The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Should detect pot be 100% uptime?

LeagueTroll
LeagueTroll
✭✭✭✭✭
Using detect pot does mean you sacrificing other stuff from pot, i personally think it’s a bit weak to not have it 100% uptime.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You don't need more time than it currently allows to burst down a NB after reveal. If you can't burst them down in the allotted time that the pot denies cloak then that's on you.

Edit: You were the same guy who made the "nerf Magblades" thread earlier!

Lol!!!! l2p
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 27, 2018 9:14PM
  • static_recharge
    static_recharge
    ✭✭✭✭
    Having it up 100% of the time would make it so that it's the only potion used in PvP. It would also completely destroy any stealth gameplay.
  • Priyasekarssk
    Priyasekarssk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apache_Kid wrote: »
    You don't need more time than it currently allows to burst down a NB after reveal. If you can't burst them down in the allotted time that the pot denies cloak then that's on you.

Lol!!!! l2p

Another nightblade playing with an broken classing saying others L2P ? What a joke
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Having it up 100% of the time would make it so that it's the only potion used in PvP. It would also completely destroy any stealth gameplay.

When fighting nb sure, but when fighting other classes, no, other pots will be better. That’s the whole idea, eat pot based on what enemy you face.
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol!!!! l2p

Another nightblade playing with an broken classing saying others L2P ? What a joke

I play like every class in PvP my dude. No bias here. Just educating bad kids
  • Tommy_The_Gun
    Tommy_The_Gun
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. But there are alternatives. You can just slot some skills like Expert Hunter, Magelight or Revealing Flare and use them from time to time.... You don't necessary need a potion. There are plenty of ways in this game you can counter stealth.
  • PlagueSD
    PlagueSD
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol!!!! l2p

More like l2useradientmagelight
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. But there are alternatives. You can just slot some skills like Expert Hunter, Magelight or Revealing Flare and use them from time to time.... You don't necessary need a potion. There are plenty of ways in this game you can counter stealth.

Mage light and expect hunter has very short duration, and fairly high cost. Need to make it like last 20 second though.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Using detect pot does mean you sacrificing other stuff from pot, i personally think it’s a bit weak to not have it 100% uptime.
    I'm either using Immovable/Spell Crit/Detect or I'm using Immovable/Spell Crit/Magicka.

It's not really a sacrifice if I'm on the offensive hunting down a stealther, I don't really need the extra Magicka. Either way, not really much of a loss. You shouldn't structure your build to be depended on the resource return of potions, IMO.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the sorcerers use that 10 milewide tornado skill on a perminant basis and they move Very Fast, it completely removes Everything from stealth.
    it's not fair.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the sorcerers use that 10 milewide tornado skill on a perminant basis and they move Very Fast, it completely removes Everything from stealth.
    it's not fair.
    How is it not fair?

It just means stamsorcs don't need to run detect pots.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol!!!! l2p

Sure, what server you play on and what r ur character names?
  • Jhalin
    Jhalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Isn't it funny how many nerf NB threads there are now that Miat's is gone
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm either using Immovable/Spell Crit/Detect or I'm using Immovable/Spell Crit/Magicka.

It's not really a sacrifice if I'm on the offensive hunting down a stealther, I don't really need the extra Magicka. Either way, not really much of a loss. You shouldn't structure your build to be depended on the resource return of potions, IMO.

So not having the mag regen from pot1 to pot2 is not a sacrifice?
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So not having the mag regen from pot1 to pot2 is not a sacrifice?
    Not really, for the reasons I already stated.^ If you're out of Magicka you wouldn't be chasing the NB anyway. If you have Magicka you'd go hunt down the NB, and...wouldn't need the Magicka lol.

Sure you could make an arguement it's technically still a "sacrifice," if you want I guess? I'm not opposed to adding 1 or 2 seconds onto the duration of detect, but 100% isn't even necessary, not to mention absurd.
    Edited by kadar on March 27, 2018 9:32PM
  • Apache_Kid
    Apache_Kid
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lol!!!! l2p

Xbox NA I got 12 of em. Only thing I really don't have is a stamDK

Edit: Gamertag is: iTz John Locke

Feel free to add me and I'll show em to ya
    Edited by Apache_Kid on March 27, 2018 9:37PM
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol!!!! l2p

RIP.

#buffstamdkbutnottoomuch o:)
  • Samadhi
    Samadhi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

If my recollection is correct, when 100% uptime was attainable previously
    it was running two potion glyphs and with the alchemy passive
    that would strike me as a reasonable point to return to
    while still leaving one jewelry slot open to play around with jewelry crafting updates
    "If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama
    Wisdom is doing Now that which benefits you later.
  • Gilvoth
    Gilvoth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair.
    How is it not fair?

because it makes it so we nightblades cannot stealth
    it's not fair.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Samadhi wrote: »

If my recollection is correct, when 100% uptime was attainable previously
    it was running two potion glyphs and with the alchemy passive
    that would strike me as a reasonable point to return to
    while still leaving one jewelry slot open to play around with jewelry crafting updates

So you are saying double the current duration is fair?

• Mureel
    Mureel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

So, what you mean to say is nerf stealth/nb.

Just say that, then.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it's not fair.
    How is it not fair?

because it makes it so we nightblades cannot stealth
    it's not fair.

Counters exist and are supposed to exist. What other class can do this?
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Lol!!!! l2p

Edit: Gamertag is: iTz John Locke

Feel free to add me and I'll show em to ya

Too bad I am on pc.
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mureel wrote: »

So, what you mean to say is nerf stealth/nb.

Just say that, then.

What i said is a very specific suggestion. That’s the difference.
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope but it should be reverted to the duration it was before; The fact that it had been nerfed was amazing and stupid in the first place.
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • WakeYourGhost
    WakeYourGhost
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to give a "different" reply, but then I saw the name. Troll is right there in the damned Name. TROLL. Like, wow - It's almost as bad as the guy literally named "I Hate Nightblades".

Speaking as someone who uses a diverse set of Classes and set ups, I can tell you if you are having enough trouble with a Nightblade in a fight that you need to fully disable one of their primary skills for the entire fight, 100% detect uptime won't actually help you net that kill.

Jhalin wrote: »

Ya know, I haven't seen this much [snip] on Consoles. NB population is unchanged, and it's still not the "50%" people keep claiming for PC.
    It is odd how many NBs there are in PC PvP now that people can't Literally Cheat to avoid taking any serious harm from a well-laid ambush.
    It's almost like Console players have... Skill?
    ...Huh, I wonder if that's because a combination of Macros and Miats removed "Skill" from the game on PC.

[Edited to remove profanity]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 29, 2018 4:00PM
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I thank you for a hearty laugh, OP.
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    No just slot magelight
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • LeagueTroll
    LeagueTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was about to give a "different" reply, but then I saw the name. Troll is right there in the damned Name. TROLL. Like, wow - It's almost as bad as the guy literally named "I Hate Nightblades".

Speaking as someone who uses a diverse set of Classes and set ups, I can tell you if you are having enough trouble with a Nightblade in a fight that you need to fully disable one of their primary skills for the entire fight, 100% detect uptime won't actually help you net that kill.

Jhalin wrote: »

Ya know, I haven't seen this much [snip] on Consoles. NB population is unchanged, and it's still not the "50%" people keep claiming for PC.
    It is odd how many NBs there are in PC PvP now that people can't Literally Cheat to avoid taking any serious harm from a well-laid ambush.
    It's almost like Console players have... Skill?
    ...Huh, I wonder if that's because a combination of Macros and Miats removed "Skill" from the game on PC.

I don’t hate nightblade, i main magplar in pvp, i can only kill the squishy and i get in stalemates all the time. Your assumption about me was incorrect. And yes, running out of detect duration was the reason for quite a few times that i did not get kill.

[Edited for quote]
    Edited by ZOS_KatP on March 29, 2018 4:00PM
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No. There is tuning down, then there is removing stealth. Detect pots in their current AoE of destruction are bad. They need to be user reveal only, so even if you damage them, no one else can see them unless you AoE them.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.