The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

A proposed solution to the Dragon Knight dilemma.

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »
    Edit: and my stamDk has an absurdly high 20k vigor tooltip, if power lash heal is above that I would say it sounds really, really broken.

41bp9w71zfj4.png

22k, and over 4 seconds, not 5.

I could get even higher tooltip if I were to use Shacklebreaker, but experimenting with something else atm :P

Well. Maaaaybe its time to reroll magicka Dk. I will wait till it goes live.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 10, 2018 12:48AM
  • Domander
    Domander
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    oh. so this is one of those...
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭
    who do peope think dks have high dmg?

Lmao probably because 90% of the community is a stage four vampire.

If you think mag dks hit hard, cure your curse and then sing the same tune.

I run light armor dk and i say this with complete honesty. (If im lyin im dyin)
    In OW mag dks provide ZERO pressure against me, power lashes are NEVER over 4k-5k and the only purpose they serve is to spam talons and annoy you with their 5k belly flops. In my experience in PVP, every other class in the game provides more pressure than a mag dk ever has against me.

For perspective, what would it be like if Stamblades or stamplar had major berserk at all times? Increasing their damage done by 25% AT ALL TIMES. How strong would that be? Now compare that to how dks fair against vamps right now.
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Praetorian Stam DK Redguard

Brigadier Stam/magblade (whatever i feel like running) Redguard

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

lieutenant Mag/stamplar (whatever i feel like running) Redguard
  • Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Newsflash: EVERY class has been repeatedly nerfed every patch since the inception of the game. ZOS' problem isnt class based, it's the fact that they dont know how to buff, only nerf.

Dragonknights really have no more right to whine than anyone else about class changes. They're just more bitter than the rest because, at one point in ESO history, dragonknights were the king of kings in pvp and could steamroll anyone they came across with ease.
    PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lynx7386 wrote: »
    Newsflash: EVERY class has been repeatedly nerfed every patch since the inception of the game. ZOS' problem isnt class based, it's the fact that they dont know how to buff, only nerf.

Dragonknights really have no more right to whine than anyone else about class changes. They're just more bitter than the rest because, at one point in ESO history, dragonknights were the king of kings in pvp and could steamroll anyone they came across with ease.

I see people are still stuck horrified about DK's from 1.5 and before.

I wonder how many of these nerf-dk posters are stamblade mains :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • IZZEFlameLash
    IZZEFlameLash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Inb4 that lash heal is also part of the bug alongside durations.
    Imperials, the one and true masters of all mortal races of Tamriel
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    CaliMade wrote: »

In OW mag dks provide ZERO pressure against me, power lashes are NEVER over 4k-5k and the only purpose they serve is to spam talons and annoy you with their 5k belly flops. In my experience in PVP, every other class in the game provides more pressure than a mag dk ever has against me.

For perspective, what would it be like if Stamblades or stamplar had major berserk at all times? Increasing their damage done by 25% AT ALL TIMES. How strong would that be? Now compare that to how dks fair against vamps right now.

Sounds like you're talking about S&B tank DKs.

I have a higher tooltip on Flame Lash (yeah, not even Power Lash which is closer to Wrecking Blow) than any rollerblade has on their Surprise Attack, my Leap hits harder than Incap, I've more DoTs, delayed burst (FoO projectiles) and more penetration to top it all off.

You should try something other than S&B if you want big dmg on mDK, as there is nothing wrong with the class when it comes to that.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »
    Is this a pvp or pve topic?

it's a PVE topic.

Dragonknight in PVP can be really strong atm

See - i would have thought the same. But why would anyone ask to be turned into a warden for pve?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Lynx7386
    Lynx7386
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I play a DK too, a magdk dps at that, and I dont play a stamblade (my nightblade is a magicka tank). I'm not asking for dk nerfs, I just dont think they're getting any worse than the rest of the classes are in the overall scheme of things.

PS4 / NA
    M'asad - Khajiit Nightblade - Healer
    Pakhet - Khajiit Dragonknight - Tank
    Raksha - Khajiit Sorcerer - Stamina DPS
    Bastet - Khajiit Templar - Healer
    Leonin - Khajiit Warden - Tank
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If dk's are wrecking you like crazy you should do the following:
    1: check your build
    2: check your approach
    3: visit a priest and cure that particular affliction that gives dks a nice 25% damage buff on you and revisit points 1 and 2
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭

I have a higher tooltip on Flame Lash (yeah, not even Power Lash which is closer to Wrecking Blow) than any rollerblade has on their Surprise Attack, my Leap hits harder than Incap, I've more DoTs, delayed burst (FoO projectiles) and more penetration to top it all off.

You should try something other than S&B if you want big dmg on mDK, as there is nothing wrong with the class when it comes to that.

I dont use SnB i run DW. i have a plethora of builds i run. my latest two have a 10.1k whip tooltip unbuffed and the other has a 11.2k whip tooltip unbuffed. Trust me, i know damage. In every one of my PVP Clips somone gets deleted by my leap. Ive yet to see any Dk that hits really hard out side of duels. and thats because Those builds dont stand half a chance in open world UNLESS YOUR REALLY REALLY GOOD on dk. They’re so rare to the point of me never seeing them at all in all the time ive been playing pvp. Its way too hard to survive on a high dmg Dk unless your extremely skilled. Its not that difiicult for any other class. And plus any class that has an execute doesnt need high tooltips, my magblads deletes more than my Dk, thats with a 9k concealed weapon. Incap Assassins will, Impale can delete 90% of Cyrodiil. And i got 2600 mag recovery on my blade, infinite resources. To get a similar effect against non vamps i run 1200 mag recovery on my magdk and depend on rotating lich procs with tripots and Ulti’s to sustain.

If the vast majority of a class plays the same way there is a clear issue here. Everyone knows dks get high tooltips.

Its the fack that even with those high tooltips you gotta gut your resources to kill anyone with half a brain in OW. All they need is a souped up defile.
    So alot of Dks run more survivability in thier builds and depend on vamps to get easy kills while hitting non vamps with 3k powerlashes and 5k belly flops.

Edited by CaliMade on February 10, 2018 4:20PM
    XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf

• KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    Dragon Knights have been nerfed over the past few years many times and seem to be on a roller coaster ride of nerfs. Magicka DKs have quit and/or are really frustrated.

Why don't you do this, ZOS.

Remove Dragon Knight from the game turning all existing Dragon Knight characters into Wardens (if they own the expansion).

Mag Dk kinda needed but I think it was resolved with the block change.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

I play a DK too, a magdk dps at that, and I dont play a stamblade (my nightblade is a magicka tank). I'm not asking for dk nerfs, I just dont think they're getting any worse than the rest of the classes are in the overall scheme of things.

The power creep between a nb and dk is massive. Especially in PvP.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 10, 2018 6:08PM
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont use SnB i run DW. i have a plethora of builds i run. my latest two have a 10.1k whip tooltip unbuffed and the other has a 11.2k whip tooltip unbuffed. Trust me, i know damage.

Right. I get 10k unbuffed with destro staff.

Out of curiosity, what makes you choose DW over Destro when you aim for maximum damage? You lose out on Elemental Drain, double chance of proccing burning status effect, 1-2k/light attack (and ability to poke people out of melee range) etc etc.

I've come across no scenario where DW would provide more damage (even with the low-survivability/sustain destro off bar version that can elem drain targets), but perhaps you can enlighten me.
    In every one of my PVP Clips somone gets deleted by my leap. Ive yet to see any Dk that hits really hard out side of duels. and thats because Those builds dont stand half a chance in open world UNLESS YOUR REALLY REALLY GOOD on dk. They’re so rare to the point of me never seeing them at all in all the time ive been playing pvp. Its way too hard to survive on a high dmg Dk unless your extremely skilled. Its not that difiicult for any other class. And plus any class that has an execute doesnt need high tooltips, my magblads deletes more than my Dk, thats with a 9k concealed weapon. Incap Assassins will, Impale can delete 90% of Cyrodiil. And i got 2600 mag recovery on my blade, infinite resources. To get a similar effect against non vamps i run 1200 mag recovery on my magdk and depend on rotating lich procs with tripots and Ulti’s to sustain.

It's not any more or less difficult to survive on a high dmg mDK - it's just different.

Sure, some stamblade/stamplar/whatever might be able to 1vX better, when fighting the exact right opponents.

All it takes to ruin that person's PvP experience is one build with lots of undodgeable damage & gap closer slotted to prevent kiting. End of 1vX & you wish you were playing a mDK instead, as mDK doesn't get "hardcountered" by anything except numbers advantage.

So yeah, if you like having occasional moments of glory with lots of frustration inbetween, play stamblade/stamplar/whatever. If you like being consistently powerful, then mDK is the class for that.
    If the vast majority of a class plays the same way there is a clear issue here. Everyone knows dks get high tooltips.

Its the fack that even with those high tooltips you gotta gut your resources to kill anyone with half a brain in OW. All they need is a souped up defile.
    So alot of Dks run more survivability in thier builds and depend on vamps to get easy kills while hitting non vamps with 3k powerlashes and 5k belly flops.

Well, I dealt with those "issues" with my build.

Defile? Healing Ward. Sustain? Elemental Drain (& Eyes of Mara off bar for cheaper Wards).

This lets me run BSW as the other set, 3x Spell Damage on jewelry, Apprentice mundus & I don't have any issues with magicka sustain or survivability (unless badly outnumbered).

I think going DW or S&B forces you to give up too much damage and/or sustain.
    Edited by DDuke on February 10, 2018 7:59PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I dont use SnB i run DW. i have a plethora of builds i run. my latest two have a 10.1k whip tooltip unbuffed and the other has a 11.2k whip tooltip unbuffed. Trust me, i know damage.

Out of curiosity, what makes you choose DW over Destro when you aim for maximum damage? You lose out on Elemental Drain, double chance of proccing burning status effect, 1-2k/light attack (and ability to poke people out of melee range) etc etc.

I've come across no scenario where DW would provide more damage (even with the low-survivability/sustain destro off bar version that can elem drain targets), but perhaps you can enlighten me.
    In every one of my PVP Clips somone gets deleted by my leap. Ive yet to see any Dk that hits really hard out side of duels. and thats because Those builds dont stand half a chance in open world UNLESS YOUR REALLY REALLY GOOD on dk. They’re so rare to the point of me never seeing them at all in all the time ive been playing pvp. Its way too hard to survive on a high dmg Dk unless your extremely skilled. Its not that difiicult for any other class. And plus any class that has an execute doesnt need high tooltips, my magblads deletes more than my Dk, thats with a 9k concealed weapon. Incap Assassins will, Impale can delete 90% of Cyrodiil. And i got 2600 mag recovery on my blade, infinite resources. To get a similar effect against non vamps i run 1200 mag recovery on my magdk and depend on rotating lich procs with tripots and Ulti’s to sustain.

It's not any more or less difficult to survive on a high dmg mDK - it's just different.

Sure, some stamblade/stamplar/whatever might be able to 1vX better, when fighting the exact right opponents.

All it takes to ruin that person's PvP experience is one build with lots of undodgeable damage & gap closer slotted to prevent kiting. End of 1vX & you wish you were playing a mDK instead, as mDK doesn't get "hardcountered" by anything except numbers advantage.

So yeah, if you like having occasional moments of glory with lots of frustration inbetween, play stamblade/stamplar/whatever. If you like being consistently powerful, then mDK is the class for that.

Defile? Healing Ward. Sustain? Elemental Drain (& Eyes of Mara off bar for cheaper Wards).

This lets me run BSW as the other set, 3x Spell Damage on jewelry, Apprentice mundus & I don't have any issues with magicka sustain or survivability (unless badly outnumbered).

TO be honest LA mDK is a lot more tankier than a medium armor sDk, while also having much reliable damage+pressure.
  • JobooAGS
    JobooAGS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Buff swords?
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Note: Taking into account that only really ele drain is used from destro. Burning extra chance is useful, but negligable with enough dots.

I run DW because I prefer the passive increase in all damage from DW and the extra constant set piece, this just gives me constant damage without having as much to setup. Though if in a smaller fight destro wins due to ele drain just being so good, albeit situational (if under high pressure casting and keeping on a specific target is hard, though the dots can keep the mag aspect flowing.)

The weaves are pretty good, but not as life changing, and I hit like 500 with dw light average and 1k with destro. The heavy attacking for mag is also something quite situational, unlike stam heavy weaving is much longer and so riskier.

I'd say for a high damage potato masher 1vX build then DW is quite a bit stronger, but if you are going for more drawn out fights then the pressure and sustain from destro is better.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

TO be honest LA mDK is a lot more tankier than a medium armor sDk, while also having much reliable damage+pressure.

Eh, Its probably generally because med sucks and so much goes though it. Light armour DK often relied on block, and that build is comparable to a stamDK med block one. But shields are still very strong, so any mag class can use them well, even a DK that has no reliable class defense.

StamDK can get quite comparable damage and pressure if using s/b for damage and defiling, but its not really that great if 1vXing, which requires burst.
    Edited by ak_pvp on February 10, 2018 9:50PM
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Bosov
    Bosov
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah well.. another patch running around in Cyrodill on my stam dk and being worse than almost every other class. Whats new?
    Xbox One - EU - GT : Bosov
    PC - EU - @Bosov91

ESO Highight :
    https://twitter.com/SlashLurk/status/895068339273310208

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »

Eh, Its probably generally because med sucks and so much goes though it. Light armour DK often relied on block, and that build is comparable to a stamDK med block one. But shields are still very strong, so any mag class can use them well, even a DK that has no reliable class defense.

StamDK can get quite comparable damage and pressure if using s/b for damage and defiling, but its not really that great if 1vXing, which requires burst.

I'm not talking about 1vX here.

1v1, or group v group, light armor mDK vs any kind of stamDK build. mDK has the upper hand, and can be played with a staff, or dual wield, which stamDk can not even possibly dream about. No spammable = no fun.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on February 11, 2018 3:15AM
  • CaliMade
    CaliMade
    ✭✭✭✭

I use DW because you get +5 % damage done, you get the 1400 max mag from 2 pc willpower. and you get the benefit of nirn honed( same boost as destro gets btw) plus having your weapon damage enchant with 100% up time( infused offhand).

Healing ward is useless against 3 or more players.

I ran Resto last patch but after going back and forth for a while ive found SnB immensely better for how i play.

I also try to run as many class abilities as possible on all my characters. I hate weapon line skills and the fact that certain classes depend on them(stam dk, stam Sorc) its actually disgusting.

The only two non dk skills i run is entropy and Inner light. Inner light is just too strong not to have imo. and entropy is wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy cheaper than molten weapons, it also gives me an extra 2% magic.

Ive played stamblade and stamplar more than ive played magdk and no, Dks are not more consistent in open world not for lightyears. Consistent at getting overwhelmed yeah thats about it.

If ANYINTHIG Dks lock down stamblades better than any class witch is the reason its my go to for PVP.

Stamina Nightblade is the bane of my existence. I absolutley cant stand Stealth in this game and belive it should be removed completley balanced or not. I dread fighting stamblades, even the carappiest of players, i hate even seeing them. I could type a 1000 word essay about how much i hate that class and still not even scratch the surface of my hatred. Im actually getting angry now just thinking about them. Ive quit eso a couple of times because of them and im contemplating quitting when this patch drops because all in all im going to be less effective against them with powerlash being dodgeable.

Call me bad or tell me to L2P all you want idk im satisfied with my skill level in this game. I just have a deep hatred of nightblades.

Ive got the perfect way to describe my hatred.

If zenimax gave me two offers.

A way to get anything in the game instantly with no cost or catch.

Or delete Stam spec nightblades from the game.

Take a wild guess on witch one id choose.

Sorry for going off topic, but i HATE stamblades

XB1 GT- Cali Made

Major Mag DK Dark Elf