus a detect pot is reasonable?

it's an extreme example, but 10m for a detect pot without the sets is still not very good for a detect pot.

I'm fine with it as it is as it benefits me (bosmer in medium), but I'm also fine with reasonable balance.
    Options
  • Jameliel
    Jameliel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Let boss NBs boss:p

I don't have a leveled NB..
    Options
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having it up 100% of the time would make it so that it's the only potion used in PvP. It would also completely destroy any stealth gameplay.
    I agree. But there are alternatives. You can just slot some skills like Expert Hunter, Magelight or Revealing Flare and use them from time to time.... You don't necessary need a potion. There are plenty of ways in this game you can counter stealth.

Revealing flare is ok. If suggest mage light or expert hunter, I cannot help with ignorance. Both are as good as useless in revealing anything. Many people only slot because of damage boost.
    Options
  • SGT_Wolfe101st
    SGT_Wolfe101st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A) OP's name checks out and B) Why not just ask what you want, remove stealth from PVP? I mean lets just remove all skills from all lines and then we can just bare fist in the middle of the bridge. 100% uptime on detect pots? And let have poisons that hit on every attack with no cool down, lets have all magic attacks be unblockable and undodgeable and whatever else will allow you to not die to the NB that must have ruined you night last night. Sacrificing another potion? Yeah, you sacrificing a potion and an entire class losing the skill line that makes them the class they are, you;re right, that's a fair compromise.
    PS4 -NA AD

Wood Elf - StamNB - DPS
    Nord - MagDK - Tank
    High Elf - MagSorc - DPS
    Dark Elf - Mag Warden- Healer
    Options
  • ofSunhold
    ofSunhold
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ofSunhold wrote: »

You think a 6m detect range while cloaked versus a detect pot is reasonable?

it's an extreme example, but 10m for a detect pot without the sets is still not very good for a detect pot.

I'm fine with it as it is as it benefits me (bosmer in medium), but I'm also fine with reasonable balance.

I do think it's reasonable, yes. You've made a significant choice in your build that shouldn't be meaningless because I have potions.

But I don't get pissed off when NBs surprise me from stealth in the first place, and I don't care if you get away from me to reset the fight. While you're resetting, I'm resetting, and at least now I'm expecting you.

People hate cloak, they hate wards, they hate Breath of Life, and complain about them constantly, because the stuff I'm not using is de facto unfair and overpowered. Except it's really not. I like the class diversity that gives a NB a useful tool the rest of us don't have, and I don't want it nerfed - again - any more than I want BOL nerfed again or ward nerfed again or any other class-defining and interesting skill, just because PVPers get frustrated when they don't always win.
    Options
  • Datolite
    Datolite
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They should be about half duration to be fair. Right now they aren't very useful.
    Options
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll happily use Magelight, but there are issues:

1) The cost. Magelight costs base 5400 magicka, and even if you take the RML morph, that's 3241 base magicka. With 15% cost reduction through light armour passive in a typical 5/1/1 setup that's still a cost of 2755 magicka. The radius is 12m, and it has a duration of 5 seconds. It's simply not cost effective, moreso in noCP with the typically smaller stat pools.

2) Inner Light is the morph more suited for PvE because it gives 5% max magicka while not preventing the stun from stealth. I'd ideally run RML if that wouldn't mean remorphing all my skills if I switch to PvE (apart from the attached gold cost).

Adjusting Camo Hunter and Magelight to be viable - or the Flare skill from the Alliance tree - would be preferable to touching detect pots. A 100% uptime would be way too much.

Edited by Feanor on March 28, 2018 3:26PM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
    Options
  • KingJ
    KingJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I dont care make it 25-30 seconds and I'll still be cool.Making it 100% is stupid i don't even use detect pots and don't have issues with stamblade.
    Options
  • akray21
    akray21
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure. Just give me a pot that prevents shields and has a 100% uptime. Deal.
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, they shouldn’t be 100% uptime, but reveal pots should prevent the 100% MISS chance for single target abilities on a revealed foe.
    Options
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    No, they shouldn’t be 100% uptime, but reveal pots should prevent the 100% MISS chance for single target abilities on a revealed foe.

Agreed. This is the biggest issue with detect pots.

As the average player skill increases as the game ages, more and more nightblades are learning how to use this + dodgeroll to stay invulnerable during the 15s a detect pot is running.
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

Options