Maintenance for the week of May 20:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 20
• NA megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – May 22, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 22, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/658773

Fun Fact: Elf Bane Buffs Zaan Proc

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_Chris wrote: »
    Hey everyone!

We'd like to confirm that the Elf's Bane & Zaan combination is working as designed when it comes to the extra ticks, it's not a bug.

It's possible that it could be reviewed further down the line depending on player feedback, but as it stands at present, this is intentional.

We hope this helps!

sweet lol, been waiting for a mod comment on this ty
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still want to know if elf bane works the same for grothdar
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Still want to know if elf bane works the same for grothdar

ill test it out when i get home and let u know ( unless someone beats me to it ) .... ( will be roughly 2 hours from now )
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 23, 2018 7:31PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

We'd like to confirm that the Elf's Bane & Zaan combination is working as designed when it comes to the extra ticks, it's not a bug.

It's possible that it could be reviewed further down the line depending on player feedback, but as it stands at present, this is intentional.

We hope this helps!

@ZOS_Chris

Does this include the disproportionate amount of damage this set does in PVP?

Are you guys out of your minds with these proc sets?

Options
  • Savos_Saren
    Savos_Saren
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

We hope this helps!

@ZOS_Chris

With that logic- then Elf Bane should apply toward Grothdarr, Domihaus, Maw of the Infernal, and Illambris... correct?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Want to enjoy the game more? Try both PvP (crybabies) and PvE (carebears). You'll get a better perspective on everyone's opinion.

PC NA AD
    Savos Saren
    Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I told you Gina said this about elf bane + Grothdarr like a year ago...

Why no one listen? Lol
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why no one listen? Lol

It doesn't actually work with grothdarr, weirdly enough.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Maulkin have you considered zaan on magplar? You can easily heal tank during cooldown then pop spell wall and go offensive, using toppling to prevent kiting and sweeps to punish blockers
    Options
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Lynx7386 as @Sixty5 said, grothdarr is unaffected by Elf's Bane,.... just made it home to test it and with elf's bane 5 pieces equipped the length is still 5 seconds

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »

Why no one listen? Lol

She just said it was suppose to :trollface: (like mystery boxes)

@Lexxypwns why, why must you keep improving people?
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Why no one listen? Lol

She just said it was suppose to :trollface: (like mystery boxes)

@Lexxypwns why, why must you keep improving people?

Oh dear.

And you gotta bring the scrubs to a base level of effectiveness so that they are a fun fight

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Waffennacht @Sixty5 the thing is, broken OP things don’t get tuned down until everyone abuses them. I’d rather zaan get tuned properly in the next chapter release than the end of 2018...(decrease the damage buff on a per second scale while increasing the length of the proc to retain similar DPS but lower initial burst)
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lexxypwns wrote: »
    @Waffennacht @Sixty5 the thing is, broken OP things don’t get tuned down until everyone abuses them. I’d rather zaan get tuned properly in the next chapter release than the end of 2018...(decrease the damage buff on a per second scale while increasing the length of the proc to retain similar DPS but lower initial burst)

Having played with and against the set, honestly the only change I'd say that is needed is dropping the range from 10m to 8m

As far as the initial burst goes, even if you eat 3 ticks, you are only taking about the same damage as a Skoria proc.

The only classes that don't have an innate way to deal with a Zaan proc are Warden and DK, and in both cases they have strong enough defensive tools to shrug it off anyway.

Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Having played with and against the set, honestly the only change I'd say that is needed is dropping the range from 10m to 8m

As far as the initial burst goes, even if you eat 3 ticks, you are only taking about the same damage as a Skoria proc.

The only classes that don't have an innate way to deal with a Zaan proc are Warden and DK, and in both cases they have strong enough defensive tools to shrug it off anyway.

3 ticks is 2 seconds. That means you need to instantly react and counter it, effectively with a single GCD. That’s too punishing relative to every other set in the game. The next tick does an untenable amount of damage for most builds.

The zaan damage may be manageable in a vacuum but when you can use it to create concurrent damage with your burst it’s obviously a lot
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 23, 2018 10:45PM
    Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

We hope this helps!
    @ZOS_Chris

Yo, if these sets are supposed to synergize, why don't the Masters Daggers and Chaotic Whirlwind set synergize? The added ticks from Chaotic whirlwind don't get buffed from the Masters Daggers.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on February 23, 2018 11:44PM
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

3 ticks is 2 seconds. That means you need to instantly react and counter it, effectively with a single GCD. That’s too punishing relative to every other set in the game. The next tick does an untenable amount of damage for most builds.

The zaan damage may be manageable in a vacuum but when you can use it to create concurrent damage with your burst it’s obviously a lot

A full channel of Zaan will hit for 16k on a player with 20k spell res, which a lot, I agree. But, if you get out before the last tick, that drops to 12k, and if you break it before the 5th tick, it only hits for 8k.

3 and a half seconds is more than enough to pop a vigor, dodge roll and then whatever else you need to do to get out of there, and then you have 15 seconds where the other person has lost a big chunk of damage.

You drop the tether range 2m and that whole setup becomes even easier to execute.

My personal experience using Zaan is that in most cases when I get the proc off, I'm killing the guy anyway, and Zaan is just adding overkill.
    It isn't like Selenes, where I see a proc and can immediately use it to create a window of burst.

And while you can run setups that are built around Zaan and locking down people. Remember that if you run that sort of thing, you are building completely around a single target proc with an 18 second cooldown, so you are hardly going to be dropping people like flies.

The biggest Zaan proc I've seen in my death recap was 10k. And that was the first time I fought it. Since then, it really hasn't been an issue to play against.

Options
  • Avran_Sylt
    Avran_Sylt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey everyone!

We hope this helps!

@ZOS_Chris

With that logic- then Elf Bane should apply toward Grothdarr, Domihaus, Maw of the Infernal, and Illambris... correct?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    @Savos_Saren

Maw of the infernal is a Summon Ability that deals fire damage, not a Fire damage ability. So it shouldn't increase the time.
    Edited by Avran_Sylt on February 23, 2018 11:43PM
    Options
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

A full channel of Zaan will hit for 16k on a player with 20k spell res, which a lot, I agree. But, if you get out before the last tick, that drops to 12k, and if you break it before the 5th tick, it only hits for 8k.

3 and a half seconds is more than enough to pop a vigor, dodge roll and then whatever else you need to do to get out of there, and then you have 15 seconds where the other person has lost a big chunk of damage.

You drop the tether range 2m and that whole setup becomes even easier to execute.

My personal experience using Zaan is that in most cases when I get the proc off, I'm killing the guy anyway, and Zaan is just adding overkill.
    It isn't like Selenes, where I see a proc and can immediately use it to create a window of burst.

And while you can run setups that are built around Zaan and locking down people. Remember that if you run that sort of thing, you are building completely around a single target proc with an 18 second cooldown, so you are hardly going to be dropping people like flies.

The biggest Zaan proc I've seen in my death recap was 10k. And that was the first time I fought it. Since then, it really hasn't been an issue to play against.

Except there’s images all over discord of it doing more damage than you’re saying because you’re not counting damage buffs or penetration.
    Edited by Lexxypwns on February 24, 2018 12:23AM
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Except there’s images all over discord of it doing more damage than you’re saying because you’re not counting damage buffs or penetration.

I'm just using baseline figures.

Of course someone with 6k spell resist is going to take a lot more damage.

The proc is also doesn't interact properly with cp. Only the base damage is buffed/debuffed by cp. You'll always get a damage increase of 1720 per tick, regardless of the points you put in thaumaturge.
    So I'd say that there might be something there to the stupid high damage numbers.

Being a Vamp is also going to get you rekt.

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The proc is also doesn't interact properly with cp. Only the base damage is buffed/debuffed by cp. You'll always get a damage increase of 1720 per tick, regardless of the points you put in thaumaturge.
    So I'd say that there might be something there to the stupid high damage numbers.

BGs brah, no CP aka Proc sets even more imbalanced
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

That's all I play, and I've only ever seen one 5 digit death recap for it.

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I was responding to the CP and base damage buff/debuff comment you made. In BGs that's a moot point either way.

The fact it can even get past the 4 digit numbers is mind boggling to me for balance
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I was responding to the CP and base damage buff/debuff comment you made. In BGs that's a moot point either way.

The fact it can even get past the 4 digit numbers is mind boggling to me for balance

Skoria is going to put out a similar amount of damage over the same time period, and has far less counterplay, does that make it broken?

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Skoria is going to put out a similar amount of damage over the same time period, and has far less counterplay, does that make it broken?

Some say yes, fun fact though, skoria requires Dots which in of itself is not accessible to all builds (at least easily), also doesn't provide quite the beneficial one piece. And quite frankly, still is outpaced by Zaan
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Some say yes, fun fact though, skoria requires Dots which in of itself is not accessible to all builds (at least easily), also doesn't provide quite the beneficial one piece. And quite frankly, still is outpaced by Zaan

I'd take 1 piece health over 1 piece spell crit any day of the week in PVP.

All I can really say is that if you are dying to someone with Zaan, then 9 times out of 10 they could have been running any other monster set, and still would have gotten the kill.
    It's not at all like old Viper and Tremorscale where you had a huge amount of damage loaded onto a single spammable button, with zero counterplay.

Options
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All I can really say is that if you are dying to someone with Zaan, then 9 times out of 10 they could have been running any other monster set, and still would have gotten the kill.
    It's not at all like old Viper and Tremorscale where you had a huge amount of damage loaded onto a single spammable button, with zero counterplay.

I'd prefer crit myself. Not gonna disagree that viper etc was Uber bad. Not gonna say Zaan doesn't have counters, but I will say Dive had counters, Trees had counters, Frag had counters, cloak had counters, etc etc
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
    Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'd prefer crit myself. Not gonna disagree that viper etc was Uber bad. Not gonna say Zaan doesn't have counters, but I will say Dive had counters, Trees had counters, Frag had counters, cloak had counters, etc etc

Honestly just play around with the set once the console patch goes live. Try fighting people using it and try using it yourself. It's limitations become apparent very quickly.

Plus the set only really starts to become disgusting once you are putting together a build focused on it. If you are wearing Zaan + Elf Bane and have stacked up a bunch of snares, roots, stuns and gap closers, you've given up pretty much everything that is typically useful on a PVP build, so you deserve to at least cheese a few kills.

Options
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

It makes sense actually, it's increasing the damage just like any other percentage modifier: additively.

How you think it functions:
    Tick1 (BaseDmg+CPs etc)+50%
    Tick2 (BaseDmg+CPs etc+50%)+50%
    Tick3 [(BaseDmg+CPs etc+50%)+50%]+50%

How it actually functions:
    Tick1 BaseDmg+CPs etc+50%
    Tick2 BaseDmg+CPs etc+50%+50%
    Tick3 BaseDmg+CPs etc+50%+50%+50%

All the percentage modifiers get bundled up and apply to the base damage, so the amount of extra damage they provide stays static (which is why you always see that increase of 1720 dmg from CPs).
    Edited by DDuke on February 24, 2018 10:25AM
    Options
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Lotus fan. Zaan procs. Zaan tick.
    Incap, you’re down. Zaan tick
    You get up. Zaan tick
    Zaan tick. Lotus fan if you move, otherwise just execute, you’re probably almost dead right?
    Repeat Lotus fan. Hey, five ticks, are you dead yet?

Remove these horrible proc sets already.

Options
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Lotus fan. Zaan procs. Zaan tick.
    Incap, you’re down. Zaan tick
    You get up. Zaan tick
    Zaan tick. Lotus fan if you move, otherwise just execute, you’re probably almost dead right?
    Repeat Lotus fan. Hey, five ticks, are you dead yet?

Remove these horrible proc sets already.

Stampede for a snare
    Dizzying Swing hits, target is stunned
    Heavy attack into Dawnbreaker as they get up
    Reverse slice for the kill

I've eaten both combos, and been killed by both. If you are eating a full combo from someone, including an ult, it is going to hurt, and chances are it will kill you.

What is it exactly that makes the first that much worse than the second?

Options