The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Levelup rewards - If you get them on NA, can you still get them on EU?

Ratzkifal
Ratzkifal
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom This is kind of an urgent matter as people on EU might start playing on NA while the server is down. We all know purchasing crowns will get them on both servers and spending them takes them away from both but the purchased items only remain on one server. Seeing how this works, the possibility exists for the system to correctly recognize that the account received the rewards already, but won't distinguish between servers. Is that correct?
Edited by Ratzkifal on February 12, 2018 5:28PM
This Bosmer was tortured to death. There is nothing left to be done.
  • DieAlteHexe
    DieAlteHexe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good question.

Dirty, filthy casual aka Nancy, the Wallet Warrior Carebear Potato Whale Snowflake
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know bumping is not okay, but this is potentially really important so...
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we get free crown crates, do you get them across account? I'd hazard a guess it would work in alignment with whatever your answer is, esp since one of the rewards is crown crates.
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can bump this all time you want. Important questions need to be addressed. The ignorance we're getting about the EU server is really killing me. They're just shoving the extra 12 hours in our faces like it was expected and normal.
    The self-righteous shall choke on their sanctimony.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    reoskit wrote: »
    When we get free crown crates, do you get them across account? I'd hazard a guess it would work in alignment with whatever your answer is, esp since one of the rewards is crown crates.

@reoskit That's the thing. I got the Dwarven Crown Crate for preordering Morrowind on both servers, but all the free event crown crates were only on one server. Buying crowns goes into the same balance for both servers, but if you buy a DLC, that DLC is only on one server. Same with costumes and everything basically. This has me believe that the rewards might be lost.

Geroken777 wrote: »
    Can bump this all time you want. Important questions need to be addressed. The ignorance we're getting about the EU server is really killing me. They're just shoving the extra 12 hours in our faces like it was expected and normal.

@Geroken777 If you have nothing on topic to say, go leave for another thread. You are whining because maintenance is long, yet this happens with every major update so it actually is normal and expected. It's not "ignorance" if they let us know it will be another 12 hours and we will probably get an update if they can tell us a more precise time. However, this thread discusses something else entirely, which is arguably also important as a lot of my guilds are passing the time playing on NA now. They are potentially endangering their rewards and in case of the crown crates and storage chests, the potential damage can hurt their wallet.
    Edited by Ratzkifal on February 12, 2018 7:01PM
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ratzkifal wrote: »

@reoskit That's the thing. I got the Dwarven Crown Crate for preordering Morrowind on both servers, but all the free event crown crates were only on one server. Buying crowns goes into the same balance for both servers, but if you buy a DLC, that DLC is only on one server. Same with costumes and everything basic. This has me believe that it might not be shared.

@Geroken777 If you have nothing on topic to say, go leave for another thread. You are whining because maintenance is long, yet this happens with every major update so it actually is normal and expected. It's not "ignorance" if they let us know it will be another 12 hours and we will probably get an update if they can tell us a more precise time. However, this thread discusses something else entirely, which is arguably also important as a lot of my guilds are passing the time playing on NA now. They are potentially endangering their rewards and in case of the crown crates and storage chests, the potential damage can hurt their wallet.

They're not really 'endangering' their wallets since leveling up from 0 to 50 for beginners is probably the highest reason people are leaving this game. It is just boring and dull. We're not exposed to the statistics, but i'm sure this is the case with the experience of all players. You have no right to kick me out of this thread, I have the rights to stay and say what I want. :P
    Edited by Geroken777 on February 12, 2018 7:03PM
  • Muttsmutt
    Muttsmutt
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yeah, you can.
    PC-EU // UNDEAD
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ptoblems over problems over problems..............
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Geroken777 fUrFLMh.png
    Here you go. Your topic has been resolved. Feel free to talk about something else entirely, but you know very well that ZOS is deleting comments for derailing a thread.

@Muttsmutt Are you sure?
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seeing how EU is live again, the immediate danger is gone. I will come back here after I got my rewards on EU and leveled a character on NA to check afterwards.
  • reoskit
    reoskit
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful leveling right now. I'd stay well away from it, either in IC or elsewhere.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Be careful leveling right now. I'd stay well away from it, either in IC or elsewhere.

@reoskit Thanks for the heads up.
  • Anotherone773
    Anotherone773
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@reoskit That's the thing. I got the Dwarven Crown Crate for preordering Morrowind on both servers, but all the free event crown crates were only on one server. Buying crowns goes into the same balance for both servers, but if you buy a DLC, that DLC is only on one server. Same with costumes and everything basic. This has me believe that it might not be shared.

They're not really 'endangering' their wallets since leveling up from 0 to 50 for beginners is probably the highest reason people are leaving this game. It is just boring and dull. We're not exposed to the statistics, but i'm sure this is the case with the experience of all players. You have no right to kick me out of this thread, I have the rights to stay and say what I want. :P

LOL, literally not a complaint about leveling up grind among negative reviews. If you think leveling is hard or grindy in this game, try a different MMO. ESO leveling is a walk in the park. Its easy as a new play to level and its really cake with CP. I just made a magsorc at level 5 with just the gear they start you out in and putting just 60 CP in, she is doing 8-12k DPS against trash mobs.

If leveling up in this game is a chore, you are lazy. If you already have bunch of CP and leveling up a new character is a chore, you are really lazy.
    Edited by Anotherone773 on February 12, 2018 8:10PM
  • Geroken777
    Geroken777
    ✭✭✭✭✭

LOL, literally not a complaint about leveling up grind among negative reviews. If you think leveling is hard or grindy in this game, try a different MMO. ESO leveling is a walk in the park. Its easy as a new play to level and its really cake with CP. I just made a magsorc at level 5 with just the gear they start you out in and putting just 60 CP in, she is doing 8-12k DPS against trash mobs.

If leveling up in this game is a chore, you are lazy. If you already have bunch of CP and leveling up a new character is a chore, you are really lazy.

Not saying it was my problem. Im saying it is a big beginner issue. That is it. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From experience, having played on both NA and EU servers on both PC and Xbox, I can tell you that it's like a completely new game. NA and EU are separate servers, so literally nothing carries over except for some DLC content (like crowns) that is bought and installed outside the game, and not just linked to your gamer profile on xbox or PS4 or your account on PC. Crowns and unlocks from NA server do not transfer to EU, just as EU unlocks would not transfer to NA, or just as xbox unlocks would not transfer to PC, and PS4 unlocks don't transfer to xbox.
    Edited by Marginis on February 13, 2018 6:07PM
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Hallothiel
    Hallothiel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Crowns are linked to account not server. At least on ps4. Can create a new char on NA but it has nothing from EU. Except eso+ and crowns.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On PC the pattern seems to be that things purchased or obtained in-game are server specific and things purchased or obtained outside of the game are account wide. On that basis I would expect level up rewards to be server specific.

For example I have the Explorer's Pack, Imperial Edition Upgrade on both EU and NA because I got the Explorer's Pack with my copy of the game so it was applied as a code to my account and I bought the Imperial Upgrade on the official site back before the crown store existed, and again I got a code to apply to my account (all of which show in my billing history).

But someone who bought the Imperial Edition Upgrade and and Adventurer's Pack from the crown store will only have them on the server they were logged into at the time, because it was bought within the game.

Likewise someone who got the Gold Edition will have the first 4 DLCs and the Palomino Horse on both servers, but because I bought the DLC and horse from the crown store I only have them on the EU server.

With free crown crates it depends on which server/s you logged into during the promotion period. When I've played on both EU and NA during a free crate promotion I've gotten crates on both servers. When I've only logged into EU I've only gotten crates on EU.

But having said all that it would be nice if someone can confirm how it works with level up rewards. Especially the ones you can only get once per account like the storage chest and the free crown crates.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    On PC the pattern seems to be that things purchased or obtained in-game are server specific and things purchased or obtained outside of the game are account wide. On that basis I would expect level up rewards to be server specific.

For example I have the Explorer's Pack, Imperial Edition Upgrade on both EU and NA because I got the Explorer's Pack with my copy of the game so it was applied as a code to my account and I bought the Imperial Upgrade on the official site back before the crown store existed, and again I got a code to apply to my account (all of which show in my billing history).

But someone who bought the Imperial Edition Upgrade and and Adventurer's Pack from the crown store will only have them on the server they were logged into at the time, because it was bought within the game.

Likewise someone who got the Gold Edition will have the first 4 DLCs and the Palomino Horse on both servers, but because I bought the DLC and horse from the crown store I only have them on the EU server.

With free crown crates it depends on which server/s you logged into during the promotion period. When I've played on both EU and NA during a free crate promotion I've gotten crates on both servers. When I've only logged into EU I've only gotten crates on EU.

But having said all that it would be nice if someone can confirm how it works with level up rewards. Especially the ones you can only get once per account like the storage chest and the free crown crates.

Ah, the Palomino horse. The first crown store item before there was a crown store. I can confirm most of this. I do not believe the level-up rewards are applied retroactively, so it would seem to be server-bound, as the rewards unlock similarly to something like the telvanni magister personality.
    @Marginis on PC, Senpai Fluffy on Xbox, Founder of Magicka. Also known as Kha'jiri, The Night Mother, Ma'iq, Jane Shepard, Damia, Kintyra, Zoor Do Kest, You, and a few others.
  • Lotka
    Lotka
    ✭✭✭
    I'm at CP level on all my toons. I want the rewards for getting to CP. I worked hard for that! /pouts
    PC NA Server
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lotka wrote: »
    I'm at CP level on all my toons. I want the rewards for getting to CP. I worked hard for that! /pouts

I feel you. I bought ESO+ and from the crowns I got an additional character slot, so now I can still get the level up rewards. It's not ideal, but that's just how it is. In a way it is understandable since ZOS wants to make rewards meaningful (crown crates) but also not give them away for free without a catch. Now it is as if I bought ESO+, 3 crown crates, a storage coffer, a character slot and a costume for 1500 crowns.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you cant get anything from EU to NA and vsv for anything else, why would you even think that this would be different?
    #clueless
  • Marginis
    Marginis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jaye63 wrote: »
    If you cant get anything from EU to NA and vsv for anything else, why would you even think that this would be different?
    #clueless

Some things do transfer over. Things have even been transferred between PC and console before.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @jaye63 I don't think anything will "transfer over". But I suspect that you can't get (certain) lvlup rewards, if you already got them on the other server. I am currently testing this and it looks like you can get them regardless whether you got them on the other server already or not, but so far the rewards haven't been crown store items on NA.
  • jaye63
    jaye63
    ✭✭✭✭
    @jaye63 I don't think anything will "transfer over". But I suspect that you can't get (certain) lvlup rewards, if you already got them on the other server. I am currently testing this and it looks like you can get them regardless whether you got them on the other server already or not, but so far the rewards haven't been crown store items on NA.

They are not connected. Rewards on one server doesnt mean you already got them on the other server... in other words... you get the rewards on both. And if not... it's a bug and you should report it.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Although I have yet to test this, I'm 99% sure that you'll get it on both servers. Based on everything we know about how separate and distinct the two megaservers are, I would be extremely surprised if it was otherwise.

(Also, I've gotten free crown crates from the crown crate events on both servers--in order to do that, I had to log onto both servers.)
    Edited by code65536 on February 16, 2018 5:51PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Juju_beans
    Juju_beans
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well the level up stuff is per account so unless you have 2 accounts you are only going to get it once.
  • Ratzkifal
    Ratzkifal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well yeah, I made this thread during EU downtime while my guilds were playing on NA. Seeing it live, the system looks like it will work independently, but seeing the weirdness of crown related things... The crown balance is constantly synchronised after all so perhaps eligibility is too.