The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

A proposed solution to the Dragon Knight dilemma.

Knowledge
Knowledge
✭✭✭✭✭
Dragon Knights have been nerfed over the past few years many times and seem to be on a roller coaster ride of nerfs. Magicka DKs have quit and/or are really frustrated.

Why don't you do this, ZOS.

Remove Dragon Knight from the game turning all existing Dragon Knight characters into Wardens (if they own the expansion).
  • Rohaus
    Rohaus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mature proposal
    YouTube channel Rohaus Lives!
    Daggerfall Covenant
    VR16 DragonKnight
  • Glockcoma725
    Glockcoma725
    ✭✭✭
    Only if they also turn Sorcs to Templars
    PC-NA CP570 @Glockcoma725
    Maximus Dezimus Meridius Tank DragonKight
    Ri'Skarr DD Nightblade
    Myrddin Emrys DD Sorceror
    Smokes-All-Herbs Healer Templar
    Azog the Defiler DD Warden
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    You realise that mag wardens are even worse than mag DKs in pve, and that stam DK still pulls stupid numbers right?

Plus the fact that DKs in general make the best tanks.
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No! I love my MagDK tank.

Huh. That might be why I love my MagDK. I'm a tank. Hmmm....
  • MrGraves
    MrGraves
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rather just have a class change that's entirely optional. I don't like warden game play.

IMO the best "solution" to this kind of thing is to separate PvE from PvP (having nerfs apply to one or the other depending on if the problem is a problem in PvE or PvP) And just having a pop up when you enter PvP to tell you which abilities are altered in PvP (or in the tool bar it could say the PvP/PvE difference) Of course when they alter an entire skill changing it into a different one all together then the change would be on both probably but any thing that was "too OP" in PvP wont be nerfed in PvE.
  • Stamden
    Stamden
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd be down with that. Or atleast give us some free class change tokens or something.
    PC NA

~Currently taking a break from the game until my DK can become something more than just a crafter~
  • VaranisArano
    VaranisArano
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So many people blaming PVP for the nerfs to MagDK DPS.

I still think the actual reason ZOS nerfs MagDK DPS is because ZOS wants to prevent the utter dominance of MagDK tanks.
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Stupid thread.
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sixty5 wrote: »
    You realise that mag wardens are even worse than mag DKs in pve, and that stam DK still pulls stupid numbers right?

we never asked for this.

sincerely, a long time stamDK main.
  • kojou
    kojou
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Or they could just fix a couple things so they are relevant again...
    Playing since beta...
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't mind a class change token.
  • Conduit0
    Conduit0
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just fix MagDK sustain to bring it inline with other classes, but obviously such ideas are sheer lunacy.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is this a pvp or pve topic?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• SaintSubwayy
    SaintSubwayy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

it's a PVE topic.

Dragonknight in PVP can be really strong atm
    PC EU
    vAA HM / vHRC HM / vSO HM / vMoL HM / vHoF HM / vAS HM / vCR HM / vSS HM / vKA HM

Flawless Conqueror / Immortal Redeemer / Dawnbringer / Griphon Heart / Master Angler / Spirit Slayer

• Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Derra wrote: »

it's a PVE topic.

Dragonknight in PVP can be really strong atm

that applies to magDk.

StamDK is quite the opposite of that, really strong in PvE, meh in PvP.
  • ascan7
    ascan7
    ✭✭✭
    I still think the actual reason ZOS nerfs MagDK DPS is because ZOS wants to prevent the utter dominance of MagDK tanks.

Then why they nerfed other class tanking capabilities?
    The NB tank was nerfed may times
    The templar tank took a really direct nerf when they removed the possibility to repent the corpse of the dwemer sphere and other monster stes' summonings.
  • Sixty5
    Sixty5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

we never asked for this.

At least you are good at something.

Stam Sorc has been in a slow decline for some time now, and the majority are still riding the SORC OP ZOS NERF train

I'd kill for another stam class skill...
    Lord and Savior of the Association of Serious S***posters.

I play a character called "Gives Me Wood Elf" because I am a mature and sensible person.
    Stam Sorc main in Battlegrounds
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

we never asked for this.

Stam Sorc has been in a slow decline for some time now, and the majority are still riding the SORC OP ZOS NERF train

actually sSorc is getting indirect buffs next patch, via the interrupt changes.(and removal of miats alert = easier dizzy swings) Not gonna decline the fact that they are kind of weak right now, but at least they still have that '' assassin on steroids'' thing going for them.

I'm already seeing tons of people rerolling to stamsorc.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 29, 2018 5:44PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Knowledge wrote: »
    Dragon Knights have been nerfed over the past few years many times and seem to be on a roller coaster ride of nerfs. Magicka DKs have quit and/or are really frustrated.

Why don't you do this, ZOS.

Remove Dragon Knight from the game turning all existing Dragon Knight characters into Wardens (if they own the expansion).

I wich I could choose another class and not be forced to play Frankentstein crap
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

we never asked for this.

actually sSorc is getting indirect buffs next patch, via the interrupt changes.(and removal of miats alert = easier dizzy swings) Not gonna decline the fact that they are kind of weak right now, but at least they still have that '' assassin on steroids'' thing going for them.

I wouldn't write off stamina DK so soon, next patch you can get Tactician CP, slot Shuffle, slot Flame Lash & use Power Lash for a free cost stun (as it now stuns Off Balance ppl without CC immunity) on people you Off Balance with dodge rolls/Shuffle dodges.

Even on a stamina build, the heal from Power Lash is stronger than Vigor and the ability itself deals more damage than let's say Rev Bash for example, so yeah...
    Edited by DDuke on January 29, 2018 5:47PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DDuke wrote: »

we never asked for this.

I wouldn't write off stamina DK so soon, next patch you can get Tactician CP, slot Shuffle, slot Flame Lash & use Power Lash for a free cost stun (as it now stuns Off Balance ppl without CC immunity) on people you Off Balance with dodge rolls/Shuffle dodges.

Even on a stamina build, the heal from Power Lash is stronger than Vigor and the ability itself deals more damage than let's say Rev Bash for example, so yeah...

but at that point, wouldn't it be better to just play a magDk with 2h?

Edit: and my stamDk has an absurdly high 20k vigor tooltip, if power lash heal is above that I would say it sounds really, really broken.
    Edit2: I do already make use of shuffle, tactician/exploiter. Its already a no-brainer combo that most good stam players use, funny that some stamDk told me Im a dumb scrub for not using last stand instead.. lol.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on January 29, 2018 5:53PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mDK has 2 dmg skills in all its set that defined the class: Whip and embers. Both nerfed.

stamDK had just one skill: Venomous claw... also nerfed.

Dks in general have little mobility, some extra resistance through blocking (nerfed), almost 0 range (besides that bad skill called stonefist), some utility (Talons, MK, petrify, spiked armor, igneous shield) and a lot of buggy or useless skills (Wings, inferno, GDB, CDB, ash cloud, etc).

So, as I saidin the natch potes therad, the class got gutted and get NOTHING as compensation... Nothing

Nothing.jpg

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

we never asked for this.

mDK can't get the Off Balance that easily (since you don't have Major Evasion & can't dodge roll much), the usage of Power Lash is very different there and usually just serves a damaging(and self heal) purpose - where as stam DK can use it as the CC.

Can't really comment on the overall viability of the sDK I've planned yet, but on paper it's really, really strong with Rally, Blood Craze, PL heals/stuns, tons of DoTs+Leap etc...
    Edited by DDuke on January 29, 2018 5:53PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

we never asked for this.

mDK can't get the Off Balance that easily (since you don't have Major Evasion & can't dodge roll much), the usage of Power Lash is very different there and usually just serves a damaging(and self heal) purpose - where as stam DK can use it as the CC.

Can't really comment on the overall viability of the sDK I've planned yet, but on paper it's really, really strong with Rally, Blood Craze, PL heals/stuns, tons of DoTs+Leap etc...

You know I always dreamed a dual wield sDk build with a stamina whip. This is not it, but it sounds really close. if you do make it work, please let me know.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    mDK has 2 dmg skills in all its set that defined the class: Whip and embers. Both nerfed.

Dks in general have little mobility, some extra resistance through blocking (nerfed), almost 0 range (besides that bad skill called stonefist), some utility (Talons, MK, petrify, spiked armor, igneous shield) and a lot of buggy or useless skills (Wings, inferno, GDB, CDB, ash cloud, etc).

So, as I saidin the natch potes therad, the class got gutted and get NOTHING as compensation... Nothing

Nothing.jpg

I guess you'd like your Power Lash go back to 5-7s cooldown then (from the 3s it has on PTS) & wings bugs back?

Really, I don't disagree with the "stand your ground" tank mDK having a lot of weak areas currently that could use buffing, but complaining about skills that let high dmg mDKs get free kills on dodge rollers isn't the way to go about it, especially when mDK is still getting buffed vs block & dmg shield oriented builds.

Things that could actually use some improvements: Ash Cloud (increase radius, increase dmg, give major evasion), Talons (needs waaay more dmg to rooted targets), Molten Whip morph etc
    Edited by DDuke on January 29, 2018 5:57PM
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

we never asked for this.

You know I always dreamed a dual wield sDk build with a stamina whip. This is not it, but it sounds really close. if you do make it work, please let me know.

You can make it with whip and a mDK, but you will need a lot of penetration.

Maybe pairing Julianos 5 medium with Spinner... who knows?

In the wrong house
    I took the wrong road
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »

Nothing.jpg

I don't 100% disagree with you. The classes have been shafted, but extra freq whips, though not as rewarding for lightning wall or interrupts and stun on whip is pretty good.

What should define dragonknights is wings. DK should be slow, but sturdy and not snared to high hell. They should have a decent defense against ranged, many and few. Which is why IMO wings should be projectiles per target, include pulse and bird and give snare removal/immunity. Both classes would then be a lot better. Not forced into mist/rally. StamDK would get a burst heal, magDK would not have to use FM or the suicide button that is mist.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MagDK's have been posting 1vX videos this patch and winning major dueling tournaments . Im not sure what game you are playing but its not ESO if you think they are quitting .
  • ak_pvp
    ak_pvp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    MagDK's have been posting 1vX videos this patch and winning major dueling tournaments . Im not sure what game you are playing but its not ESO if you think they are quitting .

Old MDK pre burst heal, and pre changes to talons/embers posted 1vXs. Potato smashing isn't hard. And duels have alway been a strong suit, even more so post update, being able to focus dots, and CCs on the singular target, taking less damage, both of which allow the weak sustain to not matter as much. Things like wings don't go insta down, and mobilioty doesn't matter.
    MagDK main. PC/EU @AK-ESO
    Best houseknight EU.
  • DDuke
    DDuke
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Edit: and my stamDk has an absurdly high 20k vigor tooltip, if power lash heal is above that I would say it sounds really, really broken.

41bp9w71zfj4.png

22k, and over 4 seconds, not 5.

I could get even higher tooltip if I were to use Shacklebreaker, but experimenting with something else atm :P